Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,771 members, 7,802,367 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:07 PM

I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu (19489 Views)

$16b Power Project: I’m Ready For Probe, Obasanjo Dares Buhari / Jonathan To Metuh: Deposit N1bn For My Transport For Me To Testify in Your Case / Presidency Speaks On Senate’s Demand For Magu’s Removal As EFCC Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by morereb10: 12:03pm On Dec 24, 2016
Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has listed its inceptive Chairman, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu as a star witness to testify against the former Governor of Delta State, Mr. James Ibori.

Ribadu had in an affidavit accused Ibori of giving him $15m in 2007 in a bid to dissuade the former EFCC boss from initiating any case against him. However, after receiving the cash, Ribadu had entered it into evidence after which it was kept in the vault of the Central Bank of Nigeria.

According to Saturday PUNCH, Ribadu had said, “Ibori approached me with $15m to stop his investigation. The money was brought in sacks. I called my people because the money was in big bags, which two people could not carry and we deposited it in the CBN as evidence against him.”

In July 2012, the EFCC approached a Federal High Court in Abuja, requesting for a final order forfeiting the $15m Ibori bribe which had been in the vaults of the CBN for more than five years to the Federal Government as unclaimed proceeds of crime. Justice Gabriel Kolawole on October 25, 2013, awarded the Federal government ownership of the $15m Ibori bribe which was the subject of legal tussle between the EFCC and the Delta State Government.

When asked to react to information that the Attorney General of the Federation had listed him among the Federal Government’s list of witnesses against Ibori, Ribadu said, “I am not aware. But if I am asked to testify, I will. But like I told you, nobody has contacted me”, according to Saturday PUNCH.

However, after the ex-governor was released on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 from a UK prison, EFCC is expected to amend the charges brought against him in order to avoid a case of double jeopardy.

Written by Osiri Ndukwe

http://www.exlinklodge.com/2016/12/im-ready-to-testify-against-ibori-over.html

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by morereb10: 12:03pm On Dec 24, 2016
part 2 - behind the scene - watch out for the movie

hmmm APC Government like trouble sha

Seems we will keep fighting corruption till 2019

economy recession nko? It can wait says the APC dullards

5 Likes

Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by yarimo(m): 12:14pm On Dec 24, 2016
Nooo IBORI will be denied justice in nigeria, Please FG take all IBORI Files to CHINA or north Korea to help you do justice to him . undecided

43 Likes

Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by DozieInc(m): 12:19pm On Dec 24, 2016
My question is', is the money still in the vault?

9 Likes

Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by ojun50(m): 12:23pm On Dec 24, 2016
Dollar is now 500, 2017 is going to sweet alot of home movies to watch
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by morbeta(m): 12:39pm On Dec 24, 2016
James Ibori this is my advice to you; stay away from politics for now, pledge loyality to the ruling party and remain in peace without noise. Then your days of peace will be long in today's NIGERIA. Smarter and more ruthless men are on board this ship now.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by DaBullIT(m): 1:02pm On Dec 24, 2016
lol

Ribadu my main G , your head is too much there

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by patchsk(f): 1:28pm On Dec 24, 2016
Overrated northern fool.
Buhari's bastttardness is legendary.
Devil punish Buhari!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by Drienzia: 2:18pm On Dec 24, 2016
yarimo:
Nooo IBORI will be denied justice in nigeria, Please FG take all IBORI Files to CHINA or north Korea to help you do justice to him . undecided
And you feel you made sense abi .. Its unconstitutional to arrest Ibori again, unless he commits another crime.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by Lasskeey: 2:18pm On Dec 24, 2016
cheesy

3 Likes

Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by Neochemist: 2:18pm On Dec 24, 2016
Ribadu is a nice man. I just wish he's the president of this country.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by Lasskeey: 2:18pm On Dec 24, 2016
cool cool cool

Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by Lasskeey: 2:19pm On Dec 24, 2016
grin wink

