Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

Nigerian Men Vs Black-American Men! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerian Men Vs Black-American Men! (14044 Views)

Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! / American Women That Marry Nigerian Men / Proper Greeting For Black American Meeting Boyfriend's Nigerian Mother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Men Vs Black-American Men! by newakata(f): 11:09am On Nov 19, 2009
Amerian Men vs Nigerian Men

Any takers?

Nigerian Men: I realllly like them- they are soo sexy and I love their macho and manliness
American Men: They're cool- a little too soft at times, but less domineering.

Nigerian Men: VERY passionate and intense in their pursuit of a woman
American Men: Very casual about pursuing women and assumes few women are "good enough" for him.

Nigerian men: Are more likely to avoid loose trampy ignorant behaving women - wants sex- w/ women who can potentially make good wife material.
American men: Don't mind loose trampy ignorant women- he just wants sex anyway and not marriage.

Nigerian men: Are sexist. Has strict ideals about the role of a woman vs role of a man
American men: not sexist at all. Wants a woman to do all he can do and MORE!

Nigerian Men: will Allow wife to be a housewife.
American Men: think housewives are lazy freeloaders. But if the wife is White (Oyimbo) then its okay for HER to be housewife and raise their children.

Nigerian Men: don't keep six pack , muscles, or stay w/nice physique past 20's or once they are married.
American Men: more likely to keep six pack, muscles, well into 30's, 40's and after marriage.

Nigerian Men: see honor in having wife, and kids
American Men: have 3 kids, and never 1 wife. (according to statistics that 70% of Afr. Amer. children are born out of wedlock.)

Nigerian Men: Appreciate beauty in all colors, and shapes. Do not like thick/plus sized women too often.
American Men: Appreciates beauty in every color except VERY DARK skin, do not like skinny girls too often, is OBSESSED with big butts. A LOT of them favor plus-sized women.

Nigerian men: don't stay in shape past their 20's, or once they are married.
American Men: Are vain and more likely to put more effort into staying in shape and looking young well into 30's and 40's.

Nigerian Men: will cheat and expect wife to forgive and forget.
American men: will cheat and KNOW he will be cussed out from A-Z, AND suffer some type of bitter revenge from the wife.

Nigerian Men: are responsible AND STINGY with money. Wife has to EXPLAIN why she needs it.
American Men: are irresponsible with money, but more likely to share with his wife with little question.

Nigerian Men: Looove Sex and are well endowed.
American men: Looove Sex and are well endowed.

Nigerian Men:Know AIDS is real-so he is more likely to play safely
American men: believe AIDS is a scare tactic and is more likely to take chances with unsafe sex.
Re: Nigerian Men Vs Black-American Men! by OBVIOUS(m): 11:37am On Nov 19, 2009
This should be in the RACISM AND TRIBALISM SECTION-----

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Vs Black-American Men! by smooooooth: 11:53am On Nov 19, 2009
she may be right, she has been in both worlds.
Re: Nigerian Men Vs Black-American Men! by OBVIOUS(m): 11:55am On Nov 19, 2009
with the amount of divorces going on in the Nigerian community---- you wont have much to say about the marriage thing---- Nigerians don't respect marriage no more--- they have become westernized.
Re: Nigerian Men Vs Black-American Men! by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 19, 2009
Nigerian men: the universal panadol.
Re: Nigerian Men Vs Black-American Men! by Hauwa1: 4:19pm On Nov 20, 2009
tpia.:

Nigerian men: the universal panadol.

with walking mandigo grin
Re: Nigerian Men Vs Black-American Men! by girl22(f): 9:25pm On Nov 21, 2009
why dont nigerians ever compare themselves to other people besides black american?
Re: Nigerian Men Vs Black-American Men! by lostgirl: 10:46pm On Nov 21, 2009
I agree with Girl22. there are other men of color out there to be compared. As far as Nigerian Men vs. Black American Men, the Poster was on point with a few things.
Re: Nigerian Men Vs Black-American Men! by Nobody: 11:28pm On Nov 21, 2009
girl22:

why dont nigerians ever compare themselves to other people besides black american?

I believe the thread starter says s/he's either AA or Carribean.
Re: Nigerian Men Vs Black-American Men! by girl22(f): 1:41am On Nov 22, 2009
oh well my apology then
Re: Nigerian Men Vs Black-American Men! by girl22(f): 1:42am On Nov 22, 2009
in my opinion men are men.

there are african men that fit the black americans description and there are black american men that fit the african description.

believe me there are african american men that are very selfish with money and they do not work out.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Vs Black-American Men! by Nwaka77: 4:18pm On Nov 22, 2009
girl22:

The last time I checked, the thread starter is black american. No Naija forumite will name themselve "New[b]akata[/b]". So, let's not jump to conclusion. undecided
Re: Nigerian Men Vs Black-American Men! by davidif: 7:59am On Nov 23, 2009
I would say she is pretty accurate to a certain extent.
Re: Nigerian Men Vs Black-American Men! by Nobody: 8:06am On Nov 23, 2009
OBVIOUS:

This should be in the RACISM AND TRIBALISM SECTION-----

She was fair in her comparisons. I don't see where she hated on one side to favour the other.
Re: Nigerian Men Vs Black-American Men! by newakata(f): 10:27am On Nov 23, 2009
The thread was started because someone had posted a "Nigerian Women vs American Women" thread. Since women are often under scrutiny and judgement by men, I thought it only fair to share some thoughts about the men.
Re: Nigerian Men Vs Black-American Men! by finemocha(f): 11:58pm On Dec 03, 2009
u cant really compare nigerian men to african american men. that is an insult to nigerian men. that is like comparing nigerian women to african american women.
Re: Nigerian Men Vs Black-American Men! by nene1: 7:16pm On Dec 04, 2009
finemocha:

u cant really compare nigerian men to african american men. that is an insult to nigerian men. that is like comparing nigerian women to african american women.

