Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,599 members, 7,781,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 30 March 2024 at 03:42 AM

Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) (66109 Views)

Diary Of A Broke Playboy 2.0 / Chidi Nwaogu, Just Broke A Fresh Guinness World For Longest Credit On A Book / Diary Of A Broke Playboy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 4:05pm On Jan 26, 2017
saraphina:
sorry dear...You shud av told me na...BTW,wch village is dat?

Ugbegun
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by saraphina(f): 4:10pm On Jan 26, 2017
Bibi294:

Ugbegun
that place is village tru tru.....

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by kajsa08: 4:11pm On Jan 26, 2017
oshey @Bibi294. beautiful story with lessons learnt. can u marry my elder bro, he's a lawyer o. cheesy
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 4:13pm On Jan 26, 2017
souloho19:

Jah bless you...you just inspired me in ways u will Neva know
Boo... Waiting for the completion of yours. I love you....
How's camp.... Please enjoy camp yl it last o... Life outra camp ko easy. Moreover, where are you camping?

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 4:14pm On Jan 26, 2017
kajsa08:
oshey @Bibi294. beautiful story with lessons learnt.
can u marry my elder bro, he's a lawyer o. cheesy
Na u I wan marry, miss grin
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by kajsa08: 4:17pm On Jan 26, 2017
Bibi294:
Na u I wan marry, miss grin
lol, I don't know y I just saw d number '14' as I read ur reply. grin grin
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 4:18pm On Jan 26, 2017
kajsa08:

lol, I don't know y I just saw d number '14' as I read ur reply. grin grin
I don't understand jiwe
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by obafemylegacy(m): 4:36pm On Jan 26, 2017
waohhhh, your story is very very touching and interesting,keep up the good work.
i love it.

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by kajsa08: 4:37pm On Jan 26, 2017
Bibi294:
I don't understand jiwe
lol, don't worry, our ogas that know would soon be here. cheesy
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by AlamienDagash(m): 5:14pm On Jan 26, 2017
Bibi294:
I sincerely appreciate everyone especially my first set of commentors
BiafranBushBoy
seedorfy134
pweetoge d great lioness
saraphina
ladySuperb
viktohmark2
Evakingz
ritababe
sunshine46
IechM
cherrybrown
rachealfst
souloho19
AlamienDagash and everyone who followed, who read, and those who commented.
I appreciate my critics, I promise to work more on myself and grammar.
I love you guys so much. God bless us o. One love guys
sweady tnx. i dey ur bck gallant. remember d sayin of "no pain, no gain? dats oll u nid tow remember
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by nikz(f): 5:18pm On Jan 26, 2017
Clapping........ Inshort standing ovation........ no, three gbosa for u! Nice piece. May God bless ur hustle

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by seedorfy134(m): 5:35pm On Jan 26, 2017
Bibi294:
BiafranBushBoy
seedorfy134
pweetoge d great lioness
saraphina
ladySuperb
viktohmark2
Evakingz
ritababe
sunshine46
IechM
cherrybrown
rachealfst
souloho19
nice one.... keep it up

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by talk2saintify(m): 5:41pm On Jan 26, 2017
billynoni:
Bros is you an ambulance? why are you wowING?,lol

am a WOWER

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Amuga(f): 5:48pm On Jan 26, 2017
Thank you bibi for this wonderful write up. Waiting for the February edition.

