Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,120 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

Customers Decry Poor ATM Services - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Customers Decry Poor ATM Services (10569 Views)

Eid-el-fitr: Bank Customers Decry Poor Network, Insufficient Funds In Atms / Which Bank Has The Worst ATM Services / ‘the New Market Is Too Far’ – Mainlanders Decry Location Of New Mile 12 Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by RoyalMail: 7:52am On Dec 24, 2016
Commercial bank customers on Friday decried lack of money in many Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) within the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

A News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) correspondent, who visited some banks in the city, also observed long queues in most of the banks.Some of the banks visited were: United Bank for Africa (UBA), First Bank of Nigeria Plc (FBN), Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB), Area 3; Ecobank, Gwarinpa and Zenith Bank in Dutse.

Other banks visited were: Diamond Bank, Stanbic IBTC, Sterling Bank, First City Monument Bank and Access Bank, all in Garki.

A customer at the First Bank, Area 3, Mrs Esther Uche, said she had been waiting under the sun for more than 20 minutes and had not been able to withdraw her money.

Uche said, “The bank management is aware of the usual chaos during every festivity and ought to have made adequate provision, especially regarding availability of funds in ATMs.’’

A customer at the GTB, Mr Gabriel Okwoche, said that it was unfortunate that the banks had not been meeting customers’ demands.

Okwoche said he did not expect the queue at the bank, as many Nigerians were complaining the economy was bad and no money in circulation.

At the UBA, a customer, Miss Joy Edoh, told NAN that she had been to about four banks’ ATMS in Garki; and that there was no money in the machines.

Edoh said at the Access Bank in Garki, she and other customers waited for 30minutes and when it got to her turn, the machine stopped dispensing cash.

“I am happy that the UBA ATMs are all working and I am sure to get money in the next five minutes,’’ she said.

At the Union Bank, it was observed that no customer was seen at the ATM, as it was not dispensing cash.

Meanwhile, a visit to Diamond Bank, showed that many customers were seen in the banking hall and there was a long queue of customers at the ATM.

NAN reports that there were long queues at the Ecobank ATM in Gwarinpa, with some already frustrated customers leaving the bank premises.

A customer, Mr John Johnson, said the management of the various banks and CBN should do something about the queues at the banks.

“Today is 23 and we have all the remaining days of the holiday to contend with and we are already experiencing insufficient funds.’’

“I wonder what we will face during the holidays. I implore the management of all the banks to ensure that the ATMs are loaded with cash.

“If this is not done, customers are bound to suffer during this Christmas celebration,’’ Johnson said.

Another customer at Ecobank, Mr Emmanuel Adejo, said he was at the bank’s head office in Wuse 2 but could not withdraw.

According to Adejo, a bank official said the bank had insufficient funds as CBN did not release money to the bank.

A customer at Zenith Bank in Dutse, Miss Talatu Abraham, said she was impressed that most ATMs at the bank were dispensing cash.

Abraham said that the bank was the only bank within the Dutse Alhaji axis and was always crowded due to that fact (dispensing).

She commended the bank for ensuring most if its ATMs were dispensing money to customers.

NAN reports that most officials of banks asked about efforts being made to ensure sufficient funds for customers during the festivity refused to comment.

Source:
http://www.ajayiwrites.com/2016/12/customers-decry-poor-atm-services.html

Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by RoyalMail: 7:52am On Dec 24, 2016
Banks have gone on reccession

Read exclusive here..

http://www.ajayiwrites.com/2016/12/customers-decry-poor-atm-services.html
Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by otokx(m): 7:53am On Dec 24, 2016
Come to PH where we queue for at least 2 days.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by RoyalMail: 7:58am On Dec 24, 2016
otokx:

2 days nkwa? Na wa ooo

9 Likes

Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by Kondomatic(m): 8:00am On Dec 24, 2016
Nigeria Banks Now Call MMM For Advise

35 Likes

Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by nairaman66(m): 8:03am On Dec 24, 2016
Zombies blame MMM... Nigerian Banks are gradually folding up!

