Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,816 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette (87828 Views)

Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / An Unusual Christmas In Ibadan (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / "365": A Novelette (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jan 22, 2017
ROYH:
Hehehehe, it seems being a bad boy is the best because good girls do fall *madly* inlove with total badass boy but unfortunately for me, Falz is the bad guy, olamide is the baddo while davido is the baddest.
I go kuku ma turn badersky angry angry grin
I don finally reach here oh, so creeza, come continue biko, i see my homeis in the house, na postrate i they postrate oh jagugu88li wink
Meanwhile , you're to read and drop comment oh miss car@jewel. *you're looking dope though* tongue
grin grin if I catch you

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Lankyannie(f): 11:03pm On Jan 22, 2017
Creeza:
for here?

Edakun !!! I will o!!

Exams are around the corner..

But I wonder o!! sad you guys know Im not like this, I used to update every morning, but this period is very time consuming...

You can imagine I went to class today at 3pm, and I'm still there coz itz raining here ( Benin city is weird )

undecided
eyaaaa,kpele dear.no wori we go wait til u finish exam.
Wishing u success in advance.
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by queenitee(f): 11:26pm On Jan 22, 2017
Adesina12:

Thanks but I am a farmer and she is a model

Is there any match?

Creeza we are waiting for you nah....

Popcorn plenty for ground here oooo
grin grin grin Shebi you sha dey make money?
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by queenitee(f): 11:28pm On Jan 22, 2017
So Creeza is done with a story.Slaves in the soul been suffering cos of when love dies.
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Adesina12: 11:38pm On Jan 22, 2017
queenitee:

grin grin grin Shebi you sha dey make money?

Yes of course from my popcorn factory

But why you are after my money?.....chaiiii..see money pedler....hunhun

I think I have to run....this is a setup

Harameede come see what you started here

Meanwhile, I have to run to popcorn factory now
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Adesina12: 11:40pm On Jan 22, 2017
Lleigh...I sight you.

Trust you enjoying our popcorn
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by queenitee(f): 11:44pm On Jan 22, 2017
Adesina12:

Let's go together nah,shebi we will make money there?
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by ROYH(m): 1:21am On Jan 23, 2017
jagugu88li:
grin grin if I catch you
You Can Never Catch Me, My Name Is GoodLUCK smiley
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Adesina12: 8:03am On Jan 23, 2017
queenitee:

Let's go together nah,shebi we will make money there?

2wives already under my roof

you wanna be 3rd wife?
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by queenitee(f): 9:21am On Jan 23, 2017
Adesina12:

2wives already under my roof

you wanna be 3rd wife?
3rd and last?

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Adesina12: 3:38pm On Jan 23, 2017
queenitee:

3rd and last?

Last keh?

Yinmu tongue
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by queenitee(f): 7:27pm On Jan 23, 2017
Adesina12:

Last keh?

Yinmu tongue
If you dare marry any wife after me,I will kill her
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by harameede99(f): 5:43pm On Jan 24, 2017
Adesina12:

hehe shey u no wan spend money b4 ni u ghats to take care of her sha pass me butterd pop corn for here
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by queenitee(f): 10:38pm On Jan 24, 2017
harameede99:
hehe shey u no wan spend money b4 ni u ghats to take care of her sha pass me butterd pop corn for here
Tell him oo
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by hormobolanle: 12:05am On Feb 14, 2017
hmmmmmm Na WA o. since all dis years abi Na here e won finish the Tori put well make I dy observe........
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Adesina12: 9:54pm On Feb 14, 2017
queenitee:

Tell him oo

Where are u bae
Happy val
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by harameede99(f): 10:03am On Feb 15, 2017
Adesina12:

Where are u bae
Happy val
adeshina i cnt acces my email naw nd i heard u cnt exchange numbers here is it tru?
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Adesina12: 10:07am On Feb 15, 2017
harameede99:
adeshina i cnt acces my email naw nd i heard u cnt exchange numbers here is it tru?

