Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,796 members, 7,802,541 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) (66286 Views)

Diary Of A Broke Playboy 2.0 / Chidi Nwaogu, Just Broke A Fresh Guinness World For Longest Credit On A Book / Diary Of A Broke Playboy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Nphzzycute(f): 11:57am On Jan 22, 2017
Bibi294:

Boo, I'm neither from Ado Ekiti nor Ilawe but I'm based in Ekiti... I'm currently in a village near Ekpoma cry
Where do you stay in Ado
irona area

precisely, ajenifuja street
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Nphzzycute(f): 11:58am On Jan 22, 2017
Bibi294:

Boredom brought me here grin grin grin

Update till after church Holytitus zeeboss sunshine26 sebastine1994 AlamienDagash Nphzzycute Ikdbabie Rock01

Happy Sunday buns
happy Sunday
you da bomb
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by HolyTitus(m): 12:05pm On Jan 22, 2017
Bibi294:

Update till after church
Holytitus
zeeboss
sunshine26
sebastine1994
AlamienDagash
Nphzzycute
Ikdbabie
Rock01

Happy Sunday buns
Oya, Oya, Oya.. Make papa round the thing up quick quick, another sunday will still come
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by rachealfst(f): 12:27pm On Jan 22, 2017
You are doing a great job here Bibi294, I'm sorry I came in late, thankfully I kut up with you guys.
You ask me a question earlier: I did not serve in Edo, my younger sister did.
Well done sis, more inspiration to you.Happy Sunday.
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by redon12(m): 12:36pm On Jan 22, 2017
She better tell Shin a they truth...
Guys don't like a lady that is lying to them they start seeing her as a piece 'a shit when
that. one happens

THEY STORY IS COOL WELL STRUCTURED THOUGH IF YOU WERE GONNA TURN THIS STORY TO A BOOK THEN IT WOULDN'T BE OKAY...
E.G GRAMMATICAL ERRORS .... if I don't criticise or tell you a problem with your work then am not helping you...
people all over they work if they internet are reading your work..

BUT I love they "story story" and am backing you...

switching to a layman tongue

SURE SAY THIS STORY NO BE YOU ?
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 12:54pm On Jan 22, 2017
souloho19:

Happy sun..seems u r no longer a lazy writer...
P.s: wot happend to souloho19?? angry

Bae, I think NL and everyone who have been encouraging me..... Let's bring out our potentials and let people learn from us.... Luv u bae

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 1:12pm On Jan 22, 2017
rachealfst:
You are doing a great job here Bibi294, I'm sorry I came in late, thankfully I kut up with you guys.
You ask me a question earlier: I did not serve in Edo, my younger sister did.
Well done sis, more inspiration to you.Happy Sunday.

Thanks boo.... I'm currently serving in Irrua, Esan Central... That's y I asked.... Happy sunday

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Davidhero(m): 1:48pm On Jan 22, 2017
HolyTitus:
Oya, Oya, Oya.. Make papa round the thing up quick quick, another sunday will still come

Honestly, ur moniker sounds hilarious.
Happy Sunday! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Evans407(m): 2:03pm On Jan 22, 2017
We dem boiz stil dey wait oooo grin grin grin grin ... aunty Bibi coman do somethinq undecided
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Seandavid(m): 2:54pm On Jan 22, 2017
@Bibi294

