Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? (22200 Views)

See What This Muslims Did To Christians In Blackburn. / Which Should Muslims Recite Salaat Al-faatih Or Salaat Al-ibraheemiyah 2? / Which Should Muslims Recite Salaat Al-faatih Or Salaat Al-ibraheemiyah 1? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by tunde1200(m): 4:23pm On Dec 24, 2016
I SAW THIS ON FB AND I LIKED TO SHARE IT HERE TOO!!
Merry Christmas: To say or not to say

By Aisha Umar Yusuf | Publish Date: Dec 24 2016 2:27AM

We, Nigerian Muslims, are used to wishing our Christian compatriots a merry Christmas and even partaking of their meals at such times, if offered. In the same way, our Christian neighbours and friends have been in the habit of wishing us happy Sallah during the two eids, as well as eating our meals at such celebrations also.

But lately one comes across some fatwas or religious rulings that say, it’s not permissible for a Muslim to say ‘Merry Christmas’ to Christian friends and neighbours for certain reasons. To someone like me, for whom these courtesies are second nature, it was disturbing to hear that there is something inherently wrong with this simple act of good neighbourliness.

Luckily, Shaykh Abdullah bin Bayyah, Mauritanian-born but Saudi-based Islamic scholar had been asked the true position of wishing non-Muslims happy celebrations during their religious occasions. His fatwa on this issue is very comforting. I decided to share it with readers of this column. Please read on and happy holidays.

“This issue is without a doubt a very important and sensitive one, especially for Muslims living in the West....

Sometimes a Muslim can feel the favors of the non-Muslim upon them, as in the teacher who assists Muslim students with sincerity, the doctor who treats Muslim patients also with sincerity, etc. As the saying goes, the human being is imprisoned by good treatment, and the poet said:

Do good to people and you will possess their hearts for doing good has always enslaved the human being

What is the position of Muslims in relation to non-Muslims who are peaceful with them, do not sow enmity against them, do not fight them in their religion, and have not driven them out of their homes nor have supported ones who tried to do so?

The Quran has established a basis for the relationship between Muslims and non-Muslims in two verses from the Book of God the Exalted, which were revealed in relation to polytheists:

“God does not forbid you to deal kindly and justly with anyone who has not fought you for your faith or driven you out of your homes: God loves the just. But God forbids you to take as allies those who have fought against you for your faith, driven you out of your homes, and helped others to drive you out: any of you who take them as allies will truly be wrongdoers.” [60:8-9]

So the two verses distinguished between those who are peaceful with Muslims and those who are not.

As for the first ones (those who are peaceful), the verse has legislated having kindness and just treatment with them. [But the Arabic words used in the verse imply more than this] because the word “qist” means justice, and the word “birr” means doing good with an extra measure of it, which is higher than justice. [The concept of] justice means you take what is rightfully yours, whereas “birr” means you concede some of your rights. In other words, justice, i.e., “qist”, is to give a person their due right without any diminishment, but kind treatment, i.e., “birr”, [mentioned in the verse] means you give a person more than their due right as an act of virtue.

As for the others mentioned in the second verse, they are those who have declared enmity with Muslims and fought them, and driven them out of their homes without the right to do so except for having declared:

Our Lord is God! This is what Quraysh and the polytheists in Mecca did with the Messenger (s) and his companions.

[Also, note here] that the Quran used the word for kind treatment, i.e., “birr”, for the relationship with those who are peaceful, which is the same word used for the greatest obligation upon the human being after fulfilling the right of God the Exalted; the right of “birr” towards parents.

Moreover, the permissibility of congratulating non-Muslims on their holidays is more confirmed in the case that they also congratulate Muslims on Islamic holidays. We have been commanded to return good with good, and to respond to a greeting with one that is better than it, or at least the same as it. The Exalted said:

“But [even in battle] when you [believers] are offered a greeting, respond with a better one, or at least return it.” [4:86]

So it is not befitting for a Muslim to be less generous or have a lower status of good character than others. A Muslim is supposed to be the one who is most kind and having the noblest character as it has been transmitted in the Hadith:

“The most complete in faith among the believers are those ones with the noblest character.”

