Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

Is 30k Enough For A Fresh Graduate? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is 30k Enough For A Fresh Graduate? (17098 Views)

Top 7 Reasons To Hire A Fresh University Graduate / Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? / 60k Job Offer In Abuja With Training Inclusive.. Good Or Bad? For A Fresh Grad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is 30k Enough For A Fresh Graduate? by Bakrabas: 10:31pm On Dec 21, 2016
Though it is not the dream job but Thank God. After the interview from 11:00am to 4:30pm Including oral and written and 30 minutes free style on how to handle the position if someone get the job.

Today I received the call that congratulation you are one of the successful candidate the Salary is 30k.

May almighty God bless our hustles... We shall not labor In vail

11 Likes

Re: Is 30k Enough For A Fresh Graduate? by emmaoyes(m): 10:36pm On Dec 21, 2016
congrats

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is 30k Enough For A Fresh Graduate? by rheether(f): 10:41pm On Dec 21, 2016
I want you to take that job. It's not OK but you have got to start from some were.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is 30k Enough For A Fresh Graduate? by MrHighSea: 11:06pm On Dec 21, 2016
rheether:
I want you to take that job. It's not OK but you have got to start from some were.
Oboyeee, c fine face. God pack all d beauty gv 1 peson. And she collect. Its nt fair.o

11 Likes

Re: Is 30k Enough For A Fresh Graduate? by prettyjo(f): 11:14pm On Dec 21, 2016
Bakrabas:
Though it is not the dream job but Thank God. After the interview from 11:00am to 4:30pm Including oral and written and 30 minutes free style on how to handle the position if someone get the job.

Today I received the call that congratulation you are one of the successful candidate the Salary is 30k.

in vain and not vail

5 Likes

Re: Is 30k Enough For A Fresh Graduate? by maxwell767(m): 12:00am On Dec 22, 2016
prettyjo:

in vain and not vail

U get sharp eyes.... grin
Re: Is 30k Enough For A Fresh Graduate? by amicable09(f): 12:29am On Dec 22, 2016
I'm sorry OP, but did you ask a question

Ayam not understanding the story.

Anyway, Congratulations on your 'congratulations'.
Re: Is 30k Enough For A Fresh Graduate? by Sunnypar(m): 12:36am On Dec 22, 2016
This is what they used to ask us way back
Do you intend to further your studies?
Any plans of staying in your father's or Uncles house forever?
Do you intend to progress in life?
If your answers are yes, take the job because even dangite started from somewhere

3 Likes

Re: Is 30k Enough For A Fresh Graduate? by 4lorunsho(m): 12:41am On Dec 22, 2016
prettyjo:

in vain and not vail
did u serve in benue state and if thats true where exactly.cuz i just passed out from there
Re: Is 30k Enough For A Fresh Graduate? by acenazt: 2:55am On Dec 22, 2016
Noooo
Re: Is 30k Enough For A Fresh Graduate? by Nobody: 4:09am On Dec 22, 2016
Bakrabas:

As a fresh graduate, you ain't got any experience yet, take the damn job if it would give you necessary experience in your career, and after few months, repackage your résumé and start looking for better one.
Yeah, 30k is small but better than sitting your ass at home.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 30k Enough For A Fresh Graduate? by Aremu01(m): 5:09am On Dec 22, 2016
I hate it when ppl ask questions like this? Do you have alternative? Better take the damn job.... Some ppl ll give anything to be in your position...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is 30k Enough For A Fresh Graduate? by ThinkSmarter: 5:52am On Dec 22, 2016
prettyjo:

in vain and not vail
auto correction by Android keyboards do cause this at times, and if u don't check ur write ups b4 posting, it will put u in the State of.............[ let me consult Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon. ]

2 Likes

Re: Is 30k Enough For A Fresh Graduate? by ThinkSmarter: 6:08am On Dec 22, 2016
Is it not the same amount that FG N~power z paying to graduates, Op manage it for nw, itz better than to be idle, though it depends on some factors, if u calculate ur monthly expenses like food, recharge cards, house rent, transport, light bills, etc, u can then evaluate whether the job z sustainable, Bc if u re to get job of 30k in a metropolitan city like ABJ, LAG, PHC, where the cost of living z high, it will be damn hard for u to cope with the day to day challenges, but if it z in otherwise, then u re good 2go.

11 Likes

Re: Is 30k Enough For A Fresh Graduate? by nmreports: 6:21am On Dec 22, 2016
He can manage.

It is usually not about the money. Its about;

1. Your goals
2. Your plans
3. Foresight
4. Your city (How realistic).
5. How long you have been at home.
6. Your status (Married or single).
7. The job itself (Is it in line with your career path).

So there is no universal answer to your question.

