Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,842 members, 7,802,695 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

Japan Is Designing An ‘invisible Train’ That Will Be Fully Operational By 2018 - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Japan Is Designing An ‘invisible Train’ That Will Be Fully Operational By 2018 (523 Views)

Why Importing Cars To Australia From Japan Is Gaining Popularity? / Minibuses Direct From Japan At Very Reduced Prices / Checkout This Supposed Underwater Train, That Got Nigerians Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Japan Is Designing An ‘invisible Train’ That Will Be Fully Operational By 2018 by Spectraz: 9:20am On Dec 23, 2016
Wow! I can’t shout enough. These new innovations are making me go crazy. With time the world will soon look like the future Hollywood movies have been portraying for decades now.

Japan has been up and doing when it comes to Tech. I don’t think any country beats them in terms of Train manufacturing. Japanese trains with their speed and cleanliness have shown that it can be counted as the best in the world. If anyone’s going to be dreaming up the outlandish trains of the future, it’s Japan. It’s already mastered the levitating bullet train.Which has been ferrying its passengers across the country at speeds of up to 580km/hr.

For the past two years, and now Seibu Railway Co. wants to build a train that’s virtually invisible to onlookers.

One Japanese architect is trying to take them to the next level by making trains that are almost invisible. Japan plans to debut a semi-transparent train in 2018 that blends so well into the environment, you may not even see it coming.

According to Discovery, Kazuyo Sejima was recruited by Seibu Railway Co. to redesign the inside and outside of their Red Arrow commuter train that travels into Tokyo.

The architect Kazuyo Sejima from the Japanese firm Sanaa, who recently received a Pritzker Prize – the noble prize of architecture – the train won’t be completely invisible (obviously), but super-reflective. Basically, it blends into its surroundings by reflecting them off its pristine mirrored surfaces.

Sejima designed the train with mirrored surfaces that reflect its environment, like a chameleon. The design aims to be “soft” and “blend into the landscape.” The ‘invisible’ train celebrates Seibu Railway’s 100th anniversary.Expected to hit the tracks some time in 2018, the invisible express will cover over 178 km (111 miles) throughout Japan.

“The limited express travels in a variety of different sceneries, from the mountains of Chichibu to the middle of Tokyo, and I thought it would be good if the train could gently co-exist with this variety of scenery,” Sejima told the press last week.

Source: http://droidengage.com/japan-is-designing-an-invisible-train-will-be-out-by-2018/
Re: Japan Is Designing An ‘invisible Train’ That Will Be Fully Operational By 2018 by Spectraz: 5:22pm On Dec 18, 2017
It's almost 2018 I guess they should be done with it now. grin
I cant wait to see this technology
Re: Japan Is Designing An ‘invisible Train’ That Will Be Fully Operational By 2018 by idiagbo86(m): 5:33pm On Dec 18, 2017
Nah wah ooo.we dey wait nah.

(1) (Reply)

FOR SALE:- 2009 Hyundai Elantra Sedan **USA Direct** (fabric Interior, Automati / Super Clean Registered Toyota Corolla Sport - 2004 @ N1,750,000.00 / Benz Cclass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.