Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,317 members, 7,780,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:01 PM

Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder (59059 Views)

Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever / I Have Started Hating God This Days, I Think Religion Is A Scam / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by DangotePikin: 10:50pm On Dec 25, 2016
RELIGION IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME AND I AM NOT ATHEIST - FACEBOOK FOUNDER, MARK ZUCKERBERG DECLARES

I stalk Mark Zuckerberg on Facebook since he usually replies comments himself. Today, he was wishing people Merry Christmas, and people started asking him various personal questions. Below are some of the top questions and the answers he gave.

Q: But why Facebook doesn't notify that it's Jesus birthday today??
MZ: You aren't friends with Jesus on Facebook?

Q: But aren't you atheist?
MZ: No. I was raised jewish and then I went through a period where I questioned things, but now I believe religion is very important.

https://www.facebook.com/zuck/posts/10103363940448171?comment_id=10103363945378291&reply_comment_id=1852873111664385&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R9%22%7D

57 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by DangotePikin: 10:55pm On Dec 25, 2016
Seun, amokeme, feran15, kingebukasblog, ishilove

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by mostyg(m): 11:00pm On Dec 25, 2016
Everyone has a religion. You either worship God or your desire.
You either allow your creator,God to dictate your affairs or your desire to guide you.

This is from Islamic perspective.

111 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by Oche211(m): 11:04pm On Dec 25, 2016
mostyg:
You either allow your creator,God to dictate your affairs or your desire to guide you.
Gbam! period!!!

15 Likes

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by DangotePikin: 11:09pm On Dec 25, 2016
mostyg:
the context in which he used religion is a belief in a supreme being which is clearly not within the confines of atheism. I also like the fact that he gave a direct "NO" as an answer when asked about atheism. He was a religious rationalist, but NEVER an atheist.

88 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by Nobody: 11:16pm On Dec 25, 2016
... Noted!
Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by kodded(m): 11:33pm On Dec 25, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Cc KingEbukasBlog

Winner01

4everGod

202 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by DeSepiero(m): 11:37pm On Dec 25, 2016
grin
Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by datola: 11:40pm On Dec 25, 2016
Copy copy and follow follow atheists, how market?

93 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:52pm On Dec 25, 2016
Mark Zukerberg thinks that questioning religion makes one an atheist but he is wrong .

Read here to know why

https://www.nairaland.com/3500235/must-read-god-without-religion

Anyway I just confirmed it myself grin Thanks DangotePikin cool

Mark Zukerberg has officially rejected atheism (though calling him an atheist is a misnomer ) .

Atheism is indeed a transitive state cheesy cheesy

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by Nobody: 11:54pm On Dec 25, 2016
DangotePikin:
RELIGION IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME AND I AM NOT ATHEIST - FACEBOOK FOUNDER, MARK ZUCKERBERG DECLARES

I stalk Mark Zuckerberg on Facebook since he usaully replies comments himself. Today, he was wishing people Merry Christmas, and people started asking him various personal questions. Below are some of the top questions and the answers he gave.

Q: Damn, I love the fact that the owner of Facebook does actually replies to people who use Facebook.
MZ: Well, I love talking to people in our community.

Q: You forgot Jarvis, I thought he was part of the family.
MZ: Not a full member yet, one day perhaps we will include our Als.

Q: But why Facebook doesn't notify that it's Jesus birthday today??
MZ: You aren't friends with Jesus on Facebook?

Q: But aren't you atheist?
MZ: No. I was raised jewish and then I went through a period where I questioned things, but now I believe religion is very important.
; He says he believes religion is important ; which of course it is to his patrons , who patronises his platform; and as such he is suppose to wish them well as they mark their event. .

I'm Christian; but to be true with us, religion has a way of dimming ones mind and make u very bleak and dismal in reasoning; it doesn't help u delve into that pool of inquisition, to find answers to the unknown; reason why most inventors whose ideas have changed mankind are atheist ; and Africa which is very religion have always lived in mediocrity and have never invented anything to help humanity...

