Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,520 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:46 PM

Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder - Religion (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder (59301 Views)

Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever / I Have Started Hating God This Days, I Think Religion Is A Scam / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by hahn(m): 3:13pm On Dec 26, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Hehehehehehehehe

me self shock when I see "I'm an atheist and proud to be one" he's edited his post now while accusing you of doctoring his post

liars everywhere

Lol. This deserves a thread on it's own? cheesy grin
Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:13pm On Dec 26, 2016
hahn:

Ehya. My mom died in 2007. Never met my dad. Been on the streets since 14. Have my own business, married too. NO kids yet though but soon.

Wait, you are an atheist? undecided

Why did you change his text ? Are you this desperate shocked shocked shocked

grin grin
Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by 4evergod3: 3:15pm On Dec 26, 2016
MrMontella:

stop lying sire...

I quoted your original comment and it was so...
That was why i said ''atheist don block your head''

your obsession with atheism is becoming something that need to be checked undecided

The day you see me declare for atheism you can shoot me dead. Not after all the wonderful experiences God has shown me and put me through so gracefully and deliberately.

Life is good and getting better daily and i am indeed grateful to God the giver and keeper of my life.

Transit umbra, lux permanet
Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by hopefulLandlord: 3:18pm On Dec 26, 2016
hahn:

Lol. This deserves a thread on it's own? cheesy grin

lol, that was probably a confession from the heart grin most likely Freudian slip

he's a closet atheist

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by 4evergod3: 3:22pm On Dec 26, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

grin grin

They want to use me as a replacement for Zuckerberg. I know they would throw a mega party if that ever happened grin grin

Some are even claiming that i may be a closet atheist. My brother Ebuka they need to generate warmth while sitting on the lonely cold park bench so the more imaginary numbers in their group the better for them

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by Nobody: 3:24pm On Dec 26, 2016
Of course religion is important... But only to the wise and intelligent. Those who knows how to use it achieve peace of mind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by hopefulLandlord: 3:26pm On Dec 26, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

grin grin

lolz say what you know!

your brother was the one that later tried to correct his Freudian slip by claiming someone changed his text

he changed his own text later from Atheist to Christian

if you're looking for the desperate one, kindly ask the person accusing someone else of changing his text

1 Like

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by hahn(m): 3:28pm On Dec 26, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 26, 2016
Okay and? "Zuckerburg isnt atheist so now I cant be too"-Said no one....
Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by hopefulLandlord: 3:31pm On Dec 26, 2016
hahn:

Chai!!!

e be lyk say that topic go make sense o!
Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:33pm On Dec 26, 2016
hahn:

Because we have not SEEN this creator. If a god can create all of this, then where is it? In the mind of it's followers? undecided

I wanted to respond with a long post but no .

According to hahn , because I've not seen who designed the chair I'm sitting on , therefore the designer does not exist .

hahn:
Theists claim that there is a creator but there are over 4200 religions in the world. Which god is the correct one if it exists?

I argue for a created universe , a complex functional orderly system and not the nature of the creator .

hahn:
I am not a scientist. All I know is that there is no proof that any god exists and we do not know the origin of the world. If god exists, we wouldn't be arguing about it the same way we do not argue about the existence of the sun undecided

We can observe some part of the universe and from our observation , the universe has been proven to have a beginning . This only suggests one thing , it was caused to exist .

People who argue against the existence of God are living in denial .

hahn:
Theists believe the world was created but the creator was not created. That is a logical absurdity undecided

How is a logical absurdity ? Please explain .

hahn:
And your proof of this beginning is?

1. The universe keeps expanding

2. Albert Einstein’s theory of relativity indicates that the universe was an effect , not a cause . It was caused to exist

3. Galaxies keep moving apart from each other . It only indicates that they were closer at some point .

4. The radiation echo / The afterglow of the Big Bang

Please read Stephen Hawking " The Beginning of Time" : http://www.hawking.org.uk/the-beginning-of-time.html

hahn:
My discovery that Jehovah doesn't exist? It is the same reason why you do not believe and follow Allah and other 4200 gods. Very simple

I meant the creator of the universe .
Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by uvalued(m): 3:34pm On Dec 26, 2016
MrMontella:

he is no more an atheist...

