Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:57 AM

Cost Of Running A Blog - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Cost Of Running A Blog (10177 Views)

Total Cost In Creating A Blog / Mark Zuckerberg Shares Photos Of Him Running Around The World Including Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Running A Blog by Nobody: 7:59am On Dec 31, 2016
Today is the Last day Hurry and book your spot now
Are you interested in blogging? Cedarhostng wants to design your blog for you, for free and be a blog owner today all you need to qualify for this end of the year offer is to subscribe any hosting plan of your choice on www.cedarhostng.com to get started
We will implement Search Engine Optimization for your Blog and lots more..
This offers ends 31st December Hurry now and don't miss out...
Wish you a merry christmas and a prosperous new year....
For enquiries calk 08186219002,07011123518 or visit www.cedarhostng.com
Re: Cost Of Running A Blog by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:14am On Dec 31, 2016
Op bestspokes and gadgetsngs have answered your question.

If you like ,go and contact those that they will build blog for you for 5000naira,body go tell you!

If you want to become a SERIOUS blogger,budget nothing less than 100k to start up a blog with a good premium template,good SEO and good after sales service.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Running A Blog by Aywire(m): 8:22am On Dec 31, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

If you like ,go and contact those that they will build blog for you for 5000naira,body go tell you!

If you want to become a SERIOUS blogger,budget nothing less than 100k to start up a blog with a good premium template,good SEO and good after sales service.

loool, he has been warned. Even chinko iphone 7 is not #5000. Naij of today spent over #5m at start up, but today they have made triple that amount, and they are known and respected all over Nigeria. We are not saying you should go and take bank loan o, but at least what you have to start should be very reasonable for starting a normal business
Re: Cost Of Running A Blog by victorbemoh: 8:33am On Dec 31, 2016
supereagle:

Where did you get your information from? Blogger is optimised for adsense. Stop misleading people.
I'm not misleading anyone , you saying it's optimized for Adsense , you are correct , but it will take you months to get that (to be easily given , you need uncopywrited contents, traffic (visitors to website) and comments on blog post. Those Using blogger themes on their blog gets their Adsense from other people , there by sharing commission.
But there is only one and easy way to get Adsense with blogger themes Within a week .
Re: Cost Of Running A Blog by victorbemoh: 8:38am On Dec 31, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

Not true bro with 25k every thing is good to go
Re: Cost Of Running A Blog by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:54am On Dec 31, 2016
victorbemoh:

Not true bro with 25k every thing is good to go

With pirated templates ba.....Bravo!
Re: Cost Of Running A Blog by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:55am On Dec 31, 2016
Aywire:

loool, he has been warned. Even chinko iphone 7 is not #5000. Naij of today spent over #5m at start up, but today they have made triple that amount, and they are known and respected all over Nigeria. We are not saying you should go and take bank loan o, but at least what you have to start should be very reasonable for starting a normal business

This is what many people don't understand.. lol
Re: Cost Of Running A Blog by Dreamhigh2016(m): 9:11am On Dec 31, 2016
Woooow... This is good, I love this honestly... I do.
Error111:

IN CASE YOU NEED SOMEONE TO DESIGN A BLOG FOR YOU.

I can Install & design your blog for just #3,000 in 24 hours.

See examples from my recent projects:

www.nigeriaschoolsupdate..com

www.dailyschoolgist..com

www.mtechcity..com

www.vineck.com

www.asferuwa..com

www.rockstargist.com

www.inspirationgallore..com

And lots more

If you are interested in this service, kindly send an Whatsapp/SMS/Call to 07064272729 or email: owolabioluwaseun5912@gmail.com

Note:
The first 5 people to order for this service will be given a Facebook group with 5,000 members for free.
Re: Cost Of Running A Blog by Menaha(m): 9:19am On Dec 31, 2016
The cost of running a blog varies. It depends on the functionalities you want.
But these are the basic costs:

Domain name: $10 or below

Web Hosting: $30/yr or above

Blog Theme: $15 or above. The theme I use(almost a replica of eleven40 pro genesis theme) at my blog http://becometechie.com was built by myself so I did'nt spend a dime on blog theme. If you have the skill, you can build one yourself.

Note: the above dollar currency are for when dealing with foreign web companies. You can decide to go local But I prefer foreign.
Re: Cost Of Running A Blog by BerryAnny(m): 9:24am On Dec 31, 2016
Error111:

IN CASE YOU NEED SOMEONE TO DESIGN A BLOG FOR YOU.

