Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,007 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) (66278 Views)

Diary Of A Broke Playboy 2.0 / Chidi Nwaogu, Just Broke A Fresh Guinness World For Longest Credit On A Book / Diary Of A Broke Playboy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by talk2saintify(m): 4:10pm On Jan 25, 2017
bibi294 cry cry cry

we dey wait
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by faithchubby93(f): 5:20pm On Jan 25, 2017
still waiting patiently....
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Nphzzycute(f): 8:33pm On Jan 25, 2017
grin grin
talk2saintify:

broda ah know wat it means

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! angry angry angry

ah was only joking

dnt take it personal wink wink

ma apologies embarassed embarassed
angry
talk2saintify:

broda ah know wat it means

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! angry angry angry

ah was only joking

dnt take it personal wink wink

ma apologies embarassed embarassed
am a lady not a guy

we are cool
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 9:39pm On Jan 25, 2017
I was in a white-laced dress, Fiwa was adjusting my veil, Amber Rose was applying my makeup, Diamond and Dummy were holding my bouquet and suddenly the groom appeared, it was Shina,I was happy, I was marrying my dream man. I wanted to hug him when his face was replaced by that of Akin. I was scared and looked back, I saw Fiwa, Diamond, Dummy and Amber Rose were staring hard at me, they were all holding daggers, I closed my eyes and screamed, someone held me, I opened my eyes and the first person I saw was Kzee,he was worried, I opened my eyes widely and alas, no white laced dress, no veil, no Fiwa, no dagger, no Akin. I was still in my birthday dress and l was in my bed in my brother's house, it dawned on me that all was a dream.
"Sisinlaw, Are you OK?" He asked grinning
"Who is Sisinlaw, are you here to joke right now?" I asked. Then, I saw him, I was not sure it was him but it looked much like him. My love walked into my room followed by his parents. I was confused, I laid back in and I closed my heart, I slapped my cheeks as I wanted to wake up and face the reality. It was Shina, my same Shina... He was with his parents, I was confused, I closed my eyes once again and I heard him ushered out everyone in the room.
"My woman, my woman." He called out silently. "Ademi, open your eyes, look into my face." I opened my eyes gently as tears rolled down my cheeks, I adjusted myself as Shina sat close to me.
"I'm sorry, love." He begged.
"I should be the one to apologise, you did nothing wrong."
"It was your past, Riri."
"I fumbled." I said amidst tears.
"Was that why you ran away?" He asked. "I searched for you."
"I fumbled, Shina. I was a prostitute, I had several abortions, I was a liar, I was stupid and useless, I don't deserve you, Shina."
"Baby, that was your past, we all had a worse past too. I love you not because you are pretty but because you are a great woman. You captivated my soul and my heart feel at peace anytime I'm around you. I met mum and dad and they told me you've learnt your lessons."
"Shina, I aborted six times while Amber Rose had just two! Why would you love me better?"
"You see, Bola was never a woman I loved, she was always forcing herself on me right since we were teenagers. I love you and that's all that matters."
"Kzee told me you are married" I asked not wanting to be an option, a second wife.
"He's right baby, I'm getting married soon" he grinned. I frowned, I thought he was back to be my man, I started crying. It hurts to lose a man you love. Why would Shina reopen a fresh wound. I was still sobbing when Shina started singing me a birthday song in his best voice, everyone came into the room including my mum whose eyes were filled with tears, they chorused the last verse...."happy birthday to you" when Shina brought out a diamond ring and popped all women's dream question.... WILL YOU MARRY ME?

5 Likes

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by souloho19(m): 10:35pm On Jan 25, 2017
[quote author=Bibi2

[/quote]

Good to see love conquer all..but if there's one thing I've learnt its never to get ahead of a story..nice one tho
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Davidhero(m): 10:46pm On Jan 25, 2017
"when Shina brought out a diamond ring and
popped all Women's Dream question.... WILL YOU
MARRY ME
"... Really, i never knew it was...
With the rate at which every single girl is a Feminist. GOD Help Us!