Simple

why are you rejoicing?

am laffing becos you pips label him as one and he gave u guys clinical response

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by hahn(m): 3:34pm On Dec 26, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I wanted to respond with a long post but no .

According to hahn , because I've not seen who designed the chair I'm sitting on , therefore the designer does not exist .

I argue for a created universe , a complex functional orderly system and not the nature of the creator .

We can observe some part of the universe and from our observation , the universe has been proven to have a beginning . This only suggests one thing , it was caused to exist .

People who argue against the existence of God are living in denial .

How is a logical absurdity ? Please explain .

1. The universe keeps expanding

2. Albert Einstein’s theory of relativity indicates that the universe was an effect , not an effect . It was caused to exist

3. Galaxies keep moving apart from each other . It only indicates that they were closer at some point .

4. The radiation echo / The afterglow of the Big Bang

Please read Stephen Hawking " The Beginning of Time" : http://www.hawking.org.uk/the-beginning-of-time.html

I meant the creator of the universe .

We will not go anywhere if you cannot give the name of this said creator of the universe

2 Likes

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:37pm On Dec 26, 2016
hahn:

We will not go anywhere if you cannot give the name of this said creator of the universe

Lol . At least acknowledge that the creator exists - its a big step towards understanding Its nature .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by hahn(m): 3:40pm On Dec 26, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Lol . At least acknowledge that the creator exists - its a big step towards understanding Its nature .

Why acknowledge something that has not been proven? By your logic, we might as well acknowledge the existence of Santa claus since that will be "a big step towards understanding Its nature" undecided

2 Likes

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:41pm On Dec 26, 2016
hahn:

Why acknowledge something that has not been proven? By your logic, we might as well acknowledge the existence of Santa claus since that will be "a big step towards understanding Its nature" undecided

Not proven ?

I have proven the existence of a creator to you , as far the universe was caused to exist , a creator exists . cool

2 Likes

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by Padipadi(m): 3:42pm On Dec 26, 2016
MrMontella:
okay okay... Are you happy now?
Now run along boy or man or whatever!
shut up

1 Like

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by hahn(m): 3:46pm On Dec 26, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Not proven ?

I have proven the existence of a creator to you , as far the universe was caused to exist , a creator exists . cool

Which creator? Allah?
Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by mekkfreshboy(m): 3:49pm On Dec 26, 2016

This topic has been removed from front page. correct me if I am wrong. If really is was removed then Seun has lost my respect. I am Jewish, welcome back home Mark
Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by Seun(m): 3:51pm On Dec 26, 2016
mekkfreshboy:
This topic has been removed from front page. correct me if I am wrong.
You are wrong.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by Mcowubaba: 3:55pm On Dec 26, 2016
randomperson:

Seriously, I just understand how threatened Christians feel by atheism now. Funny thing is that u don't even see the Muslims touching themselves because somebody became a Buddhist... Seems they are not as desperate as the Christians here
This is simply because Atheist are scared of talking about Atheism to Muslims, or mocking their faith.

You guys would be lynched immediately grin Muslims no get time for nonsense talk.
Even your Chief Atheist Atheist here on Nairaland, locked Muslim section. U must take an oath before you are allowed to comment grin

You guys exploit the cool handedness of Christians, that's why u keep mocking the Christian religion and Bible.
Every Atheist can post shiit about Christianity on Facebook or other social media, try that with Islam..
Cowards

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by 4evergod3: 4:00pm On Dec 26, 2016
hahn:

The legend of Santa Claus can be traced back hundreds of years to a monk named St. Nicholas. It is believed that Nicholas was born sometime around 280 A.D. in Patara, near Myra in modern-day Turkey. Much admired for his piety and kindness, St. Nicholas became the subject of many legends. It is said that he gave away all of his inherited wealth and traveled the countryside helping the poor and sick. One of the best known of the St. Nicholas stories is that he saved three poor sisters from being sold into slavery or prostitution by their father by providing them with a dowry so that they could be married. Over the course of many years, Nicholas’s popularity spread and he became known as the protector of children and sailors. His feast day is celebrated on the anniversary of his death, December 6. This was traditionally considered a lucky day to make large purchases or to get married. By the Renaissance, St. Nicholas was the most popular saint in Europe. Even after the Protestant Reformation, when the veneration of saints began to be discouraged, St. Nicholas maintained a positive reputation, especially in Holland.