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by talk2saintify(m): 5:52pm On Jan 26, 2017
Bibi294:
I picked my phone and called Fiwa, she picked.
"I've missed you, girlfriend." I said immediately she picked my call.
"Who's that?" She asked harshly.
"Guess." I replied jokingly. She disconnected the call immediately. I was surprised, I knew quite well that Fiwa could identify my voice in the means of people. Was it because I refused to talk to her for some months?
"Who was that?" Shina asked.
"Fiwa." I replied.
"Do you still talk to that girl?!"
" I offended her same way I offended you, she warned me against keeping my past from you but I never listened. I didn't tell her about my movement since I left Ado and haven't call till this moment."
"Ademi, not everyone you make friends with deserve you. Fiwa is not who you should associate yourself with" he warned.
"Excuse me! We've been together since primary school. She's my best friend."
"Ademi, she almost ruined us, she ruined Dominique and Bola.!"
"I don't understand you"
"She told me about your fake lifestyle and that you were not the saint you portrayed yourself to be. That was why I was disappointed the first day I made love to you, she told me you had abortions and that was why you were not tight down there so I made love to you to be sure. She was the one who told Bola about us, she described my house to Dominique and gave them your address the day they came to your apartment to embarrass you." He explained as I listened keenly.
"Ayomi, that is not possible, she is my friend. She didn't support my past too." I argued.
"Look here, Ade. She was not happy you met me, she was disappointed in how you could marry a good man despite your bad past. I had our WhatsApp chats here" he showed me their chats, all the negative things she told him about me. I was dumbfounded, Fiwa stabbed me in the back, I wept silently and vowed never to make close friends like Fiwa again. I shared everything with her, I never kept anything from her and she used them against me.
"You should have asked me" I wept silently.
"I thought they were all lies until Bola repeated it" he said.
"I searched everywhere for you, I was sad and was indoor for five days, I love you and want you to be my wife, I went to see my mum who advised I go after you since you love me. In her words,'she saw love in your eyes'. She told me you will change and I'm happy Kolade confirmed it to me." Kolade was Kzee's real name.
."Are you guys related?"I asked.
"He is my stepbrother, my Father's lovechild. We were in the states together but Dad told him to come back home because he was associating with the bad gang in Los Angeles. We're so close since we grew up together." He said.
"I always feel relaxed around him, I think it is for the kind of bond I share with his brother." We laughed.
"When I got to your house, they told me you packed out, I went to meet Fiwa, she said you travelled to Abuja with a man, so I withdrew. I went back to the states and that was when Bola called me, she was set up by Fiwa, Fiwa introduced her and Dommy to some guys who after sleeping with them hypnotised them, they shaved their private parts and since then, she was growing lean everyday. She told her parents who took her for deliverance, even though she was delivered, she could not have a child of her own except miracle happened. Dommy was presently in Ijare, her hometown . She told me she called to apologized and told me you are in Ilawe Ekiti. It was during this period Kolade used your group picture as his BBM display picture. I was shocked to see you but was happy he said you are a changed person and still single.he told me about your bad mood the day you saw my picture on his phone. My love, here I am for you, and don't think this time, you are running away." He narrated and hugged me. I love him, I knew fate brought us together. It was our destiny, I held him tight and sobbed silently. Fiwa betrayed me, I felt pity for Dommy and Amber Rose.
We got married and relocated to the States, my parents were happy that they could boast of me. My wedding was the talk of the town because it was attended by prolific figures and money was wasted. All hotels within and without Ado and Ilawe were filled to the brim. Our villagers especially Akin and his mother came to check if it was true I married a rich man.
Dear readers, we're married for five months now and I'm looking up to God for the fruit of the womb.... Please pray for me. Fiwa still roams around Ado as no man is ready to marry a devil.

LESSONS
Riri is one of the few who are lucky to get out unhurt even though she learnt her lessons the hardest way...
Girls should say NO to Abortions. It is so rampant this days that we ladies are not afraid to go through the pains of abortions.
Say NO to prostitution. We don't mind who climbed us all in the name of money and love. Amber Rose and her friends regretted diving into prostitution.
Say No to bad gangs. Some children were brought up in the godly way but the kind of people they associate with destroy their future
Parents should take care of their children well and always check on them as they are growing up especially those in the boarding school.
Parents should detest bad behaviors because children follow the footsteps of their parents.
Finally, Say NO to fake lifestyle. Be yourself and maintain yourself. Thanks.