Double sighted.. hands up in the air

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 4:02pm On Jan 22, 2017
"This is our new house, baby. I don't like your house, it's too exposed, I want privacy." I stood rooted to the spot, it was my dream house.
"Are you going to stand there?" Shina asked. I moved closer to him and hugged him.
"I love you" I said sincerely, he was my first love, it was the first time I was loving a man with all my heart. I loved him not only because he was rich, but also he was truthful,sincere and caring. Shina and I never had sex even though we had been together for a month. He was a perfect gentleman. We were a perfect couple. We packed into our new house the following my friend's wish. I called Fiwa that morning to inform her about our relocation.
"I'm happy for you, Riri" she said over the phone.
"Thanks, girlfriend. I can't believe God is changing my fate.!"
"Riri, must you relocate into the new house with him,I'm skeptical about everything. It's too early."
"We're getting married soon, Fiwa."
"I understand but I've you forgotten this man is having issues with his parents, do you think this is gonna end well"
"We met with his mum recently and she accepted me."
"But you lied to her,Riri!"
"Will I tell her my parents are illiterates? Fiwa, you're the only friend I have, I'm just a victim of bad circumstances. My parents are poor and I'm jobless. If not for this guy, would I be a certified makeup artist? I found love! I found him!" I poured out.
"Riri, I understand you quite well but I don't want you to relocate completely with him. Just pick a few things and don't let your neighbors know about it" she warned before she ended the call. I wanted to follow her advice but Shina told me to pack all my load and drop the key for the caretaker.
That night while we were ready to sleep, Shina asked me if I had any secrets I was keeping which I denied vehemently. We made love that night and I could see through his eyes that he was disappointed but I didn't know why. His actions and reactions the next day was cold towards me, he refused to eat breakfast before he went out. I went to see Fiwa the following afternoon after a makeup session and told her about Shina's new behavior.
"Riri, please, tell Shina about your past life. Why not come out clean" she advised.
"Fiwa, I'm confused. I'd lied but I can't afford to loose Shina. I love him and I don't see a future without him" I poured out. I was confused.
"You can't have a happy home being a liar. He will soon be aware of your lies. Stop being fake!!!"
"Do you want me to loose him"
"Just tell him about your past life and I'm sure he will forgive u."

"Fiwa, here is a man who broke his engagement because a woman confessed of having 2 abortions in his absence. Fiwa, I had 6 abortions" I said amidst cries.
"I'm confused.you ruined it all from the beginning" I went home shattered that day. I was not happy and I started living in fear. I knew sooner or later, my secrets would be exposed. Shina stopped making love to me but he continued loving me. In a few week, I forgot my dilemma and it happened!

Happy Sunday, fellas.

Evans407
Davidhero
rachealfst
souloho19
redon12
Holytitus
zeeboss
prinxxdave

2 Likes

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by HolyTitus(m): 4:07pm On Jan 22, 2017
Davidhero:

Honestly, ur moniker sounds hilarious.
Happy Sunday! cheesy
ahh, really ?... Honestly, I never knew that sha... You could add me up on FB with the moniker. Thanks
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Hawlahscho(m): 5:29pm On Jan 22, 2017
Bibi294:

Update till after church
Holytitus
zeeboss
sunshine26
sebastine1994
AlamienDagash
Nphzzycute
Ikdbabie
Rock01

Happy Sunday buns

Same to you puff-puff grin
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by tojahh(m): 5:30pm On Jan 22, 2017
Nice one bibi.....though you didn't mentioned me, but Godwin.

Nice storyline. I believe you typed with a phone.
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by oxysyntabel: 5:43pm On Jan 22, 2017
Hi Bibi, I was captivated by your story. didn't even know how it showed up on my laptop. I have been reading for two hours now even as a busy professional. I can't bring myself to stop reading no matter the grammar. tho at a point, the grammar began to degenerate so badly with a lot of spelling errors. But thanks for taking the correction given earlier, the grammar is much better now. but in truth, there was something alluring about the bad grammar write-up, it broke the rules and was so interesting. My comment: keep the grammar good in the commentaries ( for the credibility of the writer) and give us the ghetto grammar as each actor speaks like you did before. It is thrilling. (sometimes good grammar can make some writers boring, moreover, we don't have good storytellers like you that can give us a good write-up with ghetto grammar).

3 Likes

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by gadpeter(m): 5:45pm On Jan 22, 2017
am waiting with my pop corn!!!!

