Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,973 members, 7,806,830 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:48 AM

My GSD Is Aggressive Towards Me (Smart has died!!!) - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My GSD Is Aggressive Towards Me (Smart has died!!!) (6476 Views)

Diaries of Tokyo my GSD pup... / Caucasian Vs Rottweiler - Which Is More Aggressive? / Super Energetic Female Coc X Gsd is now on heat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My GSD Is Aggressive Towards Me (Smart has died!!!) by Nobody: 5:14pm On Dec 28, 2016
Hello Dog owners, I own this cute gsd which I bought whilst a puppy. However I saw him once then (like 5 months ago). So I came home last weekend and saw it, and we bonded. We played, walked and all. However, since yesterday, it has been barking ferociously at me, trying to cut his belt and chain attack me. I don't know what's happening. Surprisingly, he isn't doing like that to my dad.
What could be wrong?
Re: My GSD Is Aggressive Towards Me (Smart has died!!!) by Immorttal: 11:16pm On Dec 28, 2016
You are a dog newbie. The GSD wasn't trying to attack you, he simply needs your attention.

5 Likes

Re: My GSD Is Aggressive Towards Me (Smart has died!!!) by Nobody: 9:13am On Dec 29, 2016
Immorttal:
You are a dog newbie. The GSD wasn't trying to attack you, he simply needs your attention.
Thanks a lot. Yes I am a dog newbie. I've been giving him attention since yesterday but it's like my presence infuriates him. Whenever my dad is with him, he doesn't bark rather it plays and tries to cuddle him. But anytime he sees me, he starts barking and all. I'm thinking prolly I've offended him or something.
Re: My GSD Is Aggressive Towards Me (Smart has died!!!) by Immorttal: 10:01am On Dec 29, 2016
ayxmania:

Thanks a lot. Yes I am a dog newbie. I've been giving him attention since yesterday but it's like my presence infuriates him. Whenever my dad is with him, he doesn't bark rather it plays and tries to cuddle him. But anytime he sees me, he starts barking and all. I'm thinking prolly I've offended him or something.
have you tried going closer to him or touching him. tell me his reaction before i profer the "whys" and solution to it.
Re: My GSD Is Aggressive Towards Me (Smart has died!!!) by Nautillus(m): 10:35am On Dec 29, 2016
Be the one bringing it food for the next 3 days. he would treat you same as your dad. (but please note that your dag has accepted your dad as the Alpha male in the house...)he will accept you, but you cant be his Alpha again.

7 Likes

Re: My GSD Is Aggressive Towards Me (Smart has died!!!) by Spy360(m): 12:03pm On Dec 29, 2016
ayxmania:

Do you eat dog meat? It may be sensing something.

10 Likes

Re: My GSD Is Aggressive Towards Me (Smart has died!!!) by Nobody: 2:11pm On Dec 29, 2016
Immorttal:
have you tried going closer to him or touching him. tell me his reaction before i profer the "whys" and solution to it.
Yes bro, I tried that this morning and it was nearly fatal. He almost bit me. I had my dad bring him out of his house and chain him to the reservoir so I could have space to play with him and observe him. When I tried to loosen his belt and play with him, hr nearly bit me. Bros my liver cut. I'm tired of Hus behavior. I'm considering selling him off and getting another puppy.
Re: My GSD Is Aggressive Towards Me (Smart has died!!!) by Immorttal: 2:21pm On Dec 29, 2016
ayxmania:

Yes bro, I tried that this morning and it was nearly fatal. He almost bit me. I had my dad bring him out of his house and chain him to the reservoir so I could have space to play with him and observe him. When I tried to loosen his belt and play with him, hr nearly bit me. Bros my liver cut. I'm tired of Hus behavior. I'm considering selling him off and getting another puppy.
if you want to sell him off, can we chat privately. I need an aggresive bloodline of gsds. Now i understand everything, you need to exercise patience, ignorr his aggression and try giving him foods and treats starting from today. Never exhibit fear because the dog is already seeing you as a lesser personality in the pack while your dad is the alpha. I think you'll enjoy that dog later but if you want to sell him then contact me.

