Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,480 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:14 PM

Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots (3457 Views)

Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 / Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 / WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by RuuDie(m): 5:59am On Nov 19, 2009
Unlucky Irish. . . how could such a blatant handball go unnoticed
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by RuuDie(m): 6:01am On Nov 19, 2009
Personally i suggest a rematch - a 1 leg play-off in a neutral venue. . . . France do not deserve to be in the WC, even TH12 admitted to using his hand, how could that game be allowed to stand
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by RuuDie(m): 6:06am On Nov 19, 2009
Thierry Henry has admitted he handled the ball in the build up to France's vital goal against Republic of Ireland, but pointed the finger of blame firmly at referee Martin Hansson.

France were second best to Republic of Ireland over both legs, but will make the trip to the World Cup courtesy of William Gallas's goal which secured a 2-1 aggregate win for les Bleus.

All the talk following the second leg at the Stade de France centred on Henry who handled the ball twice, once to keep the ball in and the second to gain control, before teeing up Gallas to score.

Ireland's players have stated they feel cheated but some have said they may have done the same in Henry's position, suggesting it was up to the referee and his assistants to get the right outcome.

And this is clearly the view of Henry, who said: "Yes, there is handball but I am not the referee.

"I'm in the box, there are two defenders in front of me. The ball bounced off my hand, the referee did not see it and I played on.

"It doesn't change anything to the fact that I'm happy we have qualified."

Eurosport

How low can a man stoop very disgraceful. . . . .
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by ritchboy(m): 9:34am On Nov 19, 2009
is it as disgraceful as rooney's dive against arsenal? cheesy

what exactly do you think he should have done? grin
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by Nobody: 12:13pm On Nov 19, 2009
i get it.
saying cr4p just to get attention.
how does the incident involving daft almunia equate with this.
But it's an Arsenal thing.Pires,Eduardo have all been known to dive in times past,and with such accuracy.
S Henry cheating isn't really surprising
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by ritchboy(m): 12:21pm On Nov 19, 2009
this chimpanzee faced chipmunk called eastbay is asking me how rooney's dive(cheating) is related to henry's handball(cheating). . .

not only did a Man Utd player(Cantona) commit the most disgraceful act in the history of football, another Man Utd player(Ronaldo) is the greatest diver in the history of the league.
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by tkb417(m): 12:39pm On Nov 19, 2009
ritchboy:

this chimpanzee faced chipmunk called eastbay is asking me how rooney's dive(cheating) is related to henry's handball(cheating). . .

not only did a Man Utd player(Cantona) commit the most disgraceful act in the history of football, another Man Utd player(Ronaldo) is the greatest diver in the history of the league.
story
i think Arsenal breed rogues and cheats
Eduardo was recently banned by FIFA and now the Igwe of retards has done it again

inbecile shld go to church and ask for forgiveness
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by mukina2: 12:48pm On Nov 19, 2009
RuuDie:

How low can a man stoop very disgraceful. . . . .

Didnt you see Robbie keane's own? or is it cuz TH's own resulted in a beautiful header by Willie G grin grin

oh please. tongue

I saw no hand ball grin the ball bounced on his hand twice.
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by andyty(m): 12:52pm On Nov 19, 2009
You guys should always put club sentiments aside when analysing matches, Henry himself admitted handling the ball and I don't see the issue of rooney, ronaldo and eduardo arising here. The Irish were unlucky and they have themselves to blame too for not taking their chances when thay had it.
Ukraine should blame themselves because they didn't do enough.
Russia's problem was the away goal they allowed Slovenia scored in the first leg in Moscow and they paid dearly for it.
Portugal cruised past Bosnia as Bosnia were missing four regular players, but that's not taking anything away from the Portugese.

In all I felt sorry for Ireland and Ukraine. Russia? the blame is on u.
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by RuuDie(m): 12:55pm On Nov 19, 2009
mukina2:

Didnt you see Robbie keane's own? or is it cuz TH's own resulted in a beautiful header by Willie G grin grin

oh please. tongue

Ok. . . . .  well, he's in the wrong sport - he berra come register for Ebun Comets then!

the stupid fool comes on worldwide tv and blames it on the ref  shocked   even maradona in his drugged state had sense enough to pin it on divine powers that couldn't be challenged!

please TH12 is a disgrace to pro-football/footballers - i mean this is something that primary school kiddies should be doing.