88 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by felixomor: 11:58pm On Dec 25, 2016
Seun come and see something
shocked grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:59pm On Dec 25, 2016
kodded:
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Cc KingEbukasBlog

Winner01

4everGod

Lmao !!!!

According to him , he went through a period[TRANSITION) where he questioned things

That means the guy was never an atheist , he was a religious skeptic or a deist . Calling him an atheist is a misnomer . I think Mark Zuckerberg was a deist who has now rejected deism not atheism .

Mark Zukerberg is now officially a theist .

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by felixomor: 12:00am On Dec 26, 2016
Where them dey?
grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by DangotePikin: 12:02am On Dec 26, 2016
PaulKillerman:
; He says he believes religion is important ; which of course it is to his patrons , who patronises his platform; and as such he is suppose to wish them well as they mark their event. .

I'm Christian; but to be true with us, religion has a way of dimming ones mind and make u very bleak and dismal in reasoning; it doesn't help u delve into that pool of inquisition, to find answers to the unknown; reason why most inventors whose ideas have changed mankind are atheist ; and Africa which is very religion have always lived in mediocrity and have never invented anything to help humanity...
there are millions of muslims on Facebook, he doesn't wish them barka de salah with his personal account during islamic holidays, the argument about christians using his platform as the reason for his post doesn't really hold water. I have been following him for a while and I can tell you that he isn't a kind of person that says things on his personal account just to please people. He'll rather not comment on things that are too sensitive for him.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:06am On Dec 26, 2016
PaulKillerman:

You are not a Christian and most inventors were never atheists . This a lie from a pit of Hell

Most inventors were Christians and deists . Even the founders of Modern Science where Christians and Muslims . Albert Einstein , Max Planck , , Blaise Pachal Mark Twain , Wright Brothers , Plato , Aristotle , Socrates , Leonardo da Vinci( a PolyMath ) ,Thomas Paine , Thomas Edison , Isaac Newton , Rene Descartes , Copernicus , Max Born(founder of Quantum mechanics ) Charles Babbage (father of computers )etc the greatest of all greats acknowledged the existence of God

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christians_in_science_and_technology

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_deists

The owners of Yahoo , SnapChat , Google , Facebook ( cool ) , Microsoft , Twitter , Ford Motor Company and so so so many more believe in God

While atheists made picayune achievements

103 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by kodded(m): 12:13am On Dec 26, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Lmao !!!!

According he went through a period[TRANSITION) where he questioned things

That means the guy was never an atheist , he was a religious skeptic or a deist . Calling him an atheist is a misnomer . I think Mark Zukerberg was a deist who has now rejected deism not atheism .

watch as they will avoid this thread like plaque cheesy cheesy

Modify: most of them will start claiming that they are Christians e.g the clown above grin

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by 4kings: 12:16am On Dec 26, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Lmao !!!!

According he went through a period[TRANSITION) where he questioned things

That means the guy was never an atheist , he was a religious skeptic or a deist . Calling him an atheist is a misnomer . I think Mark Zukerberg was a deist who has now rejected deism not atheism .

"A theist"??
I dont think that was made clear.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by MBush(m): 12:16am On Dec 26, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You are not a Christian and most inventors were never atheists . This a lie from a pit of Hell

Most inventors were Christians and deists .

That's how they keep deceiving them. by telling them that most inventors were atheist...

Whereas , majority were staunch Christians..!!

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:24am On Dec 26, 2016
kodded:
watch as they will avoid this thread like plaque cheesy cheesy

Modify: most of them will start claiming that they are Christians e.g the clown above grin

grin grin grin

Lmaooo .....

See as Mark Zuckerberg take embarrass atheists on Christmas Day grin grin grin grin

84 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by felixomor: 12:28am On Dec 26, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

grin grin grin

Lmaooo .....