As well as the other statement of the Messenger (s): “I was only sent to complete noble character traits.”

The Prophet (s) had a noble character and a generous in relationship with the polytheists of Quraysh despite their harm towards him and gathering against him and his companions.

[Lastly] the usual words used to congratulate during these occasions do not entail acceptance or adopting of non-Muslim creed. They are simply words of courtesy that are customary during these occasions. There is also no deterrent from accepting gifts from them and rewarding them with gifts in return, because the Prophet (s) accepted gifts from non-Muslims, with the condition that these gifts are not that which would be impermissible for a Muslim, such as alcohol or swine meat.

[It should be mentioned] that we are not for Muslims celebrating the religious holidays of polytheists or People of the Book. We see some heedless Muslims celebrating Christmas the same way they celebrate Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Ad’ha, or even more. This is not permissible because we have our religious holidays and they have their religious holidays. But we do not see harm in congratulating people on their religious holidays for those who have social relationships with them.

Merry Christmas to all my Christian Friends

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by Afz9095(m): 6:35pm On Dec 24, 2016
JAZAK ALLAHU KHAIRAN
CC: FRIENDCHOICE, RILWAYNE001
Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 24, 2016
Bismillah,

Salam alaikum brother,

Thanks for sharing. However I have reservations about this. This is the first time I am hearing this as I know that it is a scholarly concecus that it is not permissible to say Merry Christmas . The prophet (peace and blessing) be upon him said that Allah will not cause the ummah to agree on falsehood. The scholars agree that what is meant is by that is the unanimous agreement of the scholars on issues ( such as in the case of saying Merry Christmas).

On th barest minimum, saying Merry Christmas is encouraging disbelif. No doubt this is not a celebration from Allah but rather of kufr. I am not a 100% sure Christmas existed during the time of the prophet (peace and blessing be upon him), but I know that the Jews had their religious celebrations and so did the pagans.

Are there evidences that the prophet (peace and blessing be upon) him or the shabas or righteous prdessasors congratulated the pagans or other non-Muslims during their religious festivals and celebrated disbelief? The answer is no. Not at all.

If there are no evidences that the prophet (peace and bessing) be upon him, his sahabas or the righteous predecessors (who are the best generations after the prophet), congratulated non-Muslims on their religious festivals, out of courtesy, then why should we?

If a Muslim feels to shy to give dawah or is unsure what to say when someone says Merry Christmas, then he/she can say thank you.

On a side note, I am extremely curious about this sheikh. Do you happen to know more information about him? What he promotes? Background information? You know one can never be too cautious or protective regarding the deen. It is vital to research information reaching us about the deen, especially in these times when there is so much confusion in the ummah.

Once again, thanks for sharing

Salam alaykum

25 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Dec 24, 2016
why was the sura al-kaafiroon revealed?

The polytheists of Makkah told Muhammad(sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) that he should join them when its time for their idol festivals and they too will join Muhammad(sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) in his own deen, then Allaah told Muhammad to say "O disbelievers, I don't worship that which you worship, and you worship not whom i worship, neither will i worship that which you worship, nor will you worship what i worship, to you your religion and to me is mine".

clearly with the responds Allaah told his messenger to give the polytheists, Allaah clearly disagreed with their idea, and today someone wants to compromise, even if Allaah disagreed to it?

saying "merry Christmas" does not show unity, rather you are agreeing with what Allaah disagreed which wont end well for the supporters of this, ofcourse Muslims are told to treat non-muslims well, act justly with them and all that, when the bible on the other hand says jews shouldn't take usury from their fellow jews, but can take usury from others that are not jews, islam is not like that, but what Allaah hates, we also should hate.

salaam alaykum.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 24, 2016
Quoting shaykhs who Salafs do even know sef ehnnn...be careful....what's bad is bad, even if everyone does it, what's good is good, even if it is only the 'few' who do it...