You can exchange number but for security reason yo should be careful

Go to the mail u used to register...yahoo, gmail, hotmail etc

you will see the message there...

sweet popcorn for you dear
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by harameede99(f): 10:16am On Feb 15, 2017
Adesina12:

You can exchange number but for security reason yo should be careful
Go to the mail u used to register...yahoo, gmail, hotmail etc
you will see the message there...
sweet popcorn for you dear
owk dear bt cn u send me ya numba here?
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Adesina12: 10:19am On Feb 15, 2017
harameede99:
owk dear bt cn u send me ya numba here?

0705-723-7113
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by harameede99(f): 3:18pm On Feb 15, 2017
Adesina12:

0705-723-7113
owk cool

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Adesina12: 4:39pm On Feb 15, 2017
harameede99:
owk cool

gee me a kal wink
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 1:32am On Feb 19, 2017
hmm!!! OK o!!!!
I just observe small
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by CaraJewel(f): 8:52am On Feb 19, 2017
And i thought have missed.didnt know we're still there

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 11:59am On Feb 19, 2017
OK I will soon update this , its way past over due .

BUt I have a little problem , my best friend who is also my proof reader is angry with me. And right now , I'm trying to settle things with her. So give me today and maybe tomorrow to get things straight .

will be back ASAP wink
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 8:27pm On Feb 19, 2017
Cc

Royh harameede99 adesina12 carajewel jagugu88li veekid lankyannie

Chapter 6

Iziegbe

Ade held my shoulder as he turned me round, his eyes were bloodshot with anger.
I was nevertheless afraid to say the least, but it was time to act fast. Although a part of me wanted to run as fast I could, and even leave Dani behind, I smiled instead.

" I was joking na" I said sheepishly and dusted something off Ade's shoulder. I calmly brought down his arms when I was directly opposite him." You sef. You can vex for Africa "

" What kind of joke is that? He began .

He folded his arms .He became calm.

" I was just testing to see how you react to little things " I said .
Only if he knew what was actually on my mind " You are so stupid , I feel like slapping you . Idiot "

He came forward to touch me, and I stood firm and fixed . He whispered into my ear. I stayed put at the point were I was.I did that to make the onlookers who had been staring, to carry on with their businesses. They had crowded the parking lot, even security officers were present but they didn't interfere , probably thinking Ade was my uncle or something . Let's just keep it as such. Else who dared put out a word , I pity his or her life.

He said something very inaudible and not too polished , I managed to pick something up .

" I didn't get that ..."I was about to say when Dani came right out the car and pushed Ade a little backwards from his stance.

He had guts . I admired his courage . Ade , shocked and confused launched himself with his hands clenched . A punch from hell. An impulse saw me blocking it and the breeze of Ade's arm glaced my face. He nearly punched me.

" Please stop this madness" I shouted " both of you , behave matured please "

" He started it " Dani said with authority " let's get the hell out of here "

He opened the car and beckoned on me, I was not ready to go with him. I couldn't . I shook my head in disapproval , hoping it would make Ade happy.

" The lady said no"Ade blurted out " So little boy , carry your baby face and go cry to mommy "

" Geez** Izzy look what you have caused . How did you get your self into this mess? see how Ade is feeling all over himself. The thought was painful and I couldn't bear it, I just managed.

" You keep quiet " I said without thinking , then hissed " I mean , please . Please Ade ,just don't complicate issues ."

I snapped my fingers and slightly touched my chin. I asked Ade to continue with his former speech He didn't but was bent on insisting that Dani left before uttering a word .

" Is this guy for real ? Dani blurted and with a smile he swirled round " I should leave you alone with my " Girlfriend " . Mr , you are high "

" who is highing ? You took weeding this morning ? Abi your blood is mixed with candle wax? Ade replied

" Jesus ! I wa sliced up internally and asked" did you see it ?

They both replied " See what ?

Don't worry . I can't stand here with two ladies. One being immature whilst the other was a murderer of English. I left without saying the above and had both calling my name.

I waved my arms in the air and didn't look back .I took a cab and head back to my hostel. I wanted to escape from the reality that dawned on me that I was unable to decide what I wanted.

" Ah hah!! Whatsup bae? " Kechi asked when she stood right above my head . Her shadow casted upon the wardrobe that overlooked the bed space .

