Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,842 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? (58669 Views)

4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist / Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder / My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Baaballiyo(m): 12:49pm On Jan 17, 2017
Fulaman198:
I personally respect everyone's opinion and point of view. If I may comment on the matter, there is no logical explanation as how human beings came into being from both a religious and scientific point of view.

Scientists believe in the big bang theory, however scientists still don't have an answer as to what may have caused the big bang to occur. Things sometimes happen randomly, but not creation. There has to be a specific reason as to why humans are molded in a particular manner, why there are a plethora of cultures today and why there are an unquantifiable amount of living organisms and species. Where I do agree with science however, is that the first human beings are from Africa and nowhere else. That point can not be refuted.

Religion has its drawbacks as well, and there are many unexplained circumstances and answers. I know I will be criticised by Muslims and Christians on here alike, but I do find religion to be a form of control mechanism to keep people naïve and daft about what's truly going on. Suffice to say, I do believe in God, but I don't believe everything I have read in the Qu'ran for instance.

With what we know today, with the ample amount of technological advances, I can understand why many people go the agnostic route. I urge all of you to think with an open mind.

If you dont believe in everything you read in the Qur'an then you don't have faith; so you don't need to believe in the God who revealed the Qur'an. Besides am very curious as to those parts or sections in the Qur'an you don't believe in; may be you should share them so that we can also be enlightened. This coming from a pullo hmm ??
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by felixomor: 2:46pm On Jan 17, 2017
Lennycool:
Like I predicted earlier seun mark zuckerberg is planning to run for office, various news sites have speculated his latest moves (before he said he wasn't an atheist)
That his recent actions like going around America giving up a large percentage of his stocks are consistent with someone that wants to run for a political position and he probably figures if idiot trump can win he has a bigger chance than previously thought.
Below is a website that even gives more detail as to his aspirations and its not even related to his atheism, the person was trying to answer why he thought Facebook would fall and he gave the reason that mark cares less as he has other aspirations.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2017/01/06/google-apple-facebook-amazon-microsoft-which-will-fall-first/?client=ms-unknown

It's understandable, if I wanted to run for a political position in a religious country, I'd stay as far away from atheism as possible.

Yinmu undecided
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by coolsegun2002: 4:47pm On Jan 20, 2017
Seun's real problem isn't believing in God, cos he doesn't mock every other God-belief system like Islam, Buddha etc .. I notice that he attacks more of the Christian God, the Bible and everything directly or directly related to it.....
. I must say say that seun is just plain anti-christ, anti-christain, anti-bible......rather than an atheist.... The gospel is confusing to him, the messages are not logical as he wants it to be.

2 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jan 20, 2017
coolsegun2002:
Seun's real problem isn't believing in God, cos he doesn't mock every other God-belief system like Islam, Buddha etc .. I notice that he attacks more of the Christian God, the Bible and everything directly or directly related to it.....
. I must say say that seun is just plain anti-christ, anti-christain, anti-bible......rather than an atheist.... The gospel is confusing to him, the messages are not logical as he wants it to be.

Yeah!

I wonder if there is a category of atheists who only have a problem with one God undecided

MonoAtheistic? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Seun(m): 5:32pm On Jan 20, 2017
coolsegun2002:
I notice that he attacks more of the Christian God
I used to be a Christian.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by coolsegun2002: 7:37pm On Jan 20, 2017
Seun:

I used to be a Christian.
That finally explains the constant attacking of the Christian belief system...the prayers, the doctrines, peaking in tongues..bla bla bla...i tot u were born an atheist
U lost your faith along the way or you probably never had faith which may be good for you.
Pple have doubt at one point of their life about God... It's just Pple out there that makes others loose faith in God's existence, Pple with crazy ideologies, Pple that take tithes and enrich themselves, twist the doctrine for personal gain, still don't mean there's no God, pple that speak rubbish tongues all in the verge to claim they have the Holy Spirit..pple that kill others in God's name and somehow it looks like this same God isn't treating their fucckuppp ....
I have had my own doubts too, at some point all seem like a cooked up story but it doesn't change God's position or existence....
its worse not to Beleive in God, Whats even more worse is seizing every chance to discredit that God in the process making other Pple loose their faith...oga seun.. Just cuz u don't wanna believe doesn't mean u shouldn't respect the faith.

