Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,400 members, 7,781,156 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:58 AM

New Masquerade Cast of 1983: Can You Name Them? (PICS) - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / New Masquerade Cast of 1983: Can You Name Them? (PICS) (55993 Views)

Ovularia Of The New Masquerade, Dies (photos) / Checkout The Newly Added Cast Of Jenifa’s Diary / The New Masquerade (clarus And Giringory) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Masquerade Cast of 1983: Can You Name Them? (PICS) by Mujaheeeden: 2:12pm On Dec 27, 2016
ThuGnificenX:
What about those of us that didn't have television to watch them?
those days we go to our neighbour house to watch it when we don't have light

1 Like

Re: New Masquerade Cast of 1983: Can You Name Them? (PICS) by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:13pm On Dec 27, 2016
bigtt76:
Zebrudaya
Ovularia (Zebrudaya's wife)
Jegede Shokoya
Ramota (Jegede's wife)
Clarus (Zebrudaya's Houseboys)
Gringory (Zebrudaya's Houseboys)

I can never forget the name in bold font. When I saw the pix, that was the first name that came to mind.
Re: New Masquerade Cast of 1983: Can You Name Them? (PICS) by robosky02(m): 2:13pm On Dec 27, 2016
ehmmmmmmmmmm the indomie generation on nairaland will be like

watin be "new masquerade"

hahaha grin

Re: New Masquerade Cast of 1983: Can You Name Them? (PICS) by AdiscoPele: 2:14pm On Dec 27, 2016
naptu2:
And this is a video of The New Masquerade. Akpenor had been replaced by Ramota.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMwGNFrzQsE
@Naptu2, pls do you have any clip on Second Chance?

Pls if you do, pls post it. I really love to see it again.
Re: New Masquerade Cast of 1983: Can You Name Them? (PICS) by musicwriter(m): 2:15pm On Dec 27, 2016
joedams:
This just brought back major memories. Where is Zaccheus (Zakewu...in Jegede's voice) and Natti?

The theme song then went like...eli ban San bio bio (3ce), nkun koma no me die, bia oo bio! grin grin grin

Yes, the sound track was the song "Eddie Quansa" by Peacocks International Highlife Band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2-QpwZiqR8&itct

1 Like

Re: New Masquerade Cast of 1983: Can You Name Them? (PICS) by Mujaheeeden: 2:15pm On Dec 27, 2016
ajebuter:

ln fact..no one would know Ramota, Jegede and ,Akpena were lbos if not for their real names..

Their chacters even had Yoruba tribal marks on their faces ,imagine? lol
Then tribalism was at the lowedt ebb
Re: New Masquerade Cast of 1983: Can You Name Them? (PICS) by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:16pm On Dec 27, 2016
lagbaja:
For a long time I never knew that gringory is meant to be Gregory ( pronounced Gregri)

I used to call the name Diringori.
Re: New Masquerade Cast of 1983: Can You Name Them? (PICS) by naptu2: 2:17pm On Dec 27, 2016
AdiscoPele:

I have been looking for a clip of that show for almost ten years. I haven't found one yet, but I'll post it on Nairaland if I find it.
Re: New Masquerade Cast of 1983: Can You Name Them? (PICS) by VictorRomanov: 2:18pm On Dec 27, 2016
joedams:
This just brought back major memories. Where is Zaccheus (Zakewu...in Jegede's voice) and Natti?

The theme song then went like...eli ban San bio bio (3ce), nkun koma no me die, bia oo bio! grin grin grin

It's ''Eddie Kwansa, bia o bia o. Izu ka nma na nneji o. Bia oo bia oo''

The one Runtown remixed to ''Baby answer''
Re: New Masquerade Cast of 1983: Can You Name Them? (PICS) by robosky02(m): 2:18pm On Dec 27, 2016
ferhyntorlah:

I used to call the name Diringori.

for your mind you don be big girl abi grin
Re: New Masquerade Cast of 1983: Can You Name Them? (PICS) by fellyluvsu(m): 2:19pm On Dec 27, 2016
What about Akpeno cast Christian Essien Ibokwe?
Re: New Masquerade Cast of 1983: Can You Name Them? (PICS) by nwamehn: 2:22pm On Dec 27, 2016
Maj196:
Meaning of d theme song if u can translate it.

