Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,541 members, 7,808,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

2007 Honda CR-V Drags And Jerks During Start Up - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2007 Honda CR-V Drags And Jerks During Start Up (2048 Views)

My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating / 7 Reasons Why Car Jerks When Accelerating / My Car Drags And Makes A High Sound Before Gear Selection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2007 Honda CR-V Drags And Jerks During Start Up by Phunshe: 11:30am On Dec 29, 2016
Hello House

My 2007 Honda CR-V drags during start-up in the morning and after parking it for long. It also jerks once when changing gears from 1 to 2 during start up. After, driving it for about 15 minutes, it drives smoothly thereafter, until after parking it for long hours. Everyone in the car can feel the jerk as the impact is usually heavy. However, if i remove my leg from the pedal to allow the gear change, it changes normally without the jerk. This has been the situation for about three months and i have done an ATF change with recommended Honda ATF DW-1.

Recently, it started jerking slightly during high speed acceleration usually gear 3 and 4 even after driving for long hours. This jerk is usually felt by only the driver as the gas pedal vibrates slightly.

Scanned the car three months ago before the initial oil change and it brought up P0420 only. I have since removed the catalyst converters and used an 02 sensor spacers to eliminate the check engine light. House, please assist with the possible issues to watch out for.
Re: 2007 Honda CR-V Drags And Jerks During Start Up by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:37am On Dec 29, 2016
Phunshe:

Scanned the car three months ago before the initial oil change and it brought up P0420 only. I have since removed the catalyst converters and used an 02 sensor spacers to eliminate the check engine light. House, please assist with the possible issues to watch out for.

You are using test result of 3months ago to diagnose problem of today? It's easy, just re-scan, you will get a shift solenoid code or a pressure switch code. Post the code and meaning here and you will be told what to do
Re: 2007 Honda CR-V Drags And Jerks During Start Up by Phunshe: 9:10pm On Dec 29, 2016
@Gazzuzz Thanks for your comments. I will get the car scanned and post the codes shortly
Re: 2007 Honda CR-V Drags And Jerks During Start Up by sultaan(m): 5:55pm On Dec 30, 2016
Phunshe:
@Gazzuzz Thanks for your comments. I will get the car scanned and post the codes shortly

With a scanner that will scan the transmission.

You only came for free advice after paying someone to destroy the car first
Re: 2007 Honda CR-V Drags And Jerks During Start Up by Phunshe: 1:07pm On Jan 01, 2017
WHO IS THIS ONE!!!

sultaan:

With a scanner that will scan the transmission.

You only came for free advice after paying someone to destroy the car first
Re: 2007 Honda CR-V Drags And Jerks During Start Up by sultaan(m): 6:20pm On Jan 01, 2017
Phunshe:
WHO IS THIS ONE!!!

The one that is not asking for help grin

2 Likes

Re: 2007 Honda CR-V Drags And Jerks During Start Up by charlesuzoije: 2:26am On Oct 30, 2022
Did you later get solution for this? I am having same issue. Contact me to share how it was resolved: 08035768731 on Whatsapp
Re: 2007 Honda CR-V Drags And Jerks During Start Up by doggedfighter(f): 9:20am On Oct 31, 2022
charlesuzoije:
Did you later get solution for this? I am having same issue. Contact me to share how it was resolved: 08035768731 on Whatsapp

He should contact you and then share how it was resolved ?

(1) (Reply)

The Chinese Copycat Cars Of The 2017 Shanghai Motor Show / Kia Sportage Fuel Consumption. / Audi A4 For Shikini Money For Sale Serious Buyer for shikini money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.