Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,800 members, 7,798,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:50 AM

Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) (34836 Views)

A Game Of Love And Obsession / Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace / I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by BiafraBushBoy(m): 11:01am On Dec 28, 2016
(c)2016 Umunna Mike Bush Obinwanne

No part of this story should be copied without the permission of the writer. I will hunt you physically.. Spiritually and otherwise grin

After concluding http://topwritersden.com/memo-of-a-male-sex-addict/ I decided to write on something real as it relates to our present situation. Permit me to introduce "MISSION SAMBISA".

Copycats take note!! angry

Cover design by Donkross1(Senior man)

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Lleigh(f): 11:11am On Dec 28, 2016
Bush I am here..... grin

Modified....I like the soldier cheesy

1 Like

Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by BiafraBushBoy(m): 11:13am On Dec 28, 2016
Sashx. seanmozilla.. kiziitokennel.. tuktudicko.. kaycee625.. RABIUR... Sniffydon.. kingkaspa... jumizie. and the others.

Food don set

2 Likes

Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by BiafraBushBoy(m): 11:13am On Dec 28, 2016
Lleigh:
Bush I am here..... grin

Modified....I like the soldier cheesy

That's me grin... I am an old soldier wink
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Adesina12: 11:18am On Dec 28, 2016
What do you have for us this time Bush Boy?

Is it horror film or romance film in the jungle?

While waiting I am enjoying my popcorn with chill river water grin

1 Like

Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Lleigh(f): 11:18am On Dec 28, 2016
Adesina12 I see you.

Bring out the popcorn and let's share a table... grin

2 Likes

Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by donkross1(m): 11:19am On Dec 28, 2016
General Mike Bush of the Republic of Biafra.... Salute Ser

2 Likes

Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Adesina12: 11:23am On Dec 28, 2016
Lleigh:
Adesina12 I see you.

Bring out the popcorn and let's share a table... grin

Ohhh dear Olaniwun!!!

commooon join me please...welcome bae grin

Popcorn plenty......Any Guinness to water it down?

1 Like

Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by BiafraBushBoy(m): 11:27am On Dec 28, 2016
BASED ON A TRUE STORY

******* At the Training camp (Deport) Zaria********

“You are here because you are willing to sacrifice your lives to save your loved ones. A soldier is who is willing to die for his father’s land is a real soldier”

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3395198_5_jpegddf9c9a45551e218c4018d5c53e9f6bb

“Never joke with an enemy. Either you kill him or he kills you. Remember you have loved ones to protect. They are looking up to you”

“Up… Down… Up…Down…Stop!!!”

“You have to learn to make your minds the greatest weapons you ever have. It is better you fight for something than live for nothing”

“No matter what you do out there, always find an excuse to survive”

[img]http://1.bp..com/-ox-i9GMHeyk/Vr2o7GkRo3I/AAAAAAAAtVA/Bk72LWq71bM/s320/3-718041.jpg[/img]

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by BiafraBushBoy(m): 11:29am On Dec 28, 2016
“All what we are doing is making you immortals. When you die for the country, your names will be written in history as one of the brave people who died defending their father’s land”.

“Move it… don’t stop”
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

“We are teaching you how to survive pains. It is better to feel it now than feel the pains of a bullet piercing through your heart”.

“Make up your minds whether you want to pass…or choose to fail” “Learn to speak to your body through your mind…when the body becomes weak, the mind takes over”

“Choose this day where you stand. As for me and my officers, we belong to the Nigerian army”

“You don’t have any reason to quit. Your life as a soldier is in the hands of your partner. When he dies in war…a part of you dies”

“You have to tell yourself that you are capable. Some of you will fail, while some of you will leave on your own. The strong ones will be celebrated when the time comes”

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3395190_11_jpegf7f163af78812e58c4d3c47b4e396ae6

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by BiafraBushBoy(m): 11:32am On Dec 28, 2016
“What you feel, is a conscious decision from your heart to the mind. You can choose not to listen to it. That makes you a meta human.”
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

“Man Down!! Man Down!!” “Drag him off”

“If you hear you hear your name, kindly go back to your room and pack your bags”

[img]http://3.bp..com/-jEmwRro9Ydo/Vr2o3KR7VsI/AAAAAAAAtUw/T0oC69XltJU/s320/2-1-702226.jpg[/img]

“Finally…you made it. Henceforth you command the highest respect ever.” “You can choose to become whatever you want to become.”

