Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,858 members, 7,802,751 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy (17604 Views)

Top 10 Smartphones With The Best Camera In The World - Naijatechguy / Smartphone Design Is Officially Dead, The Beasts Are Already Here - Naijatechguy / An Open Letter To Globacom On Behalf Of All Glo Subscribers - Naijatechguy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:15am On Dec 23, 2016
Social Media is now an irreplaceable part of each and every one of us. Social networks these days boast of huge numbers of users. Facebook itself has about 1.5 Billion users. These networks have helped us in many ways but today I'll be looking at the ways it's ruining our lives.

It Keeps Connecting You With A Past That's Best Forgotten.

Most recently, Facebook had a glitch that had old photos of users being reshared. It's possible that there are some of your photos you wouldn't want anyone to see but due to the glitch it became public. This is quite embarrassing. There are some memories you wouldn't want to remember but on social media there's a high probability that you'll come across the post one day and it'll get you annoyed or depressed.

Some people can't even spell anymore
Due to the many short ways of typing words on on social media. Some students can't even spell correctly. I've once read an essay that's filled with Internet slangs and it's embarrassing because it was written by a high school student. That's very bad.

We keep comparing ourselves to other people

"Obi just bought a new car", "Sandra just got an iPhone" and I'm still here . All these stuffs tend to make us desperate just because our friends have gotten something we don't have yet. Sometimes it makes us jealous and get envious. We start living fake lives just to keep up so they'll see you as a big boy or big girl indirectly ruining Our self worth and self esteem

You lose connection with the people around you
This is the annoying part of the whole thing. These days most of us can spend a lot of time online loosing the feeling of a decent personal conversation. We hide behind the screens of our smartphones forming as experts and providing answers to some unknown people's problems meanwhile you haven't addressed the problems in your immediate environment.
Have you ever imagined if that person you crossed on the road when your eyes were glued to your phone would have made a positive impact in your life?. Don't let social media draw much of your attention.
It Makes You Paranoid And Needy.

This one mostly affects the Ladies. A typical scenario of this is when a girl posts a picture and gets up to 1000+ likes, there are other girls on her list who'll get to see the picture. Some of them tend to become paranoid and needy. On the contrary, the person that's making them become needy and paranoid may not be better than them in real life.

You Waste So Much Time Online

We're all familiar with the scenario when you just want to quickly check something on your Facebook account but you see something else that keeps you glued to your screen for a very long time. The hours you spent or wasted on social media could have been used for more productive things.

Social media is fun but we should also be aware of the ways it ruins our lives.

87 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:15am On Dec 23, 2016
Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 6:18am On Dec 23, 2016
... Another FTC! Them don release my destiny. We must celebration! Lala, Wey my talking Drum? Errrm ... My life has been a lot easier since I enrolled myself in the world of social media. I can't even imagine paradise without internet. Loool ... Weird huh??

12 Likes

Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:55am On Dec 23, 2016
smiley
Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by Dandsome: 6:56am On Dec 23, 2016
Apart from fake lifes it has done more good than harm

5 Likes

Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by PhonePlanet(m): 2:39pm On Dec 23, 2016
if social network is ruining my life
then let my life be ruined grin

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by csc2(m): 2:51pm On Dec 23, 2016
PhonePlanet:

I don tire for your matter. undecided undecided grin cheesy

21 Likes

Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by FellaL: 12:55am On Dec 27, 2016
Dandsome:
Apart from fake lifes it has done more good than harm
I quite agree with you, it depends on how you use it

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:08am On Dec 27, 2016
PhonePlanet:
if social network is ruining my life . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . then let my life be ruined grin

Lol grin.. I tire for you o

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by GERRARAHIA: 6:11am On Dec 27, 2016
Nice One Op.. FP material
Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by odiereke(m): 6:54am On Dec 27, 2016
Compliment of d season
Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by coolestchris(m): 6:55am On Dec 27, 2016
How I jump into front page

10 Likes

Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by GScholar(m): 6:56am On Dec 27, 2016
Very true
Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by akanbiaa(m): 6:59am On Dec 27, 2016
It depends on the maturity of the social media user.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by lacasera14(m): 7:01am On Dec 27, 2016
You don mean it!!!
Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by McAustin92(m): 7:01am On Dec 27, 2016
the worst of all is living unrealistic lives on social medias....now adays people desire the unattainable......Stop living fake life on phone

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by ItzHoludex(m): 7:01am On Dec 27, 2016
I hear u
Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by Okaakoko(m): 7:05am On Dec 27, 2016
I don't short words, I hate it
Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by realGURU(m): 7:05am On Dec 27, 2016
nice one
Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by drinkgarri: 7:08am On Dec 27, 2016
Naijatech guy from Mr wale's team, so you dey hear too
Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by Majesticniyi(m): 7:09am On Dec 27, 2016
PhonePlanet:

You have problem, I swear grin
Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by ebene4nija: 7:09am On Dec 27, 2016
hmmmm
Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by Histrings08(m): 7:14am On Dec 27, 2016
You're on point... U guys may not noticed Buh tz affecting so many people
Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 7:21am On Dec 27, 2016
Very true

Especially to kids on social media
Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 7:22am On Dec 27, 2016
Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by Nedu1982(f): 7:22am On Dec 27, 2016
Too many people leading fake lives now

2 Likes

Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by enemmo(f): 7:24am On Dec 27, 2016
I noticed some of these that's why I deleted my instagram account. Bye Felicia...

2 Likes

Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by bitrade: 7:26am On Dec 27, 2016
PhonePlanet:
you and this naijatechguy grin undecided
Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by tetula123(m): 7:28am On Dec 27, 2016
so true.. visiting my facebook is now a problem self.. cause all I see are my friends uploading pictures of a new car they bought... and I dey school dey hustle for A and b's ...na God get power sha

6 Likes

Re: 6 Ways Social Networks Are Ruining Your Life - Naijatechguy by oketoyinboshola(m): 7:28am On Dec 27, 2016
Seriously speaking, I'm guilty of number 7.but no regrets. I am learning a lot through social media. Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Checking Balance On Airtel Night Plan?? / How To Charge You Phone With Razorblade / Hands-on Review Of The Infinix Zero Camera, Memory, Battery And Screen With Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.