Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,807 members, 7,802,584 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:46 PM

Limit To Intimacy In A Christian Relationship - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Limit To Intimacy In A Christian Relationship (19285 Views)

What Intimacy In Marriage Really Mean And How To Build It - Faith Oyedepo / Mems On Christian Relationship / Sexual Compatibility : How Can It Be Discussed In A Christian Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Limit To Intimacy In A Christian Relationship by Chukazu: 2:57pm On Dec 29, 2016
OlajumokeBread:

Religion is the biggest scam in the history of mankind

In that your bible, tell me when Solomon did the wedding on his 500 wives or should we talk about his concubines ??

Your pastor is fuccking a fine babe right now and enjoying his life while you wey be his mumu follower dey starve yourself of sex

but Solomon's case was old testament. you won't find anything of such in the new testament

I mean, there were things that our forefathers did that we dare not repeat now
Re: Limit To Intimacy In A Christian Relationship by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 29, 2016
There should be no intimacy
Re: Limit To Intimacy In A Christian Relationship by Nobody: 3:17pm On Dec 29, 2016
There is nothing like Christian relationship, the rules in a good relationship are the same .

In any relationship you must spent time to become acquainted with your intended, that mean all forms of contact including body contact grin

You can't know a person through the eyes of your pastor or church member.

Christian dating is based on unrealistic and unpractical rules and expectation.

You are told to pray and fast, avoid all forms of contact with the person you want to marry.

You are brainwashed to expect that there will be no quarrels and challenges in the marriage, when such problems occur you are discouraged from reporting or talking about it all in a bid to keep a good image.

Issues of sex , are not discussed. Hmm

So many Christians are living in hellish marriages , constrained to talk or resolve them because such actions could embarrass their church, GOs, departments and family.

One thing they need to know is that there is no perfect marriage, you have to work on your marriage in sincerity and honesty.

2 Likes

Re: Limit To Intimacy In A Christian Relationship by kristian98(m): 3:23pm On Dec 29, 2016
OlajumokeBread:

In that your bible, tell me when Solomon did the wedding on his 500 wives or should we talk about his concubines ??

Your pastor is fuccking a fine babe right now and enjoying his life while you wey be his mumu follower dey starve yourself of sex
you type this regular sentence in every form of religious discussion especially those pertaining to christianity. What is your own sef? If you have decided to be an atheist then pls be quite about it and stop making it public abi na by force? This exact same lines of yours, you have posted over a thousand times. Get a life!!!
Re: Limit To Intimacy In A Christian Relationship by horlumiday(m): 3:45pm On Dec 29, 2016
OlajumokeBread:

You hate religion(Christianity) because it goes against your sinful nature...wake up sis..

1 Like

Re: Limit To Intimacy In A Christian Relationship by WorldRichest: 3:54pm On Dec 29, 2016
BluntMadmoiselle:

I'd say, a relationship between a true Christian brother and sister. A relationship placed on God's foundation

But, Flavour, Sandra Okagbue and Anna Banner are all christians and they have two kids. Are you saying their relation is placed on lucifer's foundation?
Re: Limit To Intimacy In A Christian Relationship by Telemon(m): 4:09pm On Dec 29, 2016
OlajumokeBread:

Who created him ??

He fell from the sky ?? When we were told that the earth was in no shape and form, he came from the air ??

I just want to kill myself, your brain is dead
OlajumokeBread:

Who created him ??

He fell from the sky ?? When we were told that the earth was in no shape and form, he came from the air ??

OlajumokeBread:

Who created him ??

wont be a bad ideal if u kill urself
Re: Limit To Intimacy In A Christian Relationship by adajoe555: 4:12pm On Dec 29, 2016
intimacy doest really involve sex ..you can be intimate with her but not too intimate that it will lead you to do the do ..show affection,both of you should not be alone .......that is my view coolintimacy doest really involve sex ..you can be intimate with her but not too intimate that it will lead you to do the do ..show affection,both of you should not be alone .......that is my view
Re: Limit To Intimacy In A Christian Relationship by Hedal(f): 4:31pm On Dec 29, 2016
Sunnycliff:
No hug, no kiss, no holding of hands and butts, no nail paring and hair stroking.

Say words that are edifying and not amorous.

this got me tho
Re: Limit To Intimacy In A Christian Relationship by fof1: 5:40pm On Dec 29, 2016
OlajumokeBread:

PLS U ARE SICK IN D HEAD AND I KNOW U HAD BEEN SICK FROM TIME UNENDING WITH LUSTFUL PLEASURES.

