Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,701 members, 7,802,085 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:53 AM

Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? (48015 Views)

Man Gets First Haircut In 15 Years To Join Army — See The Transformation / Haircut Styles For Black Men / Cute Afro Men Haircut Styles, Select According To Your Head Shape( Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by Lastbender: 10:21am On Dec 28, 2016
Why do Nigerian adults most especially parents and all those "aproko" aunties and uncles see having a nice haircut as being irresponsible. I came back from school doning my fresh Christmas haircut feeling fresh and cute only for my pops to see me and react like he saw the ghost of Herbert Macaulay, there and then he told me that he and I cannot stay in the same compound if I don't lower the hair. For crying out loud is there any gold standard when it comes to male hair? I for one think the same way ladies make their hair with different styles to look good, so also should a guy be able to have a haircut that makes him look cute and goodlooking. I have noticed this a lot, even people who are not close to you or anything give you a disapproving look What's your say people?

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by queenitee(f): 10:24am On Dec 28, 2016
Lemme wait for someone to say something

Some haircuts and styles are crazy tho and some doesn't even look good

19 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by dingbang(m): 10:25am On Dec 28, 2016
Post a pic of the haircut u had

87 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by Lastbender: 10:27am On Dec 28, 2016
dingbang:
Post a pic of the haircut u had
I have lowered it, plus I didn't snap a picture of it, but its like the haircut In the 3rd pic, tho not as high as that

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 28, 2016
This is Africa. Adhere to the rules of your African parents. When you start having your own kids. you bring them up in a way you pleases.

91 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by Lastbender: 10:29am On Dec 28, 2016
queenitee:
Lemme wait for someone to say something

Some haircuts and styles are crazy tho and some doesn't even look good
I knew I looked really good with the cut, its was when I lowered it that my pops now said "now you look responsible" I was just hissing in my mind sad

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by Lastbender: 10:30am On Dec 28, 2016
stupidity:
This is Africa. Adhere to the rules of your African parents. When you start having your own kids. you bring them up in a way you pleases.
it's not about the rules now, its about the mentality. n.b my pops is a very liberal man, not just when it comes to haircuts I guess

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by Recoverd(f): 10:34am On Dec 28, 2016
Well, if u look like a criminal or a tout, cut it

10 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by Coyotejack(m): 10:34am On Dec 28, 2016
The only hair cut most fathers are used to is skin cut

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by Lastbender: 10:39am On Dec 28, 2016
Recoverd:
this is what I'm talking about, the pictures above do those dudes look like criminals?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by makydebbie(f): 10:40am On Dec 28, 2016
Something like......
Coyotejack:
The only hair cut most father's are use to is skin cut

174 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by ORIJIN201(m): 10:40am On Dec 28, 2016
I don't see anything in Haircuts like the one you posted up there, But when I was in my teenage years before 18, My dad was the one paying for my haircut. He screams any time I cut anything close to that up there. when I clicked 18 I jejely stopped collecting nothing from him I just cut what I like ... that didn't stop him from screaming, but I really don't care when he does. My money my Haircut he could Cry me a River about it. undecided

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by Coyotejack(m): 10:41am On Dec 28, 2016
makydebbie:
Something like......

My dear u are right in all ways
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by Olasco93: 10:44am On Dec 28, 2016
To the Society, hair cut/style matters. But to the Creator, the Heart. Above all, don't underestimate the power behind Skin cut as you won't wear MOG to Solomon Dalung's office with you Bsc and Msc in thy hand seeking for a spot in Golden Eaglets.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by ikp120(m): 10:46am On Dec 28, 2016
makydebbie:
Something like......
Lolzzz grin grin grin
Babe you no go kill me before my time

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by queenitee(f): 10:56am On Dec 28, 2016
Lastbender:
I knew I looked really good with the cut, its was when I lowered it that my pops now said "now you look responsible" I was just hissing in my mind sad
grin ;Dsorry ehn?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by Draei: 11:12am On Dec 28, 2016
Op, their headache...Let them wail on.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by TheSonOfMark(m): 11:19am On Dec 28, 2016
Coyotejack:
The only hair cut most father's are used to is skin cut

Lies actually. The fathers of today rocked full-on afros in the 70's and 80's and they partied arguably more than our generation. It's hypocritical when they try to play the decency card. But I agree, some haircuts might make people pre-judge you negatively .