"I dont understand " I replied

Ideas started flying into her head as they transformed to words . I was waiting for her to say something.

" You just leave the sink running like fountain of life inside Umuikoro village. Water has overflowed the kitchen floor. "

I hissed . I thought it to be something important .
" leave the thing , I will mop it later. "

" Okay o " she said and looked blankly at me "Why aren't you picking your calls, you didn't even notice when I entered the room"

I had nothing to say .I had the best option which was to keep quiet. Silence was the ultimate ,as she wouldn't even provide a solution to my problem.

Kechi gave up with her pestering and slammed the bathroom door behind her. Admidst the rush of the shower her voice tore the air with horrible lullabies that she called songs .

"Arggh!!! I yelled out " Nkechi , please now. Shut up !

" Not until you tell me whats eating you "

" its nothing ,just save your song for people that are in the asylum .They will cheer you. Me ... I don't have time "

" Whatever ! Anyways " she began " I'm going for all night reading . Care to tag along?

Even if I wanted to , not with Kechi .The last time we did, she slept off even before the reading commenced .She woke up in the middle of the night and the first thing she said was" Why didnt you wake me up ? Where is my purse ? My purse o! They have stolen my purse "

" You chop dog for dream? " I asked her seeing that she was shouting and behaving abnormal " what's inside the purse anyway ?

She looked at me,she seemed like she had lost something important " Its my all in one -makeup - kit"

Idiot , I had been tapping her to wakeup but she was a terrible sleeper .Even the people in the class room noticed it. I left her to ease myself , only to return and she blamed me for her missing purse.****

" This time you'll ask me where is your underwear " I hissed " I'm not going anywhere . "

She started again with her talk . I had heard enough , I couldn't take it anymore, she could talk anyone to death. Just drop a glass of water beside her and let her seat comfortably.
I plugged in my ear buds and played Sam Smith's " Stay with me" .

Admist that , my phone rang . I left it to ring , afterwards the song continued .

" Pick your call na" Kechi said , she she stood in view , wrapped in a towel. "Hiahn!! Na u o. After you , na you . Mama the mama. I hail thee"

That was the third time it rang . The first was Ade, then Dani 's came second and Ade followed suit, as if the both took turns in dialling .

" Hello " I spoke up when the fourth call came in" Yes, how may I help you ?

" Why the sudden formality ?" Dani's voice came with authority and calmness. " Please , Bae of life I'm sorry if I did anything wrong "his voice became sweet and soft once more .

He hadn't done anything wrong actially .He was just too blind to notice I was doing everything for him. I expected him to be cool as always but he did not stick to it.

" Im not in the mood to talk , please "

" Haba!!!" kechi blurted out " mood , mood ni moody ko .Nsogbu di ( there is problem )"

I stoned Kechi a pillow and grinned . I took the phone few inches away from my ear .

"Ozuo ( Fool) " I gave her five fingers and continued with my call .

I explained a little and told Dani I was busy and had to cool off. I asked him to call back later or better let me rest for the day. I didn't want to get angry, giving the situation of our last encounter.

" But...bae ,Its not my fault .Please liste..."

" I will cut the call o " I said .

I was getting angry and his pleadings didnt make things smooth .

Kechi gave me a look ,Her eyes suddenly lit up like a lantern refilled with kerosene.

" I have to go now" I said " take care of yourself "

I asked Kechi why she looked at me like that .she didnt reply, instead she shook her head .

* Another call came in .The General himself was on the other line . It was so commanding that I had no choice this time to reluctantly pick up.

" Yes!

" I was checking upon you "Ade replied " I hope you have Calming down a little ?

Sometimes, I wondered why he never sticked to pidgin English than humiliate himself occasionally with trying to be perfect at English. Although he was a little cosistent , he lacked accuracy and somehow it was special as I thought it to be funny .

" Yes . I am . Anything ? " I asked as I tried not to laugh .

" Okay. But you left angrily , I did something and I want to know what it is . You will tell me,right ?

