Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,767 members, 7,798,557 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? (14702 Views)

I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me / Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) / Lady Shares How Man Abandons Family To Marry A New Wife In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? by handsomePussy: 7:58am On Dec 24, 2016
Good morning nlanders.

I need your opinion on an issue, I am happily married with two kids I live in Lagos with my family. My wife a Ghanian had to quit her Job when the kids started coming now she got an offer to work in my state media house to practice broadcasting which has always been her dream job.

Now the issue is we are not set to relocate to my home state yet cos its not half as developed as lagos and my wife feels relocating to my home state would cause undue invasion in our privacy.

I barely stay in Nigeria cos of the nature of my job so its basically her and my extended family in the same state. What do you recommend...matured responses needed we dont want to jeopardize our happy home over negligence.
Re: Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? by Barney11: 8:19am On Dec 24, 2016
you and your wife are complicating the whole thing!, since you are not always in Lagos, take ur family to ur home state,you can develop ur home to ur Lagos state, my cousin lives in Aba but when you meet them you would think they are in London,as per extended family,if you give them arms length they won't bother you but she should be respectful. she should avoid too much familiarity.find a nice apartment, let her relocate and take the job.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? by Nobody: 8:22am On Dec 24, 2016
This ur username nawa oooh... Meanwhile she doesnt have to do collabo ish with ur family, cant you rent a krib for her in the villa so she can just mind her own business and not get entangled in your family affairs?? Unless you have another job for her in the city though

7 Likes

Re: Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? by handsomePussy: 10:08am On Dec 24, 2016
Thank you for your response boss. God bless you
Barney11:
you and your wife are complicating the whole thing!, since you are not always in Lagos, take ur family to ur home state,you can develop ur home to ur Lagos state, my cousin lives in Aba but when you meet them you would think they are in London,as per extended family,if you give them arms length they won't bother you but she should be respectful. she should avoid too much familiarity.find a nice apartment, let her relocate and take the job.

1 Like

Re: Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? by handsomePussy: 10:10am On Dec 24, 2016
Justdulla:
This ur username nawa oooh... Meanwhile she doesnt have to do collabo ish with ur family, cant you rent a krib for her in the villa so she can just mind her own business and not get entangled in your family affairs?? Unless you have another job for her in the city though
Thank you for your response boss, God bless you
Re: Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? by handsomePussy: 1:08pm On Dec 24, 2016
Your input would be appreciated... Please contribute
Re: Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? by ireneony(f): 1:09pm On Dec 24, 2016
Sincerely from my heart, please don't relocate. Since you can feed your family i don't see the need to do so.
don't worry your wife Will get a better job later.
not all job are worth it.

From what i see the salary would be peanut.

You are the man of the house have your stand in this.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? by kingcomet(m): 1:10pm On Dec 24, 2016
ok
Re: Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? by adonbilivit: 1:10pm On Dec 24, 2016
ur name is handsomepussy and you want reasonable responses? just Bleep your wife and forget everything

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? by kingcomet(m): 1:10pm On Dec 24, 2016
hmn
Re: Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? by mostyg(m): 1:10pm On Dec 24, 2016
Your moniker tells me not to take you serious. How can a married man with two kids use such moniker?

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? by admax(m): 1:11pm On Dec 24, 2016
Good morning nlanders.

I need your opinion on an issue, I am happily married with two kids I live in Lagos [/b]with my family. My wife a Ghanian had to quit her Job when the kids started coming now she got an offer to work in my state media house to practice broadcasting which has always been her dream job.

Now the issue is [b]we are not set to relocate
to my home state yet cos its not half as developed as lagos and my wife feels relocating to my home state would cause undue invasion in our privacy.

I barely stay in Nigeria cos of the nature of my job so its basically her and my extended family in the same state. What do you recommend...matured responses needed we dont want to jeopardize our happy home over negligence.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 24, 2016
Since you're. Barely in lagos, it's advisable to just relocate your family to your home state. All you need do is set your rule straight as soon as you move them. Let family know where their boundary ends.

But then, your wife should learn to give them due respect

1 Like

Re: Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? by AntiWailer: 1:15pm On Dec 24, 2016
I Don gerrit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? by nwosu35: 1:17pm On Dec 24, 2016
Price of Beer is. . .

