Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,027 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill (20130 Views)

Amir, Sultan Of Sokoto’s Son Had Accident After ‘Getting High On Codeine’ / Fatima Abubakar, Sultan's Daughter Graduates From U.K University / Nigeria's Sultan Of Sokoto Rejects Gender Equality Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by cosade(m): 8:31am On Dec 28, 2016
Ramanto:
the society is so anti-islam. some people will naturally stop eating with their right hands and switch to left the moment they know islam prescribes eating with the right hand and forbids doing so with the left. well, people's opinions won't change nothing

That is discrimination against the Southpaws. I know many Muslims that are southpaw and they eat with their left hands. One even told me the running battles he always have with his Clerics on this issue.

One day, he said he went to a mosque and on entering, he removed his right shoe before the left and a Cleric had to call him for correction, that he should always remove the left shoe first and when wearing them, he should wear the right one first. He simply told the Cleric that, the issue of which shoe to wear or remove first, has nothing to do with his act worship, and that worship is of the mind.

2 Likes

Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by LordIsaac(m): 8:31am On Dec 28, 2016
On this point I agree with the Sultan 100%. Infact, may God continue to prosper him in Jesus name. Untill women start paying groom price, make their own money, fend for the family, take care of in laws and stop thinking that sex is for sale and must be bought for their survival, that bill must not, I repeat, MUST NOT see the light of the day, nor the night. Except, of course, they want the male gender to be extinct.

1 Like

Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by niyihawking(m): 8:32am On Dec 28, 2016
Princess4ng:

Oboi.... All these for me Thank u very much ooo....
and many more
Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by yahmohy27: 8:33am On Dec 28, 2016
Justdulla:

You are one of the saddening problems of Nigerian youths. The problem is that you people don't read and arent informed. Islam already has laws on what the legislature is aiming to implement, so why should they subject muslims to a new one??
They have been living with it for many years and there has never been problem of Inheritance et al In muslim domains because there is already a stipulated sharing formula.
I made use of google. Next time make use of google as well before posting thrash. It will be beneficial for common sense and humanity
No mind them jare, they think muslims will handle islam as they do handle theirs with carelessness forgotten God is first in everything man wants to do ? Islam is a way of life and therefore we can't anything that will contradict it ,so also Christians should do by stopping or rejecting anything that will contradict the commandment of the Bibble if really they take God serious
Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by alezzy13: 8:34am On Dec 28, 2016
There's no need for the term "equality" in the bill. As I understand, it seeks is to increase the rights of females regarding inheritance, remarrying etc. I have absolutely no problem with that.

My grouse is with the so called equality charade. Its is misnomer and it is fake.

Until they starting pissing while standing, men and women will NEVER be equal. Lets get that right

1 Like

Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by Princess4ng(f): 8:34am On Dec 28, 2016
niyihawking:

and many more

Weldone ooo.... Pour them out abeg...make sure u pour it to the last... It won't stop me from being successful in life...
Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by Supreme55(f): 8:38am On Dec 28, 2016
Justdulla:

You are one of the saddening problems of Nigerian youths. The problem is that you people don't read and arent informed. Islam already has laws on what the legislature is aiming to implement, so why should they subject muslims to a new one??
They have been living with it for many years and there has never been problem of Inheritance et al In muslim domains because there is already a stipulated sharing formula.
I made use of google. Next time make use of google as well before posting thrash. It will be beneficial for common sense and humanity
can you listen to yourself?

2 Likes

Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by samsard(m): 8:38am On Dec 28, 2016
Princess4ng:
Not only in Islam... Even culturally, u cant say a woman and man are equal... Even Bible said that man is d head meaning man is superior.. In some culture sef.. Women worst their husbands like gods... Am a woman, I know we should be allowed and given some right but total equality is not advisable.... E go too climb our head sef
Slave mindset. So the women in civilised climes have gone mad because of equality abi? Well, in case you want to remain a man's slave coz of a 2,000 year-old book of myths. I want the women in my life to be afforded equal opportunities like the men, no more, no less and you can decide to be a slave if that is what rocks your boat.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by bejeria101(m): 8:39am On Dec 28, 2016
Somebody tell dis boko boy to shut it,he shld form sultan on those subjects and nt join issues with what he doesnt knw,e dey fear say him wives go slap am?

1 Like

Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by Supreme55(f): 8:39am On Dec 28, 2016
alezzy13:
There's no need for the term "equality" in the bill. As I understand, it seeks is to increase the rights of females regarding inheritance, remarrying etc. I have absolutely no problem with that.