3 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Seun(m): 10:40pm On Jan 20, 2017
I believe that Muslims require more of our assistance, but that's up to ex-muslims.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by gentle081(m): 10:50pm On Jan 20, 2017
Seun:
I believe that Muslims require more of our assistance, but that's up to ex-muslims.

how do I contact u sir
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by felixomor: 10:51pm On Jan 20, 2017
Seun:

Are u trying to polish cowardice or what?
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Baaballiyo(m): 12:02am On Jan 21, 2017
Seun:

And you hardly come across ex_muslims.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by emmiesmart44(m): 6:55pm On Jan 21, 2017
My believe is all Gods are a variant of one God selling himself in different ways just like samsung selling variants of its phones in different places and i refuse to buy.
Is that what is called atheist?
Nevanew.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by BetaThings: 10:50am On Jan 22, 2017
Seun:
Absolutely silly statement
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Fulaman198(m): 4:32pm On Jan 22, 2017
MykOnyxo:

But the bottomline is that you believe in God but not in General Muslim way, Isn't it*?

I believe that God exists, but not in a general sense (in any religion really). That's just the scientist in me talking. I believe that God does truly exist because many things have gone unexplained in Science. Some things can not be explained by science at all, but the same goes with religion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Fulaman198(m): 4:37pm On Jan 22, 2017
Baaballiyo:

If you dont believe in everything you read in the Qur'an then you don't have faith; so you don't need to believe in the God who revealed the Qur'an. Besides am very curious as to those parts or sections in the Qur'an you don't believe in; may be you should share them so that we can also be enlightened. This coming from a pullo hmm ??

I have to be honest my brother. The Qu'ran does not teach everything. I believe in God, but where are the answers in the Qu'ran that state how human beings diverged into different cultural groups. How does the Qu'ran explain the evolutionary properties of Humans. Why are some humans brown in tone, whilst others are peach in tone? Why do Humans have such different physical characteristics worldwide? Why does there seem to be no limit to the amounts of science and technologies being discovered on a daily basis?

I believe in God, as many things can not be explained by Science and technology. We have to remember that the great men that wrote the Qu'ran (the word of Allah himself right?) are still just men like me and you.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with religion, however, we live in a modern world where things are expected to be questioned. I consider myself a very moderate Muslim (at best, I might not even be moderate, maybe even light).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by islamics(m): 1:40am On Jan 23, 2017
Fulaman198:

I have to be honest my brother. The Qu'ran does not teach everything. I believe in God, but where are the answers in the Qu'ran that state how human beings diverged into different cultural groups. How does the Qu'ran explain the evolutionary properties of Humans. Why are some humans brown in tone, whilst others are peach in tone? Why do Humans have such different physical characteristics worldwide? Why does there seem to be no limit to the amounts of science and technologies being discovered on a daily basis?

I believe in God, as many things can not be explained by Science and technology. We have to remember that the great men that wrote the Qu'ran (the word of Allah himself right?) are still just men like me and you.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with religion, however, we live in a modern world where things are expected to be questioned. I consider myself a very moderate Muslim (at best, I might not even be moderate, maybe even light).
Oga Fulaman198, I wanted not to comment on this thread but I just have to write my opinion perhaps it will clear some issues. First and foremost, I am not a very knowledgeable person; am just trying my best (My monicker is just a decoy).
The answer in the Qur'an that state how human beings diverged into different cultural group is Suratul Hujurat Verse 13 where Allah said "O Mankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes that you may know one another..." Till the end of the verse. Allah created mankind from a single person Adam and from that person He created his mate Hawwa. From their offspring He made nations, comprised of tribe, which include sub tribe of all sizes.
Off course religion has not restrict us as regard science and technology; it is just that we take some ascetic position on issue as the status quo. There have been prominent Muslim who made great innovation like: Abdullah Muhammad bin Musa al-Khwarizmi, often cited as “The father of Algebra”, was indirect responsible for the creation of the term “Algorithm”, Ibn Sina; also known as Avicenna. Persian philosopher and scientist known for his contributions to Aristotelian philosophy and medicine, Thabit Ibn Qurra; also known as Thebit. Arab mathematician, physician and astronomer; who was the first reformer of the Ptolemaic system and the founder of statics, Abu Bakr Al-Razi; also known as Rhazes. Persian alchemist and philosopher, who was one of the greatest physicians in history, Ibn Khaldun; Arab historiographer and historian who developed one of the earliest nonreligious philosophies of history. Often considered as one of the forerunners of modern historiography, sociology and economics, Ibn Zuhr; also known as Avenzoar. Arab physician and surgeon, known for his influential book Al-Taisir Fil-Mudawat Wal-Tadbeer (Book of Simplification Concerning Therapeutics and Diet) and many more Muslim inventor. Just because we the present day Muslim have lagged behind doesn't mean we don't want science and technology advancement.
Questioned stuff should be answered by religion.
Indeed great men like us wrote the Qur'an but we are not comparable when you look at the nature of sacrifice they made. Abeg you may find the following link insightful:
https://islamqa.info/en/132957
https://islamqa.info/en/210669
Am just trying to send my little word out: the Qur'an teaches us all though we may not understand.
I no be strong person o

