Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,186 members, 7,807,628 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:30 PM

Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. (15683 Views)

Video:The World Most Amazing Bridges / Science Amazing Feats Of 2017(things You Missed) / Importance Of Technology To Mankind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. by yorhmienerd(m): 9:34pm On Dec 28, 2016
Billyonaire:

Hmmn sounds like only the truth can shake any faith. Again, it sounds like you are afraid of changing your belief even when you see a factually superior evidence to proof that what you believed all along was a fat fucking lie.
Pls how do prayers get answered
Re: Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 28, 2016
yorhmienerd:
Pls how do prayers get answered

Babies are taught by repetitions and constant inductions. Apply same principle of repeating everything you want until the sub-conscious mind gets the message to impulsively designs a mental construct of your desire. That is why you need to close your eyes when you pray. Cos when you close your eyes, its dark, you cant see yourself and surroundings. You literally cease to exist, except as consciousness of course.

Let's get back to the story of how; The human ethereal system is connected to the body at the chakras and merges with the cosmic grid of the universe. As you meditate repetitively, or should I say, as you program your desires through focused thoughts and acts of repetitions, you are encoding data into the cosmic grid from the human grid. As you amplify the tempo of ectoplasma from the chakras then it will come a threshold where consciousness creates reality.

Not fit for this thread.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. by Paulchris(m): 10:18pm On Dec 28, 2016
I love reading people's comments. I just can't help myself. It's like an addiction. So in honour of those comments that I have read, I have decided to write my own comment. And it's all for you. I hope you enjoy reading my comment as much as I have enjoyed writing it. It's not an interesting comment, but I'm pretty certain you have read the comment up to this point, so you may as well just keep reading right down to the end. The end.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. by Nobody: 10:47pm On Dec 28, 2016
Explorers:

most expensive civil engineering project, with a total cost of$20 billion.

Completion date: 1994.

someones foreign reserve they used to build an airport.
it's not fair ohh

1 Like

Re: Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. by Nobody: 11:04pm On Dec 28, 2016
musicwriter:

The pyramid remains the greatest engineering feat of all time, and it was built by Africans. It has never been replicated.

Till this very moment nobody understands how it was built!!

you say it was build by humans, and not just humans but africans
name another great engineering feat that was built by humans (of any race) but cannot be replicated till this day.
Re: Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. by musicwriter(m): 11:22pm On Dec 28, 2016
Admn401:

you say it was build by humans, and not just humans but africans
name another great engineering feat that was built by humans (of any race) but cannot be replicated till this day.

Of course, it was built by Africans. You can be rest assured of this, because they drew themselves and told stories on the walls inside the pyramid. Everything else they built couldn't stand the test of time. In fact, many were stolen and is spread in museums in Europe and America.

They invented mathematics, geometry, physics, chemistry. These has not been replicated.

The pyramid was built by humans of course, but whoever built it were thinking a lot of stuff.
Re: Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. by Explorers(m): 6:36am On Dec 29, 2016
Admin401:

someones foreign reserve they used to build an airport.
it's not fair ohh

About 10 people's loot in some countries.

1 Like

Re: Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. by Explorers(m): 7:04am On Dec 29, 2016
musicwriter:

Of course, it was built by Africans. You can be rest assured of this, because they drew themselves and told stories on the walls inside the pyramid. Everything else they built couldn't stand the test of time. In fact, many were stolen and is spread in museums in Europe and America.

The invented mathematics, geometry, physics, chemistry. These has not been replicated.

The pyramid was built by humans of course, but whoever built it were thinking a lot of stuff.

I believe that Pyramid holds a lot. We've only revealed the tip of the Iceberg.
Re: Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. by Haniel18: 8:41am On Dec 29, 2016
The major reason y i watch foreign movies is to gain sumtin meaniful,the movie GOD OF EGYPT a little revelation was made abt Egypt.dat tower dat was built for d rebellious king took over 2000 lives of slaves,slaves were dying everyday and over 10000 slaves built it,nw to d great pyramid do u knw hw many people would have lost their lives,amout of materials used.and i believe dat during dat era dere was close relationship with gods.
Re: Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. by nnamdiosu(m): 8:52am On Dec 29, 2016
Ishilove:
Africa ought to have some engineering feats...

My fear one of the greatest if not the greatest came from Africa...Egypt. The pyramids
Re: Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. by Explorers(m): 11:01am On Dec 29, 2016
Haniel18:
The major reason y i watch foreign movies is to gain sumtin meaniful,the movie GOD OF EGYPT a little revelation was made abt Egypt.dat tower dat was built for d rebellious king took over 2000 lives of slaves,slaves were dying everyday and over 10000 slaves built it,nw to d great pyramid do u knw hw many people would have lost their lives,amount of materials used.and i believe dat during dat era dere was close relationship with gods.