http://www.history.com/topics/christmas/santa-claus

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by Smyblueboy(m): 4:01pm On Dec 26, 2016
great
Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by GoodMuyis(m): 4:12pm On Dec 26, 2016
Nairaland atheist will cry blood very soon, they will think Dangote trailer Jam them
Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by hahn(m): 4:13pm On Dec 26, 2016
4evergod3:

The legend of Santa Claus can be traced back hundreds of years to a monk named St. Nicholas. It is believed that Nicholas was born sometime around 280 A.D. in Patara, near Myra in modern-day Turkey. Much admired for his piety and kindness, St. Nicholas became the subject of many legends. It is said that he gave away all of his inherited wealth and traveled the countryside helping the poor and sick. One of the best known of the St. Nicholas stories is that he saved three poor sisters from being sold into slavery or prostitution by their father by providing them with a dowry so that they could be married. Over the course of many years, Nicholas’s popularity spread and he became known as the protector of children and sailors. His feast day is celebrated on the anniversary of his death, December 6. This was traditionally considered a lucky day to make large purchases or to get married. By the Renaissance, St. Nicholas was the most popular saint in Europe. Even after the Protestant Reformation, when the veneration of saints began to be discouraged, St. Nicholas maintained a positive reputation, especially in Holland.

http://www.history.com/topics/christmas/santa-claus

So, Santa Claus is real?

undecided
Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by rhektor(m): 4:13pm On Dec 26, 2016
randomperson:

*facepalm*

Random person what is your problem with this please?
Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by 4evergod3: 4:26pm On Dec 26, 2016
hahn:

So, Santa Claus is real?

undecided

Santa claus is a Legend. He is not Real. He was built around Saint Nicholas. Even you should know this.
Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by hahn(m): 4:34pm On Dec 26, 2016
4evergod3:

Santa claus is a Legend. He is not Real. He was built around Saint Nicholas. Even you should know this.

Same with Jehovah abi?
Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by AngelicBeing: 4:39pm On Dec 26, 2016
DangotePikin:
the context in which he used religion is a belief in a supreme being which is clearly not within the confines of atheism. I also like the fact that he gave a direct "NO" as an answer when asked about atheism. He was a religious rationalist, but NEVER an atheist.
tongue
Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by 4evergod3: 4:48pm On Dec 26, 2016
Seun opened a counter thread on this and this is his quote

Seun(m): 2:48pm
On facebook, in reply to his Christmas and Hanukkah greeting, someone asked Mark Zuckerberg, "but aren't you atheist?" He replied, "No. I was raised Jewish and then I went through a period where I questioned things, but now I believe religion is very important."

https://www.facebook.com/zuck/posts/10103363940448171

This is unfortunate. If not for the explicit "no", I would have said that he was dodging the question, but he said it. He threw atheism under the bus. He has made it very clear to everybody that he doesn't identify as an atheist and doesn't want to be considered as an atheist. Bless him. This doesn't mean he's not an atheist, of course; an atheist is simply someone who doesn't hold a belief in the existence of any God.

I don't believe for one second that Mark believes in the existence of the Jewish God. The one who forbade Jews from eating pork instead of teaching them how to cook it properly. Who created foreskins to protect the sensitive tips of male organs, but then ordered the Jews to cut them off their newborn babies. Who permitted Jews to enslave foreigners and treat them as property, even though he created all people. Who made women menstruate but then declared that a menstruating woman is unclean, and anyone who touches her - even her husband - is also unclean. Who banished children of single parents and their descendants from entering his temple for 400 years (the 10th generation).

I don't believe that Mark believes in that God. And since he hasn't talked about any other God, I continue to believe that he is an atheist. He may choose to call himself an agnostic, a cultural Jew, or whatever helps Facebook and his family, but that doesn't mean he's not an atheist.

I have never seen this much pain in one person in a long time. He is hurting bad over this news so much so that he is now debating with himself. He is asking the questions and answering the question all by himself. Is this not gradually becoming a psychiatric episode?

If anyone has Seuns number please call him o before we begin to hear stories that touch.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

Ruga: Eedris Abdulkareem Protests At RCCG Camp, Insists Adeboye Must Take Stand / Pastor Chris And Ex-wife, Anita’s Divorce Explained / Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.