Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,746 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

Nigerian Policemen Have Done It Again - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Policemen Have Done It Again (1582 Views)

“policemen Have Stormed My Residence” – Dino Melaye / Armed Policemen Surrounding Dino Melaye's Home In Abuja (Photos) / Policemen, MOPOL Search Danjuma La’ah's House In Kaduna (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Policemen Have Done It Again by keyremotes(m): 11:39pm On Dec 23, 2016
A LOST NATION

Please this is a very true story.
People, please appreciate God for me! Its a long piece though, be patient with me pls.

I had forgotten what the term 'faced with death' really meant until early hours of this morning(21/12/16). I work with the state HMB and also run a private medical center. Yesterday I admitted a patient at the government hospital who had epistaxis during my clinic hours and I handed him over to the senior medical officer on call for observation. I had packed the bleeding nostrils with adrenalin impregnated gauze and the bleeding stopped. At about 12am the medical officer on call called to say that he was checking on the patient and decided to remove the gauze to examine patient and that was it! Patient just started bleeding profusely and within minutes had lost over 2 liters and was gasping for breath, PP: was 120bpm, RR: was 30cpm. Normal saline was used, no oxygen in general hospital, no blood to transfuse because the lab was closed. I was called at about 2am to come along with an oxygen cylinder and two blood bags since Orh negative blood donors were available. Up from the bed I got, pleaded with my hobby to please let me go save a life(little did I know that a great danger was ahead). Driving down to my private practice with my double traffic light on, I met a police check point. I was flashed to a halt and the following conversation ensued:

Police: madam where u dey go this kin time?
Me:I be doctor I get emergency for hospital.
Police: ( now upset ) Emergency! Emergency! Na so so emergency doctors dey talk, na emergency we wan chop?
Me: Oga police, I beg the patient dey die and time they go.
Police: stay there, u never ready to move, me I no get bed to sleep? I go kon dey here for nothing?
Me: (furious, as time was ticking away) Na me give u work? Dey no dey pay u? Police: (looking through my car window piercingly as if searching for something) aha,wetin that knife they do there? (A pen knife I used to slice some oranges earlier in the day) OK! I don catch u, u go explain this knife and this movement for this unholy hour. Kraa! he cocked his gun and pointed straight at me,
Police: Come down! I say come down!
Me: (now praying silently in tongues as i saw he was dead serious) Oga, u want shoot me? For what now? I be armed robber?
Police: if I kill u now throw away who go find u?
Me: (my heart beat racing.) Oga police u wan shoot me? U can't kill me, God forbid, I can't die like a chicken.
Police: U don die already, emergency my foot, in ur next life wen u see police u go respect. (shot into air twice then pointed the gun at me).

At this point another car came by and while the police was talking with the driver, my phone rang. It was the doctor calling having waited for too long. As fast as my fingers could move I picked the call and thank heavens it mysteriously entered in to hands free mode, before the doctor could speak, quickly and faster than a football commentator, I began "I'm at so and so place, the police here wants to kill me because I didn't give them money."

I went on and on because I actually wanted the police man to know that I've informed someone about the incidence before he kills me. He lets the other car quickly go and turning to me, opens my door and forcefully pulls me out of the car, drags me to the back of their police van and up into the vehicle (at this point I realized there were four other police officers at the scene.) Off they drove.

Me: where are u taking me to? (There was dead silence) meanwhile I noticed a vehicle come out from a corner and followed us from a distance (I realized it was the car that earlier came by while we were at the check point).
Police: (as soon as they realized the car was monitoring us...) Driver, stop! ( talking to the police van driver) they alighted and flashed the vehicle down as he got close. they ordered him out of his car,
Police: Na u wan give evidence of waiting u no see abi?
One police shouted, "Fire him."
I mustered courage and spoke, "Sir, don't even bother to shoot, you heard me make a call, I've told them that you threatened to kill me for refusing you bribe, so that you can't cover up what is already exposed."