Some said the Pyramid was built by professionals and not slaves. But i know hundreds or thousands of people must have died constructing this, accident most especially.

Just like the Great wall.
Re: Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. by UnlimitedIfex(m): 10:02pm On Dec 29, 2016
Billyonaire:

Hmmn sounds like only the truth can shake any faith. Again, it sounds like you are afraid of changing your belief even when you see a factually superior evidence to proof that what you believed all along was a fat fucking lie.
The world as cum 2 a point where every1 is free 2 believe nd worship wat eva suit him/her. I tink u have chosen a way dat suit u bt it does nt give u d ryt 2 criticize wat other people in.
I have chosen a way that suit me and believe in it. Not a thousand of d so called planet x thread, can make me change my faith.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. by Rockyrascal(m): 12:48am On Dec 30, 2016
Explorers:
Great Pyramid of Giza, Egypt.

The Great Pyramid was the tallest man-made structure in the world for more than 3,800 years.

The builders responsible for the Great Pyramid of Giza would have needed more than a few tea breaks to keep them motivated.

The pyramid consists of 2.3 million stone blocks.

The largest ones, found in the King's chamber, weigh between 25 and 80 tons and were transported to the site from Aswan, 800 kilometers away.

In total, 5.5 million tons of limestone, 8,000 tons of granite and 500,000 tons of mortar were used.

How did they cut the stone into the perfect shapes, how were the stones transported from over 800km, and how were the stones lifted to that height and arranged perfectly(139m).

No caterpillars, no bulldozers, no excavators, no rock saw, drilling equipments, and no cranes or lifting equipments/machineries.

Experts have never worked out these questions, how the blocks were moved into place.

Completion date: 2504 BC.

I just wish the sun, moon, and stars are CCTVs.

We would just hack into them and play back to 5000 years.

Because the sun will be shining up in the sky while the construction was going on and the Moon/stars up in the sky as they work through the dark of the night.
the israelites really suffered.
Re: Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. by tk4rd: 5:16am On Dec 30, 2016
Rockyrascal:
the israelites really suffered.
You think it was built during the time of the reign of Rameses-1.?

2 Likes

Re: Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. by Rockyrascal(m): 9:22am On Dec 30, 2016
tk4rd:
You think it was built during the time of the reign of Rameses-1.?
I don't think so, just my thought
Re: Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. by demsid(m): 6:32pm On Dec 30, 2016
awesome
Re: Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. by Feraz(m): 9:34pm On Dec 30, 2016
musicwriter:

The invented mathematics, geometry, physics, chemistry. These has not been replicated.

Most of those if I am not mistaken were destroyed when the Romans attacked Egypt thereby destroying the library that held enough knowledges. The library was burnt down; if not, I think we'd have advanced far beyond what we know as humans as I think that is where the answers as to how the pyramids and the sphinx were built lie.

Explorers:

Some said the Pyramid was built by professionals and not slaves. But i know hundreds or thousands of people must have died constructing this, accident most especially.

Just like the Great wall.
There must definitely have been death from prolly overwork or of bricks falling. Both professional and slaves must have done that. I can only speculate as to how it was built. If you look at the history, it is said that there's a window in the topmost part through which the sun's rays shine into the pyramid as that is the passageway through which the king ascends to the heavens and the tip was aligned according to the alignment of certain stars - my memory of this is quite hazy. . . Taking this into cognizance, it must have involved high calibre of professionals in the field of astrology, astronomy etc, then as to how they have a perfect square and rectangle of blocks, leave that to the professionals in the engineering world of their time. For the transportation of these, elephants and other large animals which must have been domesticated, heck, slaves would also have been used.

1 Like

Re: Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. by Feraz(m): 9:40pm On Dec 30, 2016
Billyonaire:
Dr. Mike Heier knows little about the Pyramid, has very little knowledge of the Anunnakis and has no proof that the information is wrong. He just sat his ass on one chair and say there is no evidence. You see, if he wants to learn, he can move around and search and not sit at one place and say, it is not true.

The scientists that worked on the sumerian texts from which most of the Holy books are drafted from, are actually more cerebral than the Heier guy.
Re: Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. by musicwriter(m): 10:17pm On Dec 30, 2016
Feraz:
Most of those if I am not mistaken were destroyed when the Romans attacked Egypt thereby destroying the library that held enough knowledges. The library was burnt down; if not, I think we'd have advanced far beyond what we know as humans as I think that is where the answers as to how the pyramids and the sphinx were built lie.

Several competing European colonial forces has tried many times to steal African history. And indeed, they stole many and it's in their museums across Europe and America as I speak. Nobody knows what else must have been stolen or destroyed that we don't even know about.

