Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,488 members, 7,781,466 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:52 PM

Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder (59069 Views)

Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever / I Have Started Hating God This Days, I Think Religion Is A Scam / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:41am On Dec 26, 2016
4everGod:

There are only 2 options.

Either he has returned to Judaism or he is now a theist. Either way is good because Judaism is a step away from Christianity which means he is now open to the light of Gods word and can find his way to him easier unlike atheism which denies God in every way.

He is one step from Christianity and 10 trillion steps from atheism. Go figure!

Exactly ! ooo

Judaism or just theism . Or maybe a deist who just sees religion as important

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by babyfaceafrica: 9:41am On Dec 26, 2016
felixomor:

Bros, its not really "laxity"

Many of them became atheists to justify their sin and fornications.
They dont want to feel the burdens of always asking God for forgiveness.

So they look for every possible reason to deny God
They even go as far as denying the supernatural.

They become desperate.
Many of them force themselves to believe theory of evolution. Anything goes.

Smh
what do you mean,its not really laxity?...there are problems in Christianity ,which needs attention...you better accept that...if you don't mend those laxities ,people will countinue to question their christainity.I have disdain for people who don't want to accept that there is a problem and ho just want to blame people......lots of christain leaders now preach prosperity over salvation,ride jeeps,while the members trek...we have very few chrstai role models now...fix this holes andmaybe christainity will return to how it is suppose to be.......shalom!!
Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 26, 2016
randomperson:

U are just grasping at straws here... How many people convert from Judaism to Christianity... There's even no reason to do that since Jews are more successful than Christians...
BTW, u always try to distance yourself from Judaism especially when we identify barbaric acts of your god in the old testament

Help your ignorance

Youtube is loaded with them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_converts_to_Christianity_from_Judaism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTy00NTovYI

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by felixomor: 9:43am On Dec 26, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
what do you mean,its not really laxity?...there are problems in Christianity ,which needs attention...you better accept that...if you don't mend those laxities ,people will countinue to question their christainity.I have disdain for people who don't want to accept that there is a problem and ho just want to blame people......lots of christain leaders now preach prosperity over salvation,ride jeeps,while the members trek...we have very few chrstai role models now...fix this holes andmaybe christainity will return to how it is suppose to be.......shalom!!

My brother
Even since the days of Paul and Peter, people of Christianity had issues.
Go and read Corinthians.

No excuses.

Shalom

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by rhektor(m): 9:43am On Dec 26, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

we don't hide

I'm glad someone leaving atheism for non Christianity can make you guys so happy like you're on cloud nine, it shows the level of damage we've done to your camp

what does this mean?

Pitiful that's the meaning

I feel your pain but it happens like that at times. Since you decided to deny the obvious and cling to a deception of evolution keep it up.
I'm not surprised a breed of Chimp can't reason like a human no matter what level of education and training it might have been through.

Cheers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 26, 2016
felixomor:

Just look at u making yeye claims again.

"Jews are more successful" blah blah...
Mschew...
If they expose u now, u will change mouth like swallowing python.

Mscheww

That randomperson guy is like a human yoyo. The guy is not to be taken seriously

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by ZoneBslayer(m): 9:45am On Dec 26, 2016
Dalek:

one doesn't need a BOOK?? good u said dat den why don't people think and reason for themselves instead of going by holy books?? going by your flaccid logic
man has always walked the earth with an imbedded awareness of a Creator thousands of years before the Bible was compiled..so I don't need a book to tell me I was put here by design and not by random dumb luck and chance by random exploding gases...
Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 26, 2016
Looolll!!

You Christians are brutal grin grin grin

I have been laughing at the atheist shade and memes on this thread since sotay belle dey pain me grin

Anyway I don't think there is any sense in being an atheist. You can't know for 100percent sure that there is no God anywhere so how can you call yourself an atheist? The worst you can be is an agnostic and question the existence of god. Not an atheist that says he knows for a fact that there is no god.