1 Like

Re: Limit To Intimacy In A Christian Relationship by joespiceman(m): 6:17pm On Dec 29, 2016
OlajumokeBread:

when has sex became an enjoyment

1 Like

Re: Limit To Intimacy In A Christian Relationship by ryanemeka: 6:36pm On Dec 29, 2016
As for me hugging, cuddling,going out on a date is OK but no sex till marriage
Re: Limit To Intimacy In A Christian Relationship by fredie107(m): 6:40pm On Dec 29, 2016
BluntMadmoiselle:
I've asked a lot of Christians this question but never got any satisfactory answer. A lot of people said "hugging". For me, hugging could lead to neck kiss which might eventually conceive cheek kiss till it gets to it's domain(lips). Thereby leading me to the next level bla bla bla bla

My question------What should be the level of intimacy in a Christian relationship

You might not get the answer you want here, but all I can say is that all you listed above can lead to fornication which God prohibits. Avoid hugging in a secret place or else, you no say the brother between the legs no go school and the sister between the SHE legs likes the brother. Pls don't fall a victim, the regret is unforgettable
Re: Limit To Intimacy In A Christian Relationship by Analee(f): 7:04pm On Dec 29, 2016
SmartyPants:
Truthfully, there should be no intimacy at all. Why? Because the way we are built, everything is intentionally designed to lead up to something else. When you hold hands you may feel it is harmless but that triggers the release of oxytocin (love hormone) which makes you want more, then you might hug tightly and if certain regions connect, you feel a warmth (sexual desires kick in at this phase combined with the presence of oxytocin....you are fighting a battle against nature.

It's best to take a functional view of relationships, without letting emotions enter too soon.
gbam!u js nailed it
Re: Limit To Intimacy In A Christian Relationship by piagetskinner(m): 7:05pm On Dec 29, 2016
If our conscience hasn't be seared with hot iron...then I think as Christians we know the right thing to do...

Seeing that what we do behind the scenes Glorifies God..

God help us
Re: Limit To Intimacy In A Christian Relationship by Analee(f): 7:10pm On Dec 29, 2016
[quote author=jmoore post=52356701][/quote]u js made common sense
Re: Limit To Intimacy In A Christian Relationship by SmartyPants(m): 7:11pm On Dec 29, 2016
Analee:
gbam!u js nailed it

lol smiley
Re: Limit To Intimacy In A Christian Relationship by femi4: 7:32pm On Dec 29, 2016
BluntMadmoiselle:
I've asked a lot of Christians this question but never got any satisfactory answer. A lot of people said "hugging". For me, hugging could lead to neck kiss which might eventually conceive cheek kiss till it gets to it's domain(lips). Thereby leading me to the next level bla bla bla bla

My question------What should be the level of intimacy in a Christian relationship
side hug can't lead to neck kiss. I don't give ladies full hugs. Even the side hug is not everytime. It all only come if we ve not seen each other for many days
Re: Limit To Intimacy In A Christian Relationship by Nobody: 8:13pm On Dec 29, 2016
kaeforum:
There is nothing like Christian relationship, the rules in a good relationship are the same .

In any relationship you must spent time to become acquainted with your intended, that mean all forms of contact including body contact grin

You can't know a person through the eyes of your pastor or church member.

Christian dating is based on unrealistic and unpractical rules and expectation.

You are told to pray and fast, avoid all forms of contact with the person you want to marry.

You are brainwashed to expect that there will be no quarrels and challenges in the marriage, when such problems occur you are discouraged from reporting or talking about it all in a bid to keep a good image.

Issues of sex , are not discussed. Hmm

So many Christians are living in hellish marriages , constrained to talk or resolve them because such actions could embarrass their church, GOs, departments and family.

One thing they need to know is that there is no perfect marriage, you have to work on your marriage in sincerity and honesty.

Excellent. Though i know by the conformity of their minds, Christians on average should be more decent in the way they approach relationship issues.
Re: Limit To Intimacy In A Christian Relationship by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 29, 2016
lilyqueen:
There should be no intimacy
I understand where you are coming from. Your point is understood for it is an excellent one as well but the brevity of your statement leaves so much room for you to be misunderstood.
My sincere opinion is that it depends on the parties involved in the relationship. For couples or intending couples there is need for there to be mutual intimacy. By this i mean feeling of closeness, love and affection which has to be restricted in intending couples to avoid going astray. In fact true Christians shouldn't have problems knowing the limits of their closeness before they are properly married.
This is very crucial and very important both in the eyes of God and men and it cuts across all tribes and clans, cultures and climes, creeds and religion

However, Intending couples are not expected to defile themselves before they are married.
Re: Limit To Intimacy In A Christian Relationship by Nobody: 8:56pm On Dec 29, 2016
Ibitade1993:
I believe in abstinence till marriage but I can't get married to a man who is not romantic o... Being romantic does not necessarily mean being involved in sexual activities.
On point.
Re: Limit To Intimacy In A Christian Relationship by olagunjumariah: 8:59pm On Dec 29, 2016
Afam4eva:
In Christianity it's called "Courting" and not a relationship. And courting happens when you guys have already agreed to marry each other with the blessing of the pastor and that's after you guys must have prayed and seen each other in the dream which is a clear sign that you're each other's will of God.

As far as limits goes, I think the way Deeper Life sees relationships should be the standard of every true Christian relationship.