Europeans were intimidated when they first arrived Egypt to discover it was more advanced in all areas than Europe. In 1798, when the French got there, a French lieutenant named Napoleon, commanded his troop to begin blowing off the noses of the Egyptian statues because they looked typically African. His troop destroyed and buried so many stuffs that were later excavated.

For more information please read the articles on this link http://suzar.com/BOTW/BOTW-ch2a-pages23-25.html

1 Like

Re: Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. by Explorers(m): 9:55am On Jan 03, 2017
The Channel Tunnel (The Chunnel).

Opened in 1994, the Channel Tunnel is an undersea connection between England and France.

Crossing the English Channel, the tunnel holds the record for longest undersea portion, at 37.9 km (23.5 mi) out of a total length of 50.5 km (31.4 mi).

The tunnel reaches a depth of impressive 75 m (250 ft) and allow trains to travel at 160 kmh (99 mph).

With the channel tunnel passengers can travel from London to Paris in just 2 hours 15 minutes.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. by paschal47(m): 10:00am On Jan 03, 2017
Explorers:

Opened in 1994, the Channel Tunnel is an undersea connection between England and France.

Crossing the English Channel, the tunnel holds the record for longest undersea portion, at 37.9 km (23.5 mi) out of a total length of 50.5 km (31.4 mi).

The tunnel reaches a depth of impressive 75 m (250 ft) and allow trains to travel at 160 kmh (99 mph).

With the channel tunnel passengers can travel from London to Paris in just 2 hours 15 minutes.
2 hours 15 minute? London to Paris? Oyibo people are way ahead

1 Like

Re: Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. by julioralph(m): 10:09am On Jan 03, 2017
Explorers:

I've heard so much about this channel. a real engineering feat indeed.
Re: Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. by Fembleez1(m): 12:28am On Jan 04, 2017
Everything about England is underground grin I just love them. Make use of anything, be it Air, Water, underground and even land.
Re: Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. by Explorers(m): 9:23am On Jan 04, 2017
julioralph:

I've heard so much about this channel. a real engineering feat indeed.

They went below the sea bed for almost 50km.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. by julioralph(m): 12:53pm On Jan 04, 2017
Explorers:

They went below the sea bed for almost 50km.
wow. Thats awesome
Re: Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. by Emusan(m): 11:09pm On Jan 05, 2017
Explorers:
From the Great Pyramid built almost 3000 years ago with over 2million stones weighing 2.5 tons each to the Palm Islands in Dubai, built of islands that had to be constructed from rock and sandstone, to stepping out onto an oval glass ring above the Grand Canyon.

These are just a couple of amazing constructions found around the world and here are some of the greatest feats of engineering that we think are worth a mention.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/04/travel/engineering-feats/

What about Hong Kong International Airport?

It was built on artificial land and it has the largest cargo in the world where over 1million of luggage passed everyday without human touch.

There are two major waters crossing to the Airport, initially it posses a big challenge for engineers but which were solved by building an under water tunnel at about 50m below water and a double decker suspension bridge.

We need MEGASTRUCTURE in this country.

1 Like

Re: Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. by Explorers(m): 10:23am On Jan 06, 2017
Emusan:

What about Hong Kong International Airport?

It was built on artificial land and it has the largest cargo in the world where over 1million of luggage passed everyday without human touch.

There are two major waters crossing to the Airport, initially it posses a big challenge for engineers but which were solved by building an under water tunnel at about 50m below water and a double decker suspension bridge.

We need MEGASTRUCTURE in this country.

Amazing.
Re: Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. by sirpatrick(m): 7:39pm On Jan 09, 2017
he Palm Islands (oth

1 Like

Re: Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. by jantavanta(m): 8:33am On Jan 11, 2017
Ishilove:
Africa ought to have some engineering feats...

Egypt is very much in Africa, even after series of invasions.
Re: Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. by Explorers(m): 8:17am On Jan 15, 2017
gensteejay:
Another fascinating thread from Explorers. Indeed, this geezer's threads are the very best on this forum.

Kudos, Explorers!

Lols...Thanks bro.
Re: Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. by sirfee(m): 6:52am On Jan 22, 2017
Explorers:

The ISS is operated by an international collaboration consisting of USA, Russia, Canada, Japan and the European Space Agency(Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom).
Smhhh!there's no African state,Kudos @explorers(boss).
Re: Some Of The Greatest And Most Amazing Engineering Feats Of Mankind. by Explorers(m): 12:40pm On Jan 22, 2017
sirfee:
Smhhh!there's no African state,Kudos @explorers(boss).

We will get there someday.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles / What Do You Call This Domesticated Fowl In Your Dialect? / How To Join GeoPoll and Earn Airtime Credit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.