Bibi, welldone Ma..
Riri, i pray that marriage holds.. Amber rose nd crew wee come up with something..grin

2 Likes

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 25, 2017
[quote author=souloho19 post=53131688][/quote] Sup Bro. How is camping treating you?
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by souloho19(m): 11:07pm On Jan 25, 2017
tobijoshua:
Sup Bro. How is camping treating you?
So far so good bro..but mehn d soldiers no get joy oo..swearing in is tomorrow and I guess after that they'll cut us sum slack
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jan 25, 2017
souloho19:

So far so good bro..but mehn d soldiers no get joy oo..swearing in is tomorrow and I guess after that they'll cut us sum slack
Happy swearing in tomorrow, don't mind them soldiers jare, just do what you can. wink

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by nikz(f): 6:39am On Jan 26, 2017
Bibi you really know how to wow your readers. Ure good girl. May God meet your desires. Amen

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 7:23am On Jan 26, 2017
I was shy, I had to bury my head in my palm because Kzee and the girls were hailing me. A lot of things were going through my mind... Was it a dream? What if Shina was here to disgrace me? How about Amber Rose and her girls?
"I'm still on me kneels, my woman. Don't punish me this far." He said looking worried. I gently raised my hand and he slipped the ring into it almost immediately. "I love you, honey" he said as he stood up. He hugged me so tight that I cannot help it, it was cool to be in love. Everyone was clapping and hailing us. Our parents went to the living room.
"How were you able to convince your dad down here." I asked.
"With the help of my mum of course." "We don't have time now, darling. Maybe after the party, we can discuss." He said.
"Which other party, Shina?" I was tired and was not ready for any other birthday party. He smiled at me and left. Kzee and the girl came in few minutes later, Kzee was in a blue agbada and the girls in different styles of the same native attire. Mo handed to me a white lace iron and buba and said Shina said that was my attire for the party. I was confused,who wears iro and buba for a birthday bash nowadays. Before I could say Lack Robinson, the girl dressed me up, cleaned my former makeup and applied another, tied my aso oke and it was wow! I was happy not because of my pretty look but because my apprentices were perfect.
"I don't understand you guys, this look is a bride's look o, why will you apply a wedding look for a birthday bash" I corrected professionally. The three of them stood laughing, I was pissed off.
"Riri, it's a unique birthday for our unique boss" Ruth said.
"Let's go out now, we're late already" I said. Kzee was out of the room already.
"The party just started, we'll go when they call on the celebrant." Few minutes later, some group of women including my brother's wife and my caretaker's wife came in to the room.
"Mummy, what's happening?" I rushed to meet Mrs Ojo, the caretaker's wife.
"Congrats my dear!I'm happy it ended well." She said as she hugged me. They ushered me outside my brothers compound to the next compound, what I saw made me turned back. It was my ENGAGEMENT. I saw people decorating that compound when I was leaving for the studio in the morning, I never knew it was because of me. I saw Shina sitting down a the"engagement "seat laughing happily. I smiled, it was my day. My caretaker, Onome, Mama Susan were sitting at one corner waving at me. I searched around and one person was missing, FIWA. Our plan was that we were going to be together on our wedding day, and she was not here for mine. I knew I wronged her and I would call her after the event.
The event was successful and I was full of joy. My girls stood beside me till the end of the programme. People came from Ilawe, all my client and students of Oye were all present. I was happy, I danced and danced till Shina announced our departure and they took us all, our parents and we, to a nearby hotel. It was actually My Introduction not Engagement. I was happy being beside Shina, our wedding was slated for the last Saturday of August, 2016.