" I was just ..." I said as I tiptoed upon the water in the kitchen floor . The door support below ,prevented the water from circulating to other parts of the self con. " just a little annoyed " I continued while getting a glass of water." Its really nothing to be worried about"

I turned to see Kechi standing at the door. She pointed towards the floor .

* Leave the way jooor * it echoed inside me as I pushed her out of my view.

She drew my blouse and smacked my bum short .

" Mop the floor. Madam " Kechi shouted *

I bit my lips and clenched my fist in anger.

"Who is that? I can hear voices in the background" Ade asked .

"No one . Its just my neighbour's house girl ."

" Madam ?

" Yes her name is madam ." I said and looked at Kechi " One Calabar girl like that " I concluded.

" Hmm, I can imagine " Ade said " I'm going to a restaurant this evening , let me treat you out , and maybe we can continue this discussioning o'er the food and drinkinings"

"Blood of God "I blurted out .

" What is it ? Ade asked .

I told him it was nothing while covering Kechi's mouth so she didn't laugh. My phone was now on loudspeaker mode and she heard the last statement.

I thought about Ade's request .Maybe I should give it a try. I didn't want him actually thinking I was avoiding him.

" Ok . I'll meet you there " I said before hanging up and releasing Kechi's mouth .

Efua

I locked the door and waited for a reaction . Defintely , someone was going to reduce the tension .It was either I go out and confront them or let the matter pass and subsequently just wait for Mr incredible himself to come over to the room.

A few minutes later ,Nosa knocked and just once.He was terrible at being polite or he did it for fun, what did he even feel like? ( a superstar , indeed he was one)
I was about to open when he shocked me with an unexpected statement. It came like a screw finding its way into my subconscious mind and as a dagger with a pointy tip, caressing playfully and painfully on the foreskin of my head.

He said " Don't even think of coming out again, what I'll do to you. You obviously wont like it"

What did he mean by what he' ll do? He must be insane or something. There definitely was something going on with this guy. I thought .

" I-- " the sentence was cut short by Nosa 's bark again

"Better stay in there and don't even try to come out."

Then silence ruled the air again . He had left and I became scared to the bones not having a clue of what caused the feeling that ravaged me incredibly .

I made an attempt to open the door, yet I felt fear and had to withdraw from the attempt.

From Inside my room , I began to hear moans and screams of ecstasy. The girl whom Nosa brought back with him was on a second missionary journey as Nosa religiously blew her furnace, igniting every molecule into a flame work as would the fireworks of a night Paris.The French liked a lot fireworks , especially on festivals which made me wonder if they were brothers to the Chinese .

" Oh God " I blurted out . " Why do I feel this way ? Efua this is not you. Why are you jealous of what is not yours? What is wrong with you? Immorality !! Ah !!"
I had to shout out so loud.

I tried to open the door for the second time when a knock came like it did the first time. It caught me off guard of my thoughts. I became startled to the view that was glaring back at me in human form, those ambivalent white eyes, those blank looks that drove shivers down the spine. His calm resort that made me like him naturally. Just like I would my own brother.

" Oh ! You! Hi there " I said out playfully.

" What's up " Uyi asked " why is Nosa 's roo-"

Before he could finish his statement, I was projected to start explaining uncontrollably .

" He brought in a LovePeddler and she's turned this place into a stadium "

" what do you mean? Uyi asked with a rhetoric look .
He knew what was happening but I guessed him to be a little as confused as I was . The picture of the entire scene drove me into a state of shock.

"Am surprised though " Uyi said finally.

" Who is she cheering ? " He continued " Real Madrid or Barcelona? Even from the main entrance , I was hearing Messi yes( merciless ) , Ronaldo yes( ! Yes ! There!"wink. Oh My!! Oh God !!

He was demonstrative in his speech. His arms glided and he reminded me of Mr Ake.
His reactions , afterwards made me almost laugh. He bit his lips, slapped his forehead then turns to Nosa 's room , he actually stopped in his tracks then returns and stared .

" What ?

" Why was your room locked ?

" Nosa threatened to chop off my head if I came out ....speaking of the devil " I jumped into my room and barred the door when Nosa's door moved.

" Efua , stop right there , what are you doing? Uyi called out, spinned his head to behold whom I was fleeing from .