PS; saying merry christmas is tantamount to saying, 'hey, merry 'associating partner with Allaah'.

Rasulullaah already said his Ummah will copy the Jew and the christian in almost everytyn.

I seek refuge in Allaah from been led astray because I want to be nice to people in a kufr way.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by golpen(m): 12:51am On Dec 25, 2016
snapscore:
Bismillah,

Salam alaikum brother,

Thanks for sharing. However I have reservations about this. This is the first time I am hearing this as I know that it is a scholarly concecus that it is not permissible to say Merry Christmas . The prophet (peace and blessing) be upon him said that Allah will not cause the ummah to agree on falsehood. The scholars agree that what is meant is by that is the unanimous agreement of the scholars on issues ( such as in the case of saying Merry Christmas).

On th barest minimum, saying Merry Christmas is encouraging disbelif. No doubt this is not a celebration from Allah but rather of kufr. I am not a 100% sure Christmas existed during the time of the prophet (peace and blessing be upon him), but I know that the Jews had their religious celebrations and so did the pagans.

Are there evidences that the prophet (peace and blessing be upon) him or the shabas or righteous prdessasors congratulated the pagans or other non-Muslims during their religious festivals and celebrated disbelief? The answer is no. Not at all.

If there are no evidences that the prophet (peace and bessing) be upon him, his sahabas or the righteous predecessors (who are the best generations after the prophet), congratulated non-Muslims on their religious festivals, out of courtesy, then why should we?

If a Muslim feels to shy to give dawah or is unsure what to say when someone says Merry Christmas, then he/she can say thank you.

On a side note, I am extremely curious about this sheikh. Do you happen to know more information about him? What he promotes? Background information? You know one can never be too cautious or protective regarding the deen. It is vital to research information reaching us about the deen, especially in these times when there is so much confusion in the ummah.

Once again, thanks for sharing

Salam alaykum

I'm very sorry, that even though I bend to the side of saying 'merry xmas' is DISLIKED, but I'll like us to repel or support opinions with standard evidence. In that wise, I'll like to state some of your points that I'm not so comfortable with.

There are some scholarly consensual verdicts that have changed, due to clearer view over time. This Is to say that general scholarly consensus are not 100% error free, this scholar could be right according to his evidence and stance. They are humans perhaps.

I also do not agree with the fact that wishing them merry Xmas is encouraging kufr. As Muslims, if wishing them a merry Xmas is tagged as encouraging kufr, in an Islamic dominated and ruled state, what are the acts of allowing them to live within us peacefully, allowing them to build their places of worship - even in a state as secular as Nigeria, a Muslim governor will do justice by building churches for the Christians if he builds a mosque with state funds, allowing them to have their holidays and festivals without disturbing them? These are more practical enhancements than wishing with mere words. They wish us happy eid too.

This is not affirming that wishing them is good, but those of us Muslims that have the gift of easily and quickly grabbing Islamic messages shouldn't expect same from our fellows. We should also better understand why and be able to prove, rather than shoving opinions down their throats.

No offence is intended bro... Wa Salaam alaykum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by Nobody: 7:35am On Dec 25, 2016
golpen:

I'm very sorry, that even though I bend to the side of saying 'merry xmas' is DISLIKED, but I'll like us to repel or support opinions with standard evidence. In that wise, I'll like to state some of your points that I'm not so comfortable with.

There are some scholarly consensual verdicts that have changed, due to clearer view over time. This Is to say that general scholarly consensus are not 100% error free, this scholar could be right according to his evidence and stance. They are humans perhaps.

I also do not agree with the fact that wishing them merry Xmas is encouraging kufr. As Muslims, if wishing them a merry Xmas is tagged as encouraging kufr, in an Islamic dominated and ruled state, what are the acts of allowing them to live within us peacefully, allowing them to build their places of worship - even in a state as secular as Nigeria, a Muslim governor will do justice by building churches for the Christians if he builds a mosque with state funds, allowing them to have their holidays and festivals without disturbing them? These are more practical enhancements than wishing with mere words. They wish us happy eid too.