Ukraine lost and Andrei Shevchenko was in tears because he wanted badly to play in the WC. . . . he's out but at least he goes out with dignity in defeat not this ignominy of TH12 in victory.
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by andyty(m): 1:04pm On Nov 19, 2009
Henry should have kept quiet instead of insulting soccer lovers and irish fans by saying it wasn't intentionally done. FIFA is on the spot again as to whether video replays will be allowed to assist referees. Also, the referee should be banned for telling Kevin Kilbane that the ball didn't touch Henry's hand.
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by RuuDie(m): 1:10pm On Nov 19, 2009
The Irish justice minister demanded a rematch today after a blatant handball put France into the World Cup finals. Dermot Ahern lashed out at the governing body Fifa after the Republic of Ireland were beaten by a controversial extra-time goal illegally set up by the France captain, Thierry Henry.

The Barcelona forward confessed to using his arm to control the ball before squaring for his team-mate William Gallas to finish and Ahern called for Fifa to be called to account in the interests of fair play. "They probably won't grant it as we are minnows in world football but let's put them on the spot," the minister said.

"It's the least we owe the thousands of devastated young fans around the country. Otherwise, if that result remains, it reinforces the view that if you cheat you will win."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/nov/19/thierry-henry-handball-ireland-world-cup

Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by RuuDie(m): 1:12pm On Nov 19, 2009
mukina2:

oh please. tongue

Yeah right. . . . looked more like he was bouncing the ball with his hand and running.

No worry im go still do am to CIV for WC, dat time truth go comot ur mop'!
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by HNIC(m): 1:34pm On Nov 19, 2009
Really
I find it Bizarre when footie fans keep insinuating that TH!4 is still with ARSENAL
Dude is with Barca
Carry allyour frustration to Barca's door steps.
Afterall when he won the CL in May, haterz were poking fun at Arsenal, that he would never have won it if he remained.
Now that he has used'hand of God' Retards all over the world are linking him to Arsenal !
Like I said earlier
If it had been the other way round,
Would Duff, Keane or O shea run to the referee and tell him to cancel the goal because they handled the ball?
It was a foul and should have been spotted by the referee or the linesmen
and If they didnt , too bad
Afterall, people have been advocating for Video replay for years(including me)
but some people keep saying, this will remove the human element from the game
Let's continue!
Hand ball would soon determine who wins the world cup!
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by mukina2: 1:36pm On Nov 19, 2009
RuuDie:

Yeah right. . . .  looked more like he was bouncing the ball with his hand and running.

No worry im go still do am to CIV for WC, dat time truth go comot your mop'!
naaa he cant do it against CIV tongue tongue

the irish didnt make good use of their chances grin grin
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by Emperoh(m): 1:57pm On Nov 19, 2009
HNIC
I understand your sentiments but blame your fellow gunners for jumping to defend a former gunner!!
Ruudie posted what TH14 did only for some Gunners to come in and give it a club colouration

TH14 cheated and that was it. . . . its like saying i had to rob First Bank because i need money to go on vacation
How does that sound?
He cheated point blank and thats it. . . . .his comment is even belated and irritating
No justification for immorality or crime.
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 19, 2009
ritchboy:

If Almunia wasn't as daft as he looks,ass-wipe,then maybe rooney would look ridiculous going to ground.
but since he decided to go to stupidly contest for a lost cause,you have no basis to compare the two incidents.
If you're still here crying about an incident almost three months gone,then you need a pychiatrist ASAP.
I'm done talking to children of critters.Get a life and think like a human for once.
As for your claim on Cantona,you're entitled to your opinion.You don't have to turn into a rambler just to discredit united as cheaters when Arsenal is around
HNIC:

Really
I find it Bizarre when footie fans keep insinuating that TH!4 is still with ARSENAL
Dude is with Barca
Carry allyour frustration to Barca's door steps.
Afterall when he won the CL in May, haterz were poking fun at Arsenal, that he would never have won it if he remained.
Now that he has used'hand of God' Retards all over the world are linking him to Arsenal !
Like I said earlier
If it had been the other way round,
Would Duff, Keane or O shea run to the referee and tell him to cancel the goal because they handled the ball?
It was a foul and should have been spotted by the referee or the linesmen
and If they didnt , too bad
Afterall, people have been advocating for Video replay for years(including me)
but some people keep saying, this will remove the human element from the game
Let's continue!
Hand ball would soon determine who wins the world cup!
Stop arguing for the sake of it.
Everyone knows TH got his career rolling at Arsenal.
All your "ifs" are invalid,since they never happened.
henry is A HYPOCRITE.Consoling dunne after celebrating the goal.
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by Sauron1: 2:11pm On Nov 19, 2009
ARSENAL. . . . . . .ARSENAL. . . . . .ARSENAL. . .