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by Goldenheart(m): 8:03am On Dec 24, 2016
angry

1 Like

Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by weedtheweeds: 8:03am On Dec 24, 2016
Can you help, please? I know this might be derailing but i need help.
I recently purchased a land in Enugu state, what documents must i secure? I was told to get an OC document which should be signed by the governor. How true or necessary is that? Please help out
Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by candidbabe(f): 8:03am On Dec 24, 2016
Banks have crash

4 Likes

Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by Originality007: 8:03am On Dec 24, 2016
ATMs has Crash

1 Like

Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by Goldenheart(m): 8:04am On Dec 24, 2016
otokx:

I Don witness that one tire

8 Likes

Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by Shortyy(f): 8:04am On Dec 24, 2016
This is serious..
Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by nairaman66(m): 8:04am On Dec 24, 2016
weedtheweeds:
B

Weed in progress!
Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by urCreator(m): 8:04am On Dec 24, 2016

1 Like

Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by KingRex1(m): 8:04am On Dec 24, 2016
Mavrodi saw this coming grin

23 Likes

Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by sainty2k3(m): 8:04am On Dec 24, 2016
There is no money in circulation. Buy with ur card, transfer funds etc. It is well with Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by AntiWailer: 8:05am On Dec 24, 2016
The best thing is to avoid cash as much as possible.

Queue in front of atm is crazy.

Options.

1. Transfer to beneficiary.

2. Use POS when you have the opportunity. Eatery, filling station etc.

3. Buy airtime with USSD. *707, *909 etc

4. Pay you bills with mobile app or USSD.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by kstyle2(m): 8:05am On Dec 24, 2016
It's been a total freak show here in PH. The crowd at ATM's are more than those at crusade grounds

14 Likes

Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by chrisBenSunny: 8:06am On Dec 24, 2016
MMM for real

20 Likes

Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by sweetval: 8:06am On Dec 24, 2016
Nigeria, obodo ndi ala. undecided
Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by KingsArome(m): 8:07am On Dec 24, 2016
Na wa o
Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by GlorifiedSon: 8:07am On Dec 24, 2016
Merry Christmas Nairalanders..just in case you haven't got your meat contact me for live goat (around Ajah)
Check my profile for more details.
Thanks for the patronage so far.
Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 24, 2016
If na MMM..them qo complain
Yeye

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by ajepako(f): 8:08am On Dec 24, 2016
lmagine me waking up early on Saturday oh..

Just To use ATM in Gbagada...

Chai...see queue...

Even at 6am....

Not cool at all

4 Likes

Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by Dramadiddy(m): 8:08am On Dec 24, 2016
you can't pay customers but you attack MMM

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by symbianDON(m): 8:08am On Dec 24, 2016
na wa o!! it's the same scenario in most cities o....what is happening na? where is all the money in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by Atiku2019: 8:08am On Dec 24, 2016
otokx:

This your Hyperbole ehn grin

1 Like

Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by fullstreets: 8:08am On Dec 24, 2016
GTB ehn. Dey have 2 branches close to each other in Area 3 with about 9 machines n sometimes not a single one is dispensing.

5 Likes

Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by viver1: 8:09am On Dec 24, 2016
na so
Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by deathmen12: 8:09am On Dec 24, 2016
esther waited for 20min she is complaining, come to ph you will wait 4 2days.

7 Likes

Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by Greatidonis: 8:09am On Dec 24, 2016
But Buhari why? kiss
Re: Customers Decry Poor ATM Services by browniecay: 8:09am On Dec 24, 2016
otokx:

On top how much sir....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Naira Depreciates To N1,620/$ At Parallel Market / Selling Clothes In Nigeria – Boutique Business, Online Clothes Store / How To Get Your Dollar, Pounds or Euro Instantly & Cheap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.