Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,066 members, 7,807,197 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

Car Smokes When You Start Engine - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Smokes When You Start Engine (537 Views)

It Smokes Sometimes When I Speed. / Reasons Why Your Car Smokes / 7 Things You Should Do Every Day Before You Start Your Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Car Smokes When You Start Engine by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 28, 2016
Pls how do I solve the problem of smoking from the radiator area when I start the ignition and the engine steams. The car is a 2003 Toyota Rav4. I did some repairs recently including electrical but the battery has been weak despite several recharges. The fans are working. What could be the problem and solution? I need suggestions please..
Re: Car Smokes When You Start Engine by nurey(m): 4:14pm On Dec 28, 2016
for ba3 seems a wrong electrical connection is causing ba3 drain. a good electrician should look into it. If the fan start immediately you switch the ignition on, then the car has been remixed, you need to unremix the car

for smoke coming from radiator, i dont understand the explanation. but if you open bonnet, start the car and when engine is warm smoke is visible, then there is a leak of fluid, could be engine oil, could be steering oil, it could also be ATF the leak is dropping on the exhaust manifold/hot metal areas. but you need to investigate it yourself to ascertain leak location

(1) (Reply)

Anyone Seen A Mazda MPV With Diesel Engine? / Will You Ride This Polaris Sportsman WV850 H.O. All-Terrain Vehicle? / Expanded BMW Range To Help Fund Electrified Future

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.