7 Likes

Re: My GSD Is Aggressive Towards Me (Smart has died!!!) by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 29, 2016
Nautillus:
Be the one bringing it food for the next 3 days. he would treat you same as your dad. (but please note that your dag has accepted your dad as the Alpha male in the house...)he will accept you, but you cant be his Alpha again.
Thanks boss. I've been doing that since Friday. He did something funny on Sunday and yesterday. On Sunday, I had my mom prepare fried rice and diced chicken for him as Christmas treat but the nigga didn't eat it when I served him. When my dad went to him, he ate the food up. Yesterday too, I got catfish pepper soup for him and he did the same thing. I have a feeling he doesn't like me Jere.
Re: My GSD Is Aggressive Towards Me (Smart has died!!!) by Nobody: 2:52pm On Dec 29, 2016
Spy360:
Do you eat dog meat? It may be sensing something.
404? no o I don't eat it.
Re: My GSD Is Aggressive Towards Me (Smart has died!!!) by Immorttal: 2:54pm On Dec 29, 2016
ayxmania:

Thanks boss. I've been doing that since Friday. He did something funny on Sunday and yesterday. On Sunday, I had my mom prepare fried rice and diced chicken for him as Christmas treat but the nigga didn't eat it when I served him. When my dad went to him, he ate the food up. Yesterday too, I got catfish pepper soup for him and he did the same thing. I have a feeling he doesn't like me Jere.
you are exhibiting fear too much. Whenever you want to serve him, go straight up, don't look him in the eye, serve him and get out. Do these like three days.Then tell your Popsy to lossen the chain and see the magic happen - he will come to you on his own.
Re: My GSD Is Aggressive Towards Me (Smart has died!!!) by Nobody: 3:10pm On Dec 29, 2016
Immorttal:
you are exhibiting fear too much. Whenever you want to serve him, go straight up, don't look him in the eye, serve him and get out. Do these like three days.Then tell your Popsy to lossen the chain and see the magic happen - he will come to you on his own.
Okay bro, I'll do that. Thanks a lot.
Re: My GSD Is Aggressive Towards Me (Smart has died!!!) by hahn(m): 3:44pm On Dec 29, 2016
Eat it

angry

2 Likes

Re: My GSD Is Aggressive Towards Me (Smart has died!!!) by Nautillus(m): 3:47pm On Dec 29, 2016
your dag vaguely remembers you from his days as a pup in the house. it only sees you now as a NEW male member of the pack so its warming up to the dad (the alpha) and remain aggressive to you to show his dominance and the second alpha male in the house. and yes, he can smell your fear...so he wont back down until you challenge him head on .

1 Like

Re: My GSD Is Aggressive Towards Me (Smart has died!!!) by Immorttal: 6:53pm On Dec 29, 2016
Nautillus:
your dag vaguely remembers you from his days as a pup in the house. it only sees you now as a NEW male member of the pack so its warming up to the dad (the alpha) and remain aggressive to you to show his dominance and the second alpha male in the house. and yes, he can smell your fear...so he wont back down until you challenge him head on .
if it is me, that dog go gree. i,ve had what i will call the most aggressive dog anyone could have, it started biting at 6weeks and wont let anyone touch him - infact touching him is a recipe for disaster, i trained the dog from 4weeks to 4months ( at this time it was already a mad beast) then sold it under strict buy-back option. at nine months old, i came back for the dog and the dog nearly chop me to pieces, one remarkable thing about the dog is that it has no modicum of fear in its bloodline. i completed the transaction for the dog and asked the owner to bring it to my house and loose it free, the dog saw me and old memories was rekindled, the affection he showed me that day was intriguing. sadly the dog passed out after 2 years of faithful service. a true GSD, it never barks for nothing, infact his bark comes only when he is attacking. am developing a female to harness the bloodline because the father is still alive at 13 years. fingers crossed. i will upload the picture of the dog later.

6 Likes

Re: My GSD Is Aggressive Towards Me (Smart has died!!!) by Immorttal: 6:59pm On Dec 29, 2016
Potiscum. 2012-2014

The name was derived after Boko Haram bombed a town in Nothern Nigeria.

