Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,104 members, 7,807,332 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:23 PM

Police Arrested 200 Lasu Student Over Riot - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Police Arrested 200 Lasu Student Over Riot (2950 Views)

Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba Akoko, (AAUA) Ondo State Shut Down Over Riot / Final Year LASU Student Killed In An Accident Caused By Stray Cow. / Lautech Crisis Deepens ,sug Leader Suspended Over Riot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrested 200 Lasu Student Over Riot by luvola(m): 8:21am On Nov 18, 2009
fashola is a failure

The police in Lagos on Tuesday arrested about 200 students of the Lagos State University, Ojo, for organising a street protest.

A large number of the students had on Tuesday barricaded Ikorodu road, protesting the continued closure of the institution.

The protest, which brought traffic on the expressway to a standstill, lasted for about three hours.

The students had converged on Ojuelegba in the early hours of the day before moving to Onipanu and Maryland areas, in continuation of the protest.

The students after lodging their complaint at Channels Television in Maryland and some other media houses proceeded to the Governor’s Office in Alausa, to formally lay their grievances before Governor Babatunde Fashola.

The students, who chanted anti-LASU songs, carried various placards with inscriptions such as, “Eko ti baje,” “Education is our right,” “LASU must rise again,” “Emergency in LASU.”

A detachment of police men from Alade Division in Onipanu, led by a superintendent, monitored the protest, to ensure thatit was not hijacked by hoodlums.

The police rode in a Hilux patrol van with registration No. BU 280 AKD.

The Vice-President of the students’ union, Mr. Taiwo Oluwafemi, who led the protest, demanded the immediate re-opening of the institution.

He said, “We have been at home for six months and the Lagos State Government is not paying attention to the crisis.

“We are tired of staying at home; many of our female colleagues are now pregnant.

“We want to complete our examinations so that final year students can go for the national youth service early next year.”

Oluwafemi expressed worry that the outcome of a public hearing on the LASU crisis by the House of Assembly held over a month ago had not been made public.

He said, “We are not saying that the government should sack the vice-chancellor but all we want is the reopening of the school.”

A lecturer, who declined to be named, said the students took to the streets because of the state government’s insensitivity.

He said, “The students are doing this becausethe government has decided to plasy on their patience.

The lecturer wondered why Fashola had not spoken up on the situation in LASU, even though the Federal Government had resolved the crisis in public universities.

The deputy spokesman of the state police command, Mr. Chris Nwaolai, confirmed that some students were arrested during th protest.

He said, “Yes, some of them were arrested but I don’t know their number now. But those arrested have been released after they were made to sign an undertaking to be of good behaviour.”

http://www.punchng.com/Article2print.aspx?theartic=Art200911184201525
Re: Police Arrested 200 Lasu Student Over Riot by foyeks2001(f): 12:56pm On Nov 18, 2009
luvola:

fashola is a failure

who sent u to do this? anyway nigerians knows that he is the best Governor Nigeria can boost of as at today,
Fashola is trying and am very sure he is gonna do sumtin fast about this because he is a listening Governor
UP FASHOLA,
Re: Police Arrested 200 Lasu Student Over Riot by swiss16: 1:41pm On Nov 18, 2009
they are right because i want to graduate by 2010, pls tel them re-open
Re: Police Arrested 200 Lasu Student Over Riot by swiss16: 1:43pm On Nov 18, 2009
i mean they shld pls re-open, and as a governor he shld do something about it
Re: Police Arrested 200 Lasu Student Over Riot by tboy1(m): 1:48pm On Nov 18, 2009
luvola:

He said, “We have been at home for six months and the Lagos State Government is not paying attention to the crisis.
“We are tired of staying at home; many of our female colleagues are now pregnant.
“We want to complete our examinations so that final year students can go for the national youth service early next year.”