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by AlamienDagash(m): 6:01pm On Jan 22, 2017
Bibi294:

Update till after church
Holytitus
zeeboss
sunshine26
sebastine1994
AlamienDagash
Nphzzycute
Ikdbabie
Rock01

Happy Sunday buns
happy sunday sweady
buh u gotta update this now now! or else i whud jump into our well grin
tnx 4d mention
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by oxysyntabel: 6:05pm On Jan 22, 2017
Bibi, your story is so reallllllll. wow!!!! you are blowing my brains with suspense. how can i survive this? I hate to be kept waiting. did u say u type from ur phone? Ur brain must b filled with stories wink
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 6:10pm On Jan 22, 2017
Hawlahscho:

Same to you puff-puff grin

Hawlahsco.... Puffpuff kwa....

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Davidhero(m): 6:13pm On Jan 22, 2017
HolyTitus:
ahh, really ?... Honestly, I never knew that sha... You could add me up on FB with the moniker. Thanks

Aiit... I'll check it out.
Enjoy!
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Okebarn: 6:35pm On Jan 22, 2017
Following
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Davidhero(m): 6:42pm On Jan 22, 2017
Bibi294, welldone. Am having this feeling that Shina wee break your heart oookiss
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Odinz(m): 7:09pm On Jan 22, 2017
Hello Bibi294,

I think your story is really interesting, hope you ain't feeling discouraged.
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 7:25pm On Jan 22, 2017
Davidhero:
Bibi294, welldone.
Am having this feeling that Shina wee break your heart oookiss
My heart ke! I no b Riri abeg

I b bibilicious
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Davidhero(m): 7:33pm On Jan 22, 2017
Bibi294:
My heart ke! I no b Riri abeg

I b bibilicious
Lol, forgive me. I meant Riri...
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by YINKS89(m): 7:56pm On Jan 22, 2017
still not time for mi to comment yet.... wen d time koms ill talk.
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Debbiesmart(f): 8:22pm On Jan 22, 2017
i want more.....dix story x marvellous

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Ikdbabie(f): 8:48pm On Jan 22, 2017
Bibi294:

I kuku did not know the meaning of "you made front page" abeg which newspaper... embarassed cry
I mean your story is on the front page of nairaland. I.e the front page you see when you log in on nairaland.
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by IecheM(m): 9:00pm On Jan 22, 2017
BiBi no food dis night?
We're waiting o

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 22, 2017
Bibi294:

Update till after church
Holytitus
zeeboss
sunshine26
sebastine1994
AlamienDagash
Nphzzycute
Ikdbabie
Rock01

Happy Sunday buns
Wow! Hope you find company. No be everybody for NL head correct sha ooo. Just so you know so you don't be unnecessarily perturbed by some not useful comments.
Happy Sunday.
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 9:38pm On Jan 22, 2017
redon12:
She better tell Shin a they truth...
Guys don't like a lady that is lying to them they start seeing her as a piece 'a shit when
that. one happens

THEY STORY IS COOL WELL STRUCTURED THOUGH IF YOU WERE GONNA TURN THIS STORY TO A BOOK THEN IT WOULDN'T BE OKAY...
E.G GRAMMATICAL ERRORS .... if I don't criticise or tell you a problem with your work then am not helping you...
people all over they work if they internet are reading your work..

BUT I love they "story story" and am backing you...

switching to a layman tongue

SURE SAY THIS STORY NO BE YOU ?

No b me o, bros... Twas pure imagination and things happening around me....
Make I ask u... Hope say no b u?
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 9:41pm On Jan 22, 2017
I'm sorry no update tonight... My day was hectic.... Headache is currently singing well-done ma and dancing skelewu in my head.... 3 updates tomorrow.... One love friends

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka Reacts To Wedding Of His Son, Oretunlewa And Nneka Ekechukwu / Sexcapade With The Neighbors Daughters / Naive ( Novel)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.