Theme song was actually:
Eddie Kwansa bia o bia o x3
Izu ka mma na nneji o, bia o bia o

Eddie Kwansa was the name of a person. 'Eddie Kwansa bia o bia o' means Eddie Kwansa come o come o.
'Izu ka mma na nneji o bia o bia o' means It's good when blood brothers reason together, so come o, come o.

The song was sung by Dan Orji, Peacocks International Band.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Masquerade Cast of 1983: Can You Name Them? (PICS) by Sirmuel1(m): 2:34pm On Dec 27, 2016
BEENUEL:

Mama DÈ Mama, I will never, I mean never.......diss anyone on NL, never again cry cry.

Fellow youths (age 15-25) mind who you troll here on NL, most of this monikers might be our parents.... I don talk my own

I just weak cheesy

Shortyy:
Waawu all these people here don old o

Shortty they are coming for you grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Masquerade Cast of 1983: Can You Name Them? (PICS) by potent5(m): 2:35pm On Dec 27, 2016
luvinhubby:
Chief Zebrudaya - Chika Okpala Ovularia - Lizzy Evueme Giringory - James Iroha Clarus - Davies Offor Ramota - Vero Njoku Jegede Shokoya - Claude Eke.

Other not in the pix.
Sergent Kpafu - Roy Denani Zacchewu - Tony Akposheri Natty - Romanus Amuta Boma - Camilla Mbrakpe.
Bros you too mush o. Were you one of them?
Re: New Masquerade Cast of 1983: Can You Name Them? (PICS) by Nobody: 2:36pm On Dec 27, 2016
How many are alive?
Re: New Masquerade Cast of 1983: Can You Name Them? (PICS) by coded06(m): 2:39pm On Dec 27, 2016
joedams:

Bros your head is there. The songs is just ringing in my ears now. Chai I missed the Show sha.
Re: New Masquerade Cast of 1983: Can You Name Them? (PICS) by feeloscar(m): 2:41pm On Dec 27, 2016
deebrain:
Hmmm.....

When will I watch TV and be trilled like I was when this program was on air?
and the likes of the village headmaster,the cockcrow at dawn, jagua half hour, bassey and company (written by late Ken sarowiwa) etc
Re: New Masquerade Cast of 1983: Can You Name Them? (PICS) by sapele914(m): 2:42pm On Dec 27, 2016
bigtt76:
Zebrudaya
Ovularia (Zebrudaya's wife)
Jegede Shokoya
Ramota (Jegede's wife)
Clarus (Zebrudaya's Houseboys)
Gringory (Zebrudaya's Houseboys)

Excellent,remembered all the names but trouble maker jegede shokoya's wife.I believe the late Christina -Essien-Ibokwe played the role for a minute.
Re: New Masquerade Cast of 1983: Can You Name Them? (PICS) by potent5(m): 2:44pm On Dec 27, 2016
In those days no one missed the New Masquerade because there was always light to watch it, even if it meant going to your neighbour's to do so. #Nostalgic.

1 Like

Re: New Masquerade Cast of 1983: Can You Name Them? (PICS) by Emescot(m): 2:46pm On Dec 27, 2016
joedams:

Lmao gringrin your lyrics to that song na die, but u try its Eddie Quansa bi oo bio X3 Izu ka nma na nne jie o, Bia oo bio

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Masquerade Cast of 1983: Can You Name Them? (PICS) by naptu2: 2:46pm On Dec 27, 2016
AdiscoPele:

By the way, you can watch some classic shows like Mirror In The Sun, New Village Headmaster, Cockcrow At Dawn and New Masquerade on NTA2 Channel 5's YouTube channel.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCO-I2SZgDG6S6SF6FDZQbwQ
Re: New Masquerade Cast of 1983: Can You Name Them? (PICS) by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 27, 2016
MARKone:

Zehby calls Jegede' Ramaotu grin

Jegede's troublesome wife not Jegede.
Re: New Masquerade Cast of 1983: Can You Name Them? (PICS) by TeleboiZ005(m): 2:51pm On Dec 27, 2016
Hmmmmm...

Goodday "Uncles" and "Aunties"grin grin grin

Jos knowing the "new masquered" for the first time

1 Like

Re: New Masquerade Cast of 1983: Can You Name Them? (PICS) by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 27, 2016
softwerk:
Just came across this pic of the famous entertaining Nigerian classic, New Masquerade that aired between 1983 & 1993.