3 Likes

Re: Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? by DaBullIT(m): 1:18pm On Dec 24, 2016
sure

2 Likes

Re: Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? by obataokenwa(m): 1:18pm On Dec 24, 2016
God has answered your prayer to train and groom ur children with ur culture and definitely they will learn respect and be wiser. Every village got where you can rent if u don't need family wahala

1 Like

Re: Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? by donsteady(m): 1:22pm On Dec 24, 2016
No
Re: Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? by mooremoney(m): 1:24pm On Dec 24, 2016
Which is your home state if I may ask?
Re: Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? by AnusOdourInhaler: 1:24pm On Dec 24, 2016
This your moniker, nawa o
Re: Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? by handsomePussy: 1:26pm On Dec 24, 2016
Its as good as yours
AnusOdourInhaler:
This your moniker, nawa o

8 Likes

Re: Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? by handsomePussy: 1:28pm On Dec 24, 2016
A state in the middle belt, not so civilized tho
mooremoney:
Which is your home state if I may ask?
Re: Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? by AnusOdourInhaler: 1:28pm On Dec 24, 2016
handsomePussy:
Its as good as yours
My nigga.. What's the inspiration behind yours
Re: Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? by obataokenwa(m): 1:31pm On Dec 24, 2016
I remembered after the Sharia crisis, my Dad relocated us to the village. That was one of the best things that happened to me today. I learnt the culture and tradition, I know the families and who owns what in the village and finally I became wiser before I left for Uni. my people say, " if you want to ask about land, ask rat(ewi)".

3 Likes

Re: Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? by handsomePussy: 1:33pm On Dec 24, 2016
To hide my identity as much as possible, m sorry if it sounds gross
AnusOdourInhaler:

My nigga.. What's the inspiration behind yours
Re: Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? by AnusOdourInhaler: 1:36pm On Dec 24, 2016
handsomePussy:
To hide my identity as much as possible, m sorry if it sounds gross
Me too.. Sorry if mine is gross as well...
You're in best position to solve your problem HandsomePussy.. Are your family reserved? If so, go ahead, but don't make the mistake of keeping your wife in family's proximity, get her an apartment somewhere with decent distance.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? by Catastrophe1: 1:36pm On Dec 24, 2016
Nigga go to ur village joor. That place u refer as village is someone's township

1 Like

Re: Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? by obataokenwa(m): 1:37pm On Dec 24, 2016
handsomePussy:
A state in the middle belt, not so civilized tho
All our great men and women came out from the most remote when there was no zinc house. I have five uncles in the USA today as Dr., all got scholarship reading in their mothers kitchen when there was no electricity. my Dad told me about one that always put physics text book in his pocket whenever they go hunting. till today in my village they always use him as instance that no matter how u read, u can't read more than him. one of the respected engineers in Ford motors today.

9 Likes

Re: Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? by folasayolyn(f): 1:39pm On Dec 24, 2016
mostyg:
Your moniker tells me not to take you serious. How can a married man with two kids use such moniker?

the moniker is from when he was young restless and childish. he is hanging on to it as a baby hangs on the the blanket

5 Likes

Re: Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? by Adoniskid(m): 1:41pm On Dec 24, 2016
ireneony:
Sincerely from my heart, please don't relocate. Since you can feed your family i don't see the need to do so.
don't worry your wife Will get a better job later.
not all job are worth it.

From what i see the salary would be peanut.

You are the man of the house have your stand in this.

Sincerely? Aunty
How do you know it will be peanut?

10 Likes

Re: Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? by nwamehn: 1:42pm On Dec 24, 2016
Abeg, relocate them sharply. Allow ur wife practise her dream job and besides, it's even an advantage training up ur children in ur home town so that they will be accustomed with ur culture and tradition and not become these township grown-ups that can't even speak their native languages. The only thing u ar supposed to be bothering about now is their schooling and not extended family interference, cos it's the hand u give them that will determine their level of interference.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Do I Choose; Marriage Or Job? / How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? / Who Is To Blame For Broken Marriages, Man Or Woman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.