Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,799 members, 7,802,562 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

MTN Fires Amina Oyagbola Over Bribery To Buhari’s Chief Of Staff Abba Kyari - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Fires Amina Oyagbola Over Bribery To Buhari’s Chief Of Staff Abba Kyari (35612 Views)

"Apple Is Not Consumer Friendly" - Zuckerberg Fires Back At Apple's CEO Tim Cook / We Did Not Sack Oyagbola And We Paid No Bribe - MTN. / Amina Oyagbola, MTN Nigeria Top Exec Quits Mobile Phone Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Fires Amina Oyagbola Over Bribery To Buhari’s Chief Of Staff Abba Kyari by samkay3g(m): 5:09pm On Dec 23, 2016
South African telecom giant, MTN, has fired one of its top and most valuable staffers in order to avoid scrutiny by the United States government over bribes offered to Abba Kyari, Chief of Staff to President Muhammadu Buhari.
Shortly after helping to resolve a hefty fine imposed by the Nigerian government, Amina Oyagbola was so important to MTN that the company gave her two strategic positions. Her corporate elevation saw her combining leadership of the Human Resources department with the post of "Director of Strategic Communications" at MTN.
Ms. Oyagbola and her husband were instrumental in resolving MTN's serious problem with the Nigerian Presidency culminating in a massive $5.2 billion fine imposed on the company for ignoring the Nigerian government’s directive to ensure that all SIM cards were registered as a strategy to curb Boko Haram insurgency in Nigeria's northeast.
An insider within the company and other sources in Abuja told our correspondent that, once the fine was imposed, Ms. Oyagbola recruited a close friend, Femi Lijadu, to act as a consultant for “strategic advisory services.” In that capacity, Mr. Lijadu was a member of the team that negotiated with the Federal Government to reduce the fine to $1.7 billion. One of our sources said Ms. Oyagbola and Mr. Lijadu once worked with presidential Chief of Staff, Abba Kyari at the United Bank for Africa.
Once the fine was reduced to about a third of the original sum, Ms. Oyagbola’s corporate star seemed to soar. However, MTN last week told her to step down from one of her two corporate positions. A source at MTN claimed that Mrs. Oyagbola decided to resign.
However, another source within the company told Saharareporters that the once powerful corporate player was fired after MTN’s bribe scandal with Mr. Kyari came to the notice of the MTN's parent company in South Africa. The source added that the decision to relieve Ms. Oyagbola was taken in order to avoid the consequences of a global disgrace should US authorities ask questions related to the company’s reported offer of an undisclosed sum as bribe to Mr. Kyari before the senior presidential aide helped broker a deal that lowered the fine earlier imposed by the government.
source:http://saharareporters.com/2016/12/23/mtn-fires-amina-oyagbola-over-bribery-buhari’s-chief-staff-abba-kyari

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MTN Fires Amina Oyagbola Over Bribery To Buhari’s Chief Of Staff Abba Kyari by doctimonyeka(m): 5:50pm On Dec 23, 2016
Corruption has been a menace since God knows when... I weep for nigeria...

Lalasticla....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Fires Amina Oyagbola Over Bribery To Buhari’s Chief Of Staff Abba Kyari by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 6:01pm On Dec 23, 2016
U.S.A Government Scrutinising Corruption That Occured In Nigeria??

Na So U.S.A No Get Problem Reach??

I Am Not Understanding All Diz Corruption Issues At All

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: MTN Fires Amina Oyagbola Over Bribery To Buhari’s Chief Of Staff Abba Kyari by AntiWailer: 6:02pm On Dec 23, 2016
Waoo...

After all the months Buhari waited to assemble his teams.

He still assembled criminals and thieves. Nobody seems to have integrity any longer.

This is a very sad and hopeless situation.

That is why all corruption cases are messed up on technical ground since the people in charge of such cases are also criminals.

123 Likes 14 Shares

Re: MTN Fires Amina Oyagbola Over Bribery To Buhari’s Chief Of Staff Abba Kyari by madridguy(m): 6:02pm On Dec 23, 2016
Abba Kyari is a symbol of corruption no wonder he doesn't want the EFCC boss to be confirmed. Sai Baba we want justice.

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: MTN Fires Amina Oyagbola Over Bribery To Buhari’s Chief Of Staff Abba Kyari by MrMcJay(m): 6:02pm On Dec 23, 2016
I don't believe President Muhammadu Buhari is ignorant of what Abba Kyari, Babachir David Lawal and Mamman Daura have been dong. I believe he is complicit as he feels he owes these men more allegiance than the Millions of Nigerians who voted him in.

PMB is making the same mistake GEJ made. He is allowing those who have no electoral value block his popularity and political prospects. These men are not contesting elections and wish to suck as much as possible from PMB before he gets kicked out. This is the same way Asari, FFK, Diezani, Okupe, Edwin Clark and co ruined GEJ's chances in future elections.

I really hope PMB is smart enough to realize which load to carry and which load to drop.

118 Likes 10 Shares

Re: MTN Fires Amina Oyagbola Over Bribery To Buhari’s Chief Of Staff Abba Kyari by lomaxx: 6:02pm On Dec 23, 2016
NCAN, Akwa Ibom State Chapter checking.....