Nosa's upper body was sweaty and his biceps radiated a feeling that did wonders to my stomach and entire body . I peeked from a small hole which was on the door.

"'Wait till they put broom inside your eyes... Yeye girl " My inner voice said .

The thought didn't last long though .
Uyi knocked on the door. He asked me to come outside and explain , or better still talk about the whole thing. He was serious and the light in me knew he would protect me from that monster , in human form . I had to trust him.

Scared as hell, I walked out and clutched my clothes tightly .

"What are you doing outside ? " Nosa's voice came like thunder . It roared tremendously that I thought him to be god, even for a split second .

My knee buckled .

Uyi interferred , He spoke for me and rebuked Nosa for his rude attitude. He nearly fought him and the duo argued on a variety of issues.

" This should not happen again " Uyi dropped it like a bomb "this is a male hostel not a place where females cheer up their football teams "

" Really ? Football teams ? Male hostel ? " Nosa replied . " He paced the corridor then clenched his fist , he smirked his lips , " so Efua is what ? A she-male ? Bros spare me abeg , Romance doesn't fit you. Its disgusting ."

I observed as Nosa hissed and snivelled. He pointed towards me and ravaged with anger, it showed in his eyes.

I jerked and drew back a little.

" What are you doing outside ? " Nosa asked me again " You saw my naked anatomy abi? You have seen it and you are now satisfied."

" Please stop " I said " Its not -"

" Keep quiet ,get back into your room , from now henceforth i don't want to see you when am around this house, not even your shadow. Are we clear on..."

Uyi held my arms as I impulsively gripped the door. I was shaking all the way to the bone marrow.

" Don't go anywhere " Uyi said .

" Please let me just enter my room"

" Don't go anywhere " he had me tightly , his gaze fixed upon Nosa. " Guy what's up na ? See how you 're just controlling and ordering the girl like she is your daughter or lil sis,... What's the matter.? You high?

Nosa became infuriated and he threw a slap that mistakenly landed on Uyi. It was mine and intended for my face , but I dodged into Uyi's chest . Uyi retaliated.
Nosa's sidechick whom he had done wonders to, was quick to stop Nosa from the fight. She had been standing there all along like a pile of wood.

" Rita " Nosa broke free from her grip and said " Stay out of this. And you Efua" he barked " That thing under your veil , yes there " he pointed and I gathered my skirt together " If you like use raincoat to hide the skirt " he continued " I swear I will see it, even if it means breaking into your room like a thief .Bet me "

Having said that , he slammed his door shut and left Rita begging him to open up.

" Idiot " Uyi said to her " Don't go and marry , be giving free food. Bukka 2."

He walked out too leaving the two of us.

" what are you looking at ?eh? Rita asked , her gaze piercing me.

"I pity your soul "

" I pity your soul " she mimicked me in a clown pattern and hissed " abeggi carry your useless sef out of my sight "

That night , I didnt sleep alone . I was afraid and I knew not what came upon me when I asked Uyi to sleep in my room . He gladly did and slept on the tiles.
He wrapped himself in his blanket and ensured the door was locked then he fell asleep.
I did too.

I woke up in the middle of the night to find my door wide open..

TBC

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by veekid(m): 7:56am On Feb 20, 2017
As e dey hot
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by harameede99(f): 10:08am On Feb 20, 2017
Hmm atlast tnx for d mention all the same

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by mamindy(f): 1:32pm On Feb 20, 2017
Thanks for the update, looking forward to more.
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by MozB: 10:23pm On Feb 20, 2017
Jeeezz!!! A new story had started and gone this far and am still behind? Dang!! Omor i wan read like wild fire.

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by queenitee(f): 8:17am On Feb 21, 2017
Creeza ehn,you didn't mention us when you cake back abi,we no vex oo sha come tell us wetin happened

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Adesina12: 11:29am On Feb 21, 2017
queenitee:
Creeza ehn,you didn't mention us when you cake back abi,we no vex oo sha come tell us wetin happened

Where have you been for God sake?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (24) (Reply)

Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? / Three Paths / Last Gang Standing (Crime)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.