Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy (40038 Views)

How Banks Now Defraud People Via ATM Withdrawal / Top 5 Millionaires Who Made Their Money Online And How They Did It / Top 10 Things Nigerians Spend Their Money On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by Nobody: 8:02am On Dec 25, 2016
I was in Kaduna, you should have seen the lines at the ATM machines, and within 3hrs, the money was finished and people almost broke the machines in anger. Anarchy is brewing in this country and the government visavis banks are foolishly making things worse by.....PREVENTING PEOPLE FROM TAKING THEIR OWN MONEY....THEIR OWN MONEY NOT STIPENDS! Let me tell you something this stubborn, heartless government...you can destroy the economy as much as you want, but if you dare try to prevent people from accessing their hard earned money under the hardship you have inflicted on us in this country, that's a call for anarchy. This is not APC or PDP, people are angry. This is just common sense! There is no doubt there is order from above to banks to limit cash withdrawals for liquidity reasons, if not...WHY IS THIS HAPPENING NOW? This has never happened before. We see this only happening in countries with failed economies as was seen in Greece where the government imposed austerity measures and limited cash withdrawals to control liquidity and reserve.

86 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by PresidentAtiku(m): 8:06am On Dec 25, 2016
And just to imagine that this government's supporters AKA Zombies were 'yabbing' MMM for freezing. With all the NDIC,CBN regulations over the banks, who is the real scammer now

226 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by 1wolex85: 8:09am On Dec 25, 2016
Knowledge9000:
I was in Kaduna, you should have seen the lines at the ATM machines, and within 3hrs, the money was finished and people almost broke the machines in anger. Anarchy is brewing in this country and the government visavis banks are foolishly making things worse by.....PREVENTING PEOPLE FROM TAKING THEIR OWN MONEY....THEIR OWN MONEY NOT STIPENDS! Let me tell you something this stubborn, heartless government...you can destroy the economy as much as you want, but if you dare try to prevent people from accessing their hard earned money under the hardship you have inflicted on us in this country, that's a call for anarchy. This is not APC or PDP, people are angry. This is just common sense!

Oga you need to calm down. Nobody is preventing anybody from having access to their money
Yes there is shortage of physical cash, people should use other channels, if you take your atm to a shop and pay via atm or you transfer money, it will still go. So it is wrong to say people are being denied access to their money
CBN has focused so much on the Dollar issue this year that they have not expanded on their cashless policy. That is the real issue.

I posted this on an earlier thread,
What CBN needs to do is deepen the implementation of Mobile Money. In Kenya, once I have your phone number, I can transfer money to you. This also saves a lot of money in printing cash. Another option is to take advantage of cash based businesses and use them as mobile money agents. For example, I should be able to walk into a Petrol station or supermarket, deposit money in their account through their POS and they give me the cash equivalent. It will help this businesses reduce their cash calls and bank trips.

121 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 25, 2016
1wolex85:
[s]

Oga you need to calm down. Nobody is preventing anybody from having access to their money
Yes there is shortage of physical cash, people should use other channels, if you take your atm to a shop and pay via atm or you transfer money, it will still go. So it is wrong to say people are being denied access to their money
CBN has focused so much on the Dollar issue this year that they have not expanded on their cashless policy. That is the real issue.[/s]

Are you okay? I know you are an afonja. Didn't you see your fathers and mothers sitting on the ground INSIDE Ekiti bank to withdraw their money? What other ways to access your money if not through physical withdrawals and ATM? I don't know what is wrong with how you guys reason.

287 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by Nobody: 8:19am On Dec 25, 2016
hope u people criticizing Mmm have seen now dat if everybody decides to withdraw money 4rm d bank at once it will lead to d eventual breakdown of it....

102 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by 1wolex85: 8:23am On Dec 25, 2016
Knowledge9000:

Are you okay? I know you are an afonja. Didn't you see your fathers and mothers sitting on the ground INSIDE Ekiti bank to withdraw their money? What other ways to access your money if not through physical withdrawals and ATM? I don't know what is wrong with how you guys reason.

You really don't need to throw insults. It's not necessary. Are you really saying there is no other way to access money apart from physical withdrawals? When you pay at a supermarket with your atm, have you not accessed your money? When you transfer to a customer via mobile money, have you not accessed your money? Shortage of physical cash is not and cannot prevent people from having access to their money in this 21st century.

105 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by redsceptic: 8:24am On Dec 25, 2016
1wolex85:

CBN has focused so much on the Dollar issue this year that they have not expanded on their cashless policy. That is the real issue.

I posted this on an earlier thread,
What CBN needs to do is deepen the implementation of Mobile Money. In Kenya, once I have your phone number, I can transfer money to you. This also saves a lot of money in printing cash. Another option is to take advantage of cash based businesses and use them as mobile money agents. For example, I should be able to walk into a Petrol station or supermarket, deposit money in their account through their POS and they give me the cash equivalent. It will help this businesses reduce their cash calls and bank trips.