My grouse is with the so called equality charade. Its is misnomer and it is fake.

Until they starting pissing while standing, men and women will NEVER be equal. Lets get that right
where is your sense? Just listen to yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by Princess4ng(f): 8:42am On Dec 28, 2016
samsard:
Slave mindset. So the women in civilised climes have gone mad because of equality abi? Well, in case you want to remain a man's slave coz of a 2,000 year-old book of myths. I want the women in my life to be afforded equal opportunities like the men, no more, no less and you can decide to be a slave if that is what rocks your boat.

Did u say 2,000 year old book of myth
Did u say slave
Well, ur entitled to ur own opinion....
cool cool
Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by goingape1: 8:42am On Dec 28, 2016
Dalek:

awwwwwwn he is stupid as he gets, how cute he can't read. point to ur pig mother hoeloshi hoeloribu piglet of a lost animal family
we know you kept your brain somewhere!
just go find it when you have time.
Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by Supreme55(f): 8:43am On Dec 28, 2016
LordIsaac:
On this point I agree with the Sultan 100%. Infact, may God continue to prosper him in Jesus name. Untill women start paying groom price, make their own money, fend for the family, take care of in laws and stop thinking that sex is for sale and must be bought for their survival, that bill must not, I repeat, MUST NOT see the light of the day, nor the night. Except, of course, they want the male gender to be extinct.
Oga receive sense. Should I give you a list of things men should be able to do too? And you think men are not selling sex? What are you all afraid of?

2 Likes

Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by niyihawking(m): 8:44am On Dec 28, 2016
LordIsaac:
lmao........you are damn dumb I swear

you want women to start paying the groom price when they are confined to the kitchen, you want them to fend for the family and take care of in-laws when they are being discriminated against, you want them to stop thinking that sex is for when you've confined them to the oda room.....its obvious that you don't understand an iota of this subject...

some of them now suffer from lack of esteem(like princess above), most do not have what it takes to carry out the task of feeding families and in-laws cos we've killed their vibe..

I suggest that senate pass the bill if they don't want wahala o

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by Adefemiaderoju1: 8:45am On Dec 28, 2016
The best thing that can happen to Nigeria is Northerners to go their separate ways, to form their own country

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by Supreme55(f): 8:49am On Dec 28, 2016
futprintz:
The part of bill that permits a widow to marry another man AND bring such man into her matrimonial home I will NT agree with. It is very insensitive and dishonorable to the dead man and his family.it's absolutely unafrican and should nt be encouraged undecided The implications of such a practice is better left to imagination.
Oga listen to yourself. But a widower is allowed to remarry a woman of his choice? The vows say till death do they part.

7 Likes

Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by stone07(m): 9:00am On Dec 28, 2016
What will be the case of the woman responsible for her husband death? Will she also inherit and be in charge of the children?
Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by ephi123(f): 9:00am On Dec 28, 2016
Can they start with banning child marriage first of all?

Northerners need to stop with archaic practices, it is not fair to the girl child!

8 Likes

Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by KissCODE(m): 9:01am On Dec 28, 2016
Dalek:
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful....

Humanity will overcome...
Mention one wise person that is not "very" religious.

This is how you guys claim Facebook owner is atheist until he came out on Dec 25th to disclaim his atheist status giving him by people like you.
Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by otosa(m): 9:02am On Dec 28, 2016
Justdulla:

I think our genesis problem in this country is the borrow religion that will never soft our problem. We need a law that will be generally accepted to everybody. This is not the Jerusalem or Saudi Arabia. This is Nigeria for God sake. Are u expecting people in SS and SE to go and read the Quran just because they want to have their understanding in that? Bible and Quran are for Religion while Constitution is for Nation/Country. if we can not make the law that will be acceptable to all, then we are not mere to life together talkless of have a country called Nigeria.

9 Likes

Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by niyihawking(m): 9:04am On Dec 28, 2016
yahmohy27:
No mind them jare, they think muslims will handle islam as they do handle theirs with carelessness forgotten God is first in everything man wants to do ? Islam is a way of life and therefore we can't anything that will contradict it ,so also Christians should do by stopping or rejecting anything that will contradict the commandment of the Bibble if really they take God serious

you are saying rubbish

Islam is a way of life for its adherents only, likewise Christianity.

what bout those of other religions(apart from Islam and Christianity)?. they should push for their own bill too

what bout those who are secular in nature?, they should push for their own bill too

you people are damn selfish

as for me, I won't let my daughter, my wife ,my sisters live in a country where they will be discriminated against without any benefit of attorney cos of their faith.