This is not affirming that wishing them is good, but those of us Muslims that have the gift of easily and quickly grabbing Islamic messages shouldn't expect same from our fellows. We should also better understand why and be able to prove, rather than shoving opinions down their throats.

Salam alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu brother

One must understand that there is nothing wrong with living peacefully with non-Muslims. In fact, Allah commands us to deal with them fairly. We will live with them peacefully the same way the prophet (peace and blessing be upon him) and his sahabas lived with them. We will visit them when they are sick, give charity to them, collect and give gifts on non-religious festivals to soften their hearts. We will deal with them justly, say kinds words and call them the path of Allah. We will offer congratulations when they marry and condolences when they die- Just as the prophet (peace and blessing be upon him) and his companions did. We will not go and attack them during their celebration or forcefully prevent them from celebrating.

However, when it comes to matter of faith and beliefs, we must draw a clear line and set boundaries. Would you agree with me that their beliefs are blasphemous against mine? And my beliefs are blasphemous against theirs?

The prophet (peace and blessing be upon him) who was the best man to walk the earth, whom Allah (subhanahu wa ta'ala) Himself praised for his character and set as an example for mankind- Are there any evidences that suggests that he (peace and blessing be upon him) congratulated blasphemy? Even during the time that the Muslims were in minority?
Certainly if there was any good in it- he would have done it. Saying merry Christmas is synonymous to saying Happy blasphemy day or happy celebrating Jesus as the son of God or even Jesus as God. Can a Muslim with tawhid in his heart openly say happy celebrating Jesus the son of God, knowing fully well that this is hated by Allah?

We as Muslims are not to aid or encourage transgression against Allah, rather, we encourage good and forbid evil. It is not part of encouraging good and forbidding evil to congratulate those who transgress Allah’s limits.

Just because they say happy eid doesn’t mean that we have to do the same. If a Satanist who worships Satan wishes me happy Eid, would I tell him happy Satan’s day out of courtesy? Happy celebrating Kufr?
A brother earlier mentioned that suratul Kharifun was revealed to absolve the Muslims from the non-Muslims. I think this is something you may want to read up as well.

Now regarding building places or worships, no doubt if an individual Muslim does that, it is encouraging disbelief. However, in lands that are populated by both Muslims and non-Muslims, neither is it governed by sharia, but is governed by a Muslim, I don’t know what the scholars stated but I will have to research about how the prophet(peace and blessing be upon him), the sahabas and righteous predecessors dealt with it. They were definitely non-Muslims who lived amongst the Muslims and had their places of worship during their time. But no evidences suggest that the prophet (peace and blessing be upon him) congratulated the pagans for their disbelief.

Like I once said, we would live with them peacefully the way the prophet (peace and blessing) and the sahabas lived with them peacefully. If any scholar is claiming that congratulating non-Muslims on religious festivals is disliked rather than prohibited, then he has claimed that it is permissible and he would need to provide evidence for that.

Lastly, it is important to research any information that reaches us about the deen. One can never be too cautious or protective.

No offence was taken brother.
You respectfully pointed out an issue and I must commend you for that.
Salam alaykum.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by golpen(m): 8:17pm On Dec 25, 2016
snapscore:

Salam alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu brother

One must understand that there is nothing wrong with living peacefully with non-Muslims. In fact, Allah commands us to deal with them fairly. We will live with them peacefully the same way the prophet (peace and blessing be upon him) and his sahabas lived with them. We will visit them when they are sick, give charity to them, collect and give gifts on non-religious festivals to soften their hearts. We will deal with them justly, say kinds words and call them the path of Allah. We will offer congratulations when they marry and condolences when they die- Just as the prophet (peace and blessing be upon him) and his companions did. We will not go and attack them during their celebration or forcefully prevent them from celebrating.

However, when it comes to matter of faith and beliefs, we must draw a clear line and set boundaries. Would you agree with me that their beliefs are blasphemous against mine? And my beliefs are blasphemous against theirs?