Wenger taught Henry how to cheat.
France as a nation is a disgrace and i hope Henry gets banned.
If Eduardo can be pillored by the media for CHEATING then Henry should be banned for 5 games after this.
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by HNIC(m): 2:39pm On Nov 19, 2009
Emperoh:

HNIC
I understand your sentiments but blame your fellow gunners for jumping to defend a former gunner!!
Ruudie posted what TH14 did only for some Gunners to come in and give it a club colouration

TH14 cheated and that was it. . . . its like saying i had to rob First Bank because i need money to go on vacation
How does that sound?
He cheated point blank and thats it. . . . .his comment is even belated and irritating
No justification for immorality or crime.

@ Emp
Like I said earlier,
He handled the ball, it's a foul
But. . . .
The referee or the linesman should have spotted it
What of the Irish who failed to convert all the begging chances
was it Henry's fault also?
Eastbay:

Stop arguing for the sake of it.
Everyone knows TH got his career rolling at Arsenal.
All your "ifs" are invalid,since they never happened.
@Eastbay
So what if he got his career off at Arsenal
(like he wasn't known the world over before he laced boots for Arsenal)
He plays for Barca now simple
Meanwhile,anything relating to Arsenal just gets you mouthing off subjectively!
This statement makes u look like a Clown
No. . . .
He shouldn't have celebrated when the ball went in, he should have gone to the ref and protested
and if the ref had disallowed the goal, Henry would have been given a 'Noble peace prize'
Dude, you are the freaking hypocrite!
~Sauron~:

ARSENAL. . . . . . .ARSENAL. . . . . .ARSENAL. . .

Wenger taught Henry how to cheat.
France as a nation is a disgrace and i hope Henry gets banned.
If Eduardo can be pillored by the media for CHEATING then Henry should be banned for 5 games after this.
You are just a Clown
remember when you are abusing France, you've got Evra in the French team
and who knows if Obertan does well this season,he may get into the team.
Not forgeting some Frenchies who have served u well in the past
Silvestre, Cantona,Blanc
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by Sauron1: 2:56pm On Nov 19, 2009
HNIC:

You are just a Clown
remember when you are abusing France, you've got Evra in the French team
and who knows if Obertan does well this season,he may get into the team.
Not forgeting some Frenchies who have served u well in the past
Silvestre, Cantona,Blanc

This is not about France. . . . . . .It's about what Wenger taught his French players to do in big games.
Evra and Obertan will never play for Wenger so don't ever put em in the category of Henry the cheat.
If Ireland had done that to qualify at the expense of France, Platini would be calling for a REPLAY.

We all know France are better than the Irish so they didn't need to cheat to book a place in South Africa.
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by HNIC(m): 3:09pm On Nov 19, 2009
~Sauron~:

This is not about France. . . . . . .It's about what Wenger taught his French players to do in big games.
Evra and Obertan will never play for Wenger so don't ever put em in the category of Henry the cheat.
If Ireland had done that to qualify at the expense of France, Platini would be calling for a REPLAY.

We all know France are better than the Irish so they didn't need to cheat to book a place in South Africa.
You and your one sided way of seeing things.
Was Evra not in the team yesterday?
Why didnt he exclude himself from the celebrations that followed when the goal was scored
by walking up to the referee to say it was a handball and tearing his Jersey in front of everyone
or make a statement that he would never play for France again because they cheated! shocked
Hypocrites everywhere!
Like France are the only team that has ever benefited from the referee/lines men's poor decisions.
Rubbish
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by ritchboy(m): 3:15pm On Nov 19, 2009
its like this buffoon types the first stupid thought he thinks by default

If Almunia wasn't as daft as he looks,ass-wipe,then maybe rooney would look ridiculous going to ground.

rooney looked as ridiculous as a pigeon in an armani suit going down before any form of contact was made. . . especially when he had already kicked the ball OUT OF PLAY.

you have no basis to compare the two incidents.

if in ur stupidity rooney didnt cheat in that game, what about his other infamous dive against arsenal that resulted in the penalty which RVN(another 5 star cheat) converted and ended arsenals 49 game unbeaten run?