4 Likes

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Andrew2016(m): 7:42am On Jan 26, 2017
Wow... This story touches my soul. Thanks for your time to write this wonderful story. one love

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by talk2saintify(m): 10:28am On Jan 26, 2017
Nphzzycute:
grin grin angryam a lady not a guy

we are cool

ahk bae!!!
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by AlamienDagash(m): 11:04am On Jan 26, 2017
am happy 4 riri wink . happily endin. hope d end of d stowry iz near. #BibiBelievers
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by talk2saintify(m): 12:03pm On Jan 26, 2017
WOW

WOW

WOW

CAPTIVATING wink
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by MrBati(m): 2:28pm On Jan 26, 2017
triplemmm3:
Op continue you are doing a very wonderful job, nice story by the way
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Nwiboko26(f): 2:29pm On Jan 26, 2017
hehehe. so na marriage be dat.me I bn think say na dream o.bt I wan ask.is der no nicki minaj in Amber rose cliques
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by MrBati(m): 2:37pm On Jan 26, 2017
Mz Bibi u re doing awesome well.... pls cn i knw ur alma malta Dnt end this story yet.... More ink to ur Pen
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by billynoni(m): 2:53pm On Jan 26, 2017
talk2saintify:
WOW

WOW

WOW

CAPTIVATING wink
Bros is you an ambulance? why are you wowING?,lol

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by waluga(m): 3:00pm On Jan 26, 2017
uhmmmmmm....overwhelming

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by sunshine46(f): 3:09pm On Jan 26, 2017
Bibi294 bby,welldone girl...been away for a while,buh I'm back now...following indistractedly
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 3:24pm On Jan 26, 2017
I picked my phone and called Fiwa, she picked.
"I've missed you, girlfriend." I said immediately she picked my call.
"Who's that?" She asked harshly.
"Guess." I replied jokingly. She disconnected the call immediately. I was surprised, I knew quite well that Fiwa could identify my voice in the means of people. Was it because I refused to talk to her for some months?
"Who was that?" Shina asked.
"Fiwa." I replied.
"Do you still talk to that girl?!"
" I offended her same way I offended you, she warned me against keeping my past from you but I never listened. I didn't tell her about my movement since I left Ado and haven't call till this moment."
"Ademi, not everyone you make friends with deserve you. Fiwa is not who you should associate yourself with" he warned.
"Excuse me! We've been together since primary school. She's my best friend."
"Ademi, she almost ruined us, she ruined Dominique and Bola.!"
"I don't understand you"
"She told me about your fake lifestyle and that you were not the saint you portrayed yourself to be. That was why I was disappointed the first day I made love to you, she told me you had abortions and that was why you were not tight down there so I made love to you to be sure. She was the one who told Bola about us, she described my house to Dominique and gave them your address the day they came to your apartment to embarrass you." He explained as I listened keenly.
"Ayomi, that is not possible, she is my friend. She didn't support my past too." I argued.
"Look here, Ade. She was not happy you met me, she was disappointed in how you could marry a good man despite your bad past. I had our WhatsApp chats here" he showed me their chats, all the negative things she told him about me. I was dumbfounded, Fiwa stabbed me in the back, I wept silently and vowed never to make close friends like Fiwa again. I shared everything with her, I never kept anything from her and she used them against me.
"You should have asked me" I wept silently.
"I thought they were all lies until Bola repeated it" he said.
"I searched everywhere for you, I was sad and was indoor for five days, I love you and want you to be my wife, I went to see my mum who advised I go after you since you love me. In her words,'she saw love in your eyes'. She told me you will change and I'm happy Kolade confirmed it to me." Kolade was Kzee's real name.
."Are you guys related?"I asked.
"He is my stepbrother, my Father's lovechild. We were in the states together but Dad told him to come back home because he was associating with the bad gang in Los Angeles. We're so close since we grew up together." He said.
"I always feel relaxed around him, I think it is for the kind of bond I share with his brother." We laughed.
"When I got to your house, they told me you packed out, I went to meet Fiwa, she said you travelled to Abuja with a man, so I withdrew. I went back to the states and that was when Bola called me, she was set up by Fiwa, Fiwa introduced her and Dommy to some guys who after sleeping with them hypnotised them, they shaved their private parts and since then, she was growing lean everyday. She told her parents who took her for deliverance, even though she was delivered, she could not have a child of her own except miracle happened. Dommy was presently in Ijare, her hometown . She told me she called to apologized and told me you are in Ilawe Ekiti. It was during this period Kolade used your group picture as his BBM display picture. I was shocked to see you but was happy he said you are a changed person and still single.he told me about your bad mood the day you saw my picture on his phone. My love, here I am for you, and don't think this time, you are running away." He narrated and hugged me. I love him, I knew fate brought us together. It was our destiny, I held him tight and sobbed silently. Fiwa betrayed me, I felt pity for Dommy and Amber Rose.
We got married and relocated to the States, my parents were happy that they could boast of me. My wedding was the talk of the town because it was attended by prolific figures and money was wasted. All hotels within and without Ado and Ilawe were filled to the brim. Our villagers especially Akin and his mother came to check if it was true I married a rich man.
Dear readers, we're married for five months now and I'm looking up to God for the fruit of the womb.... Please pray for me. Fiwa still roams around Ado as no man is ready to marry a devil.