3 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by jjk24(m): 9:17am On Jan 23, 2017
Fulaman198:

Why are some humans brown in tone, whilst others are peach in tone? Why do Humans have such different physical characteristics worldwide? Why does there seem to be no limit to the amounts of science and technologies being discovered on a daily basis? Mostly down to migration adaption and evolution , your environment defines most of your physical attributes like hair skin color and such.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by jjk24(m): 9:22am On Jan 23, 2017
But in the end yall should understand it all comes down to energy, you feel the breeze pass by? The birds that see all? The water that feeds us? You can hear the trees speak?
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Baaballiyo(m): 5:36pm On Jan 23, 2017
Fulaman198:

Well, the Quran is a guide not a manual so you cant expect to find detailed answers to every question in it, but if you follow its guidance faithfully you will be able to get your answers, it may suffice to say that, even in conventional schools you are not thought everything concerning your field of study you are only given guidance, and the rest of the knowledge of that field is garnered by you through experience, research and hardwork, so if you failed to find answers to certain questions, that does not mean answers to it dont exist, it only means you're yet to come across them. Most of the issues you raised have a single verse in the Qur'an that gives guidance to act upon Qur'an 49:13 says,

يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ إِنَّا خَلَقْنَاكُم مِّن ذَكَرٍ وَأُنثَىٰ وَجَعَلْنَاكُمْ شُعُوبًا وَقَبَائِلَ لِتَعَارَفُوا إِنَّ أَكْرَمَكُمْ عِندَ اللَّهِ أَتْقَاكُمْ إِنَّ اللَّهَ عَلِيمٌ خَبِير.

Translation Word by Word;

O mankind ! Indeed, We created you from a male and a female and We made you nations and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, (the) most noble of you near Allah (is the) most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah (is) All-Knower, All-Aware.

You said "men who wrote the Qur'an" wrote it in what sense ?

Brother to be sincere there's no any extreme, moderate or light Muslim, these are only political nomenclatures devised by enermies of Islam to paint islam in a bad picture. A muslim is a muslim regardless of his action, if his actions are bad then he is a sinner, in reality those that are regarded as extremist follow there own whims and wanted to subdue everything and everyone using religion as an excuse (which is a sinful act), those considered Moderates are those afraid to practice islam to its fullest because they're afraid or insecure about some islamic tenets and the light ones are those with a troubled mind they're procastinator who seems to be hesitating between religion and atheism.

I would like to quote a Christian I can't remember his name but I think he was a Catholic bishop, he said

He who submits to the church did not measure the veracity of the church by the plausibility of its tenets but by the conviction he already have of its veracity.

So religion is about faith not plausible arguments.
So I urge you brother to rethink you stand.

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Fulaman198(m): 7:32pm On Jan 23, 2017
islamics:

Oga Fulaman198, I wanted not to comment on this thread but I just have to write my opinion perhaps it will clear some issues. First and foremost, I am not a very knowledgeable person; am just trying my best (My monicker is just a decoy).
The answer in the Qur'an that state how human beings diverged into different cultural group is Suratul Hujurat Verse 13 where Allah said "O Mankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes that you may know one another..." Till the end of the verse. Allah created mankind from a single person Adam and from that person He created his mate Hawwa. From their offspring He made nations, comprised of tribe, which include sub tribe of all sizes.
Off course religion has not restrict us as regard science and technology; it is just that we take some ascetic position on issue as the status quo. There have been prominent Muslim who made great innovation like: Abdullah Muhammad bin Musa al-Khwarizmi, often cited as “The father of Algebra”, was indirect responsible for the creation of the term “Algorithm”, Ibn Sina; also known as Avicenna. Persian philosopher and scientist known for his contributions to Aristotelian philosophy and medicine, Thabit Ibn Qurra; also known as Thebit. Arab mathematician, physician and astronomer; who was the first reformer of the Ptolemaic system and the founder of statics, Abu Bakr Al-Razi; also known as Rhazes. Persian alchemist and philosopher, who was one of the greatest physicians in history, Ibn Khaldun; Arab historiographer and historian who developed one of the earliest nonreligious philosophies of history. Often considered as one of the forerunners of modern historiography, sociology and economics, Ibn Zuhr; also known as Avenzoar. Arab physician and surgeon, known for his influential book Al-Taisir Fil-Mudawat Wal-Tadbeer (Book of Simplification Concerning Therapeutics and Diet) and many more Muslim inventor. Just because we the present day Muslim have lagged behind doesn't mean we don't want science and technology advancement.
Questioned stuff should be answered by religion.
Indeed great men like us wrote the Qur'an but we are not comparable when you look at the nature of sacrifice they made. Abeg you may find the following link insightful:
https://islamqa.info/en/132957
https://islamqa.info/en/210669
Am just trying to send my little word out: the Qur'an teaches us all though we may not understand.
I no be strong person o

I'm aware that there have been many brilliant Muslims in present day and also in the past. IN FACT, if it were not for Muslims, many great discoveries would not have been made.

I guess my point is would Nigeria be as religious as it is today if it were not for the general shape it is currently in. Our leader the great Buhari (I call him my uncle even though by blood he is not), is doing his best to bring out great nation to where it should be. However, there is much to do to make Nigeria great again (not taken from Trump).

I am very well aware of the achievements and how Islam has helped the world a great deal, from Timbuktu to Medina all the way to the great city of Mecca.

My scientific side though has noticed that less established nations tend to be more religious than those that are financially better off. Now, please do not misinterpret that for me saying that we should stop praying.

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Fulaman198(m): 7:32pm On Jan 23, 2017
jjk24:
Why are some humans brown in tone, whilst others are peach in tone? Why do Humans have such different physical characteristics worldwide? Why does there seem to be no limit to the amounts of science and technologies being discovered on a daily basis? Mostly down to migration adaption and evolution , your environment defines most of your physical attributes like hair skin color and such.

I'm aware lol that was a general question. That is something that science explains.

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Fulaman198(m): 7:37pm On Jan 23, 2017
Baaballiyo:

Well, the Quran is a guide not a manual so you cant expect to find detailed answers to every question in it, but if you follow its guidance faithfully you will be able to get your answers, it may suffice to say that, even in conventional schools you are not thought everything concerning your field of study you are only given guidance, and the rest of the knowledge of that field is garnered by you through experience, research and hardwork, so if you failed to find answers to certain questions, that does not mean answers to it dont exist, it only means you're yet to come across them. Most of the issues you raised have a single verse in the Qur'an that gives guidance to act upon Qur'an 49:13 says,

يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ إِنَّا خَلَقْنَاكُم مِّن ذَكَرٍ وَأُنثَىٰ وَجَعَلْنَاكُمْ شُعُوبًا وَقَبَائِلَ لِتَعَارَفُوا إِنَّ أَكْرَمَكُمْ عِندَ اللَّهِ أَتْقَاكُمْ إِنَّ اللَّهَ عَلِيمٌ خَبِير.

Translation Word by Word;

O mankind ! Indeed, We created you from a male and a female and We made you nations and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, (the) most noble of you near Allah (is the) most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah (is) All-Knower, All-Aware.

You said "men who wrote the Qur'an" wrote it in what sense ?

Brother to be sincere there's no any extreme, moderate or light Muslim, these are only political nomenclatures devised by enermies of Islam to paint islam in a bad picture. A muslim is a muslim regardless of his action, if his actions are bad then he is a sinner, in reality those that are regarded as extremist follow there own whims and wanted to subdue everything and everyone using religion as an excuse (which is a sinful act), those considered Moderates are those afraid to practice islam to its fullest because they're afraid or insecure about some islamic tenets and the light ones are those with a troubled mind they're procastinator who seems to be hesitating between religion and atheism.