Consult a mentor.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 30k Enough For A Fresh Graduate? by christhavemercy(f): 6:26am On Dec 22, 2016
If it's a step to your dream job like an internship that will give you the necessary experience to excel in your chosen field please take it.
If it isn't, then it could block you from other options later because you won't be too free to search and won't be available for all interview invites.
Quite frankly not all experience matter to employers it has to be necessary to your field. Good luck

2 Likes

Re: Is 30k Enough For A Fresh Graduate? by prettyjo(f): 6:28am On Dec 22, 2016
4lorunsho:
did u serve in benue state and if thats true where exactly.cuz i just passed out from there
gboko
Re: Is 30k Enough For A Fresh Graduate? by Nobody: 6:32am On Dec 22, 2016
Well is 30k okay for a graduate hell NO. But instead of staying at home idle just take the offer and keep your eyes open.

Nigeria is so bad now employers no longer have respect for graduates see all the stress they put you guys through for 30k

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 30k Enough For A Fresh Graduate? by AlexCk: 6:40am On Dec 22, 2016
Congrats bro,
As much as 30k isn't that cool, @least it beats staying at home, but hope ur place of work isn't too far oo, cuz tfare will be chopping all ur cash o,

But still, in all things, give thanks.

amicable09:
I'm sorry OP, but did you ask a question
Ayam not understanding the story.
Anyway, Congratulations on your 'congratulations'.

U no dey sleep ni tongue tongue tongue
Re: Is 30k Enough For A Fresh Graduate? by Damilare5882(m): 7:22am On Dec 22, 2016
Well,first of all.. Where Is the location ?... Does it go with your line ?... If both are positive .. Then you can take it ... But if both are negative in the sense that its far to where you stay and does not go wit your line . i will advice you to drop it ...

My 2cent
Re: Is 30k Enough For A Fresh Graduate? by Dinny1(m): 7:50am On Dec 22, 2016
Despise not the days of little beginnings.

I hope the job location and where you stay is not that far..

This is an avenue for u go gain experience, while u look for and apply for better openings..

Don't make the mistake some of us made..

Congrats !!

3 Likes

Re: Is 30k Enough For A Fresh Graduate? by phenase(m): 8:55am On Dec 22, 2016
Bros the Job and don't change your mind
Re: Is 30k Enough For A Fresh Graduate? by brainpulse: 9:16am On Dec 22, 2016
wink
Re: Is 30k Enough For A Fresh Graduate? by Rapmoney(m): 9:16am On Dec 22, 2016
H is for Hunger!

When hunger show u weeeen, u go know say na too much groundnut oil make puff-puff shine pass buns grin

Take it for a start. Anyone on this platform who advises u not to take it, has surely been sent to destroy u! grin

3 Likes

Re: Is 30k Enough For A Fresh Graduate? by Ymodulus: 9:17am On Dec 22, 2016
Bakrabas:

And you are happy?

I really do not seem to understand our youths these days. You just graduated and the first thing you settled for is a job of N30,000 / mONTH?

Sorry bro no offence, do you plan to grow in life? What will N30,000/Month do for you?

Have you put into consideration monthly expenses?

There are vocational jobs you can do and get that amount in a day. So why settle for less? Bro not everything is a blue collar job. Get your hands dirty ( farm or do menial jobs if it pays you well ).

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is 30k Enough For A Fresh Graduate? by ogawisdom(m): 9:17am On Dec 22, 2016
Bakrabas:

Not bad for a start, provided u work Mon to Friday 8am to 4pm only
Re: Is 30k Enough For A Fresh Graduate? by babasolo(m): 9:18am On Dec 22, 2016
bro man must survive ooo... atleast you wont ask anybody for 5k again...

2 Likes

Re: Is 30k Enough For A Fresh Graduate? by ajbf: 9:18am On Dec 22, 2016
#30,000 is less than $100 in a month. I think it is too much for a graduate. Nonsense.
Re: Is 30k Enough For A Fresh Graduate? by Lincoln275(m): 9:19am On Dec 22, 2016
ask dose pple that dey dont have 10k job
Re: Is 30k Enough For A Fresh Graduate? by Kobicove(m): 9:19am On Dec 22, 2016
Stay there and be asking...I know graduates who earn far less than that amount!
Re: Is 30k Enough For A Fresh Graduate? by DeLioncourt: 9:20am On Dec 22, 2016
30k is far from okay but its a start. You've got to calculate your transport fare, feeding and other necessary expenses and subtract from the 30 to see what is left. Make sure you're not spending as much as you're earning...
Re: Is 30k Enough For A Fresh Graduate? by Ymodulus: 9:22am On Dec 22, 2016
ogawisdom:

Not bad for a start, provided u work Mon to Friday 8am to 4pm only
Truth be told. Its bad bro. That cannot even cater his monthly needs.

He cant get a decent self contain in Lagos or Abuja with that amount.

Thats a bad start

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Ways To Request For A Salary Increase. / Nigerian Navy Postpones Recruitment As 300, 000 Apply For 3, 000 Slots / Dear 2016 Applicant, You Are To Partake In The Physical Verification Exercise.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.