Im sorry but dis was funny cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Police Arrested 200 Lasu Student Over Riot by luvola(m): 1:49pm On Nov 18, 2009
this crisis started late june and dey haven't solve it. a public hearing was held 4wks ago and d house gave 2wks for dem to giv d verdit ,but dey all remain silent. this is d 6th month of this crisis meaning dat dey dont hav sympaty for d stu. fashola has fail d stu .period
Re: Police Arrested 200 Lasu Student Over Riot by luvola(m): 2:04pm On Nov 18, 2009
up till this hour,dey haven't spoken, at least 50 fully armed mopol with armoured tank ar in lasu right now, d sug vows to continue d fight
Re: Police Arrested 200 Lasu Student Over Riot by saydfact(m): 2:16pm On Nov 18, 2009
luvola:

We are tired of staying at home; many of our female colleagues are now pregnant.

so "strike" now has man-hood to im-pregnant them abi??
Re: Police Arrested 200 Lasu Student Over Riot by Ournaija: 2:18pm On Nov 18, 2009
luvola:

fashola is a failure

I wonder if you understand the word 'failure'
Re: Police Arrested 200 Lasu Student Over Riot by Carlosein(m): 2:32pm On Nov 18, 2009
is this not the same lasu where they put 'juju' on the vc's door? undecided undecided
Re: Police Arrested 200 Lasu Student Over Riot by Nezan(m): 3:14pm On Nov 18, 2009
^^^^ I wonder what is happening in that school . . . Fashola? are you there?
Re: Police Arrested 200 Lasu Student Over Riot by luvola(m): 3:18pm On Nov 18, 2009
@ qur - y is d governor remain silent and allow this crises to worsen ? at least e shud knw wht to do . as far as am concern,e has failed d stu of lasu.
Re: Police Arrested 200 Lasu Student Over Riot by luvola(m): 3:19pm On Nov 18, 2009
@ qur - y is d governor remain silent and allow this crises to worsen ? at least e shud knw wht to do . as far as am concern,e has failed d stu of lasu.
Re: Police Arrested 200 Lasu Student Over Riot by luvola(m): 3:31pm On Nov 18, 2009
sixth month old crisis and d governor remain dumb ,so d student has to tak der destiny into der own hand. other sch had already finish der exam ,so u want d stu to remain dumb as d governor ? @ qur
Re: Police Arrested 200 Lasu Student Over Riot by FBS: 3:41pm On Nov 18, 2009
God pls help us.
Re: Police Arrested 200 Lasu Student Over Riot by nethacker(m): 3:54pm On Nov 18, 2009
luvola:

sixth month old crisis and d governor remain dumb ,so d student has to tak der destiny into der own hand. other sch had already finish der exam ,so u want d stu to remain dumb as d governor ? @ qur
Will u shut up!!!!!!!!!! angry and look for something else to say angry even d blind can see dat d governor has tried
Re: Police Arrested 200 Lasu Student Over Riot by luvola(m): 4:05pm On Nov 18, 2009
@ nethacker - i wouldnt shut because d dumb governor is playing wit over 70,000 students both full/part time , 6months strike is unbearable and sug cant remain silent and allow some entity to play wit der future,
Re: Police Arrested 200 Lasu Student Over Riot by luvola(m): 4:05pm On Nov 18, 2009
@ nethacker - i wouldnt shut because d dumb governor is playing wit over 70,000 students both full/part time , 6months strike is unbearable and sug cant remain silent and allow some entity to play wit der future,
Re: Police Arrested 200 Lasu Student Over Riot by Ezenwenyi(m): 5:59pm On Nov 18, 2009
the same thing happened in Enugu state on Monday when Esut students decided to storm the government house with their four days old peaceful demonstration,but on their way to the Enugu state government house military men started shutting tear gas which provoked the peaceful anger of the students,so the students became violent, they entered the city and was scattering properties ,cars and even blocking some major roads in enugu city singing " No more VC , no more Surllivan just like no more sorrow no more weeping. They were burning tyres and were bringing down surllivan's poster.After one hour some military men came again this time around with a bus and started shutting their guns.at the end of the day,some students were arrested and were taken way.about 50 student were arrested.May God help this nation.
Re: Police Arrested 200 Lasu Student Over Riot by foyeks2001(f): 6:01pm On Nov 18, 2009
luvola:

then u will have to go and carry your placard to Alausa, go Fashola for 2011, Eko oo ni baje oo
Re: Police Arrested 200 Lasu Student Over Riot by luvola(m): 6:22pm On Nov 18, 2009
d student protested in alausa ystrday
Re: Police Arrested 200 Lasu Student Over Riot by kaytues(m): 7:38pm On Nov 18, 2009
My governor should do something very fast, though he's really ding better for we Lagosians and evrybody, but he must do something so very fast, Thank you
Re: Police Arrested 200 Lasu Student Over Riot by ovo4u(m): 10:05pm On Nov 18, 2009
He better do something, and good governance is not all about building only road's and planting flower's,Education is the number thing everyone should honour, even the government so if those student have being home for long,that to say he is sleeping better wake up from the side of planting flower's and just constructing some road's.