19 Likes

Re: MTN Fires Amina Oyagbola Over Bribery To Buhari’s Chief Of Staff Abba Kyari by holysainbj(m): 6:03pm On Dec 23, 2016
Oga Seun, MODs, pls censor d bad news that keeps coming to FP
its getting annoyingly out of hand. Thank you.
Re: MTN Fires Amina Oyagbola Over Bribery To Buhari’s Chief Of Staff Abba Kyari by mrmaze(m): 6:03pm On Dec 23, 2016
Corruption
Re: MTN Fires Amina Oyagbola Over Bribery To Buhari’s Chief Of Staff Abba Kyari by Yorubaangel(m): 6:03pm On Dec 23, 2016
But Kyari Is a saint now

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: MTN Fires Amina Oyagbola Over Bribery To Buhari’s Chief Of Staff Abba Kyari by Nobody: 6:03pm On Dec 23, 2016
And d man in aso rock is walking scot free. SMH

4 Likes

Re: MTN Fires Amina Oyagbola Over Bribery To Buhari’s Chief Of Staff Abba Kyari by DrChatNuff: 6:03pm On Dec 23, 2016
Im a Buhari supporter..but if this crook aint F I R E D...im done

4 Likes

Re: MTN Fires Amina Oyagbola Over Bribery To Buhari’s Chief Of Staff Abba Kyari by ninocia18(m): 6:03pm On Dec 23, 2016
Nawao... Well I don't blame them. I blame the Nigerian government. You can't treat your thing like rag and expect people to value it. The rate at which MTN insult and treat Nigerians as though we are nothing is alarming. The same government that fined them didn't even make sure they don't use dubious means to get the money back a hundredfold. Now, you will be on your own, your phone will just suscribe to one useless service or they will just activate a data plan you never planned to use. Corruption has indeed finished this land. But I know it will change one day. I look forward to it with great hope..... E go betta. Make I see wetin government go this matter.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Fires Amina Oyagbola Over Bribery To Buhari’s Chief Of Staff Abba Kyari by tahir01(m): 6:04pm On Dec 23, 2016
nothing much. just corruption.

1 Like

Re: MTN Fires Amina Oyagbola Over Bribery To Buhari’s Chief Of Staff Abba Kyari by myleadmsn: 6:04pm On Dec 23, 2016
Good step
Re: MTN Fires Amina Oyagbola Over Bribery To Buhari’s Chief Of Staff Abba Kyari by Qmerit(m): 6:05pm On Dec 23, 2016
lols the funny thing is that wait and see ow people of hypocrisy would hail MTN to high heaven and ignor the reporter SR, and lay curses on SR ow wish it report cases that is not favoring them and call it fake and stooge to some politicians. Naija, I am pride to be a Nigerian

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Fires Amina Oyagbola Over Bribery To Buhari’s Chief Of Staff Abba Kyari by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 23, 2016
#usedandDumped.
Would Buhari also fire kyari now that it's obvious he received bribe?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Fires Amina Oyagbola Over Bribery To Buhari’s Chief Of Staff Abba Kyari by seunpas: 6:05pm On Dec 23, 2016
Re: MTN Fires Amina Oyagbola Over Bribery To Buhari’s Chief Of Staff Abba Kyari by Rawshal(m): 6:05pm On Dec 23, 2016
Buhari Saint Appointeee....Lol
Re: MTN Fires Amina Oyagbola Over Bribery To Buhari’s Chief Of Staff Abba Kyari by Bigajeff(m): 6:05pm On Dec 23, 2016
fired!
Re: MTN Fires Amina Oyagbola Over Bribery To Buhari’s Chief Of Staff Abba Kyari by greenermodels: 6:05pm On Dec 23, 2016
she's just doing her job,what about kyari?

2 Likes

Re: MTN Fires Amina Oyagbola Over Bribery To Buhari’s Chief Of Staff Abba Kyari by TamedWolf90: 6:05pm On Dec 23, 2016
We don't know her here in Kuvuki!!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Fires Amina Oyagbola Over Bribery To Buhari’s Chief Of Staff Abba Kyari by Thisis2raw(m): 6:06pm On Dec 23, 2016
See one of the SAINT CHANGE Angels

1 Like

Re: MTN Fires Amina Oyagbola Over Bribery To Buhari’s Chief Of Staff Abba Kyari by WizBLANCE(m): 6:06pm On Dec 23, 2016
MTN SURPRISE PACKAGE... is this her December bounce? I fear MTN
Re: MTN Fires Amina Oyagbola Over Bribery To Buhari’s Chief Of Staff Abba Kyari by oxygen247(m): 6:06pm On Dec 23, 2016
I thought that all corruption started and ended with Jonathan ...

4 Likes

Re: MTN Fires Amina Oyagbola Over Bribery To Buhari’s Chief Of Staff Abba Kyari by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 6:06pm On Dec 23, 2016
What A Marvelous Saint Buhari Appointed After Six Months

3 Likes

Re: MTN Fires Amina Oyagbola Over Bribery To Buhari’s Chief Of Staff Abba Kyari by dahunsy(f): 6:06pm On Dec 23, 2016
Coughs....clears throat#........corruptions under baba bubu's nose...who is fooling who

2 Likes

Re: MTN Fires Amina Oyagbola Over Bribery To Buhari’s Chief Of Staff Abba Kyari by omojeesu(m): 6:07pm On Dec 23, 2016
Love of money. ... Slavery to mammon. ...
Re: MTN Fires Amina Oyagbola Over Bribery To Buhari’s Chief Of Staff Abba Kyari by hotshirt: 6:07pm On Dec 23, 2016
OK Buhari, do the needfull.
Re: MTN Fires Amina Oyagbola Over Bribery To Buhari’s Chief Of Staff Abba Kyari by EWAagoyin(m): 6:07pm On Dec 23, 2016
kyari....babachair......saraki.....ekweremandu....dalung.....dogara.....dino

those people above hmmm

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do You Cope When You Exhaust Your Data? / Tracking Of Stolen Phones In Computer Village / Checkout Out This 9ja Made Game(babalawo The first Chronicle) .....(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.