Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,220 members, 7,780,417 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:54 PM

Honda Pilot Or Toyota Highlander - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Pilot Or Toyota Highlander (5672 Views)

Lexus Rx 350 2010 Or Toyota Venza 2010 / What Used Car To Buy In Nigeria With 1.2m Either Lexus Or Toyota Or Honda Evil S / The All New 2019 Honda Pilot Is Finally Here (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Pilot Or Toyota Highlander by sniperwolf(m): 8:19am On Dec 28, 2016
Please what do you guys think about getting a 2009/2010 Pilot over 2007/2008 Highlander? I'm thinking of getting either but I'm having more preference for the Pilot because my brother just got a Highlander.

Why do we have more Highlander on the road than its counterpart Pilot? How about availability of spare parts?
Re: Honda Pilot Or Toyota Highlander by gocare: 8:38am On Dec 28, 2016
sniperwolf:
Please what do you guys think about getting a 2009/2010 Pilot over 2007/2008 Highlander? I'm thinking of getting either but I'm having more preference for the Pilot because my brother just got a Highlander.

Why do we have more Highlander on the road than its counterpart Pilot? How about availability of spare parts?

Highlander

1 Like

Re: Honda Pilot Or Toyota Highlander by BTT(m): 8:50am On Dec 28, 2016
Just
gocare:

Highlander
!

No justification. No nothing. Nigerians and Toyota ehn.

Op, go ahead and buy the Highlander if it is Nairalanders' opinion you want, because that is where it will head.

kbb.com, cars.com, edmunds.com, etc are sites you can run comprehensive compares.

Eventually, the choice is yours.

But I like your problem. It's a good type.

4 Likes

Re: Honda Pilot Or Toyota Highlander by Nobody: 11:34am On Dec 28, 2016
I would choose the pilot. It is sleeker, better options and better interior than the Highlander. If u don't mind the boxy shape which has been refined in the second generation, and the performance is great. If u notice there are more first generation pilot on the roads now than first gen highlanders. That's because people are beginning to realize those highlanders are too expensive for what they offer.

2 Likes

Re: Honda Pilot Or Toyota Highlander by Absoj(m): 12:03pm On Dec 28, 2016
Pilot is better. More performance oriented and a reliable 4wd. Not like d awd in highlander.

1 Like

Re: Honda Pilot Or Toyota Highlander by kingreign(m): 5:41pm On Dec 28, 2016
Team Highlander.
Don't ask me why.
Re: Honda Pilot Or Toyota Highlander by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 29, 2016
BTT:
Just !

No justification. No nothing. Nigerians and Toyota ehn.

Op, go ahead and buy the Highlander if it is Nairalanders' opinion you want, because that is where it will head.

kbb.com, cars.com, edmunds.com, etc are sites you can run comprehensive compares.

Eventually, the choice is yours.

But I like your problem. It's a good type.

#Epic

I prefer the shape of the Pilot, just the shape.
Re: Honda Pilot Or Toyota Highlander by FlyboyZee: 7:25pm On Dec 29, 2016
I had to make the same choice in 2014.

I didn't realize the Honda Pilot was that popular in Nigeria until I did a census on Oshodi-Apapa expressway and found out that the population of Toyota Highlander and that of the Honda Pilot was almost at par...

I went round Oshodi-Mushin-Isolo-Ijesha area and found more Highlanders at the Mechanic workshops than the Pilots...

I jejely took myself to Cotonou and got me a sweet burgundy coloured 2010 Honda Pilot Touring with all the trappings available to any SUV of that model year and jejely enjoying me van...

I think the Highlander is overtly overrated. Guy, if I were you, I'd have been driving the Pilot already. But the choice is yours to make and not mine, happy choosing...

14 Likes

Re: Honda Pilot Or Toyota Highlander by Nobody: 2:53am On Dec 30, 2016
FlyboyZee:

I didn't realize the Honda Pilot was that popular in Nigeria until I did a census on Oshodi-Apapa expressway and found out that the population of Toyota Highlander and that of the Honda Pilot was almost at par...

I went round Oshodi-Mushin-Isolo-Ijesha area and found more Highlanders at the Mechanic workshops than the Pilots...

I jejely took myself to Cotonou and got me a sweet burgundy coloured 2010 Honda Pilot Touring with all the trappings available to any SUV of that model year and jejely enjoying me van...

I think the Highlander is overtly overrated. Guy, if I were you, I'd have been driving the Pilot already. But the choice is yours to make and not mine, happy choosing...

Nice ride u got there. The touring is not common around here. I like the power lift gate and seat memory.... Something I wish my EXL had.
Re: Honda Pilot Or Toyota Highlander by sniperwolf(m): 1:39pm On Jan 02, 2017
FlyboyZee:

As at that time, how much did you get the ride?

(1) (Reply)

Best Method To kw Oil And Oil Filter change is due / DIY Replacement Of VTEC Solenoid Spool Valve Filter (03-07 Accord) / Roadx Motorsport Is Organising A Launch Party For Car Racing Fans In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.