1 Like

Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by obontami: 2:19pm On Dec 24, 2016
I'm sure ibori's next move is joining APC. Next thing you every allegations will die. down as if it never happened. smiley
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by pokipoki: 2:20pm On Dec 24, 2016
morbeta:
James Ibori this is my advice to you; stay are from politics for now, pledge locality to the ruling party and remain in peace without noise. Then your days of peace will be long in today's NIGERIA. Smarter and more ruthless men are on board this ship now.
Well said
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by obataokenwa(m): 2:20pm On Dec 24, 2016
make sure your own hands are clean against bribery or else it will become evil disease for you.
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by babamann(m): 2:21pm On Dec 24, 2016
ibori will never be jailed, na settlement go clear everything
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by slimfit1(m): 2:22pm On Dec 24, 2016
Ribadu south south people with no shame will kill you be careful

5 Likes

Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by Nobody: 2:22pm On Dec 24, 2016
I wish something should strike and make all these deaf and blind. Whr r all these moni on air like.
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by sanandreas(m): 2:22pm On Dec 24, 2016
Ribadu will be a scape goat. Ibori will be on a revenge mission
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 24, 2016
I wish something should strike and make all these persons deaf and blind. Whr r all these moni?

No be me go die of High BP na dia kinsmen.
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by SweetJoystick(m): 2:23pm On Dec 24, 2016
Good
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by ettybaba(m): 2:24pm On Dec 24, 2016
Double wahala.
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by Drienzia: 2:24pm On Dec 24, 2016
morbeta:
James Ibori this is my advice to you; stay are from politics for now, pledge locality to the ruling party and remain in peace without noise. Then your days of peace will be long in today's NIGERIA. Smarter and more ruthless men are on board this ship now.
Smarter men like who and who Tinubu,Buhari or Saraki cheesy

2 Likes

Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by ezera(m): 2:25pm On Dec 24, 2016
Charity should begun at home in the crusade against corruption. Is Iboris corruption different form Tinubu's, Amechis, or Atikus? Let's stop playing to the gallery and prosecute anyone found corrupt no matter the name!
Ibori is a thief no doubt, but is your thief different from this thief?

8 Likes

Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by Oildichotomy(m): 2:25pm On Dec 24, 2016
Ibori popularity and sympathy is growing with all these corruption hogwash EFCC is trying to brandish to the gullible populace.

Nuhu Ribadu will still be used by the powers that be and dumped as usual, He has not held any political position since Ibori was arrested and Ibori has just been released he is trying to gain relevance.

I think Nuhu Ribadu is Ibori Stalker Jack Bauer

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by babadee1(m): 2:27pm On Dec 24, 2016
Drienzia:
And you feel you made sense abi .. Its unconstitutional to arrest Ibori again, unless he commits another crime. Quote me with facts from the constitution, lets argue like sane humans

He has never been tried for this Ribadu bribery case yet, so there is nothing unconstitutional about arresting him if and when he lands in naija. The cases for which he was tried and sentenced to prison in the UK are totally different matters.

1 Like

Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by lifestyle1(m): 2:28pm On Dec 24, 2016
Make them allow this man rest small na.
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by Drienzia: 2:28pm On Dec 24, 2016
babadee1:

He has never been tried for this Ribadu bribery case yet, so there is nothing unconstitutional about arresting him if and when he lands in naija. The cases for which he was tried and sentenced to prison in the UK are totally different matters.
Different matters .How What matter, pls educate me
Re: I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu by vRendoh(m): 2:29pm On Dec 24, 2016
shocked
Bahuri is already a toothless and a clawless lion. In two years now how many cases of corrupt politicians are cleared and jailed. Even the returned loots are unaccounted for. That is where we are. The system made him so. Too many bads......just too many. I don't see magic for the remaining two years. Now....the long throat for second tenure is his worst enemy!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Came To Imo To Insult Me Instead Of Selling APC Candidate - Rochas / Obaseki, Shaibu’s Supporters Reject APC Reconciliation Panel / Obi To South East: Convince Nigeria Why You Should Produce President In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.