Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,868 members, 7,802,800 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts (35962 Views)

Amnesty International Issues Travel Warning To Travelers & Visitors To The U.S. / Moving To America, Great Investment. / Visitors To America Must Now Surrender Their Social Media Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 28, 2016
Chai! So Cao will not be able to enter the US when they find out she hates Fifa 17. And I warned her o: "Cao try to like Fifa 17, it won't kill you to try". She didn't listen...hmm

Estharfabian will not be able to visit when they find out she's never posted her pic. So she might be a spy of some sort. And I warned her o. Post your pic, she will not post...hmm

Evaberry will not be able to visit because of her monosyllabic responses. They'll be like: "she's another retarded one. We have too many of those already." And I warned her: "Evaberry, show the world how intelligent you are by engaging me in an intellectual discourse." She won't listen...she'll be typing "lol" all over the place. You see now? Hmm

Ireneony will not be able to visit because they'll find out she's not very nice to people on the internet. They'll be like: "Is there a dearth of drama in the US right now? No? Then we don't need no drama queen on US soil. And I warned her o. I dissed and dissed, but all my efforts proved futile. Hmm

Joycesims will get the visa but she'll not be able to visit because her bosses are punishing her by locking her inside that conference room/office on her DP, also asking her to face the wall. She's been under punishment for Lord knows how long now. You better do something about it Joycesims. Something like changing your DP. Just saying. tongue

Raemystix will not be able to visit cos she'll be mistaken for Rey Mysterio the wrestler. They'll be like: "Another Mexican? Hell no! Build the wall! "

MsDelilah will not be able to visit cos they'll find out she's a serial online liar who actually doesn't know anything about F1 racing, Benz and Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Oop! Busted!! tongue

Mimzzy will not be able to visit because she looks cool and level-headed but treats are mentions like Hitler (lol...well the way he would if he were alive in 2016...Oops! It's almost 2017. Happy New Year guys! You got new year greetings from me first; ahead of your boyfriends. tongue ) They'll be like: "Hitler on US soil? Stay in your Nigeria you Miss Nairaland contesting nazi.

Raine80 will get a visa the moment they learn about her catwalk. Hey Mr. Trump. Raine80's got a helluva catwalk on her. And they'll even grant her honorary citizenship when they learn about her wits. tongue

What a helluva way to let off steam. I just hope I haven't offended anyone (asides your boyfriends and admirers) ? tongue

1 Like

Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by menxer: 5:19pm On Dec 28, 2016
carmag:
.Nonsense

they think they are cleaver my social media account had never linked to my names

by the way I'm a staunch supporter of Trump or any group capable of wiping out terrorism and suicide bombing in this planet

Yea Yea.

Your moniker though, reminds me of my favorite PC game back then: carmageddon grin
Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by Mujaheeeden: 5:26pm On Dec 28, 2016
People like AdeMusiwa will be denied visa
Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 28, 2016
Good step in a good direction

Observing
Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by Daviddson(m): 5:27pm On Dec 28, 2016
The US keep shooting themselves in the foot everyday. What happens to their so-called mirage of absolute liberty. This clearly reveals that it never existed. If an African country had brought this policy, they'll have thrown them one or two sanctions.

I'm not against this in itself - it's actually a necessity for security, but I'm trying to point out their inconsistencies and hypocrisies.

2 Likes

Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by fyneguy: 5:28pm On Dec 28, 2016
Visitors should also submit their Nairaland user ids. tongue

1 Like

Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by wexyee: 5:29pm On Dec 28, 2016
martynsnet:
Well, they aint asking for ur password
lol do u tink they need it ........?
Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by austino677(m): 5:30pm On Dec 28, 2016
VickyRotex:

You go surrender your Nairaland account ni undecided
e be like say I get 10 account grin grin na joke ooo

1 Like

Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by CltrAltDel: 5:30pm On Dec 28, 2016
DirtyGold:
Really? Visa is not enough again abi? Is America heaven?
[img]http:///media/12-24-2016/E1c7QP.gif[/img]

What's tha business?
LOL

3 Likes

Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by bettercreature(m): 5:33pm On Dec 28, 2016
helper01:
this somehow goes against the concept of the so-called 'free country.'
Moreover, this rule is against the rule of law as regards to privacy and its enforcement will lead to unpleasant consequences.
Its meaningless.I dont know why people are worried if they are no terrorist
Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 28, 2016
And why are people scared of surrendering their social media account ? If you have nothing to hide then it should not be a problem. Well, if you have something to hide, America is rejecting your money. What do they think they are ? When China is begging us all to visit them.