The prophet (peace and blessing be upon him) who was the best man to walk the earth, whom Allah (subhanahu wa ta'ala) Himself praised for his character and set as an example for mankind- Are there any evidences that suggests that he (peace and blessing be upon him) congratulated blasphemy? Even during the time that the Muslims were in minority?
Certainly if there was any good in it- he would have done it. Saying merry Christmas is synonymous to saying Happy blasphemy day or happy celebrating Jesus as the son of God or even Jesus as God. Can a Muslim with tawhid in his heart openly say happy celebrating Jesus the son of God, knowing fully well that this is hated by Allah?

We as Muslims are not to aid or encourage transgression against Allah, rather, we encourage good and forbid evil. It is not part of encouraging good and forbidding evil to congratulate those who transgress Allah’s limits.

Just because they say happy eid doesn’t mean that we have to do the same. If a Satanist who worships Satan wishes me happy Eid, would I tell him happy Satan’s day out of courtesy? Happy celebrating Kufr?
A brother earlier mentioned that suratul Kharifun was revealed to absolve the Muslims from the non-Muslims. I think this is something you may want to read up as well.

Now regarding building places or worships, no doubt if an individual Muslim does that, it is encouraging disbelief. However, in lands that are populated by both Muslims and non-Muslims, neither is it governed by sharia, but is governed by a Muslim, I don’t know what the scholars stated but I will have to research about how the prophet(peace and blessing be upon him), the sahabas and righteous predecessors dealt with it. They were definitely non-Muslims who lived amongst the Muslims and had their places of worship during their time. But no evidences suggest that the prophet (peace and blessing be upon him) congratulated the pagans for their disbelief.

Like I once said, we would live with them peacefully the way the prophet (peace and blessing) and the sahabas lived with them peacefully. If any scholar is claiming that congratulating non-Muslims on religious festivals is disliked rather than prohibited, then he has claimed that it is permissible and he would need to provide evidence for that.

Lastly, it is important to research any information that reaches us about the deen. One can never be too cautious or protective.

No offence was taken brother.
You respectfully pointed out an issue and I must commend you for that.
Salam alaykum.

Jazakallahu Khairan brother.. We'll placed ma shaa Allah. May Allah forgive us and make us firm in the deen.

1 Like

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Dec 25, 2016
golpen:

Jazakallahu Khairan brother.. We'll placed ma shaa Allah. May Allah forgive us and make us firm in the deen.

Wa iyyaka. Ameen ya rab

I am a sister. I guess I should have mentioned that earlier.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by golpen(m): 9:56pm On Dec 25, 2016
snapscore:

Wa iyyaka. Ameen ya rab

I am a sister. I guess I should have mentioned that earlier.

Oh forgive my unawareness SISTER!! BARAKALLAHU ALAYK.
Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by udatso: 6:57pm On Dec 31, 2016
All I can say is لا طاعة في معصية الله

1 Like

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by IMAliyu(m): 11:59pm On Dec 12, 2018
I don't know about that, but I just say "happy holidays"
Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by sureheaven(m): 10:13am On Dec 14, 2018
Christians don't need Muslims to wish them merry Xmas before they enjoy the season and the celebration.

Christianity had been in existence before the birth of Muhammed and islam.

243 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by Nobody: 10:17am On Dec 14, 2018
Laughing out loud ..

Agbako onibidia ni OP yi..

There's no difference between Christmas and Osun oshogbo and maulid nabiy .

They are all bidah.

They are all innovation

They are all kufru..

Can you wish osun oshogbo worshippers merry or happy osun oshogbo?
Can you wish kufar sufi, shia and others happy maulid nabiy?

Christians are kufar.. Christmas is bidah .

Before you come and bite me..

There are Christians during prophet Muhammad era.. Quote hadith where he wished them merry Christmas , or quote where sahabahs said that or where any of our salafs said that...

Before you sufi bite me..

Quote where rosul sahabahs celebrated rosul maulid..

..before you Christans too bite me..

Quote where it is in your book written by unknown people with different accounts of happenings where they celebrated Christmas..