9 Likes

Re: My GSD Is Aggressive Towards Me (Smart has died!!!) by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 29, 2016
Nautillus:
Omo oga o.. I'm already giving him the treatment immorttal recommended above. I gave him food and passed by him without regarding him. I observed at first, he barked. However, th second time I passed by him, he was gentle and whining (like the way humans grumble if u pass by them without greeting them). This Saturday, I'll loosen him and see the worst he can do.
Re: My GSD Is Aggressive Towards Me (Smart has died!!!) by forreelinc(m): 7:29pm On Dec 29, 2016
Na just chain aggression if you near am it will start to wag its tail gsds do dat a lot
Re: My GSD Is Aggressive Towards Me (Smart has died!!!) by AKMoney1(m): 11:54am On Jan 13, 2017
ayxmania:

Omo oga o.. I'm already giving him the treatment immorttal recommended above. I gave him food and passed by him without regarding him. I observed at first, he barked. However, th second time I passed by him, he was gentle and whining (like the way humans grumble if u pass by them without greeting them). This Saturday, I'll loosen him and see the worst he can do.

Bros come and finish your story ooo... Abi the dog don tear you apart ni cheesy grin

6 Likes

Re: My GSD Is Aggressive Towards Me (Smart has died!!!) by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jan 13, 2017
AKMoney1:

Bros come and finish your story ooo... Abi the dog don tear you apart ni cheesy grin
Baba no vex jor. So the story goes thus:
One day, the day the dog brain go enter factory reset, my dad traveled and the dog was not fed in the morning as usual. So around 3pm, I pitied him and fed him. Omo na like say I be him saviour. He comport sharp. So for like 3days, i fed him and bathe him and he became submissive. Now however, he is doing something. Every night before I sleep, I do drop treats for him. So anytime we let him loose, he'll come to my window and be whyning. Last night when I didn't answer him, Smart got angry and spoilt many things, cut flowers and broke plastics. He is becoming a companion now sha. Sad I'll soon go back to Ibadan again.

5 Likes

Re: My GSD Is Aggressive Towards Me (Smart has died!!!) by tonyflash43(m): 12:36am On Jan 15, 2017
Lol this you story sweet oo, but said ending, d dog no go no u again if u go ibadon com back
Re: My GSD Is Aggressive Towards Me (Smart has died!!!) by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jan 16, 2017
tonyflash43:
Lol this you story sweet oo, but said ending, d dog no go no u again if u go ibadon com back
Make I no lie you, I don tire for the dog. My dad is the one taking care of him now.
Re: My GSD Is Aggressive Towards Me (Smart has died!!!) by younghartz(m): 6:43pm On Jan 16, 2017
He won't do anything..... When he/she comes closer allow em, will sniff your toe and that's all... Hope say you weren't flogging his life when it was a pup? If not hmmmm smiley
Re: My GSD Is Aggressive Towards Me (Smart has died!!!) by okikiosibodu(m): 12:05am On Jan 17, 2017
Immorttal:
if you want to sell him off, can we chat privately...Never exhibit fear because the dog is already seeing you as a lesser personality in the pack while your dad is the alpha... I think you'll enjoy that dog later but if you want to sell him then contact me.
It's amazing how someone sees a problem, and you see an asset. I have read all your comments on this thread up till now, and I must confess, my face was engulfed with smiles when I read the lines above.
1st, I have once had an experience with a jealous Rottweiler that had a policy of "either you play with me alone, or you don't play with any dog around here". She was extremely jealous of me playing with her fellow canine companions and will bark real crazy and disturb the peace of the neighbourhood. One without experience could mistake her jealous barks for awarning bark 'cause it is usually serious....So it's a good thing you are pointing out the WHYS to OP
2ndly, that fear thing is really true about dogs. My mentor has an hyper active Boerboel that no matter how many times you hang around with her even with her owner who is an ever capable Alpha, she will still "shakara" you if left together with her. The only way you can get her confidence or get fully accepted by her is if you don't show any sign of fear- and trust me it takes serious liver not to freak out 'cause she makes some dangerous moves, but will never hurt you if you don't freak out. If you care about reading up on them, you can read up on