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by BiafraBushBoy(m): 11:37am On Dec 28, 2016
********Helicopter Hovering***********

“I knew I had to survive. Not because of myself, but because of the brothers who I may not end up seeing again. My body is weak, my spirit is giving up, but I have learnt to live without both of them”

“A part of me has died and I believe you know why. I have seen the worst that could happen to someone with heart and mind still intact.”

“I love my country but maybe they don’t love me too” “I am coming home but will I be home?”

“I was aware when the doctors were moving about and stuffing my nose with an oxygen mask”

“I was aware of a bank of blood being injected into my body”.

The doctors were running around inside the chopper shouting "he is losing breath"

"Hold On bro" One of the senior officers kept shouting "We are almost home". I was aware that home was close enough. But what will happen at home? Seems like I have lost all that was suppose to keep me going.

“What’s his pulse” The other doctor asked

“I can’t tell” One of the doctors shouted. We were still inside the chopper while all these were going on, and I knew it was a actually a long ride home.

A part of me wanted to live, a part of me wanted to just go because I couldn’t think of living with the trauma that would come with what I would be facing.

“We are losing him…” The head medical personnel yelled in a painful manner.

Life is in phases; I came, I saw but can I really tell what happened? A part of me has died and it died right there in that dry desert. Nothing compares more than seeing the ones you love more being overtaken by forces you have no authority over!!!

“Oh No”!!! One of the doctors shouted…

The chopper landed and a roller was brought, and we were on our way inside the hospital at Brono cantonment.

“He can’t make it” One of the nurses cried as they wheeled inside the hospital…

Just then….To Be Continued!!

Episode 2/3 going on at http://topwritersden.com/mission-sambisa-tale-of-a-survivor/2/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 28, 2016
Adesina12:
What do you have for us this time Bush Boy?

Is it horror film or romance film in the jungle?

While waiting I am enjoying my popcorn with chill river water grin
You again. . Must you be everywhere? undecided

Meanwhile OP, we don't want too much sad scenes.. Right lleigh?

3 Likes

Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Lleigh(f): 11:45am On Dec 28, 2016
Lawlahdey:

Hello lawlahdey hope you are feeling better.

I am #teamsad and blood.

I know that I might have to sit on my own now that I have declared myside grin

1 Like

Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Adesina12: 11:58am On Dec 28, 2016
Lawlahdey:

Yeah I am MTN.....everywhere you go..... grin

Why were you banned and what did you do wrong?

I beg come eat popcorn wif me and Lleigh grin

1 Like

Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Adesina12: 12:09pm On Dec 28, 2016
Bushboy....nice one

keep it coming...

Zombie...Action film

1 Like

Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 28, 2016
Lleigh:

Hello lawlahdey hope you are feeling better.

I am #teamsad and blood.

I know that I might have to sit on my own now that I have declared myside grin
Awwwnn, that's why you treat Linda so cruelly cry

I'm feeling great, thanks.

We'll share this table together with..

Swann
Jagugu88li
KissChrix
Jay542
Adesina12 is in control of popcorn and pepsi

Let the war begiiiiin.. Yay!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 28, 2016
Lawlahdey:
Awwwnn, that's why you treat Linda so cruelly cry

I'm feeling great, thanks.

We'll share these table together with..

Swa'nn
Jagugu'88li
KissC'hrix
Jay'542
Adesin'a12 is in control of popcorn and pepsi

Let the war begiiiiin.. Yay!

cheesycheesy Looks promising

*Takes seat beside Her* wink

2 Likes

Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Nobody: 12:31pm On Dec 28, 2016
KissChrix:

cheesycheesy Looks promising

*Takes seat beside Her* wink
Thank God you are here.. This story is going to be hell scary embarassed

1 Like

Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 28, 2016
Lawlahdey:
Thank God you are here.. This story is going to be hell scary embarassed

Don't worry, I'm here with you smiley

Come closer, lemme cuddle you embarassed

1 Like

Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by BiafraBushBoy(m): 12:39pm On Dec 28, 2016
March 1st 2014 was one of the happiest day of my life. Having passed out from the Direct Short Service (DSS) of the Nigerian Army, I felt like I was in heaven with those uniforms on me. Everyone congratulated me, and I was welcomed home like a warrior who just came back from conquering lots of enemy clans. The celebrations lasted through the night with everyone drinking and enjoying life as it was.

