Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,724 members, 7,802,184 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

Osinbajo, DG DSS, AGF To Review Magu’s Response - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo, DG DSS, AGF To Review Magu’s Response (9490 Views)

"Order AGF To Bring Me Back To Nigeria", Diezani Tells Court / President Buhari Instructs AGF To Investigate Accused Top Govt Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo, DG DSS, AGF To Review Magu’s Response by Islie: 9:09am On Dec 22, 2016
There were indications yesterday that a three-man team will review the response of the Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mr. Ibrahim Magu, to a query issued to him by the Attorney-General of the Federation, Mr. Abubakar Malami (SAN).

The three leaders, who will come up with an advisory on Magu, are Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, the Director-General of the Department of State Services (DSS) and AGF Malami

Magu has responded to a query. He sent copies to the VP and the Chief of Staff to the President, Mallam Abba Kyari.

It was not immediately clear yesterday what the Acting Chairman of EFCC said in his response, but a source said he denied any wrongdoing.

The source said: “Magu has sent his response to the query to AGF Malami with copies made available to Vice President Yemi Osinbajo and the Chief of Staff to the President, Mallam Abba Kyari.

“Basically, he denied all the allegations of fraud levelled against him. He insisted that he was never fraudulent in any manner whatsoever.

“A three-man team, including the VP, the AGF and the DG of DSS, is reviewing the response. The team may come up with some recommendations for the President.

“What is certain is that the President will have the opportunity to hear all sides of the allegations against Magu. “

Senate Leader Ali Ndume yesterday insisted that Magu had not been rejected because due process was yet to be followed.

He said the confirmation processes had not taken place.

He also said Magu’s disqualification could not be done in a closed session.

Ndume said: “My position on Magu is clear and I stand by it. Magu has not been rejected. Check our votes and proceedings. It is clear and concise.

“The Senate President while reporting progress of the Executive Session, said: “Following the security report on Magu, the Senate decided not to confirm Magu and communicate the same to Mr. President, Commander-In-Chief of the Armed Forces.’

“That was our position and the Senate President aptly reported progress of the Executive Session. So, I wonder how and where rejection was brought in.
“We have not rejected him because that cannot be.

http://thenationonlineng.net/osinbajo-dg-dss-agf-review-magus-response/

lalasticlala
Re: Osinbajo, DG DSS, AGF To Review Magu’s Response by Stalwert: 9:11am On Dec 22, 2016
Long live Magu

8 Likes

Re: Osinbajo, DG DSS, AGF To Review Magu’s Response by Nobody: 9:15am On Dec 22, 2016
Lucky Magu.

Let us stick with Magu.

Consistency is the key.
We cannot afford to slid back

10 Likes

Re: Osinbajo, DG DSS, AGF To Review Magu’s Response by brainpulse: 9:17am On Dec 22, 2016
A good one, steps are taken against all corrupt allegations. Not for the last administration where every thing were swept under the carpet. And committee to look into the committee to set up a panel to look into the committee that will think about how a committee and bla bla
Re: Osinbajo, DG DSS, AGF To Review Magu’s Response by ajbf: 9:18am On Dec 22, 2016
Magu is a thief. Osibanjo is a thief. Buhari is a thief. Jonatan is neither a saint.
Magu should investigate Buhari on the below assertions. Remember, this came to a limelight when Buhari was yet to be contesting for president.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo, DG DSS, AGF To Review Magu’s Response by berrystunn(m): 9:19am On Dec 22, 2016
Darkness fighting darkness

Do me I do you... Pusssy no go vex

Efcc will end up like yellow fever

Please they should tell us who owns that house.
That cost 20m a yr.

Corruption fight my dog asss.

Looting from looters.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo, DG DSS, AGF To Review Magu’s Response by seyilabi(m): 9:19am On Dec 22, 2016
Lets pray he scaled through.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo, DG DSS, AGF To Review Magu’s Response by psalmsjob: 9:21am On Dec 22, 2016
The fear of Magu is the beginning of avoiding corruption. But Buhari set the pace because its utterly irrelevant to have an upright person heading EFCC when the President like GEJ is corrupt himself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo, DG DSS, AGF To Review Magu’s Response by bart10: 9:28am On Dec 22, 2016
Now this drama is so annoying. It can only happen in Nigeria. In saner climes, the man in question would have committed suicide going by the depth of allegations undecided
Re: Osinbajo, DG DSS, AGF To Review Magu’s Response by temhab(f): 9:28am On Dec 22, 2016
smiley
Re: Osinbajo, DG DSS, AGF To Review Magu’s Response by Nobody: 9:31am On Dec 22, 2016
The process would have been perfect except for the glitch at the Senate. The Senate DID NOT screen Mr. Magu, so it was premature for Senate spokesman to state that he has been rejected. However, it is within the purview of the Senate to reject him based on the DSS Security report. The AGF has done the right thing by issuing him a query. The response will advise Mr. President who reserves the right to re-present him or send another name. We are seeing an independent Senate; which is good for democracy but I hope the Senators are carrying out their Senatorial functions in good faith.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo, DG DSS, AGF To Review Magu’s Response by darfay: 9:31am On Dec 22, 2016
Baba if you wan fight corruption plz do so. No dance kukere around am
Re: Osinbajo, DG DSS, AGF To Review Magu’s Response by HopeAlive14(m): 9:32am On Dec 22, 2016
I hope Mr. Magu is not doing " magu magu?"
Re: Osinbajo, DG DSS, AGF To Review Magu’s Response by Nairadays: 9:32am On Dec 22, 2016
Corruption is definitely fighting back and trying to deny Magu from operating. I pray Magu is cleared and confirmed.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo, DG DSS, AGF To Review Magu’s Response by berrystunn(m): 9:35am On Dec 22, 2016
brainpulse:
A good one, steps are taken against all corrupt allegations. Not for the last administration where every thing were swept under the carpet. And committee to look into the committee to set up a panel to look into the committee that will think about how a committee and bla bla

Wow there is no more hardship
This government have indeed done all they promise
Expecially 1 nair to 1 dollars.