To me i would accredit any Governor which take education as first priority and put a stand by light and security for it's citizen, they should send all those useless Nigeria police to school and teach them how to handle a citizen of a country and not to harass them all the time of their right, and who the hell even dey give military self to dey shut gun any how? i hate my Country so much, so many bad things need to be work on,A military man supposed not to even come out of it's camp with gun's talkless of shutting and killing innocent citizen's cry cry cry, God which kind country be this? cry cry cry cry Military i know here are always going to different school,learning how to protect their citizen in case of war front. and i have never see any here, like i have see in my Country Nigeria, Oh God how would the country even work out with this kind of Gun's children see on the street and even use to rape our girl's in the name of late night movement.

When a citizen of a country can not fight for their right, is this Democracy for those when dey say fashola do this e do that? all those police when arrest do people suppose to be jail and lose their Job, Education is not something to play with at all, why would someone be protesting for his future career to work out,even when me and you know that there are so many that would graduate and still have no JOb. cry cry cry

I am so mad to see Student suffering while they are supposed to be those that would be encourage to better the nation tomorrow, , i really know what this guys are going through,because i was there also in Delta state University and i know the way thing's are in Nigeria, i am so sad and truly feel like crying, My brother's and sister what are we going to do to make our green passport great? the country is a joke to so many people in the advanced world. embarassed embarassed
Re: Police Arrested 200 Lasu Student Over Riot by Dclique(m): 10:21pm On Nov 18, 2009
So where does all this put the prospective students.
Re: Police Arrested 200 Lasu Student Over Riot by echobee(f): 10:47pm On Nov 18, 2009
pls help us beg governor FASHOLA. i don dey turn to olodo 4 house
Re: Police Arrested 200 Lasu Student Over Riot by luvola(m): 11:01pm On Nov 18, 2009
an xclusive info reveal dat fashola has close down lasu and dat d crises wouldn't be solved until feb 2010 when d lagos house of assembly must hav reduce. alot of stu ar regreting y dey ar lasuite
Re: Police Arrested 200 Lasu Student Over Riot by luvola(m): 11:03pm On Nov 18, 2009
an xclusive info reveal dat fashola has close down lasu and dat d crises wouldn't be solved until feb 2010 when d lagos house of assembly must hav resume frm der recess. alot of stu ar regreting y dey ar lasuite
Re: Police Arrested 200 Lasu Student Over Riot by luvola(m): 11:04pm On Nov 18, 2009
an xclusive info reveal dat fashola has close down lasu and dat d crises wouldn't be solved until feb 2010 when d lagos house of assembly must hav resume frm der recess. alot of stu ar regreting y dey ar lasuite
Re: Police Arrested 200 Lasu Student Over Riot by ikefor(m): 8:30am On Nov 19, 2009
survey too long bros but ive filled it sha
Re: Police Arrested 200 Lasu Student Over Riot by Abeskey: 8:55am On Nov 19, 2009
Sincerely,Calling him an entire failure might not be substatiated but saying that he failed on this particular issue might not be an overstatement.Considering the place and impact of education in the development of our society , then one can say that educational crisis are issues of state and national emergency.
It is totally unacceptable and unimaginable that educational crisis will be allowed to linger for this long.I dont think he will wait this long if the state house is on fire.
This clearly demonstrates the levity with which the future of this country is being handled.God will help us out.
Re: Police Arrested 200 Lasu Student Over Riot by WafiJoe(m): 9:07am On Nov 19, 2009
@shopping

you are suppose to be banned from posting
Re: Police Arrested 200 Lasu Student Over Riot by bizbone(f): 12:14pm On Nov 19, 2009
@ post (We are tired of staying at home; many of our female colleagues are now pregnant).
if after 6 month of closue and most girls female in lasu are pregnant i wonder what will happen if it's closed for 1year?
grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

BOOK REVIEW: Leadership: Theory And Practice (6TH Ed.) - Northouse, Peter Guy / Study in india, Cheap Admission and Reasons To Study In India.... Real Fact. / Which One Is More Correct Between These Two Sentences?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.