Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,945 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

Why Do Caribbeans Think Their Situation Is Better Than Africa? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do Caribbeans Think Their Situation Is Better Than Africa? (6751 Views)

How Do Caribbeans Help African Countries / Yorubas: Bigger Than Africa / Most Of D Ignorant Comments Of Africa,i Have Gotten Were 4rm Caribbeans/aa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Caribbeans Think Their Situation Is Better Than Africa? by momoyama: 10:40pm On Dec 28, 2016
Lady39:

Thank u for the info. I have yet to visit any Caribbean island, (although I have a few in mind) but I may have to check out The Bahamas.

Yes, you should.
Re: Why Do Caribbeans Think Their Situation Is Better Than Africa? by Horus(m): 3:47am On Dec 29, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHWQaRQuLiI

I AM GOING BACK TO AFRICA BLACKS NEED TO TALK TO AFRICANS

I am moving to Africa. It will take time but I need to lay the groundwork NOW! Our people in this country need to start reaching out to Africans in this country and on the Mother Land. These are my feelings.
Re: Why Do Caribbeans Think Their Situation Is Better Than Africa? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 29, 2016
It's a case of someone wanting to feel better than another. Most Americans (white and black) look at Caribbeans the same way they view Africans=Poor and Uneducated. Don't mind them. Be confident in who you are.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Caribbeans Think Their Situation Is Better Than Africa? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Dec 29, 2016
FortuneTeller:
It's a case of someone wanting to feel better than another. Most Americans (white and black) look at Caribbeans the same way they view Africans=Poor and Uneducated. Don't mind them. Be confident in who you are.

Interesting...cause in my experience, I've found more white Americans to value Islanders (due to their intelligence and/or work ethic) moreso than black Americans. Black Americans have unfortunately, developed a very unflattering label all over the world. I can say that Black Americans do have a negative & ignorant view of Africans..which is truly sad. But Africans also have a negaticve view of black Americans.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Caribbeans Think Their Situation Is Better Than Africa? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Dec 29, 2016
Lady39:

Interesting...cause in my experience, I've found more white Americans to value Islanders (due to their intelligence and/or work ethic) moreso than black Americans. Black Americans have unfortunately, developed a very unflattering label all over the world. I can say that Black Americans do have a negative & ignorant view of Africans..which is truly sad. But Africans also have a negaticve view of black Americans.

It doesn't matter how white Americans view black Americans. No American sees Caribbeans or Africans as equal to an American. I've been here with my husband too long. Once you are working, you will know the whites will only see you as "good" if you obey them. So as long as Africans and Caribbeans obey their masters, they will tell them they are good, but see them as obedient slaves who do what they say. I found out the hard way as many of my friends.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Caribbeans Think Their Situation Is Better Than Africa? by onila(f): 12:30am On Dec 30, 2016
I must admit my Bahamian friend lives a good life

we did our university preparatory college together and went to the same university

i swear she didn't struggle like us international African students

she just used to stay in her room and watch cartoon grin

failed her first semester and didn't bother

when I asked to why she does not stress herself
she said university is not compulsory to her parents and its not something you stress yourself for

she even took two years off after our first year and I never saw her again undecided

imagine an international African student not stressing herself or even taking two years off
especially a Nigerian international student acting like that considering the way our visa laws are strict or the way our African parents are so tough and horrible grin

she lived her life like a while local student
you know like those white students that take some years off when they are tired of school

if that's how rich bahamians live then hell yea, their situation is better

i know for sure a jamaican won't act like her, their visa laws are very strict like Nigeria
you know many jamaicans are rushing to go out

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Caribbeans Think Their Situation Is Better Than Africa? by onila(f): 12:37am On Dec 30, 2016
African students deserve better
with the way we struggle
neither foreign immigration laws are fair to us

our parents still not impressed and not being understanding

Africa just too hard and strict especially Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why Do Caribbeans Think Their Situation Is Better Than Africa? by Nobody: 1:56am On Dec 30, 2016
FortuneTeller:

It doesn't matter how white Americans view black Americans. No American sees Caribbeans or Africans as equal to an American. I've been here with my husband too long. Once you are working, you will know the whites will only see you as "good" if you obey them. So as long as Africans and Caribbeans obey their masters, they will tell them they are good, but see them as obedient slaves who do what they say. I found out the hard way as many of my friends.

