Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,035 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:50 AM

Lawn Tennis / Golf; Where Are The Ideal Places Where I Can Join A Club In Lagos? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lawn Tennis / Golf; Where Are The Ideal Places Where I Can Join A Club In Lagos? (2277 Views)

Alexandre Lacazette Cheats On Manon Mogavero, His Girlfriend With A Club Girl / Taribo West: I Was Told To Join A Cult To Get Political Position / Table Tennis Bats And Lawn Tennis Rackets For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawn Tennis / Golf; Where Are The Ideal Places Where I Can Join A Club In Lagos? by chronique(m): 7:17pm On Dec 26, 2016
Ok, I'd make this as brief as possible. I intend joining a lawn tennis or golf club next year, with the idea of using it as a source of relaxation and outing for myself,for as many weekends as possible. I wanna quit working on Saturdays cos I obviously don't have time for myself, and I need something to keep me occupied every Saturday. I need info on the various lawn tennis and golf clubs available in lag, their locations, membership fees and all that. I'd prefer the tennis club cos I feel the golf club membership might be pretty expensive for me but then, I wouldn't mind joining if the fees are moderate. Anyone with useful info, should kindly share with me. Thanks. I'd also like to join a salsa dance class too. I remember they used to have one at the silverbird galleria way back(dont know if it still exists).

Mods, kindly help push this to the right section. Thanks.
Re: Lawn Tennis / Golf; Where Are The Ideal Places Where I Can Join A Club In Lagos? by chronique(m): 7:21pm On Dec 26, 2016
Lalasticlala, dominique, Farano,seun
Re: Lawn Tennis / Golf; Where Are The Ideal Places Where I Can Join A Club In Lagos? by Ask4Info: 7:23pm On Dec 26, 2016
National Stadoum Lagos (Lawn Tennis)
Ikoyi Club (Golf & Lawn Tennis)
Airforce Base Apapa (Golf)
Golf Club Ikeja GRA (Golf)
Lagos Country Club (Golf & Lawn Tennis)
Excellence Hotel (Lawn Tennis - Ogba Ikeja)

Truth is there are countless of places, both popular, hotels and private recreation clubs/places.
Re: Lawn Tennis / Golf; Where Are The Ideal Places Where I Can Join A Club In Lagos? by chronique(m): 7:26pm On Dec 26, 2016
Ask4Info:
National Stadoum Lagos

Ok. Got an idea of membership fees and stuffs? Is that for lawn tennis alone or they also have a golf course there?
Re: Lawn Tennis / Golf; Where Are The Ideal Places Where I Can Join A Club In Lagos? by Osezzua(m): 7:43pm On Dec 26, 2016
I'm so much interested in this. I need to join one also
Re: Lawn Tennis / Golf; Where Are The Ideal Places Where I Can Join A Club In Lagos? by chronique(m): 7:59pm On Dec 26, 2016
Can the mods seen, lalasticlala, dominique, farano, and Co help us put it on the front page so people who are already a member of such clubs, can interact with us, and share needed info with us? Thanks.
Re: Lawn Tennis / Golf; Where Are The Ideal Places Where I Can Join A Club In Lagos? by chronique(m): 8:01pm On Dec 26, 2016
Ask4Info:
National Stadoum Lagos (Lawn Tennis)
Ikoyi Club (Golf & Lawn Tennis)
Airforce Base Apapa (Golf)
Golf Club Ikeja GRA (Golf)
Lagos Country Club (Golf & Lawn Tennis)
Excellence Hotel (Lawn Tennis - Ogba Ikeja)

Truth is there are countless of places, both popular, hotels and private recreation clubs/places.

Thanks a bunch.
Re: Lawn Tennis / Golf; Where Are The Ideal Places Where I Can Join A Club In Lagos? by chronique(m): 8:40pm On Dec 26, 2016
Osezzua:
I'm so much interested in this. I need to join one also

I've checked Ikeja golf course and Lagos country club. Both have websites. Just google their names. Lagos country club requires that one has to be sponsored by people who are already members of the club. That's going to be a problem as I currently don't know anyone who's a member. sad
Re: Lawn Tennis / Golf; Where Are The Ideal Places Where I Can Join A Club In Lagos? by dailynaijanews(m): 11:28am On Jan 14, 2019
Ten Invaluable Golf Tips
Bad golf habits are difficult to break. Here's a set of the ten most common faults seen on the golf course, and tips on how to work on overcoming them and perfecting your golf game:
Take enough club to access your target.
Amateurs consistently come up short using their approach shots to the green. Choosing a club {that will get the ball to the green is important, so make sure that you have a club that you could swing at 80 per cent and still arrive at the hole. Save your energy; you have a long life before you!
If you're able to putt the ball, then putt it!
Don't always make use of a lofted club across the greens. Leave this type of shot to the players who are able to handle them, like Phil Mickelson. Good advice is to employ a club that can hit this shot with the best trajectory possible.
Keep your head fairly steady.
You're going to maneuver your head only a little during the swing, especially with the longer clubs. But moving your head an excessive amount can result in a variety of serious swing flaws that make the game extremely tough to play. Have someone watch you to see whether you move your head, or you could watch yourself in the mirror when you take practice swings.
Keep your sense of humor.
If you try everything and they still don’t work out, you should still keep your sense of humor and still survive, or at the very least, you could die laughing.
Bet only that which you are able to afford to lose.
Never bet on your own golf game that which you can't afford to lose. One idea is to always to bet everything in your pocket with the exception of $10, and that is for the gas home.
Keep the ball low in the wind.
Once the wind starts to pick up, play the ball back in your stance, put both your hands in front of the ball, and keep them ahead whenever you make contact. So, remember to keep the ball as low as you are able to, and you can manage your game a lot more efficiently. You most likely won't lose as many golf balls, either.
Take some golf lessons.
If you truly wish to have fun playing this game, you should start out with a couple of lessons to get you on the right track and, needless to say, read Golf For Dummies in its entirety. It's amazing what you are able to do with a clear concept in your mind of steps to make a golf swing.
Do not give lessons to your spouse.
This may sound funny, but of course, there is a reason why. Giving golf lessons to your partner can be a federal offence. Don't do it! Doing this can only just result in a disaster. Invest some money in lessons. Get good instruction and reap the benefits, and this is your peace of mind.
Always tee it up at the tee boxes.
Whenever it is legal (that is, in the teeing area), you should tee the ball up. This game is more enjoyable once the ball is in the air.
Never blame yourself for a bad shot.
Give yourself a break! Golfing is hard enough without blaming everything on yourself. Find creative methods to blame something different, such as the magnetic force field from alien spacecraft. Let your mind go and observe how crazy your excuses can be. Keep your sanity!

For more info, you can check here htpps://www.fontation.com/reviews/best-golf-irons-for-mid-handicappers/

(1) (Reply)

WWE, Supersport Agrees With Gotv And Dstv To Televise Raw And Smackdown / EPL: You’re Useless – Paul Scholes Slams Man Utd Star, Criticises Solskjaer / 100% Natural 100% Effective 100% Herbals.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.