https://www.nairaland.com/3289738/diary-last-visit-dogbreath-kennel
Re: My GSD Is Aggressive Towards Me (Smart has died!!!) by Nobody: 1:47am On Jan 17, 2017
younghartz:
He won't do anything..... When he/she comes closer allow em, will sniff your toe and that's all... Hope say you weren't flogging his life when it was a pup? If not hmmmm smiley
I never flogged him, not for once. I don't like the licking part ni. The dog loves to lick my body with his tongue and I'm not comfy with it. I can still do with the sniffing and rough play.
He broke out of his house yesterday and I had to put him on leash and lock him up again, kirikiri style lol.
Re: My GSD Is Aggressive Towards Me (Smart has died!!!) by Immorttal: 6:20am On Jan 17, 2017
ayxmania:

I never flogged him, not for once. I don't like the licking part ni. The dog loves to lick my body with his tongue and I'm not comfy with it. I can still do with the sniffing and rough play.
He broke out of his house yesterday and I had to put him on leash and lock him up again, kirikiri style lol.
as for the licking part, yo are not a true animal lover, you will get used to it. i was once like you grin

1 Like

Re: My GSD Is Aggressive Towards Me (Smart has died!!!) by Nobody: 8:24am On Jan 17, 2017
Immorttal:
as for the licking part, yo are not a true animal lover, you will get used to it. i was once like you grin
I stated in one of my earlier posts that I'm a newbie, but I think I'm an animal lover. I don't like them being stressed. I see them as PEOPLE too. But I just don't like the licking part. Baba my body no just gell for am.
Re: My GSD Is Aggressive Towards Me (Smart has died!!!) by Immorttal: 5:57pm On Jan 17, 2017
ayxmania:

I stated in one of my earlier posts that I'm a newbie, but I think I'm an animal lover. I don't like them being stressed. I see them as PEOPLE too. But I just don't like the licking part. Baba my body no just gell for am.
grin
Re: My GSD Is Aggressive Towards Me (Smart has died!!!) by younghartz(m): 9:41pm On Jan 17, 2017
ayxmania:

If it's a fenced compound allows it to roam na
Re: My GSD Is Aggressive Towards Me (Smart has died!!!) by Brownhypo: 9:59pm On Jan 17, 2017
Let me park here.. . grin grin
Re: My GSD Is Aggressive Towards Me (Smart has died!!!) by Nobody: 3:37am On Jan 18, 2017
younghartz:

If it's a fenced compound allows it to roam na
I do unleash him at nights, but during the day, I dare not, as my sister and my mom no get the liver. Also I've noticed he doesn't like seeing brooms at all. Every time I try to sweep and he sees the broom, he barks violently and tries to destroy the broom. Also, at nights, he destroys all the brooms in the house, now we keep brooms on his house.
Re: My GSD Is Aggressive Towards Me (Smart has died!!!) by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 20, 2017
I'm ashamed to type this. I feel bad, uncaring and unworthy to own a dog. I traveled two days ago and dad traveled too. So I called a friend to help me take Smart to his place and watch over him just for One week. I took his bathe before traveling and we even jogged round the estate. This afternoon, my friend called me and said my beloved GSD has died!! I thought he was joking. I suspended what I was doing in Ibadan and rushed to Abeokuta. There, I saw my once troublesome dog still. I couldn't cry. My friend said he didn't know what killed him. I called in a Vet and he said smart died of shortage of blood. On a careful look at where he kept my dog, I found teaks. Teaks (eegbon) killed my dog!! The dog that despite his wahala, I made sure was clean. He never pooed in his house. Indeed, no one can care for your property like you.
Also, I've learned to take more care of animals in future. I loved him, maybe I didn't show him enough (which I doubt). Rest well King Smart! A good friend for 6 months. I'm sorry I caused your death!

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pedigree Puppies And Dogs For Sale / How To Chase Or Kill Cats In My Compound / Caucasian Shepherd Dogs For Sale In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.