Atheists are actually very foolish people that think they have sense.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by randomperson: 9:46am On Dec 26, 2016
4everGod:

Help your ignorance

Youtube is loaded with them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_converts_to_Christianity_from_Judaism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTy00NTovYI
Great... So some Jews converted to Christianity means MZ would covert to Christianity... Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by Dalek(m): 9:46am On Dec 26, 2016
The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason....
Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by hopefulLandlord: 9:47am On Dec 26, 2016
ZoneBslayer:

the dumb luck description is for the propound the theory of big bang and evolution... I mean think about it..a couple of inanimate gases randomly came together and caused an explosion that brought into being an animate and sentient living being?? the perfect placement of the heavenly bodies, the life preserving atmosphere of the earth, the myriad of living animals on earth both great and small and MAN...came via a random explosion??

lol

where did I say random explosion? your idea of atheism is warped and you've not tried finding out for yourself; you've relied on theist's description of atheism

2 Likes

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by hopefulLandlord: 9:47am On Dec 26, 2016
randomperson:

Great... So some Jews converted to Christianity means MZ would covert to Christianity... Congratulations

3 Likes

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by gokuu(m): 9:49am On Dec 26, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

1. He was explicit about his rejection of Atheism and Agnosticism ..."I went though a period where I questioned things"

2. He was explicit about his religious skepticism

3. He accepts Religion as important .

If he were a deist , he would never have accepted religion because Deism clearly rejects religion . We are left with only theism .

It's obvious Mark thought questioning religious beliefs makes one an atheist (which is wrong anyway) . From Mark's point of view ,embracing religion now is akin to acknowledging God's existence .
No, he did not reject Agnosticism or Atheism. He simply said he was not an atheist and that he thinks religion is important.

1 Like

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 26, 2016
randomperson:

Too many Jews are becoming Christians. Both popular ones and not so popular ones

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/jewish-shia-labeouf-converts-christianity-brad-pitts-help-after-finding-god-filming-fury-1471919

Extract:

"I became a Christian man, and not in a fvcking bvllshit way – in a very real way. I could have just said the prayers that were on the page", LaBouef told reporters.

Read up the article.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by jonbellion(m): 9:52am On Dec 26, 2016
randomperson:

U are just grasping at straws here... How many people convert from Judaism to Christianity... There's even no reason to do that since Jews are more successful than Christians...
BTW, u always try to distance yourself from Judaism especially when we identify barbaric acts of your god in the old testament
the christians are so hypocritical and unreliable
Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by ZoneBslayer(m): 9:53am On Dec 26, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

lol

where did I say random explosion? your idea of atheism is warped and you've not tried finding out for yourself; you've relied on theist's description of atheism
pray tell o wise one, did you come to this earth by a Creator or a random explosion of gases? answer this and we can go further.. tell me your opinion and not what Mr Dawkins said..
Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by hopefulLandlord: 9:53am On Dec 26, 2016
rhektor:

Pitiful that's the meaning

I feel your pain but it happens like that at times. Since you decided to deny the obvious and cling to a deception of evolution keep it up.
I'm not surprised a breed of Chimp can't reason like a human no matter what level of education and training it might have been through.

Cheers

can you see? every atheist accepts evolution, that's pretty dumb which is a good characteristic of Christianity

have you seen me arguing for or against evolution before?

let me beg you with your god

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by randomperson: 9:53am On Dec 26, 2016
4everGod:

Too many Jews are becoming Christians. Both popular ones and not so popular ones

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/jewish-shia-labeouf-converts-christianity-brad-pitts-help-after-finding-god-filming-fury-1471919

Extract:

"I became a Christian man, and not in a fvcking bvllshit way – in a very real way. I could have just said the prayers that were on the page", LaBouef told reporters.

Read up the article.
If u want to prove something u don't bring individual cases or isolated cases... U show a pattern by showing what percentage of Jews covert to Christianity viz a viz jews that become atheist.... I can't believe I have to explain this to you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by felixomor: 9:54am On Dec 26, 2016
jonbellion:
the christians are so hypocritical and unreliable

Yinmu..
...... grin

"Unreliable" kwa..
As if u have ever acknowledged any Christian as reliable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by babyfaceafrica: 9:55am On Dec 26, 2016
felixomor:

My brother
Even since the days of Paul and Peter, people of Christianity had issues.
Go and read Corinthians.

No excuses.

Shalom
excuse....with this mindset...how do you wwant to attract people to christainity?....well your choice!!
Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 26, 2016
randomperson:

If u want to prove something u don't bring individual cases or isolated cases... U show a pattern by showing what percentage of Jews covert to Christianity viz a viz jews that become atheist.... I can't believe I have to explain this to you

So your fingers no longer know how to type www.google.com anymore? Do your own research. There can never be a steady percentage as conversions are going on daily and Jews are scattered worldwide. So i can only offer you what is already available online. Help yourself by looking it up by yourself.
Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by hopefulLandlord: 9:57am On Dec 26, 2016
ZoneBslayer:

pray tell o wise one, did you come to this earth by a Creator or a random explosion of gases? answer this and we can go further.. tell me your opinion and not what Mr Dawkins said..

