Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:32 AM

Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate (16303 Views)

Xenophobia: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Protested, Carried Placard In 2014 (Throwback) / Sheikh Adio Confronts Oluwo Of Iwo Akanbi: You Wanted To Have Sex With My Wife / Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by Aminat508(f): 2:30pm On Dec 24, 2016
The Oluwo of Iwo, Oba Adewale Abdul- Rasheed Akanbi, has threatened a chief magistrate, Olusola Aluko, with a “traditional arrest warrant ”.

Aluko, on Monday, ordered the arrest of Oba Akanbi for failing to appear in court.

Oba Akanbi denied receiving a bench warrant of arrest, saying he read about it in the papers.

Speaking with reporters in Osogbo, he cautioned those trying to denigrate the traditional institution, saying: “I too have a traditional arrest warrant I can invoke against the magistrate”.

The Oluwo-Oke of Iwo-Oke, Oba Kadiri Oba Adeoye, approached the Magistrates’ Court, accusing Oba Akanbi of concealing facts about his past to the government when he was installed monarch about a year ago.

Oba Akanbi described the court order as an insult against his throne, saying it was obvious the judge was out to intimidate and harass him for “reasons best known to him and his sponsors”.

The monarch, who insisted he had no case to answer, however, said he had great respect for the judiciary and the law, adding that he would answer any serious charge against him in any court.

Saying the court had no jurisdiction in the case, he accused Aluko of “playing the tune dictated by a piper”.

He said: “Because somebody or some people somewhere do not like my guts they are making use of an available tool to do their bidding.

“But I don’t care and I want them to know I cannot be intimidated and harassed by anybody.

“I’ve got so much to do for my people and I would not tolerate any distraction.

“They are certainly envious of my selfless service to the people of Iwo and its environs but that is their headache, not mine. They are desperate, using the idle hands and those without integrity to carry out their diabolical plans.

“I don’t have any skeleton in my cupboard. My detractors just want to drag the name of the Oluwo of Iwoland in the mud.

“I don’t even involve myself in land matters or sale of lands. I don’t even have a private house. My utmost priority is the well-being of my people.

“I toil day and night for the progress of my town. The magistrate and the oba in question are being paid and sponsored by my detractors and this is the price I’m paying for my success and fame.”

Oba Akanbi urged traditional rulers not to sit back and see the “insult” as only his predicament but to speak against it because of the implication.

Commissioner of Police Fimihan Adeoye said he was not aware of any bench warrant of arrest on the monarch.

Speaking in Osogbo, the police boss, who said he was not briefed about the development, warned that the police should not be dragged into any obaship tussle.

He said: “I have not been briefed about any bench warrant of arrest on the Oluwo of Iwo, Oba Abdulrasheed Akanbi.

“The police cannot be dragged into this because obaship tussle is a sensitive matter. We have our legal department in the police and we will act appropriately within the ambit of the law.”

Source : http://www.amiloaded.com/2016/12/oluwo-of-iwo-oba-abdulrasheed-adewale.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by orisa37: 2:56pm On Dec 24, 2016
Handsome Oba.The Magistrate is an abuser of Tradition and Culture. He should be arrested by Traditional means and "IFA".

12 Likes

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by Kunlexic(m): 6:32pm On Dec 24, 2016
Oba Rashidi,how many times i called u
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by jeeqaa7(m): 8:24pm On Dec 24, 2016
king yahoo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by irenmwinfo(m): 8:24pm On Dec 24, 2016
na wa
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by BornStunner1: 8:25pm On Dec 24, 2016
“The police cannot be dragged into this because obaship tussle is a sensitive matter. We have our legal department in the police and we will act appropriately within the ambit of the law.”

EVEN POLICE SEF DON TIRE FOR THIS PEOPLE POLITICAL (fake) KINGSHIP MATTERS!!

THE IGBOS THAT DO NOT BELIEVE IN MONACHY ARE BETTER OF THAN HAVING A MESS SUCH AS THIS grin

KINGS ARE BORN NOT MADE angry

EDO FOR LIFE cool coolangry

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by AntiWailer: 8:26pm On Dec 24, 2016
jeeqaa7:
king yahoo

lol

Oni Yahoo of Yahoo Land ?

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by Yusfunoble(m): 8:26pm On Dec 24, 2016
Nigeria and controversy is like bread n butter.

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by Opakan2: 8:26pm On Dec 24, 2016
They better take things easy

2 Likes

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by omofunaab(m): 8:26pm On Dec 24, 2016
Nice one
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by Burgerlomo: 8:27pm On Dec 24, 2016
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by Tunami(m): 8:27pm On Dec 24, 2016
Ok.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by evansjeff(m): 8:27pm On Dec 24, 2016
Chaiii...Nigeria!!!