I can Install & design your blog for just #3,000 in 24 hours.

See examples from my recent projects:

www.nigeriaschoolsupdate..com

www.dailyschoolgist..com

www.mtechcity..com

www.vineck.com

www.asferuwa..com

www.rockstargist.com

www.inspirationgallore..com

And lots more

If you are interested in this service, kindly send an Whatsapp/SMS/Call to 07064272729 or email: owolabioluwaseun5912@gmail.com

Note:
The first 5 people to order for this service will be given a Facebook group with 5,000 members for free.
Pls how can we contact each other bro. I want to learn web designs and use of cyber graphics.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Running A Blog by BerryAnny(m): 9:36am On Dec 31, 2016
The almighty blogging guru The Naija Techguy is d only one daht can answer ur question professionally.
Re: Cost Of Running A Blog by TiffanyJ(f): 9:44am On Dec 31, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

Oga, you seemed informed! How have you been?
Re: Cost Of Running A Blog by Doubleoo(m): 9:47am On Dec 31, 2016
The cost of running a blog is different from the cost of designing a blog.

Running a blog maybe costly if you want to take it as your full-time job. However, if you want to blog for fun and passion, you may be able to do it with little or no financial involvement.

For the blog design, i would recommend a clean magazine style theme on WordPress.

For a full-time blog, you'll need to consider the following things then look for ways of fulfilling them.

1. The competitiveness of your niche. If your niche is very competitive, you might need to budget more money to get some things done and rank well in search engine.

2. Your content strategy. You need a strong content marketing strategy in order to beat the competition and gain more audience. Ideally, you can decide to be the writer of your contents, but the stress might be just too much if your plan is to publish more articles very often.
So, you may need to spend money to hire a reputable content writer. This may be costly, depending on the genuineness of the said writer.

3. SEO. you need to understand the importance of SEO to your blog and how to achieve a better search engine ranking. If you are not skillful in this field, you might spend thousands of money without getting impressive result. So, you need to hire a competent individual or company to do your blog SEO. But then again, SEO is a continuous process and it must be employed in all your contents, links and blog design.

4. Bucks for ads. You may want to run adverts for your blog occasionally. This will cost you money but the amount you'll spend depends on your goals with the ads.

5. Blog maintenance. Your blog may run into a problem at any time and you'll need to fix it as quickly as possible. I hope you remember when Google deleted Linda ikeji's blog. She needed to do all she can do to bring it back on time, and this alone can cost you money. And Lastly,

6. Your time. Your time is money, and the value is based on how you calculate it. You need to spend good time building your blog to stand out among the thousands of blogs out there.

Need more professional consultation? Contact us at Ojasweb Digital Solution
We're a team of certified digital marketer and Google AdWords expert

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Running A Blog by Kazanchat(m): 10:04am On Dec 31, 2016
I can design a blog for U. design of Ur choice. html, css, php, mysqli & JavaScript are my field. Price is negotiatable.
I can also teach U how 2 design it ursef.
Re: Cost Of Running A Blog by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:15am On Dec 31, 2016
TiffanyJ:

Oga, you seemed informed! How have you been?

Lol I'm very informed,it's what I do for a living...I've been okay..You?

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Running A Blog by bestspoke: 10:16am On Dec 31, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

some people will still come back and argue that 10k - 25k is ok....leaving the op gasping to survive the blogsphere afterwards.

I don talk my own sha...
Re: Cost Of Running A Blog by Nobody: 10:17am On Dec 31, 2016
victorbemoh:

I'm not misleading anyone , you saying it's optimized for Adsense , you are correct , but it will take you months to get that (to be easily given , you need uncopywrited contents, traffic (visitors to website) and comments on blog post. Those Using blogger themes on their blog gets their Adsense from other people , there by sharing commission.
But there is only one and easy way to get Adsense with blogger themes Within a week

Chai, i keep wondering where you get these frivolous info from
Re: Cost Of Running A Blog by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:18am On Dec 31, 2016
bestspoke:

some people will still come back and argue that 10k - 25k is ok....leaving the op gasping to survive the blogsphere afterwards.

I don talk my own sha...