Can you buy fuel with POS everywhere in Nigeria? In Benin where I live, only ONE filling station allows cashless transactions. Can you buy pepper? Chicken? salt? carrots? cucumber? groundnut oil? half crate of eggs? one loaf of bread? pampers? tin of baby food?

Can you pay your washerman with POS? or mai-guard? or tailor?

Nigeria is an informal and unstructured society. The cashless policy will not take hold for at least a decade. The CBN is incompetent else it should know this

299 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by bayelsaowei(m): 8:29am On Dec 25, 2016
1wolex85:

You really don't need to throw insults. It's not necessary. Are you really saying there is no other way to access money apart from physical withdrawals? When you pay at a supermarket with your atm, have you not accessed your money? When you transfer to a customer via mobile money, have you not accessed your money? Shortage of physical cash is not and cannot prevent people from having access to their money in this 21st century.
I hope you can pay bus conductors and taxis with via pos..i hope you can buy tomaotoes and other perishables via a pos...

Why do some people just wake up to support every suffering imposed on us all I can't understand...

Even with all the online avenues to transfer and receive cash in advanced countries people still can access their cash anyday anytime..

Please just shut the hell up if you have nothing more to say... angry angry

224 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 25, 2016
bayelsaowei:
I hope you can pay bus conductors and taxis with via pos..i hope you can buy tomaotoes and other perishables via a pos...

Why do some people just wake up to support every suffering imposed on us all I can't understand...

Even with all the online avenues to transfer and receive cash in advanced countries people still can access their cash anyday anytime..

Don't mind him. Asking me why I'm insulting him. My insult is justified for acting very stupid$

148 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by 1wolex85: 8:31am On Dec 25, 2016
redsceptic:

Can you buy fuel with POS everywhere in Nigeria? In Benin where I live, only ONE filling station allows cashless transactions. Can you buy pepper? Chicken? salt? carrots? cucumber? groundnut oil? half crate of eggs? one loaf of bread? pampers? tin of baby food?

Nigeria is an informal and unstructured society. The cashless policy will not take hold for at least a decade. The CBN is incompetent else it should know this

Yes sir you can buy all those things once you have the person's account number. Mobile Money will do the transfer for you and they will get alert and you take your foods except they don't have an account number. Please note I said it is true there is shortage of cash but it is wrong to say they blocked access to people's money. CBN has failed to enlighten the populace to take advantage of several e-channels available and note that there are mobile money Services where you don't need internet on your phone.

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by gunuvi(m): 8:33am On Dec 25, 2016
redsceptic:

Please stop engaging that guy again. He seems not to understand.

68 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by kingsamosy(m): 8:34am On Dec 25, 2016
an average Nigerian do not know about POS and e transaction. as CBN had performed poorly in this regards. don't you think it is wise for CBN to ensure people have easy access to their cash.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by 1wolex85: 8:35am On Dec 25, 2016
bayelsaowei:

Oga you need to read well and it's not necessary to throw insults. We can agree to disagree. This not about supporting any policy or suffering. Check by Wednesday if you will still see those queues there. So it is wrong to say people are being denied access to their money.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by 1wolex85: 8:38am On Dec 25, 2016
kingsamosy:
an average Nigerian do not know about POS and e transaction. as CBN had performed poorly in this regards. don't you think it is wise for CBN to ensure people have easy access to their cash.

I totally agree that CBN has performed poorly and yes I agree that there is a cash shortage. There is a difference between I don't have now and I am not giving you, the op is saying that they have deliberately blocked us from having access to our money which is not true. The moment I can't transfer or pay for goods and services with my Card then I will agree with him.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by patchsk(f): 8:42am On Dec 25, 2016
1wolex85:

Oga you need to read well and it's not necessary to throw insults. We can agree to disagree. This not about supporting any policy or suffering. Check by Wednesday if you will still see those queues there. So it is wrong to say people are being denied access to their money.

I think you're talking thrash.

How many people are banked in Nigeria?
And most importantly are you ignorant of the N100 fee on mobile transfers?

I buy pepper N50 and pay N100 commission.

207 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by Kx: 8:46am On Dec 25, 2016
It is well
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by AlhajiSpray(m): 8:47am On Dec 25, 2016
Knowledge9000:

Why does he have to be an afonja for giving you an alternative suggestion on your wailing thread? Can a Hausa, tiv, gwari, or delta man not give you the same advice?

It seems you are one of those flat headed tribalist demons from the east with the way you quickly focused on where the guy might be from rather than on his idea!

Useless pederast!