Apc till 2040.
So they will finish the good job they started.
Re: Osinbajo, DG DSS, AGF To Review Magu’s Response by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 22, 2016
ajbf:
Magu is a thief. Osibanjo is a thief. Buhari is a thief. Jonatan is neither a saint.
Magu should investigate Buhari on the below assertions. Remember, this came to a limelight when Buhari was yet to be contesting for president.
. I believe you are actually stupid .....buhari o, osinbajo, magu. and the rest of them are all thief's. and they should all be killed.....failures forming success #WedontWantBuhari
Re: Osinbajo, DG DSS, AGF To Review Magu’s Response by ajbf: 9:48am On Dec 22, 2016
FEMIBALLHARD:
. I believe you are actually stupid .....buhari o, osinbajo, magu. and the rest of them are all thief's. and they should all be killed.....failures forming success #WedontWantBuhari
Are you just escaped from .... I do not want to talk. It is because you are incoherent.
Re: Osinbajo, DG DSS, AGF To Review Magu’s Response by Qmerit(m): 9:49am On Dec 22, 2016
[[s]quote author=ajbf post=52154015]Magu is a thief. Osibanjo is a thief. Buhari is a thief. Jonatan is neither a saint.
Magu should investigate Buhari on the below assertions. Remember, this came to a limelight when Buhari was yet to be contesting for president.[/quote][/s]

Pained Chief Wailer lolz! He would be cleared mark my word!

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo, DG DSS, AGF To Review Magu’s Response by johnjose68: 9:49am On Dec 22, 2016
ajbf:
I can understand your blood is full of Hatred and Bitterness. It is a pity that you will not be there when the good people of this nation are enjoying. It is a pity.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo, DG DSS, AGF To Review Magu’s Response by ajbf: 9:50am On Dec 22, 2016
johnjose68:

I can understand your blood is full of Hatred and Bitterness. It is a pity that you will not be there when the good people of this nation are enjoying. It is a pity.
What is bitterness in you? I think you have started enjoying now and your current enjoyment will not cease.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo, DG DSS, AGF To Review Magu’s Response by tafabaloo(m): 9:53am On Dec 22, 2016
Mennnnnn, this guy is a gonner!

How do u escape when your accusers become your Judge?

Fighting corruption with corruption.......
Re: Osinbajo, DG DSS, AGF To Review Magu’s Response by bart10: 9:55am On Dec 22, 2016
kenonze:
Lucky Magu.

Let us stick with Magu.

Consistency is the key.

Your logic is warped. So why didn't we stick with the other thieves all in the name of consistency. The future of Nigeria is bleak with such arguments as yours.
Re: Osinbajo, DG DSS, AGF To Review Magu’s Response by Saurd(m): 10:16am On Dec 22, 2016
What up SSG? Is he not part of the accussed?
Re: Osinbajo, DG DSS, AGF To Review Magu’s Response by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 22, 2016
bart10:

Your logic is warped. So why didn't we stick with the other thieves all in the name of consistency. The future of Nigeria is bleak with such arguments as yours.

The verification exercise is still on.
If you have any verifiable allegation bring it up or else shut your ffucking mouth
Re: Osinbajo, DG DSS, AGF To Review Magu’s Response by Lanre4uonly(m): 10:44am On Dec 22, 2016
Nigeria politics. Let's see how it will unfold.
Re: Osinbajo, DG DSS, AGF To Review Magu’s Response by gender123: 11:17am On Dec 22, 2016
If you need a group where you can receive genuine updates on ultimate cycler and understand how the system works. A place where your questions can be answered,

JOIN THIS GROUP

https:///Dg9njWmqcwaBmjl9hFOqUy
Re: Osinbajo, DG DSS, AGF To Review Magu’s Response by ojinuocheibi(m): 11:33am On Dec 22, 2016
kenonze:
Lucky Magu.

Let us stick with Magu.

Consistency is the key.
BEAUTY WITH BRAIN.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo, DG DSS, AGF To Review Magu’s Response by ojinuocheibi(m): 11:34am On Dec 22, 2016
ON FRONT PAGE TODAY
Re: Osinbajo, DG DSS, AGF To Review Magu’s Response by ojinuocheibi(m): 11:38am On Dec 22, 2016
ajbf:
IF THOSE PEOPLE YOU MENTIONED ARE THIEVES THEN WHAT DOES THAT MAKE YOUR FATHER, JESUS CHRIST?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo, DG DSS, AGF To Review Magu’s Response by Tculest: 12:04pm On Dec 22, 2016
ajbf:
. Hope u are nt drunk remove Buhari,osibanjo names from dat list b4 i slap u

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Meets Northern Governor Today Over Worsening Insecurity / Who Is Older Between Atiku And Tinubu? / For How Many Years Was Nigeria Colonized By The British ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.