Abi o,it's left for the OP to decide.
Re: Cost Of Running A Blog by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 31, 2016
how come blogging costs this much or is it that some people want to charge so much for something that shouldnt be so expensive
Re: Cost Of Running A Blog by GoodyOG: 1:37pm On Dec 31, 2016
I STARTED BLOGGING LAST MONTH AND I WAS USING BLOGGER TEMPLATE,I DINT HAD ANY PROGRAMMING LESSONS OR HELP AND I MANAGE TO DESIGN THE THEME AM USING NOW.I HAVENT SPENT ANY DIME ON MY BLOG AM EVEN USING A SUB-DOMAIN AND I HAVE PAID UPTO $70 FROM DIFFERENT SOURCES SINCE I STARTED LAST MONTH.

ALL AM TRYING IS THE COST OF STARTING A BLOG DEPENDS ON YOU IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING.I EVEN SAW SOMEONE SAYING #100K.WELL IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE PERSON.RESEARCH,ASK QUESTIONS AND EXECUTE...
HERE IS THE BLOG
www.goodiestechs.tk

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Running A Blog by weblord1900: 1:47pm On Dec 31, 2016
Blog designing is my hobby
www.gurusbus.com
Re: Cost Of Running A Blog by abila122: 3:48pm On Dec 31, 2016
BerryAnny:

Pls how can we contact each other bro. I want to learn web designs and use of cyber graphics.

You can learn web design on this blog [url=webtutorial.com.ng]Web tutorial[/url] for free
Re: Cost Of Running A Blog by OBALORLA(m): 4:52pm On Dec 31, 2016
when we talk cost, it varies- depending on your choice niche.

but the general cost applicable to any and every niche include:

1. money:
-say around 20k for hosting and purchasing domain including few plugins for the period of one year.
-set aside at least 3k for Internet subscription
- an Android phone, a PC and of course a note book.

2. time
- time to write
- time to reaching out to ur audience.
- time to read, read and read!

I own www.nomadicnegro.com

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Running A Blog by victorbemoh: 6:34pm On Dec 31, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

Nothing like pirated template, visit www.kopatheme.com to see their varieties of template
Re: Cost Of Running A Blog by victorbemoh: 6:34pm On Dec 31, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

Nothing like pirated template, visit www.kopatheme.com to see their varieties of template
Re: Cost Of Running A Blog by Ehimen100: 8:08pm On Dec 31, 2016
It depends on what you want to do with your blog, blogger is free, I don't know about WordPress but I hear they have some free blog services too, so you won't need to pay for that. Though if you want something unique and customized then you will need to design it specially and pay. if you use the dot extension on blogger then that's free, but if you want your own domain name you will need to pay for that as well.

I got my domain name for 4,600, I use blogger and I budget 5,000 on data monthly. that's all for now. I believe you can start from here too. What you need at the start is to focus on quality content and start small.

You don't necessarily need to start off with paid advertising for your blog, why not build content and understand your niche first. That's my blog link under, at least you can compare it to the amount I use to set it up. It's an architecture blog.

www.archccess.com

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Running A Blog by Aywire(m): 9:18pm On Dec 31, 2016
Perfecttouch:
how much will u design a forum with hosting and Adsense ?and how many days will it take u?

pm me
Re: Cost Of Running A Blog by easiblogger: 4:15pm On Jan 01, 2017
PM ME FOR YOUR AFFORDABLE WEB DESIGN
08133014066(WHATAPP)
Re: Cost Of Running A Blog by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 15, 2017
Ehimen100:
It depends on what you want to do with your blog, blogger is free, I don't know about WordPress but I hear they have some free blog services too, so you won't need to pay for that. Though if you want something unique and customized then you will need to design it specially and pay. if you use the dot extension on blogger then that's free, but if you want your own domain name you will need to pay for that as well.

I got my domain name for 4,600, I use blogger and I budget 5,000 on data monthly. that's all for now. I believe you can start from here too. What you need at the start is to focus on quality content and start small.

You don't necessarily need to start off with paid advertising for your blog, why not build content and understand your niche first. That's my blog link under, at least you can compare it to the amount I use to set it up. It's an architecture blog.

www.archccess.com

Can you be of help to me in setting up one? I want to start blogging as well.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Help, How Best Can I Advertise My Blog And Make My Money Back From Adsens / 13 Sure Google Adsense Approval Tricks For Bloggers In 2017 / Lets Talk About How Blogging Can Help Solve Nigeria Unemployment.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.