Saying happy jumuah is bidah..
It has no basis in islam

Asalam alaekum warohmatulah wabarokahtuhu

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by oilPUSSY(f): 10:19am On Dec 14, 2018
Nigerian Christians I hope you guys are reading this ?. I have said it before, these people will not and will never wish you well. ...Continue thinking that they love you why they dislike you with passion
Nig Muslims don't know how to give Nigerian Christians the treatment their counterparts in the Middle East are giving Christian minorities. If not that the population of Nigerian Christians is equal to that of Muslims, Christians Nigerians would have understood what Islam is all about.
Very backward/arch..aic religion ..

Why should I even swear to be a terro..rist before commenting on this thread ?

130 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by Fatherofdragons: 10:22am On Dec 14, 2018
So these Muslims believe that's it's wrong to say Merry Christmas to Christians yet some foolish Christians also wish them Happy eid or whatever.

Now I know why terrorism is more prevalent in their religion, it's because of the hate their allah teaches them against Christians and non muslims in general.

I need to tell my friend this, so that he will stop celebrating all this muslim festivities with them.

88 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by danot1030: 10:24am On Dec 14, 2018
One shouldn't expect much from a religion that all it teaches its followers to do is to hate and kill those they considered as infidel, teaching them to be hostile to them is never a surprise.

And small time they will say is a religion of peace, i wonder if they no what peace is all about and what it takes to make peace or live in peace.

History have never hidden the degree of violence the founder of this religion committed against humanity and thought his followers to replicate after him and that is why we have them terrorizing the whole world today.

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 14, 2018
golpen:

you would lead yourself astray

2 Likes

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by joshuaidibia(m): 10:26am On Dec 14, 2018
Abuheekmat:
Laughing out loud ..

Agbako onibidia ni OP yi..

There's no difference between Christmas and Osun oshogbo and maulid nabiy .

They are all bidah.

They are all innovation

They are all kufru..

Can you wish osun oshogbo worshippers merry or happy osun oshogbo?
Can you wish kufar sufi, shia and others happy maulid nabiy?

Christians are kufar.. Christmas is bidah .

Before you come and bite me..

There are Christians during prophet Muhammad era.. Quote hadith where he wished them merry Christmas , or quote where sahabahs said that or where any of our salafs said that...

Before you sufi bite me..

Quote where rosul sahabahs celebrated rosul maulid..

..before you Christans too bite me..

Quote where it is in your book written by unknown people with different accounts of happenings where they celebrated Christmas..

Saying happy jumuah is bidah..
It has no basis in islam

Asalam alaekum warohmatulah wabarokahtuhu

You're an idiot. Stop with your hate already. Wonder why the mods hardly ban your type on Muslim threads. AND WHAT IS IT WITH THE SWEARING BEFORE POSTING ON MUSLIM THREADS?? this is oppression. They can come on Christian threads and say what they like, but we're meant to swear or agree we're Muslim before we post on theirs. No na!!!!! Na we dey make Nigeria bad so. This is so wrong in all ways. What happened to the spirit of journalism Free and fair, taking no sides. Please, please and please, nobody should ban me, I'm saying my mind. Cause last I checked Nigeria is not just a Muslim or Christian country alone, nor is NL.

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by joshuaidibia(m): 10:28am On Dec 14, 2018
Fatherofdragons:
So these Muslims believe that's it's wrong to say Merry Christmas to Christians yet some foolish Christians also wish them Happy eid or whatever.

Now I know why terrorism is more prevalent in their religion, it's because of the hate their allah teaches them against Christians and non muslims in general.

I need to tell my friend this, so that he will stop celebrating all this muslim festivities with them.

I am telling you. This is a shock to me. For the first time in my life, I have a little support for IPOB.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:29am On Dec 14, 2018
Its really laughable how Muslims believe that their religion is a religion of peace with all manner of discriminations and non tolerance.

What is peace without respect to people belief.

For as long as Islam continue to see peoples belief in wrong light, every Muslim is a potential terrorist. It's not by coincidence that the world is suffering this religion.