“I missed you baby” Genea said while planting a kiss on my lips. The smile and the excitement on her face was enough to remind everyone that true love was really in existence.

“I missed you too darling” I said as I dragged her closer to sit on my laps. Everyone came to have a picture with me, and I wasn’t weary to keep putting on those smiling faces in their pictures. I loved Genea so badly that we spent our own celebrations talking about our future and when exactly our wedding will take place. We were deeply engrossed in it, before she disrupted our conversation.

“Tell us what happened there” Genea finally asked. I was about opening my mouth and telling the tales of suffering that happened at the camp, before another bigger man disrupted the convo again.

“Will you come to my school and visit me, so that my teachers will stop flogging me” That was Genea’s brother speaking, and everybody went into deep laughter.

“Yes Champ; I will be in your school when it opens and nobody will ever touch you again” I said to the looking boy who was already feeling excited and jumping all over me. Every passing day was a celebration, because they believed that I was lucky to be among those selected. I often told them about how some other guys died and how they were buried without a ceremony.

“God!!” The little boy yelled.

“Was it a bullet that gave you this cut on your face?” Genea asked.

“No, it was a punch” I replied with a smile

“Punch?” She and others asked simultaneously

“Oh yea” I replied. “We were having a physical combat class, where they train you how to be physically strong without ammunitions. That was where a guy landed me a punch and a technical knockout” I explained while smiling all through.

“Did you die?” The little boy asked. There was a general laughter and I settled down to answer him.

“Yes…I died” I said while touching him on the head, to make sure the answer sank into it very well. He was even done with the questioning.

“So how come you are here” He asked albeit surprised “Or are you a magician?” He added.

With a smile on my face and while looking at Genea, I explained to him “I remembered about someone I love so much. Someone I couldn’t think of leaving behind; my greatest inspiration and love, the one that make me stronger while thinking about her. She was the person I remembered and came back to life” Everywhere was silent like I was performing some sort of illusion that was so captivating. I never knew the power of words in love till this very moment. Genea immediately stood up and hugged me.

“I thought you were talking about Jesus” Her little brother asked “Why is sister hugging you?” He asked confused.

‘When the time is right, I will explain to you.” I said as I asked him to give us just a little space and go do something else.

“Will Aunty Genea get pregnant for you?” He asked as he was about standing and leaving.

“Do you know about pregnancy?” I asked in shock

“Yes na” He replied confidently

“What do you know” Genea added immediately “Come go inside and do something else” She yelled at the little boy who was about pouring his mind and soul out. We giggled over the scenario that just played out and laughed about it.

“Don’t go back soon” She begged while holding my hand firmly and was kissing every part of it. I held her closer and placed her head right on my chest. She could feel the very sound of my heart beat.

“You feel anything?” I asked in a low and romantic voice

“Yes…your heartbeat” She said.

“As long as it keeps beating, you will always be mine” I said as curled my fingers round her hair.

“Same with me baby” She replied.

“I promise not to go back anytime soon” I said.

I didn’t keep up to my promise again because I had to return back to base as an urgent call was given to all cadets who just graduated from the military school. I forgot that I was under command as military personnel. When I told Genea about my departure back, I could sense the anger, frustration and sorrow in her voice.

“But you promised?” She asked as she was almost in tears.

“Don’t cry, I will be back” I assured her. That wasn’t enough to calm her down as she immediately went into tears. She terminated the call, and I tried calling back and she never picked up again. I was thinking of how to tell my parents about the recent development.

“Hey Dad, Mummy…I will be leaving tomorrow” I said to them while we were seated at night for our evening devotion. Daddy kept staring at me with a kinda look that was suspicious, and the countenance on his face was sadness written all over it.

“What’s that papa” I asked. He didn’t still reply and kept looking at me and mummy too was even almost crying.

“Where are you going to now?” Daddy asked when he finally spoke out. I didn’t want to add to their fears, even though I knew we were going to be taken to the fiercest part where the battle against insurgents was going on.

“To fight” I responded plainly

“Against the boko haram?” Daddy asked

“Yes” I responded with no emotions on my face. Mummy quickly rushed to where I was seated, held me by the cloth and went into a deep cry.