1. You guys should never be seen together except in a public place where you can be monitored by people.

2. Don't touch each other. if a brother or sister tries to touch you, shout blood of Jesus and run

3. Don't look at each other lustfully. if your eyes will cause you to sin, pls by all means pluck it out.

4. After every encounter which each other, you guys should pray and purify yourself.

5. Never say "I love you" to each other. it's better to remove that tongue than to sin.

it's funny that most people who claim to be Christians don't abide by these things. The present day Christian can fvck for Africa. If brother and sisters in the lord fvck for you here, you go bow.

Recipe for misery!

1 Like

Re: Limit To Intimacy In A Christian Relationship by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 29, 2016
Firstly, a lot of the views on this thread come from a bigoted view of what Intimacy really means. Secondly people view the word "relationship' in rather parochial ways.
Relationship, even in this context, doesn't only stand for the unmarried.
Re: Limit To Intimacy In A Christian Relationship by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 29, 2016
Naughtytboy:
My girlfriend speaks in tongues after a hot romantic session,,
That is why you are a naughty boy.
Re: Limit To Intimacy In A Christian Relationship by Nobody: 9:12pm On Dec 29, 2016
Ibitade1993:

You can go to outings together, I mean for lunch, fellowship, and so on and you can take each other out during your birthdays.
God bless you. You are wise, I say you are wise and may wisdom never depart from you. you just made my day
Re: Limit To Intimacy In A Christian Relationship by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 29, 2016
Beatzmaker:

I didn't know Jesus and Satan created different types of relationship. You are either doing bad or good stuffs in your relationship. All these names to differentiate bad from good go just dey make me shake head. Christians can be so confusing even to themselves
Most are still growing being fed on spiritual milk. With time will come maturity when they shall eat meat&fish. Then will they understand.
Re: Limit To Intimacy In A Christian Relationship by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 29, 2016
Ibitade1993:

I am a born-again Christian but I am a very romantic person. Being romantic does not entail that I sleep around. I have seen many Christians who are born-again but their marriages have scattered due to lack of romance.
On point. That is why i can't stop talking about you.
Re: Limit To Intimacy In A Christian Relationship by Nobody: 9:26pm On Dec 29, 2016
Ibitade1993:

That is my own point of view. You can as well hold unto your own opinion but as for me, I don't pray to end up with a boring man because I want a man who will make me smile always.
Yet on point again. thumbs up!.
Re: Limit To Intimacy In A Christian Relationship by Nobody: 9:44pm On Dec 29, 2016
Ayexy:
A christian relationship. Here are my thoughts. Having read through all the above posts, i have come to see that most answers do not actually understand the question. The question is not "Is Christian Relationship good" but it is "What is it about". A Christian Relationship with the right foundation is all about been engaged to someone who you want top spend the rest of your life with. Not someone you just want to be close with for a while. When you are engaged, you can see each other in public places. The reason is because we shouldn't give room to the devil at all. You might think you won't do anything immoral but when that sister is a constant visitor to your home, those thoughts kick in and lets not forget that the heart is DESPERATELY wicked. Also, it is always advisable not to have a long courtship in a christian relationship. To me i think it should be about 6 months top. Anything more will start to lead to the parties involved been tired of the rules. Also that period, courtship involves understanding each other. Important notice, you can say all you want, but in a Christian Relationship, there is Nothing like Boyfriend/Girlfriend. It is for people who are ready for Marriage. Lastly and importantly, it should be holy. If you notice that the devil is coming in with immoralities, you can pick race (1 Thess 5:22).
You are wise and may you be blessed with more wisdom IJN.

1 Like

Re: Limit To Intimacy In A Christian Relationship by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 29, 2016
dejidrizzle01:
I feel its all about maturity. There's no part of the scripture that categorically tells us not to kiss or touch or what not but we all know the end game is to avoid pre-marital sex which is a sin. If you can kiss and hug and won't fall into temptation of sex, go ahead. Just make sure you watch out for some things..
1. If your conscience isn't at peace after kissing and all, desist from it.
2. If you go crazy after kissing and you want more i.e sex... Intimacy is not meant for you.. Abstain.
3. If you have tendencies to start lusting after the sister because of your intimate time..don't do it
4. Lastly, let God's spirit guide you in every act
You've made some fine points bro. Nice one. I know what makes sense when i see one.
Re: Limit To Intimacy In A Christian Relationship by supereagle(m): 9:56pm On Dec 29, 2016
BluntMadmoiselle:

"Bible says abstain from appearance of evil" that is enough to guide you.
Re: Limit To Intimacy In A Christian Relationship by Montaque(m): 10:42pm On Dec 29, 2016
I can see from all the comments that there is confusion. Because we want to create a rule where none exist and obliterate rules where they hitherto exist.
The rule of nature is still portent, nevertheless one must sustain a relationship and marry. The whole thread here is just about finding the way around this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Ephraim Ononye: "I Healed A Mad Man On My Way To Onitsha" (Photos) / Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? / Premarital Sex: What Is Your View As A Christian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.