If you're still here crying about an incident almost three months gone,then you need a pychiatrist ASAP.

how does pointing out the fact many players have cheated in the past = 'crying'? what manner of an idiot is eastbay? the incident occured three months ago but it still has an impact on the current league table, u half witted ignoramus.

As for your claim on Cantona,you're entitled to your opinion.

its not just my opinion. . . Cantona's kung-fu kick is the biggest disgrace in the history of football  grin

You don't have to turn into a rambler just to discredit united as cheaters when Arsenal is around

United have benefited more from dodgy officiating than any other team in the premier league era.
surely even a quarter brained dunce like u would agree.
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by Sauron1: 3:17pm On Nov 19, 2009
HNIC:

You and your one sided way of seeing things.
Was Evra not in the team yesterday?
Why didnt he exclude himself from the celebrations that followed when the goal was scored
by walking up to the referee to say it was a handball and tearing his Jersey in front of everyone
or make a statement that he would never play for France again because they cheated! shocked

I doubt Evra saw what Henry did. . . . . .He is too well-mannered to resort to cheating in a big game like that.
Henry on the other hand is a flaming cheat of a player. . . . The thing is, he handballed it twice.
The first time with his wrist as it came to him, and then when he realised it was still going out he did it again with his fingertips.

Hypocrites everywhere!
Like France are  the only team that has ever benefited from the referee/lines men's poor decisions.
Rubbish

Did you see how Henry celebrated? Arshavin woulda told the ref to shut up/open his eyes cos the goal wasn't deserved but Henry celebrated after the goal and after the match. He is classless. A rogue.
A cheat in football, a serial cheat in MARRIAGE.

I hope he dies a painful death for making O'Shea miss his last attempt at going to a world cup.
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by RuuDie(m): 3:30pm On Nov 19, 2009
@ HNIC,

this ain't about linesman/ref poor decisions or the Irish not taking their chances - the INFURIATING thing here is TH12 intentionally handling the ball and coming out hours later to say to the world "I carried that ball with my hand, it was not a mistake, it was very much premeditated; so what the Bleep can u do about it "

That is the ANNOYING thing. . . . if it was accidental, then we can all say "s********t happens" & take down as luck/misfortune appropriately.

This definitely discredits the game, the governing body, everything. . . . .  The whole french national team is a DISGRACE as far as i'm concerned; irreespective of wether u play for Bayelsa or Sharks.

this is definitely not something TH12 or any other player should be proud of.
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by HNIC(m): 3:35pm On Nov 19, 2009
~Sauron~:

I doubt Evra saw what Henry did. . . . . .He is too well-mannered to resort to cheating in a big game like that.
Henry on the other hand is a flaming cheat of a player. . . . The thing is, he handballed it twice.
The first time with his wrist as it came to him, and then when he realised it was still going out he did it again with his fingertips.
You are just like the typical British Press
It's the reason why the English team would never win anything in the near future.

Evra
If he didn't see what Henry did, he must be Blind!!!
and did u say well mannered?
The same Evra that challenged Fab4 to a street fight
~Sauron~:

A cheat in football, a serial cheat in MARRIAGE.
Who cares what he does in his marriage?
~Sauron~:

I hope he dies a painful death for making O'Shea miss his last attempt at going to a world cup.
O shea is pure shyte
He had a chance to score a second goal for the Irish
He was left unmarked at the far post and the IDIOT balooned the ball over the bar.
If the nit-wit had scored, it wouldnt have meant a thing if Henry had held the ball and danced makossa with it before putting it in the net
Oshea, Keano and all the other mediocre Irish players are the villain here, not Henry!
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by Sauron1: 3:42pm On Nov 19, 2009
HNIC:

You are just like the typical British Press
It's the reason why the English team would never win anything in the near future.

What will France win in the enar future?

Evra
If he didn't see what Henry did, he must be Blind!!!

Evra was 50 yards away from the incident. . . . .He couldn't have seen the lying cheating Arrow called Henry.

and did u say well mannered?
The same Evra that challenged Fab4 to a street fight

Challenging someone to a street fight is different from having the intention to CHEAT a team out of the world cup.
Thierry Henry is a disgrace to all the French people.

Who cares what he does in his marriage?

