Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,575 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:56 PM

The Persians and Portugese of Somalia - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Persians and Portugese of Somalia (2894 Views)

Somalia and Djibouti are ONE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Persians and Portugese of Somalia by Benadiri: 11:10pm On Dec 26, 2016
Hello nairalanders I'd like to tell you guys about the Portugese/Persian tribes of Somalia grin

I happen to be a benadiri and we are split into two. One is named the reer xamar which are Persian and the other is Barwani which are Portugese grin
We were somalized and speak Somali (I know it fluently) and I'm from the Persian grin
Re: The Persians and Portugese of Somalia by FisifunKododada: 12:34am On Dec 27, 2016
how did the Portuguese end up in Somalia? The Persian I understand.

1 Like

Re: The Persians and Portugese of Somalia by Nobody: 7:09am On Dec 27, 2016
Are you/they considered Somali clans or tribes in their own right?

1 Like

Re: The Persians and Portugese of Somalia by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 27, 2016
Re: The Persians and Portugese of Somalia by Benadiri: 6:46pm On Dec 28, 2016
Muafrika2:
Are you/they considered Somali clans or tribes in their own right?
For the most part we are but there's a small minority that don't like us.
Re: The Persians and Portugese of Somalia by Benadiri: 6:48pm On Dec 28, 2016
FisifunKododada:
how did the Portuguese end up in Somalia? The Persian I understand.
Portugese colonized Kenya and Somali empire invaded the Portugese and won. After that most of the portugese just moved to the capital mogadishu.

(1) (Reply)

Oba Lamidi Adeyemi & His Four Wives Cause Commotion At Westfield Mall, London / Inside Abuja’s Hard Drugs Trade [exposed] / I Have Made Up My Mind Not To Give My Kids Foreign Or Religious Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.