“Don’t go again please” She begged with tears all over her face “you can be a any other thing, I can sell all my cloths even if it is to open a business for you” She kept pleading. Tears were forming in my eyes, but I decided to remain resolute.

Daddy was mute all these while and never said a word. I could see sadness in his eyes, but there was nothing I could do.

“I have to go sleep, I will be leaving tomorrow morning” I said to them as I stood up from the chair and headed straight to my room. I sat on the bed, thinking about what would become of me at the war front. I have heard stories of people being killed on their first day in action, and “what if I die, how will mummy survive?” I kept asking myself.

I could hear footsteps towards my room, and I quickly took a sleeping position.

“Baby” That was mummy’s voice calling me with a low tone. She tapped me when I acted like I didn’t hear. I knew the torment she was passing, seeing her only son being taken to sacrifice his life for a country that doesn’t even care about him.

“Please don’t go back” Mummy kept dragging my feet and was shedding tears. It was really an emotional night for her, and I had to wake up and hug her.

“I won’t die…I promise” I said to her, as I held on with the hug. Those simple words were so powerful that she immediately ceased crying and looked me in the face

“Promise you will come back for Me, Daddy and your girlfriend” she said. I immediately smiled and gave her the promise she wanted.

“Just believe me mom, I will be back home soon” I whispered into her ear. With a smile and a kiss on the cheek, I finally found peace to sleep that night.

“Remember…everybody is home, waiting for you” Daddy said in the morning after I was set to depart to the 82 division very close to my house. That is where we would be transported to our fighting base at Barma.

“I will be back soon enough” I shouted as I entered a waiting vehicle and was greeted with salutes from junior ranked soldiers, who came to pick me up and off we zoomed to the barracks!

“Hello captain” I greeted with a salute to one of the officers I saw at our camp some few months ago. He quickly received my salute and brought his hands forward to greet me. I extended my own hands and infact, he hugged me and was so happy to see me.

“Look at you; you see the effect of those pains you suffered?” He asked and I probably wasn’t expected to answer him. I smiled back, and we entered a very long discussion.

“Have you ever been to the north-east to fight” I asked him in a very gentle tone. He giggled and looked at me, probably to know my intention of asking.

“Nothing really, just wanting to know things I will expect from there” I explained my motives immediately. He smiled once more, tapped me on the back

“We have born fighters and I am not one of them. Every year, I have to go through a lot of bribing to retain my position here in the office. I don’t want to die yet” He said with a smile. Those words really struck me and I felt bad.

“Are we now the sacrificial lambs to be killed?” I asked myself within. Either ways, I smiled and left him to meet up with fellow comrades in order to commence our journey down to the land of death like we all heard and assumed.

To Be continued.

Episode 3 @ http://topwritersden.com/mission-sambisa-tale-of-a-survivor/3/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Nobody: 12:52pm On Dec 28, 2016
KissChrix:

Don't worry, I'm here with you smiley

Come closer, lemme cuddle you embarassed
Thanks dear cry

1 Like

Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by UnlimitedIfex(m): 1:59pm On Dec 28, 2016
Bush i don land like air plane. Hope una neva finish d pop corn because i want go bring chair
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Davidhero(m): 2:15pm On Dec 28, 2016
*Bashes In* Jeez, tis is a Hit story... Wow... cool*
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by kingkaspa: 2:47pm On Dec 28, 2016
I don land, keep it coming.
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Genea(f): 3:01pm On Dec 28, 2016
Following...... wink
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 28, 2016
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by SPDAZZY(f): 3:29pm On Dec 28, 2016
Interesting, following
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by KiziitoKennel(m): 3:52pm On Dec 28, 2016
I have arrived, make I find chair Sidon and flex my dry meat with a bottle of Heineken grin

BiafraBushBoy nice one, oya kwantinu am following!!
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Rahmoney(m): 6:20pm On Dec 28, 2016
Following :DFollowing
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by Rahmoney(m): 6:21pm On Dec 28, 2016
Following cheesy
Re: Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) by omonighoblessing(f): 10:50pm On Dec 28, 2016
oh I just love the intro........this commands my respect I must say. and a job welldone to donkross1 ! ,he killed it!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Wizard Landlord (A True Life Story) By Attire Literature / 14 Quotes From 'Things Fall Apart' By Chinua Achebe / (BBW) Big Bold Woman ( a short story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.