THE END

cool...
ah guess no one expect it to end this way

dats y yhur a good writer

mehn..thumbup*

wen ah say end this way ah mean the part that say fiwa was bad

fiwa why?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by dwag: 6:00pm On Jan 26, 2017
Nice one bibi......so real.

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by sunshine46(f): 6:11pm On Jan 26, 2017
Bibi294:

Aunty wa... Where av you been? London I guess
Aunty keh grin shey I should start calling u mumsy too cheesy...yeah,London,to see d Queen *winks*

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Hawlahscho(m): 6:55pm On Jan 26, 2017
I hope this will teach those ladies living fake life some lessons.

Thanks OP.

Now, I can unfollow.

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Davidhero(m): 6:59pm On Jan 26, 2017
ummmn, thank you bibi. The story ended well... Am also happy for riri, she's lucky.

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by souloho19(m): 7:26pm On Jan 26, 2017
Bibi294:

Boo... Waiting for the completion of yours. I love you....
How's camp.... Please enjoy camp yl it last o... Life outra camp ko easy. Moreover, where are you camping?

Thanks hun..uve really gingered me..
The camp is at ebonyi state and its just getting interesting nw..u serving at ekiti..hope u r having fun too smiley
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Andrew2016(m): 7:45pm On Jan 26, 2017
Thanks alot for your time. I pray for you that the lord will bless all that concerns you,AMEN
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by rachealfst(f): 8:40pm On Jan 26, 2017
Bibi294:

Love you sis, God bless you too. More strength, wisdom to you. Thanks for sharing this wondering piece, I believe everyone learnt one or two lessons.
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Ken4agent(m): 10:55pm On Jan 26, 2017
Bibi294:
BiafranBushBoy
seedorfy134
pweetoge d great lioness
saraphina
ladySuperb
viktohmark2
Evakingz
ritababe
sunshine46
IechM
cherrybrown
rachealfst
souloho19

y my moniker dey missing for this list?
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by emeruemp(m): 12:10am On Jan 27, 2017
U did a very nice job,will buy this book for the amount u put on it..keep d good work the story line was waoooo the suspense was interesting and the ending was well unexpected..more grace to your work keep it cool and the sky is your stepping stone and to all those people complaining about the English pls write your own with good English and with perfect and interesting story line like this..keep your harsh comment to your self,stay blessed my able writer.

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by billynoni(m): 12:37am On Jan 27, 2017
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by billynoni(m): 12:37am On Jan 27, 2017
Then you should be working in a TOWER
talk2saintify:

am a WOWER
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by cherrybrown(f): 6:50am On Jan 27, 2017
Bibi294:
BiafranBushBoy
seedorfy134
pweetoge d great lioness
saraphina
ladySuperb
viktohmark2
Evakingz
ritababe
sunshine46
IechM
cherrybrown
rachealfst
souloho19
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 8:39am On Jan 27, 2017
souloho19:

Thanks hun..uve really gingered me..
The camp is at ebonyi state and its just getting interesting nw..u serving at ekiti..hope u r having fun too smiley

I'm based in Ekiti buh serving in Edostate
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 8:41am On Jan 27, 2017
Ken4agent:

y my moniker dey missing for this list?

Ken4agent, I'm sorry boo
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by souloho19(m): 9:40am On Jan 27, 2017
Bibi294:

I'm based in Ekiti buh serving in Edostate

Issorite!!..wld redeploy to Edo state grin
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 12:11pm On Jan 27, 2017
souloho19:

Issorite!!..wld redeploy to Edo state grin

No probs
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by kevwe10(f): 12:27pm On Jan 27, 2017
thank u for writting this story Bibi, i have learnt alot from it,God bless u.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka Reacts To Wedding Of His Son, Oretunlewa And Nneka Ekechukwu / Naive ( Novel) / Baggage Claim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.