That realisation got them thinking and the next thing they started beating up the officer that has been with me for allowing me make calls, calling him names. At this point the other driver turned and drove off, they chased him. On getting to the check point where i met them before, surprisingly my car wasn't there! (I left the car key on the ignition before they took me away). Probably an opportunist has decided to take advantage of the situation and stole the car. This made them have a rethink,Who must have taken this car away? Are we being trailed?

That was how I was released and I found my way back home. By this morning I was told that my patient gave up, I have lodged a report at the police station with the commissioner of police and they are looking into it. My car is nowhere to be found.

The lesson: If you meet a
Nigerian police officer in a lonely place please, please cooperate, I mean cooperate, because they can be more dangerous than armed robbers. Were it not for God's intervention I really do not know what would have become of me by now.

~ A doctor's harrowing ordeal

2 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerian Policemen Have Done It Again by Nobody: 11:51pm On Dec 23, 2016
Very pathetic story. Sometimes Nigerian policemen are even worse than robbers. At least with robbers you know if you give them what they want there is a chance they'd let you live. Even if you pay the policemen, they can still shoot you and call it accidental discharge. undecided

A pity the patient lost his/her life because of the messed up system we have here. A general hospital without oxygen and blood because lab was closed. Incredible. shocked. So what if an accident happens in the middle of the night and the victims are rushed to the general hospital? Chances of them surviving would be slim.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Policemen Have Done It Again by stobery(m): 12:03am On Dec 24, 2016
God is the only security we have in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Policemen Have Done It Again by mykeljosef: 12:05am On Dec 24, 2016
police....cant just trust em

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Policemen Have Done It Again by MONITZ: 12:22am On Dec 24, 2016
Bunch of nitwits and never do wells, always in black mourning all days of their lives. If they re not reeking of alcohol, then it would be hemp,cigarettes or tobacco.

No wonder they ve an aura of sorrow, dejection and suffering all around them, no matter the amount of money given to them, they still look sick and hungry..... Armed robbers!

To see and understand wat I mean, just take an observation of a policeman's rank with other forces' corresponding ranks then u will understand, that of other forces always look sharp, neat and well taken care of bt not so with the men in black....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Policemen Have Done It Again by iluvdonjazzy: 12:40am On Dec 24, 2016
not all policemen are bad, we have a fine ones too, but majority are bad
Re: Nigerian Policemen Have Done It Again by cjrane: 12:42am On Dec 24, 2016
Nigerian police are a bunch of criminals.

The worst part is the even the so called police commissioner will do absolutely nothing about these bad boys in uniform.

may God save nigerians from these armed men in uniform.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Policemen Have Done It Again by Souljaboi1: 12:50am On Dec 24, 2016
This is quite sad. I can't even begin to imagine the trauma the woman had gone through.

The bad eggs within the NP tend to render the efforts of the good ones futile. From SARS robbing people to cases of night patrol killing citizens; the hope of the masses have become their number one enemy.

We ask our Lord for peace and safety...
Re: Nigerian Policemen Have Done It Again by tit(f): 1:12am On Dec 24, 2016
what town (in the zoo) did this happen in?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Policemen Have Done It Again by Nutase: 6:05am On Dec 24, 2016
shocked cry
Re: Nigerian Policemen Have Done It Again by Gerrard59(m): 8:55am On Dec 25, 2016
After NEPA or PHCN (whatever their name is), the Nigerian Police is the worst public organisation.

Honestly, you were just lucky.

Look at the hospital case sef, and someone says Nigeria will be great again? grin
Re: Nigerian Policemen Have Done It Again by SillyMods: 9:06am On Dec 25, 2016
It appears the only way to pass through these "murderers" at check points is to give them the respect they don't deserve at all times.

It has long been my practice when approaching a police check to hail them before they even ask any question. I normally say "my oga, una well done o" before they ask "anything for us?".

Most of them are hopeless and they don't mind killing others' hope.
Re: Nigerian Policemen Have Done It Again by Noneroone(m): 12:30pm On Dec 25, 2016
Congrats Doctor and happy survival

those policemen told you the truth. Nothing would've happened if they had pulled the trigger on you 'cos they know the country is lawless. Some pple even clap for them when they shoot innocent pple.