Well I was born & raised in the U.S. & I know all too well the strained & contentious relationship between blacks & whites that has occured since the beginning of time. It's unfortunate how we, humans, treat one another.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Caribbeans Think Their Situation Is Better Than Africa? by nubianwarrior: 9:30pm On Dec 30, 2016
Black Nations are Failures and Own Worst Enemies
Re: Why Do Caribbeans Think Their Situation Is Better Than Africa? by nubianwarrior: 9:34pm On Dec 30, 2016
Caribbean is like south african those luxury holiday resorts is build by white man
Re: Why Do Caribbeans Think Their Situation Is Better Than Africa? by onila(f): 1:03am On Dec 31, 2016
nubianwarrior:
Caribbean is like south african those luxury holiday resorts is build by white man

that's what I was telling that bahamian girl
Re: Why Do Caribbeans Think Their Situation Is Better Than Africa? by Rossikki: 10:13pm On Jan 01, 2017
nubianwarrior:
Black Nations are Failures and Own Worst Enemies

Oh shut up.
Re: Why Do Caribbeans Think Their Situation Is Better Than Africa? by onilaisbomb: 5:39pm On Jan 07, 2017
caribbeans came from Africa cheesy
Re: Why Do Caribbeans Think Their Situation Is Better Than Africa? by lawani: 8:12am On Feb 20, 2017
List caribbean nations and list African nations. Check average GDP per capita, life expectancy and HDI and Carribean average might be double African average or more. Carribean average is probably well above world average and even probably above Latin American average. That is the issue. Gabon, Botswana, Namibia, Ghana, Cote dIvoire are better than Haiti while Nigeria is a big mess. No power and there is cultural corruption.
Re: Why Do Caribbeans Think Their Situation Is Better Than Africa? by onila(f): 12:32pm On Feb 20, 2017
lawani:
List caribbean nations and list African nations. Check average GDP per capita, life expectancy and HDI and Carribean average might be double African average or more. Carribean average is probably well above world average and even probably above Latin American average. That is the issue. Gabon, Botswana, Namibia, Ghana, Cote dIvoire are better than Haiti while Nigeria is a big mess. No power and there is cultural corruption.

their GDP per capita might be higher
but African countries overall GDP are usually higher in triple

if you notice African small countries HDI are usually better than African countries with big population does not mean Gabon is better than Cameroon or South Africa
Re: Why Do Caribbeans Think Their Situation Is Better Than Africa? by lawani: 8:12pm On Feb 20, 2017
onila:

their GDP per capita might be higher
but African countries overall GDP are usually higher in triple

if you notice African small countries HDI are usually better than African countries with big population does not mean Gabon is better than Cameroon or South Africa

GDP PER CAPITA, HDI AND OVERALL OUTLOOK OF THE ECONOMY IS THE RIGHT MEASURE NOT GDP SIZE. THERE ARE COUNTRIES DOING WELL IN WEST AFRICA AND THAT ARE RESPECTED LIKE GHANA EVEN COTE DIVOIRE HAS BEST CITY. GHANA, COTE DIVOIRE ARE EVEN SOCIALLY BETTER OFF THAN SOME EUROPEAN NATIONS BY LEVEL OF CORRUPTION AND SYNCHRONICITY OF PEOPLE WITH GOVERNMENT. NIGERIA IS THE DEADWEIGHT. IF NIGERIA HAD GOTTEN IT RIGHT, WEST AFRICA MAY HAVE BEEN AHEAD OF THE CARRIBEAN NATIONS BUT PRESENTLY THE CARRIBEAN NATIONS ARE BETTER OFF. THEIR MAIN DEADWEIGHT BEING HAITI WHICH IS A MORE SERIOUS COUNTRY THAN NIGERIA BUT POOR LIKE ETHIOPIA. NIGERIA IS RICHER THAN ETHIOPIA BUT ETHIOPIA IS MORE SERIOUS AND LESS CORRUPT. NIGERIA IS MOST SIMILAR TO RUSSIA CORRUPTION WISE BUT RUSSIA IS FAR MORE SERIOUS, PROUDER, FAR RICHER TOO AND IS A WORLD POWER.

NO TWO COUNTRIES OR EVEN REGIONS JUST LIKE NO TWO PEOPLE ARE ALIKE.

THEN GABON IS BETTER THAN CAMEROON OR SOUTH AFRICA BECAUSE THERE IS MORE EQUALITY IN GABON THAN IN THOSE TWO PLACES. GABON IS A TOP DESTINATION FOR EUROPEAN TOURIST. A SMALL NATION NOT MORE THAN IJESAS IN POPULATION IF UP TO.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Caribbeans Think Their Situation Is Better Than Africa? by onila(f): 1:57pm On Jun 13, 2017
Caribbeans have no culture, children everywhere

how is their situation better
Re: Why Do Caribbeans Think Their Situation Is Better Than Africa? by lepasharon(f): 7:57pm On Jun 13, 2017
onila:
Caribbeans have no culture, children everywhere

how is their situation better

they dont kill children for being witches,

i symapthise with them
Re: Why Do Caribbeans Think Their Situation Is Better Than Africa? by onila(f): 2:30am On Jun 14, 2017
bahamas/bahamians just too stupid

they think they are the uk of the Caribbean

but jamaica is the giant of the Caribbean

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Will You Allow Your Mother-in-law Live With You? - Funny Women / In Pictures: Yoruba Culture Practice In Trinidad And Tobago, Argentina, USA, Etc / "What Does It Mean To Be A Nigerian Or African?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.