MEANWHILE NAIRALAND =

IBO VS YORUBA

APC VS PDP

MUSLIMS VS CHRISTIANS

WAILERS VS ZOMBIES

Igbos VS AFONJAS

MILITANTS/IPOB YOOTS VS ENVIRONMENTALISTS

AMEACHI VS WIKE

BUHARI VS FAYOSE

I TIRE FOR UNA O.

ANYWAY MERRY CHRISTMAS SHA

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by seguno2: 8:27pm On Dec 24, 2016
This yahoo yahoo boy should stop desecrating the royal throne of his forefathers.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by Ekeretom4(m): 8:27pm On Dec 24, 2016
Spiritual Arrest Loading.

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by jumpandpas(m): 8:28pm On Dec 24, 2016
Only in Nigeria
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by Adesiji77: 8:29pm On Dec 24, 2016
The drama continues...

2 Likes

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by bettercreature(m): 8:30pm On Dec 24, 2016
seguno2:
This yahoo yahoo boy should stop desecrating the royal throne of his forefathers.
stop embarrassing yourself jo

10 Likes

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by seguno2: 8:32pm On Dec 24, 2016
orisa37:
Handsome Oba.The Magistrate is an abuser of Tradition and Culture. He should be arrested by Traditional means and "IFA".

Since you may have omitted this part, let me help you:

The Oluwo-Oke of Iwo-Oke, Oba Kadiri Oba Adeoye, approached the Magistrates’ Court, accusing Oba Akanbi of concealing facts about his past to the government when he was installed monarch about a year ago.

You should advise your yahoo yahoo king to go and explain himself in court if he has nothing to HIDE!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by otunbakplu(m): 8:32pm On Dec 24, 2016
i gat great respect for this king...a 21st century king..iwo youth dey your back.

7 Likes

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by otunbakplu(m): 8:34pm On Dec 24, 2016
seguno2:
ask santa to give you brain this xmass..and stop disgracing your self mr man.what did you expect when you ask a us base guy to be the king

2 Likes

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by dhamstar(m): 8:35pm On Dec 24, 2016
ok
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by Rafob(m): 8:36pm On Dec 24, 2016
Both of you should take it very easy o we don't want any problems in that city o
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 24, 2016
What effrontery
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by seguno2: 8:38pm On Dec 24, 2016
otunbakplu:
ask santa to give you brain this xmass..and stop disgracing your self mr man.what did you expect when you ask a us base guy to be the king

So all US baseD guys are yahoo yahoos?
Are you also US based?

2 Likes

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by Everblazinggg(f): 8:43pm On Dec 24, 2016
That magistrate has no respect and is definitely working with his accusers
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by GunsAndRoses: 8:44pm On Dec 24, 2016
An Oba threatening to arrest a Chief magistrate instead of seeking legal redress.

This is the legacy Buhari has set; the desecration of the Judiciary will be his biggest legacy in the footprint of our history.

Soon, the police will start intimidating Judges and Chief magistrate whose judgement they find unacceptable.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by otunbakplu(m): 8:45pm On Dec 24, 2016
seguno2:

So all US baseD guys are yahoo yahoos?
Are you also US based?
pls dont misquote me o....what would you gain by sowing his name in mud,he is young,got swagg,put on blings....wait did you think he can be impeached? I dont know why we yorubas dont really co-operate...thats a disgrace to his thron and to iwo has a town....i have heard so many stories about him,that i enjoy.that guy got potentials..call him a yahoo-guy for all i care..digging up his past,he went to jail and so?(obj &mandela also went to jail)

12 Likes

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by don4real18(m): 8:46pm On Dec 24, 2016
this is what happens when the gods decide to play your demo

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by YoursGEJ(m): 8:47pm On Dec 24, 2016
The Oba should go and answer his case in court. See him eye like person wey smoke sapele igbo

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Threatens To ‘Arrest’ Magistrate by ettybaba(m): 8:52pm On Dec 24, 2016
BornStunner1:

EVEN POLICE SEF DON TIRE FOR THIS PEOPLE POLITICAL (fake) KINGSHIP MATTERS!!

THE IGBOS THAT DO NOT BELIEVE IN MONACHY ARE BETTER OF THAN HAVING A MESS SUCH AS THIS grin

KINGS ARE BORN NOT MADE angry

EDO FOR LIFE cool coolangry
You made me remember the Edo lady coming to give me BJ. make am call her now.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Aspects Of Our Nigerian Culture Should Be Abolished? / How Far Back Can You Trace Your Ancestry? / Proudly Ekiti's Indigene Panegyric (oriki)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.