Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,851 members, 7,802,728 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:08 PM

IT Audit Profession In Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / IT Audit Profession In Nigeria (2228 Views)

The Marketing Profession In Nigeria / Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? / Highest Paid Professionals And Most Lucrative Profession In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

IT Audit Profession In Nigeria by Leftfoot: 8:01pm On Nov 18, 2009
Does anyone know how much of a demand there is for this profession.  How does senior management ensure that IT controls are working the way they are intended? Management needs an independent evaluation of it's IT environment.  Any Thoughts?
Re: IT Audit Profession In Nigeria by busybody20: 7:28pm On Nov 22, 2009
The demand is not as high as you’ll have for financial auditors in Nigeria. The demand is certainly limited to the big4 audit firms, multinationals, banks and oil & gas firms. The number of IT Auditors in these firms (with exception of the big4) is usually small.

The multinationals have mainly foreign based IT Audit team mainly because most of the core IT infrastructure are hosted offshore. If the multinationals have IT Auditors based in Nigeria, it will usually be 1 or 2. Most of the banks will have on average 2 to 5 IT Auditors, while the discount houses and insurance firms will have 1 (if they have at all).

However, I have to tell you that experienced IT Auditors are scarce in Nigeria when you need to recruit one simply because of all the information I documented about. The largest pool of IT Auditors you can recruit in Nigeria are usually in the big4. The others are more often than not, not available for recruitment.
Re: IT Audit Profession In Nigeria by Leftfoot: 4:54pm On Nov 23, 2009
Thanks for that wonderful response.  I was just wondering what the demand is for IT audit.  I was hoping the demand would be as close to the regular IT profession.  I guess a lot of the IT Auditors outside Nigeria who want to work in Nigeria would either be self-employed or work for the big 4.

(1) (Reply)

Construction Workers (Professionals, Aspirants And Practitioners) / How Much Do They Pay Entry Level Staff In Heritage Bank / Can I Do My Master Program In Open University And Still Get A Good Lecturing Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.