I don't know how I came about, atheism never claimed to know how we came about

your idea of atheism is the usual thing parroted by theists around

as for the book, read it and know what he's talking about; don't be scared of reading outside the usual bible, that's avant-garde
Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by gokuu(m): 9:58am On Dec 26, 2016
randomperson:

On point!!!

1 Like

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by rhektor(m): 9:58am On Dec 26, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

can you see? every atheist accepts evolution, that's pretty dumb which is a good characteristic of Christianity

have you seen me arguing for or against evolution before?

let me beg you with your god

What's this one saying?
Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by hopefulLandlord: 9:59am On Dec 26, 2016
randomperson:

gbam!!!!

1 Like

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by pressplay411(m): 9:59am On Dec 26, 2016
randomperson:

Seriously, I just understand how threatened Christians feel by atheism now. Funny thing is that u don't even see the Muslims touching themselves because somebody became a Buddhist... Seems they are not as desperate as the Christians here

The problem with Christianity lies in John 14.6 and its connotation.
Unlike other Faiths/Religions, Christians believe all non christian are doomed and going to hell.
I call it Monopoly of Faith.
Let's just thank God, christians don't believe in Jihad, otherwise...

1 Like

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 26, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
excuse....with this mindset...how do you wwant to attract people to christainity?....well your choice!!

Nobody can "attract" anyone to Christianity! Its the job of the Holy spirit of God. Our portion is to preach the Word of God to all nations and anyone who wishes to come hs to do so based on their free will. We cannot lie in order to make Christianity attractive.

He that comes to God must believe that He is and that He is the rewarder of them that diligently seek Him

2 Likes

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by claremont(m): 10:00am On Dec 26, 2016
4everGod:

Its also not important to you but important enough for you to make a comment on a thread about a man who has been hailed as a chief atheist who does more good to humanity than christians do. Yet the same man has come out to denounce atheism.

Yeah i see your logic working overtime. Go sit your skinny behind down on a pack of ice.

You seem to have avoided the question I asked. I'm guessing MZ "denouncing" of Atheism has strengthened your faith in whatever you believe in, except of course, this whole thread is about a d-ick measuring exercise between religious adherents and atheists.

So I ask again, why does the religious/non-religious persuasion of a billionaire who is unaware of your pitiful existence concern you so much?! I noticed you seem to be the one who is very passionate about MZ being a religious person.

1 Like

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by hopefulLandlord: 10:00am On Dec 26, 2016
rhektor:

What's this one saying?

atheism never claimed we came from big bang, atheism never laid any claim to how we came about

a lil bit of knowledge doesn't hurt bro, try finding out things for yourself
Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by gokuu(m): 10:01am On Dec 26, 2016
4everGod:

So your fingers no longer know how to type www.google.com anymore? Do your own research. There can never be a steady percentage as conversions are going on daily and Jews are scattered worldwide. So i can only offer you what is already available online. Help yourself by looking it up by yourself.
Dummy! When you make a case, you do the research and present your findings. I can't believe I have to tell you that burden of proof is on the complainant/promoter.

2 Likes

Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by hopefulLandlord: 10:01am On Dec 26, 2016
claremont:

You seem to have avoided the question I asked. I'm guessing MZ "denouncing" of Atheism has strengthened your faith in whatever you believe in, except of course, this whole thread is about a d-ick measuring exercise between religious adherents and atheists.

So I ask again, why does the religious/non-religious persuasion of a billionaire who is unaware of your pitiful existence concern you so much?! I noticed you seem to be the one who is very passionate about MZ being a religious person.

interesting
Re: Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder by randomperson: 10:01am On Dec 26, 2016
4everGod:

Now let's see....
http://www.haaretz.com/jewish/news/new-poll-shows-atheism-on-rise-with-jews-found-to-be-least-religious-1.459477?v=33B5C8087385D75B341C4D9C74A71F88
Just read that article, Jews have the highest number of atheists and irreligious people...

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (25) (Reply)

The Chosen Church And The Failed Miracle Ala Lazarus / Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church / Video Of Port Harcourt Church Stampede (31 Dead)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.