85 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by explorer250(m): 8:51am On Dec 25, 2016
AlhajiSpray:

Who is this drug dealing bastard? Now using an atm has become an administration's policy? Your _stupidity is hereditary so I'm not suprised! Flat headed _moron!

why are you cone heads hell bent on defending this administration? didn't we celebrate Christmas during other administration was there cash scarcity?
AlhajiSpray:

Who is this drug dealing bastard? Now using an atm has become an administration's policy? Your _stupidity is hereditary so I'm not suprised! Flat headed _moron!

kai see this product of infidelity! wasn't ATM functional in previous administrations? why must bubu own be different ? you are just a Fulani slave always doing the bid of your master. reply me whenever illorin has an oba. AFONJAÀAÀAAAAAAAAAÀAAAAAAAAAAÀAAAAAAAAAAAAÀAAAAAAAÀAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAÀAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNÑNNNJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJAAAAAAAAAAAÀAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAÀAA

http://www.nigerianmonitor.com/?attachment_id=75148

just in Ogun state alone

AlhajiSpray:

Hate filled eastern backward ritual loving bastard pretending to be civilised

how dare you call easterners ritualist? OGA we still be learner for where una dey. Ogun state alone
this gives me joy

human mutilators

60 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by Nobody: 8:53am On Dec 25, 2016
AlhajiSpray:
[s]

Why does he have to be an afonja for giving you an alternative suggestion on your wailing thread? Can a Hausa, tiv, gwari, or delta man not give you the same advice?

It seems you are one of those flat headed tribalist demons from the east with the way you quickly focused on where the guy might be from rather than on his idea!

Useless pederast![/s]

Afonja crew!

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by 1wolex85: 8:54am On Dec 25, 2016
patchsk:

I think you're talking thrash.

How many people are banked in Nigeria?
And most importantly are you ignorant of the N100 fee on mobile transfers?

I buy pepper N50 and pay N100 commission.

Again, we can agree to disagree. To you it's trash, I am only responsible for what I say not what you understand.
I haven't said cash should be eliminated but the truth is whether you like it or not, there would have been much less people at the atms if mobile money has been implemented properly. Not everybody on the queue was going to buy 50 Naira pepper some were going to buy much higher value and rather than queue for hours would gladly pay the 100 Naira charge.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by AlhajiSpray(m): 8:57am On Dec 25, 2016
tankara1010:

Afonja crew!

Drug peddling inyamiri crew

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 25, 2016
AlhajiSpray:

Drug peddling iyanmiri crew

Afonja pretending to be northerner. I won't let you drag northerner into this with your innate treachery, divisive and deceptive tendencies.

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by 7agaza(m): 9:00am On Dec 25, 2016
Please the issue is not the commission. I once paid with my card in a petrol station. I was debited and it didn't go thru. I tried more than 3times and it didn't go thru... And for each time I tried I was been debited.... So who is to be blamed then?

14 Likes

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by patchsk(f): 9:00am On Dec 25, 2016
AlhajiSpray:

Useless pederast!

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 25, 2016
AlhajiSpray:

Drug peddling inyamiri crew

Lets see who the real drug pushers are...

Veteran Guitarist for King Sunny Ade, Fatoke Abiodun arrested for Drug Trafficking | Allegedly Attempted to Transport Cocaine to Italy

https://www.bellanaija.com/2013/01/veteran-guitarist-for-king-sunny-ade-fatoke-abiodun-arrested-for-cocaine-trafficking-allegedly-attempted-to-transport-cocaine-to-italy/

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by AlhajiSpray(m): 9:05am On Dec 25, 2016
[quote author=patchsk post=52238896][/quote]

Dull bonobo monkey! You have to be copying your other _faggoty brother in _stupidity! Go and find another picture and be creative you this rotten akpu swallowing swamp dweller!

7 Likes

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 25, 2016
grin
Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by patchsk(f): 9:06am On Dec 25, 2016
AlhajiSpray:

Amala with Ewedu don block your reasoning.

Afonja!

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 25, 2016
AlhajiSpray:

Hate filled eastern backward ritual loving bastard pretending to be civilised

I like to deal with facts. Lets see who is really backward and uncivilized. The thread below, colonial whites described Igbos as "civilized" and described yorubaas as "barbaric and savages". That when they arrived Lagos coast they saw yorubaas cutting their faces with sharp objects, there was blood everywhere. It was disgusting the colonial whites said. See facts!

https://www.nairaland.com/2539196/hahaha-see-what-colonial-oyibo

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy by explorer250(m): 9:11am On Dec 25, 2016
AlhajiSpray:

kai see this product of infidelity! wasn't ATM functional in previous administrations? why must bubu own be different ? you are just a Fulani slave always doing the bid of your master. reply me whenever illorin has an oba. AFONJAÀAÀAAAAAAAAAÀAAAAAAAAAAÀAAAAAAAAAAAAÀAAAAAAAÀAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAÀAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNÑNNNJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJAAAAAAAAAAAÀAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAÀAA

Why are yaribas this wicked?

25 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated / Herbert Wigwe's Cryptic Post Hints At ‘End Of Life’ / Step By Steps To Open Fiverr Account And Create Best Selling Gigs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.