All terrorists have their root origin on some wacko beleif of self righteousness and disbelief in other people way of worship.

Spits on their skull.

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 14, 2018
joshuaidibia:

You're an idiot. Stop with your hate already. Wonder why the mods hardly ban your type on Muslim threads. AND WHAT IS IT WITH THE SWEARING BEFORE POSTING ON MUSLIM THREADS?? this is oppression. They can come on Christian threads and say what they like, but we're meant to swear or agree we're Muslim before we post on theirs. No na!!!!! Na we dey make Nigeria bad so. This is so wrong in all ways. What happened to the spirit of journalism Free and fair, taking no sides. Please, please and please, nobody should ban me, I'm saying my mind. Cause last I checked Nigeria is not just a Muslim or Christian country alone, nor is NL.

What exactly is paining you
Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by dultmax(m): 10:29am On Dec 14, 2018
All greetings belongs to Allah...All compliments, all physical prayer , and all monetary worship are for Allah. Why shouldn’t we realize that....1. Allah is so great and human brain can’t even comprehend his greatness
2. Allah created everything we can see and everything we cannot see
3. Allah has power over everything both known and unknown
4. If Allah had wanted a world of Muslims alone, all he needs is to say Be...and it will be
5. He created the Christians and not only them all other religions in our planet
5. He sent Prophet Muhammad to us to perfect our ways, Islam being the last of the religions
The Prophet perfectly lived with all humans and still the most influential human to walk on this planet.
If the prophet SAW had segregated himself from people of other religions and is strict, how would Islam get to us today?

Do we forget the story of the woman who always stone Prophet Muhammad SAW while walking in her street and one day, the Prophet observes the woman wasn’t stoning her, He asked where the woman lives and still pay her visit just realize she was sick. He prayed for her and the woman was surprised how perfect this Human is...she finally embraces Islam.

Let the world see that kindness of Prophet Muhammad In we Muslims. Be kind to everyone irrespective of their religion, tribe, races and greet them. Tell them merry Xmas, wish them a happy new year.....that’s doesn’t mean kufr. Islam teaches best of character.

Merry Xmas and Happy new year to Christian Borthers and Sisters.

Thanks

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by joshuaidibia(m): 10:30am On Dec 14, 2018
oilPUSSY:
Nigerian Christians I hope you guys are reading this ?. I have said it before, these people will not and will never wish you well. ...Continue wishing them happy salah why they dislike you with passion.

Why should I even swear to be a terro..rist before commenting on this thread ?

This is sad. They smile to our faces and curse at our back. And yet we joyfully celebrate with them on theirs. I'm so happy to be a Christian. Free religion. Thank God for Jesus.

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by joshuaidibia(m): 10:30am On Dec 14, 2018
Abuheekmat:

What exactly is paining you

Your stupidity. Any more questions?

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by Fatherofdragons: 10:32am On Dec 14, 2018
joshuaidibia:

I am telling you. This is a shock to me. For the first time in my life, I have a little support for IPOB.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 14, 2018
joshuaidibia:

Your stupidity. Any more questions?

Not my fault that you are stupid.
Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by KIDfurniture(m): 10:33am On Dec 14, 2018
21st century .. poor believers like us na em dey start war.. while the wealthy muslims and Christians dine and whine together and exchange monies and huge contracts. Shame on fanatics ja re.. that is why Nigeria Is still backward.. brainwashed people everywhere.. you kill 22 virgins awaits u..

16 Likes

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by Timbi: 10:37am On Dec 14, 2018
Grace

1 Like

Re: Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? by joshuaidibia(m): 10:37am On Dec 14, 2018
Abuheekmat:

Not my fault that you are stupid.

Awwww. And he doesn't understand simple English, the difference between 'your'and 'my'. You need western education Man. Stop hating.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ruling On Shaking Hands With The Opposite Sex / Differences Between Islam And Western Ideology / Eid Ul Adha: Barka Da Sallah : Eid Mubarak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.