I agree there is no comparison. It is insulting.
Re: Nigerian Men Vs Black-American Men! by africhika(f): 7:23pm On Dec 04, 2009
i agree with everything but this:

Nigerian Men: Appreciate beauty in all colors, and shapes. Do not like thick/plus sized women too often.
American Men: Appreciates beauty in every color except VERY DARK skin, do not like skinny girls too often, is OBSESSED with big butts. A LOT of them favor plus-sized women.

9ja men love shapely curvy girls, too.

yeah, i'm too skinny for AA guys.
Re: Nigerian Men Vs Black-American Men! by newakata(f): 2:36pm On Dec 08, 2009
The two can be compared. Are compared, and will continue to be compared until the labels are removed - which is probably never since humans like labels and generalizations.

Look at your forum, Most Nigerians here make a distinction about the behavior and attitudes of each tribe, or geography of Nigerians.

But at the end of the day- God sees us all the same.
Re: Nigerian Men Vs Black-American Men! by nene1: 5:26pm On Dec 09, 2009
newakata:

The two can be compared. Are compared, and will continue to be compared until the labels are removed - which is probably never since humans like labels and generalizations.

Look at your forum, Most Nigerians here make a distinction about the behavior and attitudes of each tribe, or geography of Nigerians.

But at the end of the day- God sees us all the same.

why did u make your username akata? are you sure of the meaning? it is a derogotary term for you and other aa. i don't think a nigerian would make that their username lol,

and just b/c some people attempt to compare the two men does not mean they are comparable. sorry, but nigerian men are way out of their league. the same can be said for many other african men.
Re: Nigerian Men Vs Black-American Men! by ijeoma2619: 3:13am On Dec 11, 2009
newakata u and ur contoversial topics, do u ever get tired? Each time i look up there u go with your discussions that would stir up trouble. enough please
Re: Nigerian Men Vs Black-American Men! by newakata(f): 3:53am On Dec 11, 2009
^^^^Funny how I never saw such comments when someone started the "Nigerian woimen vs American women" thread, things that make you go hmmmmmmmm. angry
Re: Nigerian Men Vs Black-American Men! by chiogo(f): 5:11am On Dec 11, 2009
I agree with a lot of the points except the sexism part. American men are sexist too, but I guess their sexism is less than that of Nigerian guys. But all na sexism. tongue
Re: Nigerian Men Vs Black-American Men! by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 11, 2009
nene1:

nigerian men are way out of their league. the same can be said for many other african men.

God created everone equal so its sheer baseless vanity really for anyone to consider his race or tribe superior to another race or tribe.
Re: Nigerian Men Vs Black-American Men! by tamme: 2:08am On Dec 16, 2009
nigerian men
Re: Nigerian Men Vs Black-American Men! by Nobody: 2:09am On Dec 16, 2009
I don't see what's so special about these Nigerian men. They wouldn't by anything without the Nigerian woman. The women deserve praises, not the men.
Re: Nigerian Men Vs Black-American Men! by girl22(f): 7:08pm On Dec 22, 2009
to compare one's self is a sign of insecurity
Re: Nigerian Men Vs Black-American Men! by nice1967: 8:11am On Jun 25, 2010
I find the comparison to be more of a generalization rather than true statistics. Black people rather African or African American have been torn since the introduction of slavery and we are continuously brainwashed by the white media to keep us angry and torn from one another. The comparisons really don't work because there are some of every man of every color that fits into each category; for instance, both African, Asian, Caucasian, Middle Eastern, and African American men cheat, divorce, could be stingy towards their wives and the list goes on. We need to stop the self mutilation of who we are as a people (Africans and African Americans) all with backgrounds originally from the same motherland. It is too bad that the brainwashing has penetrated the deepest layer of the mind and has erased all the positives that we share as a people. May we come to learn more about one another through genuine friendships, non biased observations, research, education, and love.
Re: Nigerian Men Vs Black-American Men! by tpia5: 6:06am On Nov 10, 2010
according to statistics that 70% of Afr. Amer. children are born out of wedlock

i was reading an article about this today and it gave the statistic as 72%.

this is indeed worrying if true and black women need to examine what exactly went wrong.

i dont think slavery alone should account for such figures in the 21st century.

lord have mercy.
Re: Nigerian Men Vs Black-American Men! by DaRapture: 9:53pm On Nov 11, 2010
Mind your business.
Re: Nigerian Men Vs Black-American Men! by InkedNerd(f): 4:31am On Nov 12, 2010
newakata:

Amerian Men vs Nigerian Men

Nigerian men: Are sexist. Has strict ideals about the role of a woman vs role of a man
American men: not sexist at all. Wants a woman to do all he can do and MORE!

Ummm, how did you come to this conclusion? There are MANY sexist men in the the US. Just because Nigerian men are more forthcoming about their sexist beliefs doesn't mean that American men aren't sexist. You don't have to announce your sexist beliefs to be a sexist person. 
Re: Nigerian Men Vs Black-American Men! by Nobody: 4:51am On Nov 12, 2010
Can folks desist from using the word ''tribe'' to describe Nigerian Ethnic Groups please?

Some of those Ethnic Groups have populations of up to 40 million, more than 3 or 4 countries put together.

So it's highly inappropriate to refer to them as ''tribes''.

You do realise the days of colonialists, who introduced such perjorative terms to demean our great and illustrious people, are over?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oba Bamidele Simeon Dabo Becomes Igbekebo New King In Ondo / Osole Gbewa 15 Million Tabi 9million. / Countries Of The World Ranked By Linguistic Diversity (nigeria @ #5)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.