LESSONS
Riri is one of the few who are lucky to get out unhurt even though she learnt her lessons the hardest way...
Girls should say NO to Abortions. It is so rampant this days that we ladies are not afraid to go through the pains of abortions.
Say NO to prostitution. We don't mind who climbed us all in the name of money and love. Amber Rose and her friends regretted diving into prostitution.
Say No to bad gangs. Some children were brought up in the godly way but the kind of people they associate with destroy their future
Parents should take care of their children well and always check on them as they are growing up especially those in the boarding school.
Parents should detest bad behaviors because children follow the footsteps of their parents.
Finally, Say NO to fake lifestyle. Be yourself and maintain yourself. Thanks.

THE END

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 3:35pm On Jan 26, 2017
I sincerely appreciate everyone especially my first set of commentors
BiafranBushBoy
seedorfy134
pweetoge d great lioness
saraphina
ladySuperb
viktohmark2
Evakingz
ritababe
sunshine46
IechM
cherrybrown
rachealfst
souloho19
AlamienDagash and everyone who followed, who read, and those who commented.
I appreciate my critics, I promise to work more on myself and grammar.
I love you guys so much. God bless us o. One love guys

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by BiafranBushBoy: 3:39pm On Jan 26, 2017
Bibi294.

Nice completing your story.

Forward me your home address, let me pay the first installment of your Brideprice.

#peace.

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 3:39pm On Jan 26, 2017
If you were not mentioned... I am sorry... I can't mention everyone... I love you all

Watch out for February's write up... One love[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by taiwo92(m): 3:40pm On Jan 26, 2017
Yeeeeeeeee. I love ur story dieeeee. Na twins I dey pray for u,two boys in Jesus name.enjoy ur day. same me well to shina.

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by saraphina(f): 3:41pm On Jan 26, 2017
thanks Bibi for sharing this wonderful story with us and believe me wen I say I learnt a lot from it...Hope u r enjoying ur service in my state?
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 3:43pm On Jan 26, 2017
sunshine46:
Bibi294 bby,welldone girl...been away for a while,buh I'm back now...following indistractedly

Aunty wa... Where av you been? London I guess
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 3:45pm On Jan 26, 2017
saraphina:
thanks Bibi for sharing this wonderful story with us and believe me wen I say I learnt a lot from it...Hope u r enjoying ur service in my state?

I'm not... My area is a village... It isn't easy... Can't wait for POP
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by xaviercasmir(m): 3:47pm On Jan 26, 2017
Thanks sis. for this wonderful story filled with good moral and educative lesson.
Keep it up and i hope you will start another one ASAP.

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by saraphina(f): 3:54pm On Jan 26, 2017
Bibi294:

I'm not... My area is a village... It isn't easy... Can't wait for POP
sorry dear...You shud av told me na...BTW,wch village is dat?

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by souloho19(m): 4:01pm On Jan 26, 2017
Bibi294:
If you were not mentioned... I am sorry... I can't mention everyone... I love you all

Watch out for February's write up... One love[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

Jah bless you...you just inspired me in ways u will Neva know

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka Reacts To Wedding Of His Son, Oretunlewa And Nneka Ekechukwu / Sexcapade With The Neighbors Daughters / Naive ( Novel)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.