Hence, we pushing for the bill

4 Likes

Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by olayinka63: 9:13am On Dec 28, 2016
carmag:

..it's sad that I share thesame country with these people...very very sad
Try to comprehend brother everything cannot go the way you want it. I can recalled that the issue of gender equality was brought up in a convention at the South East of Nigeria around two years ago, then their elders kicked against it immediately. So let us not drive this to religion, the same opinion of Sultan will be heard if you throw the gender equality issue to the south east and South South. Nigerians are not ready to be like Americans in all ramifications.
Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by olayinka63: 9:14am On Dec 28, 2016
Try to comprehend brothers everything cannot go the way you want it. I can recalled that the issue of gender equality was brought up in a convention at the South East of Nigeria around two years ago, then their elders kicked against it immediately. So let us not drive this to religion, the same opinion of Sultan will be heard if you throw the gender equality issue to the south east and South South. Nigerians are not ready to be like Americans in all ramifications.
Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by Dalek(m): 9:17am On Dec 28, 2016
KissCODE:
Mention one wise person that is not "very" religious.

This is how you guys claim Facebook owner is atheist until he came out on Dec 25th to disclaim his atheist status giving him by people like you.

am neither here to argue Religion or MZ with you nor claim to be an atheist. so pls move on to a fellow lost mind.
Kind regards.
Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by forgiveness: 9:19am On Dec 28, 2016
When Bible writes about genealogy, Women are always silence. The genealogy of Jesus only mentioned 4 women because of their exceptional faith. When it pertained to inheritance, Women where also silence. Meaning they were never given anything. Starting with Abraham who had many children apart from Ishmael and Isaac. Abraham gave gifts to his female children but never divided the inheritance equally. When Jacob divided inheritance, nothing was giving to the only female child.

When Moses shared the current land after they conquered the inhabitants, Women were given nothing, save the daughters of Zelophehad of the family of Manasseh because he had no 'son'. Meaning if he had sons nothing for the daughters. Infact, the daughters where not allowed to marry outside the family of Manasseh. Why? So that the inheritance doesn't move to another family.

In the Bible, inheritance are giving to female only if the man has no son. Number 26 : 7.

Why? because God wants to keep name of the man. Man is the head of the house. God is the head of Man. That is the order.

Woman means' from Man' or 'came from Man'. So, how can what came from man(Woman) be equal with Man?

But Yorubas law says 'ori o ju ori lo' mean One head is not better than another'
Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by cococandy(f): 9:21am On Dec 28, 2016
Honey speak only for yourself.
You can't tell other women whether they should want equality or not.

It's okay if you consider yourself inferior but that's you. So talk about yourself not 'our head'.

Speak for yourself.
Many of you don't even know the Bible you're touting so rampantly. Ignorance.
Princess4ng:
Not only in Islam... Even culturally, u cant say a woman and man are equal... Even Bible said that man is d head meaning man is superior.. In some culture sef.. Women worst their husbands like gods... Am a woman, I know we should be allowed and given some right but total equality is not advisable.... E go too climb our head sef

7 Likes

Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by Princess4ng(f): 9:23am On Dec 28, 2016
cococandy:
Honey speak only for yourself.
You can't tell other women whether they should want equality or not.

It's okay if you consider yourself inferior but that's you. So talk about yourself not 'our head'.

Speak for yourself.
Many of you don't even know the Bible you're touting so rampantly. Ignorance.

Is alright..... Forgive my long mouth....
cool
Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by murmee: 9:23am On Dec 28, 2016
IdisuleOurOwn:

Wrong.

You can discuss intelligently without provoking others.
What exactly is wrong with what Jokerman posted? Is Nigeria a muslim country? So why are you provoked? Do you know that there are more Christians than Muslims in Nigeria? So the country must not move forward because of Islam? I am saying it again, very loud and clear that Nigeria is bigger and greater than Islam!!!

3 Likes

Re: Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill by cococandy(f): 9:23am On Dec 28, 2016
stone07:
What will be the case of the woman responsible for her husband death? Will she also inherit and be in charge of the children?
If she's found guilty in a competent court of law, then She will go to jail.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos From Adeleke University Convocation As King Of Ede Bags Doctorate Degree / Oba Adekunle Baderin Of Ipetu-ijesha Is Dead / Who Is The Real Originator Of These Popular Words -igbos Or The Yorubas.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.