2 Likes

Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by austino677(m): 5:36pm On Dec 28, 2016
Billyonaire:
And why are people scared of surrendering their social media account ? If you have nothing to hide then it should not be a problem. Well, if you have something to hide, America is rejecting your money. What do they think they are ? When China is begging us all to visit them.
china ke!!! America all the way wink.. . China get Miami Beach

1 Like

Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by VickyRotex(f): 5:36pm On Dec 28, 2016
austino677:
e be like say I get 10 account grin grin na joke ooo

Cheiiii! We go fish all the 10 commot. No ask us how. undecided
Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by Nobody: 5:39pm On Dec 28, 2016
a nigga can deny having any social media account na, would that stop him from gaining entry into the us?

1 Like

Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by Coefficient(m): 5:41pm On Dec 28, 2016
Well, it's nothing new. The CBP officer requested mine in New York some months ago.
Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 28, 2016
austino677:
china ke!!! America all the way wink.. . China get Miami Beach
All na water my bruda.
Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by akoredebadru(m): 5:42pm On Dec 28, 2016
Who dey hep
Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by obinna5000(m): 5:43pm On Dec 28, 2016
But from the information, it is applicable to visitors coming through the Visa Waiver Program.
Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by Mcowubaba: 5:44pm On Dec 28, 2016
VickyRotex:

You go surrender your Nairaland account ni undecided
I hope you are being sarcastic.
Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by austino677(m): 5:46pm On Dec 28, 2016
Billyonaire:
All na water my bruda.
e pass water ooo
Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 28, 2016
This is a big intrusion into the privacy of travelers, but I doubt if any legal challenge to this policy in US courts would be successful because the US Supreme Court has long held that the US govt has an inherent public interest to carry out intrusive searches on foreign visitors at its border posts.

But as the article says, the policy would be limited to countries whose citizens do not need a visa to travel to the US; so it won't apply to Nigerian passport holders.
Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by VickyRotex(f): 5:47pm On Dec 28, 2016
Mcowubaba:

I hope you are being sarcastic.

Rhetorical question!
Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by IYANGBALI: 5:47pm On Dec 28, 2016
Thank God nairaland no dey.

Seun na wetin happen America no recognise you? tongue tongue tongue
Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:48pm On Dec 28, 2016
austino677:
What of those wey nor get Facebook account like me sad
You must get and you .must submit

Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by Codes151(m): 5:49pm On Dec 28, 2016
Na for those way dey go na
Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by mfm04622: 5:51pm On Dec 28, 2016
carmag:
.Nonsense

they think they are cleaver my social media account had never linked to my names

by the way I'm a staunch supporter of Trump or any group capable of wiping out terrorism and suicide bombing in this planet

May God preserve our lives. Let's see how Trump will wipe out terrorists. I predict terrorists will flourish during his term!
Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by Alao96(m): 5:52pm On Dec 28, 2016
bet why cry
Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by SmartyPants(m): 5:53pm On Dec 28, 2016
The article clearly says this:

"Since Tuesday, foreign travelers arriving in the United States on the visa waiver program have been presented with an “optional” request to “enter information associated with your online presence,”

So what is the big problem and complaint? It is optional.
Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by obinna5000(m): 5:53pm On Dec 28, 2016
CFCman:
This is a big intrusion into the privacy of travelers, but I doubt if any legal challenge to this policy in US courts would be successful because the US Supreme Court has long held that the US govt has an inherent public interest to carry out intrusive searches on foreign visitors at its border posts.

But as the article says, the policy would be limited to countries whose citizens do not need a visa to travel to the US; so it won't apply to Nigerian passport holders.

Yeah! It's meant for countries in the U.S. visitors visa waiver program
Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by uzoexcel(m): 5:56pm On Dec 28, 2016
I foresaw this
Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by InvertedHammer: 6:01pm On Dec 28, 2016
carmag:
.Nonsense

/
You are only smart by half.

Your phantom social media account is linked to your real phone number which is linked to your real identity.

\
Re: Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts by Mcowubaba: 6:01pm On Dec 28, 2016
VickyRotex:

Rhetorical question!
angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Drug Mule Dies At Madrid Airport Terrified Staff Thought He Had Ebola / Why Women Leave Their Husbands Abroad After They Both Japa / Is This A True Reflection Of Ado-Ekiti Roads, Ekiti State?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.