I bet your complaint will end up in the trash can. The country is not called zoo for nothing. Those who are paid to enforce law and save life end up causing lawlessness and taking pple' life with ease.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Policemen Have Done It Again by Yujin(m): 1:29pm On Dec 25, 2016
Just back from a lengthy ban by mynd44. The ban stopped nothing. As it stands now, the evil contraption is on life support and would soon cave in. This thread confirms the dire situation at present in your darling Nigeria. Pray you don't become a victim of the malfunctioning cesspit you so love to remain.
To Op, thank God for your life as well as your courage. Your ability to still speak even in the face of certain danger contributed to your survival. At that point your freedom was more important than your material possession(car). This is the reality of the present Nigeria. Those men who cheer the killers of armless protesters should continue. Your turn will soon come. Victory to the lovers of freedom.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Policemen Have Done It Again by BeClever: 1:50pm On Dec 25, 2016
Nigeria is a Zoo - Nnamdi Kanu

Just don't give up.. Sue thembto court as soon as Wednesday..

Consult a layer for advice and don't just depend on their criminal Oga Commissioner oh..

They are Oga because they have mastered the act of case bungling perfectly well..

If you want real results and reprieves... Court is your friend!

Congratulations for surviving. ..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Policemen Have Done It Again by EternalTruths: 2:00pm On Dec 25, 2016
Yujin:
Just back from a lengthy ban by mynd44. The ban stopped nothing. As it stands now, the evil contraption is on life support and would soon cave in. This thread confirms the dire situation at present in your darling Nigeria. Pray you don't become a victim of the malfunctioning cesspit you so love to remain.
To Op, thank God for your life as well as your courage. Your ability to still speak even in the face of certain danger contributed to your survival. At that point your freedom was more important than your material possession(car). This is the reality of the present Nigeria. Those men who cheer the killers of armless protesters should continue. Your turn will soon come. Victory to the lovers of freedom.

Merry Christmas

How South

Hope you don return
Re: Nigerian Policemen Have Done It Again by EternalTruths: 2:01pm On Dec 25, 2016
Nnamdi Kanu is right

Nigeria is a zoo angry

See how they for waste Doctor angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Policemen Have Done It Again by Yujin(m): 1:25am On Dec 27, 2016
EternalTruths:

Merry Christmas

How South

Hope you don return
Not yet bro. I'm a man of Issachar. I hope you're cool. Our plans are going as envisaged. I can smell the air of victory.
Re: Nigerian Policemen Have Done It Again by darknetcom: 1:38am On Dec 27, 2016
op...sharrap...go preach in a church and stop wasting our time and data on nairaland...
Re: Nigerian Policemen Have Done It Again by Boleyndynasty2(f): 3:20am On Dec 27, 2016
This is what happens when you give guns and little power to unstable psychopaths, the Nigerian Police needs to wipe out all the sick men and women dey employed and start a new process. First, making sure the new recruits are sound in reasoning, mentally, physically, emotionally and otherwise. NP has killed more people than armed robbers.

Thank God for your life
Re: Nigerian Policemen Have Done It Again by Yujin(m): 6:20am On Dec 27, 2016
EternalTruths:

Merry Christmas

How South

Hope you don return
Not yet bro. I'm a man of Issachar. I hope you're cool. Our plans are going as envisaged. I can smell the air of victory.
Re: Nigerian Policemen Have Done It Again by Yujin(m): 6:21am On Dec 27, 2016
EternalTruths:

Merry Christmas
How South
Hope you don return
Not yet bro. I'm a man of Issachar. I hope you're cool.
Re: Nigerian Policemen Have Done It Again by sinkhole: 6:52am On Dec 27, 2016
@seun, @ Mynd44, @OAM4J, @lala, please for heaven's sake, this is a front page material!
@keyremotes, we need some more information on this: where exactly did this happen, as in, the city, town or village. More description of the checkpoint is needed!

(1) (Reply)

Even Though I Am Short Below Standard,i'm Nw A Soldier,man Gives Testimony Today / President Buhari Is Now A Human Skeleton, He Should Be Impeach / Trump Approves The Sale Of 12 A-29 Helicopters To Buhari (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.