See as Mark Zukerberg take embarrass atheists on Christmas Day grin grin grin grin

Lool. grin
Akintom, hahn, eyehategod, Deicide, Jonbellion, HopefulLandlord, MrMontella are u guys around?

We need ur comments here.

2 Likes

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by kodded(m): 12:32am On Dec 26, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

grin grin grin

Lmaooo .....

See as Mark Zukerberg take embarrass atheists on Christmas Day grin grin grin grin

Am sure most of them are still in shock

..please what is Nigeria emergency number in case of heart attack cheesy grin grin grin

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:33am On Dec 26, 2016
4kings:

"A theist"??
I dont think that was made clear.

1. He was explicit about his rejection of Atheism and Agnosticism ..."I went though a period where I questioned things"

2. He was explicit about his religious skepticism

3. He accepts Religion as important .

If he were a deist , he would never have accepted religion because Deism clearly rejects religion . We are left with only theism .

It's obvious Mark thought questioning religious beliefs makes one an atheist (which is wrong anyway) . From Mark's point of view ,embracing religion now is akin to acknowledging God's existence .

15 Likes

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:35am On Dec 26, 2016
felixomor:

Lool. grin
eyehategod, Deicide, Jonbellion, HopefulLandlord, MrMontella are u guys around?

I saw hopefullanlord and he skedaddled immediately . cheesy

Mark Zuckerberg has ruined their Christmas

37 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by kodded(m): 12:38am On Dec 26, 2016
felixomor:

Lool. grin
eyehategod, Deicide, Jonbellion, HopefulLandlord, MrMontella are u guys around?

for where

Watch as they will avoid this thread like Ebola

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:41am On Dec 26, 2016
kodded:

Am sure most of them are still in shock

..please what is Nigeria emergency number in case of heart attack cheesy grin grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:47am On Dec 26, 2016
MBush:

That's how they keep deceiving them. by telling them that most inventors were atheist...

Whereas , majority were staunch Christians..!!

Exactly !!!

4 Likes

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by 4kings: 12:50am On Dec 26, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

1. He was explicit about his rejection of Atheism
Yes

2. He was explicit about his religious skepticism
Yes

3. He accepts Religion as important .
Yes

If he were a deist , he would never have accepted religion because Deism clearly rejects religion . We are left with only theism .
Rejecting religion in the philosophical sense, yes
But deist dont reject religion in the sense you are portraying, lets use Thomas Jefferson as an example, he was most likely a deist but had no issues with the moral teachings of Christianity, just like Sir DeepSight here on NL.
So acknowledging religion does not really say anything definite.
However, he could be a theist, but his statement does not make that clear.

It's obvious Mark thought questioning religious beliefs makes one an atheist .
How do you know this?
From Mark's point of view ,embracing religion now is akin to acknowledging God's existence .
Like, deism, pantheism, and so on.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by kodded(m): 12:52am On Dec 26, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

grin grin grin

the brave ones (unintelligent atheist) will soon troop in to show their anger grin grin grin

Winner01 is missing big time m

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by winner01(m): 1:24am On Dec 26, 2016
When I said you cant compare Zuckerberg with nairaland angry babies atheists, some atheists were jumping upandan grin grin

Mark is wicked mehn, hn jus disown them.

Nairaland Atheists right now. grin grin

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by 4kings: 1:26am On Dec 26, 2016
winner01 shocked from whence cometh thou?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:26am On Dec 26, 2016
winner01:
When I said you cant compare Zuckerberg with nairaland angry babies atheists, some atheists were jumping upandan grin grin

Mark is wicked mehn, hn jus disown them.

Nairaland Atheists right now. grin grin

Merry Christmas bro

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Port Harcourt Pastor Attempts Suicide, Says His Church Has 15 Members Since 2000 / The Chosen Church And The Failed Miracle Ala Lazarus / Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.