I would like to quote a Christian I can't remember his name but I think he was a Catholic bishop, he said

He who submits to the church did not measure the veracity of the church by the plausibility of its tenets but by the conviction he already have of its veracity.

So religion is about faith not plausible arguments.
So I urge you brother to rethink you stand.

Banndiko a haali gonga! You are right! I am a Muslim, but I am not one that practises as often as I should.

Let me ask you something. If I do not pray all the time, like I should, does that make me a sinner? To me, everyone is a sinner in some form or another. No matter how many times one may pray a day, or no matter how often one attends Jumma'a, we are all grave sinners.

I am not the type of man though that goes out and starts messing around with women, that is not me. Nor do I go out and steal or do other bad things. But at the same time, I do not do the things that is expected of a "good" Muslim which is constant prayer or attending Mosque on Juma'a.

Often, I find myself ingrained on my computer reading new computing articles, conducting new research, etc, etc.

Even still, I am one of the biggest advocates of Islam and defend it when it is being rubbished by Westerners online, or by even other people in this country of Naija.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Baaballiyo(m): 12:37am On Jan 24, 2017
Fulaman198:

Banndiko a haali gonga! You are right! I am a Muslim, but I am not one that practises as often as I should.

Let me ask you something. If I do not pray all the time, like I should, does that make me a sinner? To me, everyone is a sinner in some form or another. No matter how many times one may pray a day, or no matter how often one attends Jumma'a, we are all grave sinners.

I am not the type of man though that goes out and starts messing around with women, that is not me. Nor do I go out and steal or do other bad things. But at the same time, I do not do the things that is expected of a "good" Muslim which is constant prayer or attending Mosque on Juma'a.

Often, I find myself ingrained on my computer reading new computing articles, conducting new research, etc, etc.

Even still, I am one of the biggest advocates of Islam and defend it when it is being rubbished by Westerners online, or by even other people in this country of Naija.

We are all sinners and we all need to purify ourselves frequently. But a Muslim has a compulsory duty which he most perform, which are
1. Five daily prayers.
2. Paying the zakat arms
for those that are
Wealthy.
3. Fasting in the month
of Ramadan for those that
are healthy and able.
4. Visiting the sacred
Shrine in Mecca (ka'aba) for those that have the ability and means of traveling .

In essence sins are categorized as either grave sins, great sins or small sins.

Whoever omits or refuse to perform any of the earlier mentioned compulsory acts is deemed to have perform grave sin, big sins are contained in the following verses Qur'an 6:151-152

151. Say (O Muhammad): "Come, I will recite what your Lord has prohibited you from: Join not anything in worship with Him; be good and dutiful to your parents; kill not your children because of poverty - We provide sustenance for you and for them; come not near to Al-Fawahish (shameful sins, illegal sexual intercourse, etc.) whether committed openly or secretly, and kill not anyone whom Allah has forbidden, except for a just cause (according to Islamic law). This He has commanded you that you may understand.

152. "And come not near to the orphan's property, except to improve it, until he (or she) attains the age of full strength; and give full measure and full weight with justice. We burden not any person, but that which he can bear. And whenever you give your word (i.e. judge between men or give evidence, etc.), say the truth even if a near relative is concerned, and fulfill the Covenant of Allah, This He commands you, that you may remember.

Most other are acts or omissions are considered small sins. We are all sinners and above our sins Allah is forgiving and merciful He said in the following verse

2.Those who avoid great sins and Al-Fawahish (illegal sexual intercourse, etc.) except the small faults, verily, your Lord is of vast forgiveness. He knows you well when He created you from the earth (Adam), and when you were fetuses in your mothers' wombs. So ascribe not purity to yourselves. He knows best him who fears Allah and keep his duty to Him [i.e. those who are Al-Muttaqun (pious)]
Qur'an 53:32

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Fulaman198(m): 1:20pm On Jan 24, 2017
Baaballiyo:

We are all sinners and we all need to purify ourselves frequently. But a Muslim has a compulsory duty which he most perform, which are
1. Five daily prayers.
2. Paying the zakat arms
for those that are
Wealthy.
3. Fasting in the month
of Ramadan for those that
are healthy and able.
4. Visiting the sacred
Shrine in Mecca (ka'aba) for those that have the ability and means of traveling .

