Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

My Mechanic Has Done It Again! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Mechanic Has Done It Again! (1675 Views)

My Mechanic Has Been Looking 4 This Gear Box / I Need A Mechanic Has Good Knowledge Of Ford Vehicles / What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mechanic Has Done It Again! by Unionised(m): 1:20pm On Dec 25, 2016
Abeg, I don tire to dey donate for my mechanic.

Rav4 2003 version

My Stabilizer Rod has broken again! That is my Christmas present from him. Car just came back yesterday from his workshop. I noticed some strange sounds under the hood and imediately called him to take it away. It spent 3 days with him before he certified it ok. Now I've just driven the thing for 20 minutes and rod is broken! Grrrrrrrrr

Admitted my road is not the smoothest but 3 times broken in a year?

Something is amiss jare!

I need a new mechanic joor. No, I need an engineer.

Any one?

Let me list the issues you will be tackling now:

1. Fix my broken rod while tracing the source of the problem. I believe the system is not really balanced.

2. The drivers window makes some serious queeky noise while winding up or down, and this after some surgery last month. SMH.

3. The car drags alot. I know this because the mechanic says the fuel filter/pump is dirty whenever I complain. He cleans or changes them, I enjoy a smooth ride for say a week or two, then we are back to square one.

4. Engjne has been tropicalised (their word ooo). It means my fans are running riot. Hate that noise! Abeg, I need a temperature regulator, abi na thermostat? My mech says the car will over-heat if I try it. Well, yeah, I want to try it now.

Any takers please?

I stay in Lagos.

My playgrounds are Ikeja, Alausa, Agege, Ishage and environs.

....?....

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Mechanic Has Done It Again! by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 25, 2016
Let me have a seat while we wait for experts.

I don't have any advice to give yet.
Re: My Mechanic Has Done It Again! by nwaanambra1(m): 1:28pm On Dec 25, 2016
call oga gazzuzz

https://www.nairaland.com/gazzuzz

remember to thank me later

1 Like

Re: My Mechanic Has Done It Again! by mayor2013: 2:03pm On Dec 25, 2016
As for number 1; come to think of it the mechanic might not be getting the right sway bar link for that car reason for consistent breakage. There is absolutely nuffin so big fixing a sway bar link if he gets the right one

As for number 2: the motor inside the car maybe giving way or the mechanism is giving way. Sometimes it could be as a result of water that gets in through the windows down to the door thay causes moisture so therefore rust would prevail

As for number 3: a thorough diagnosis would reveal what ia going on. Scan the ride. Your car is obd2 compliant. You can't continue to change fuel pump like who is changing a baby's pampers grin

As for number 4: how long has your car been tropicalised?
Re: My Mechanic Has Done It Again! by Unionised(m): 2:12pm On Dec 25, 2016
mayor2013:
As for number 1; come to think of it the mechanic might not be getting the right sway bar link for that car reason for consistent breakage. There is absolutely nuffin so big fixing a sway bar link if he gets the right one

Hmmmmmm

As for number 2: the motor inside the car maybe giving way or the mechanism is giving way. Sometimes it could be as a result of water that gets in through the windows down to the door thay causes moisture so therefore rust would prevail

They said weak motor at some point. Now its been changed its worse. Spoiling the glass by the day.

As for number 3: a thorough diagnosis would reveal what ia going on. Scan the ride. Your car is obd2 compliant. You can't continue to change fuel pump like who is changing a baby's pampers grin

Yes it is. Nothing comes out of diagnosis. Maybe I need i bigger scanner?

As for number 4: how long has your car been tropicalised?

2 years sir. 2 years of annoying fan noise.
Re: My Mechanic Has Done It Again! by mayor2013: 2:19pm On Dec 25, 2016
Unionised:

2 years sir. 2 years of annoying fan noise.

If they bought a bad motor or didn't fix it well problem would continue. Your fans can reset back to factory settings
Re: My Mechanic Has Done It Again! by Unionised(m): 2:33pm On Dec 25, 2016
mayor2013:

If they bought a bad motor or didn't fix it well problem would continue. Your fans can reset back to factory settings

I need a mechanic.
Re: My Mechanic Has Done It Again! by boldx(m): 3:27pm On Dec 25, 2016
#A mechanic needs you.

1 Like

Re: My Mechanic Has Done It Again! by aieromon(m): 4:28pm On Dec 25, 2016
I can only imagine what the Kazeems have done to your vehicle. cry cry

You dey scream gazzuzz name abi? Hope you won't run when he slams you with his charges.

"Good soup,na only money fit cook am".
Re: My Mechanic Has Done It Again! by Unionised(m): 5:29pm On Dec 25, 2016
aieromon:

You dey scream gazzuzz name abi? Hope you won't run when he slams you with his charges.

Hmmmm...

Try me first.

1 Like

Re: My Mechanic Has Done It Again! by semid4lyfe(m): 6:54pm On Dec 26, 2016
aieromon:

Gazzuzz is honest and his labour charge (workmanship) is fair. I talk from personal experience.
Re: My Mechanic Has Done It Again! by Fogman(m): 7:36pm On Dec 26, 2016
Look no further than the boss himself GAZZUZZ.!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Suitable Car For A Retiree? / The 2020 Toyota Alphard Executive Lounge Now In Nigeria / I Need A Car For Uber/bolt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.