I thunk CHARITY begins at HOME, no?
If you cheat at home, you would CHEAT in public and that is the case with your hero.
I would rather have France at the world cup than ROI but not in that manner. . . . . .Yakubu and Martins did not use their hands to take Nigeria to South Africa. . . . .why must HENRY?

O shea is pure shyte
He had a chance to score a second goal for the Irish
He was left unmarked at the far post and the IDIOT balooned the ball over the bar.
If the nit-wit had scored, it wouldnt have meant a thing if Henry had held the ball and danced makossa with it before putting it in the net
Oshea, Keano and all the other mediocre Irish players are the villain here, not Henry!

Look at your stupid logic.
So any time a team fails to take their chances, they must be punished by the other team via cheating.
It is people like you that add to the ugly statistic that Nigeria produce the highest number of retards in the 3rd world.
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by HNIC(m): 3:47pm On Nov 19, 2009
RuuDie:

@ HNIC,

this ain't about linesman/ref poor decisions or the Irish not taking their chances - the INFURIATING thing here is TH12 intentionally handling the ball and coming out hours later to say to the world "I carried that ball with my hand, it was not a mistake, it was very much premeditated; so what the Bleep can u do about it "

That is the ANNOYING thing. . . . if it was accidental, then we can all say "s********t happens" & take down as luck/misfortune appropriately.

This definitely discredits the game, the governing body, everything. . . . .  The whole french national team is a DISGRACE as far as i'm concerned; irreespective of wether u play for Bayelsa or Sharks.

this is definitely not something TH12 or any other player should be proud of.
@Ruudie
forget whatever TH14 said.
He could have well have begged for forgiveness, it wouldn't change a thing
Footballers are not moralists, neither are they 'Jesus Christ'
I am not making excuses for anyone
For me, the blame should  go to the governing bodies for not changing the laws of the game
Damn it
Bring in a video replay
If there was a video replay last night, Ireland may have still reached the World Cup and TITI would either have been yellow carded or sent off yesterday.
And all this hulabaloo wont be necessary!
But really, if you expected TH 14 to have owned up to the deliberate hand ball yesterday after he scored, you must be joking!
Anyone wants to bet?
There will still be deliberate handballs, diving etc this weekend and players will get away with it.

In fact, I am expecting that, in south africa, the finals will be won controversially
Just wait and see!
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by HNIC(m): 4:05pm On Nov 19, 2009
~Sauron~:

What will France win in the enar future?

France has a better chance of winning the World Cup than England.
Match them player for Player
Fabio would wish he was with France

~Sauron~:

Evra was 50 yards away from the incident. . . . .He couldn't have seen the lying cheating Arrow called Henry.

How convenient!

~Sauron~:

I thunk CHARITY begins at HOME, no?
If you cheat at home, you would CHEAT in public and that is the case with your hero.
I would rather have France at the world cup than ROI but not in that manner. . . . . .Yakubu and Martins did not use their hands to take Nigeria to South Africa. . . . .why must HENRY?
Look at the highlighted
and to think u called mine 'Stupid logic'
What's this?
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by RuuDie(m): 5:05pm On Nov 19, 2009
@ HNIC,

there is no excusing TH12 for the shyte he did. . . . . . & putting the blame on the governing bodies for not employing video tech is doing just that.

for Bleep's sake, people can manage to put up with diving, simulation etc but this is so not right. for a man so many people look up as they would a god, this is totally unacceptable. and to think he comes out publicly to gloat about it, is a slap to everybody that is involved with football.
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by RuuDie(m): 5:06pm On Nov 19, 2009
well. . . . he can thank his stars that it didn't happen in Sudan!
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by HNIC(m): 5:16pm On Nov 19, 2009
RuuDie:

@ HNIC,

there is no excusing TH12 for the shyte he did. . . . . . & putting the blame on the governing bodies for not employing video tech is doing just that.

for Bleep's sake, people can manage to put up with diving, simulation etc but this is so not right. for a man so many people look up as they would a god, this is totally unacceptable. and to think he comes out publicly to gloat about it, is a slap to everybody that is involved with football.
@Ruudie
Lemme ask a question
Would you be this hard and annoyed if a manchester united player had done exactly this?
Be Truthful !
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by slimshay(m): 5:25pm On Nov 19, 2009
the day the below incident happened the headlines screamed Clever Owen wins penalty for England!!!

Hypocricy is a biatch!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cancelled / 90 Odds Tips Today 01/10/2017 RESULTS / *DOWNLOAD* How Weligton Grabbed Messi Throat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.