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by Lastbender: 11:22am On Dec 28, 2016
TheSonOfMark:

Lies actually. The fathers of today rocked full-on afros in the 70's and 80's and they partied arguably more than our generation. It's hypocritical when they try to play the decency card. But I agree, some haircuts might make people pre-judge you negatively .
preach bro preach!! If you see the skyscraper Afros these men rocked..

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by SlimmB(m): 12:00pm On Dec 28, 2016
Recoverd:
i like your own hairstyle grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by LordZero(m): 12:05pm On Dec 28, 2016
I dey always shake my head when I see their pics when they were young. Thier afro be looking like rain forest and they will be telling you low cut is the best..

It depends on your environment too.. Where I grew up, some haircuts are common among the touts.

OP you should try this, maybe they will stop complaining.. grin

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by EKLE: 12:27pm On Dec 28, 2016
op i understand what u mean...d only time me and my parents have issues is when i get a new haircut. they want nothing but low cut....they believe styles like mohawk,dreads makes u look like a tout..but the girl child is left alone flaunting different hairstyles with different colours...that's bullshit...they really need to change how they think..i think we should have d freedom 2 style our hair d we it pleases us so far it is neat...when it comes to choice of hairstyle i disobey my parents full time...we have to fight for our rights na[color=#770077][/color]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by Lastbender: 12:29pm On Dec 28, 2016
grin
LordZero:
I dey always shake my head when I see their pics when they were young. Thier afro be looking like rain forest and they will be telling you low cut is the best..

It depends on your environment too.. Where I grew up, some haircuts are common among the touts.

haa brotherly why?? grin
LordZero:

haa brotherly why??
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by MarkGeraldo(m): 12:41pm On Dec 28, 2016
I'm not a monk bikokwa oo!

I no go lie eeh, the first time I had my first stylish haircut (afro-punk) apart from lowcut, my mum was like "You have join bad gang" and my dad was like, mute towards me for a whole week...

kai! parents ehn!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by NevetsIbot(m): 1:46pm On Dec 28, 2016
when i barbed this style for the first time. Dad asked if I paid ten naira for the haircut.

For good two weeks, he kept eyeing me. Lol. Na guess what he rocked bak then... Flat top.

Now he's bald... Nd expects me to barb skin too, laye

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by Iceeydee: 3:21pm On Dec 28, 2016
My own problem is my beards and there is this particular man who will never let me rest when he sees me. grin

He's a family friend and whenever he sees me he'll complain about my beards and ask if I've joined an Islamic group.

And funny enough these people had afros reaching the sky those days. It's funny sha! cheesy

18 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by lepasharon(f): 3:21pm On Dec 28, 2016
OP those haircuts you posted are fuckboy haircuts grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by sirOrubebe: 3:22pm On Dec 28, 2016
I swear, the thing is so annoying.

Your parents will talk, pastor will talk, Brother Bayo will talk.... After sometime dey be like...

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by ednut1(m): 3:22pm On Dec 28, 2016
we have a long way to go in dis country
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by bettercreature(m): 3:23pm On Dec 28, 2016
not only in Nigeria,it's everywhere it's just bad in Nigeria
Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 28, 2016
Some hair styles are just not it,especially this dread that seems to be the new crase in town

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 28, 2016
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Do You Need Banner Designer Or Any Graphics Design Work? Just Click / Man Takes A Swipe At Nigerian Ladies With "Fake" Hairs In A German Market. PICS / Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.