In essence sins are categorized as either grave sins, great sins or small sins.

Whoever omits or refuse to perform any of the earlier mentioned compulsory acts is deemed to have perform grave sin, big sins are contained in the following verses Qur'an 6:151-152

151. Say (O Muhammad): "Come, I will recite what your Lord has prohibited you from: Join not anything in worship with Him; be good and dutiful to your parents; kill not your children because of poverty - We provide sustenance for you and for them; come not near to Al-Fawahish (shameful sins, illegal sexual intercourse, etc.) whether committed openly or secretly, and kill not anyone whom Allah has forbidden, except for a just cause (according to Islamic law). This He has commanded you that you may understand.

152. "And come not near to the orphan's property, except to improve it, until he (or she) attains the age of full strength; and give full measure and full weight with justice. We burden not any person, but that which he can bear. And whenever you give your word (i.e. judge between men or give evidence, etc.), say the truth even if a near relative is concerned, and fulfill the Covenant of Allah, This He commands you, that you may remember.

Most other are acts or omissions are considered small sins. We are all sinners and above our sins Allah is forgiving and merciful He said in the following verse

2.Those who avoid great sins and Al-Fawahish (illegal sexual intercourse, etc.) except the small faults, verily, your Lord is of vast forgiveness. He knows you well when He created you from the earth (Adam), and when you were fetuses in your mothers' wombs. So ascribe not purity to yourselves. He knows best him who fears Allah and keep his duty to Him [i.e. those who are Al-Muttaqun (pious)]
Qur'an 53:32

Nicely said

2 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by OgbeniSamm(m): 8:33am On Feb 03, 2017
Sometimes, money and success blindfold some people.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Emasearu(m): 4:58am On Feb 07, 2017
DeSepiero:
Realize? Reality is based on verifiable facts not unfounded beliefs.
How about if one has experienced the one called God? Wouldn't that be enough?
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by DeSepiero(m): 11:43am On Feb 07, 2017
Emasearu:

How about if one has experienced the one called God? Wouldn't that be enough?

How does one experience the one called God? Can such experience be verified to be real and not mere individualistic imaginations or notional ideas?
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Emasearu(m): 12:59pm On Feb 07, 2017
DeSepiero:

How does one experience the one called God? Can such experience be verified to be real and not mere individualistic imaginations or notional ideas?
To your second question, no. Each one's personal experience of God is difficult to test. You would just have try it for yourself. For example, if I were to tell you of a situation in which I tested God's existence, and He proved Himself, U could easily say I made it up. But if U were to pretend U believed He exists, and speak to Him, then U can know for yourself.
To the first qu., one can experience God through prayer or even through a fellow human[1]. It depends on how He chooses to reveal Himself.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Emasearu(m): 1:07pm On Feb 07, 2017
DeSepiero:

[1] You could feel His love through an act of charity by a fellow human. The Xtian belief is that God can use us (humans) as instruments of His love if we let Him. If you are still not satisfied, then I have one more question for you.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by DeSepiero(m): 3:24pm On Feb 07, 2017
Emasearu:
To your second question, no. Each one's personal experience of God is difficult to test. You would just have try it for yourself. For example, if I were to tell you of a situation in which I tested God's existence, and He proved Himself, U could easily say I made it up. But if U were to pretend U believed He exists, and speak to Him, then U can know for yourself.
To the first qu., one can experience God through prayer or even through a fellow human[1]. It depends on how He chooses to reveal Himself.

This goes further to prove my point. Your experience of God is not objectively consistent with reality. It can't be verified. I can simply dismiss it as your own mental abstractions; it can't stand as truth or reality because reality persist independent of individual perspectives. Hence, its not real.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by DeSepiero(m): 3:27pm On Feb 07, 2017
Emasearu:
[1] You could feel His love through an act of charity by a fellow human. The Xtian belief is that God can use us (humans) as instruments of His love if we let Him. If you are still not satisfied, then I have one more question for you.

What I feel through an act of charity by a fellow human is simply a fellow human's love.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

"Spirit Of Beersheba Sent Me To Seduce Catholic Priests In Amaruru, Imo" (VIDEO) / #BibleStudyWithKumuyi ||Living By The Royal Law In The Lord / Why A Christian Girl Converted To Islam (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.