If you do not recognize anyone on the pic, pl
ase call me 'Uncle' when next we meet grin

1. Chief Zebrdiaya Okoreigwe Nwobodo alias 4:30,the royal palmwine powerless.

2. Mrs. Ovuleria Urradia Nwododo. Alias Tapokia, Nkpataka, Potomato lady. grin

3. Gringory- Okpadoyoyo yangra bodi e na sumardike , na there I Sabi the music reach. Aka Bewitch Bankrovitch.

4.Jegede Shokoya aka Mr frog bench and frog stool.

5. Clarus

6. Romota.

Use to have them in audio cassettes until recently wen video CD and DVD nor come allow person chance to play radio cassettes again. I miss them anyway.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Masquerade Cast of 1983: Can You Name Them? (PICS) by iboboyswag(m): 3:01pm On Dec 27, 2016
joedams:

It is actually; izu kanma na nneji, bio bio.

1 Like

Re: New Masquerade Cast of 1983: Can You Name Them? (PICS) by Mbediogu(m): 3:25pm On Dec 27, 2016
luvinhubby:
Chief Zebrudaya - Chika Okpala
Ovularia - Lizzy Evueme
Giringory - James Iroha
Clarus - Davies Offor
Ramota - Vero Njoku
Jegede Shokoya - Claude Eke.

Other not in the pix.

Sergent Kpafu - Roy Denani
Zacchewu - Tony Akposheri
Natty - Romanus Amuta
Boma - Camilla Mbrakpe.

You forgot Ajiboye, Okoro Maduekwe and Akpena. Those great days when NEPA was NEPA and you had no need for generator once you could get yourself a black and white TV set. No worry, Nigeria go good again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Masquerade Cast of 1983: Can You Name Them? (PICS) by Noblesoul123: 3:41pm On Dec 27, 2016
naptu2:
This is a video of the original Masquerade series (before New Masquerade). Here Christy Essien Igbokwe plays the role of Akpenor, Jegede's first wife.

She was replaced in the New Masquerade by Ramota. Christy Essien left the show to focus on her music career.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msr1sqQJHeQ
She's now late
Re: New Masquerade Cast of 1983: Can You Name Them? (PICS) by iamharkinwaley: 3:43pm On Dec 27, 2016
BEENUEL:

Mama DÈ Mama, I will never, I mean never.......diss anyone on NL, never again cry cry.

Fellow youths (age 15-25) mind who you troll here on NL, most of this monikers might be our parents.... I don talk my own
well spoken....
Re: New Masquerade Cast of 1983: Can You Name Them? (PICS) by siegfried99(m): 3:45pm On Dec 27, 2016
Alias 4:30 grin

Choi those days..!
Man pikin don old o grin

#NextYearIwantToMarry
Re: New Masquerade Cast of 1983: Can You Name Them? (PICS) by Noblesoul123: 3:45pm On Dec 27, 2016
joedams:

The song is titled Eddy Kwansa
Re: New Masquerade Cast of 1983: Can You Name Them? (PICS) by Ishilove: 4:09pm On Dec 27, 2016
luvinhubby:
Ovularia - Lizzy Evueme
Giringory - James Iroha
Clarus - Davies Offor
Ramota - Vero Njoku

Other not in the pix.

Natty - Romanus Amuta
Boma - Camilla Mbrakpe.
Claude Eke and Davies Offor are dead, if memory serves me right... James Iroha is blind and the rest have faded away, right?
Re: New Masquerade Cast of 1983: Can You Name Them? (PICS) by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 27, 2016
luvinhubby:
Ovularia - Lizzy Evueme
Giringory - James Iroha
Clarus - Davies Offor
Ramota - Vero Njoku

Other not in the pix.

Natty - Romanus Amuta
Boma - Camilla Mbrakpe.

Giringori akabuogu from ikot ekpene near arondizogu.

Clarus nwangboji

Dr prince Jegede shokiya, the son of the soil, tthe grandson of idi of idiaraba and by the grace of GOD, the only young millionaire in the whole universe.

Ovuleria from bakana near isiokpo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BBNaija: Teddy A's Fans To Welcome Him To Nigeria With A Hummer Limo Lincoln / Bbnaija All Stars: How Viewers Voted For Doyin, Whitemoney & Venita / BBNaija: Lucy Evicted From Big Brother House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.