Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,292 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication (97176 Views)

Poll: Is pre-marital sex fornication?

Yes: 81% (353 votes)
No: 18% (82 votes)
This poll has ended

Mohammed's Perfect Advise: Pre-marital Sex And Pregnancy / 5 Ways Pre-marital Sex Will Destroy You / Is Fornication Really A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by trinigirl1(f): 1:04pm On Jan 12, 2007
Danchiks:

[b][b]Hey Lady Trini, where did u get your explanation from, it is totally eroneous and from the pit of hell.
hope it is not to justify and then conceal your carnal interset in this deadly act.
Premarital sex = Fornication (immorality). God hates it.
if fornication is an immoral act between two unmarried people, then Premarital sex is same as fornication, since it (premarital sex) is also between two people outside wedlock or yet to be husband and wife.
[/b][/b]

I assume you are a born again virgin christian man who has not had sex since knowing the Lord?

(Please, don't bother to lie, it is a sin)
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Danchiks(m): 1:11pm On Jan 12, 2007
Trini,
Truly speaking, whether u believe it or not, it doesn't change the fact that by the grace of God I have not fallen into that sin since I was born and will never.
I am preserving my temple for my dear wife to be.
I am using this opportunity to invite u 2 the Saviour. He only can make u clean from the sin of premarital sex and make u feel as if u have never for life committed it.
Selah,
[color=#000099]
[/color][color=#990000][/color]

1 Like

Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by jaguda(m): 1:19pm On Jan 12, 2007
Make una wait make i grow up first, my mummy will beat me if i contribute. Sleeping with sumone outside wedlock is =(4NIKACION)!

sHIkENA!
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by trinigirl1(f): 1:20pm On Jan 12, 2007
Danchiks:

Trini,
Truly speaking, whether u believe it or not, it doesn't change the fact that by the grace of God I have not fallen into that sin since I was born and will never.
I am preserving my temple for my dear wife to be.
I am using this opportunity to invite you to the Saviour. He only can make u clean from the sin of premarital sex and make u feel as if u have never for life committed it.
Selah,
[color=#000099]
[/color][color=#990000][/color]

Chineke!! Lol!!

You people are just too cluelessly funny.

So because I express an opinion, you, like all other close minded, self righteous, proud, condescending so called christians here, automatically assume that I am not saved and I am on my way to hell!!

How absolutely foolish ,  more and more I am beginning to see why people stay away from christianity,  bunch of hypocrites.

I doubt if you took the time to read through the entire thread, u just read the first post, and like others became filled with self righteous indigation and made assumptions about my personal life.  

Then you come in here to preach to me?? lol!! **sigh** it is too much.   I have said it before and I will say it one more time, my personal life is nobody's business, and I only wish that folks could reach a level of maturity to stop judging and assuming about one's personal life based on their OPINION.  

Although it's justified, it does not augur well to assume, when u don't know for certain.  

But thank you for your concern anyway, if it is sincere.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by dremoney(m): 1:30pm On Jan 12, 2007
@the houz
its a known fact that 'almost' everybody cant stay without sex so try n b funny by playing a good guyz game.
D point actually is just not to encourage fornication and not trin to paint madam Trini black(religion is a way of life n dats d way she understands her's).u take it if u like or still otherwise(its all good).
@trini
u knew ur posting is definitely gonna cause some kindda disagreement in da hous.didnt u?
i wuld ave expected u to kip ur belief to urself n go along in life dat wat(if its suits u:ur luck).
dis kindda posting albeit is gonna make so many pple go hay-wire n so u ave ther blood on ur head.
conclusion,
pple communicate to God in differ ways n God answers.whichever way u choose,pllzzzzzzzzzzzz dnt make d other party feel he/she is nt thinking right, chao everybody
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by trinigirl1(f): 1:32pm On Jan 12, 2007
dremoney:

@the houz
its a known fact that 'almost' everybody can't stay without sex so try n b funny by playing a good guys game.
D point actually is just not to encourage fornication and not trin to paint madam Trini black(religion is a way of life n that is d way she understands her's).u take it if u like or still otherwise(its all good).
@trini
u knew your posting is definitely going to cause some kindda disagreement in da hous.didnt u?
i wuld ave expected u to kip your belief to yourself n go along in life that what(if its suits u:your luck).
this kindda posting albeit is going to make so many people go hay-wire n so u ave ther blood on your head.
conclusion,
people communicate to God in differ ways n God answers.whichever way u choose,pllzzzzzzzzzzzz dnt make d other party feel he/she is nt thinking right, chao everybody

Yeah I knew what I was in for,  I can handle it.  But it doesn't change the sorry fact that some people judge and assume and think they're better than others just because of religion.

You have it wrong , they're the one trying to change my belief my friend, that is what ur saying right? you bad grammer has put me off sad
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by mrpataki(m): 1:37pm On Jan 12, 2007
trini_girl:

Chineke!! Lol!!

You people are just too cluelessly funny.

Is this English? undecided undecided
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Amjiving: 1:55pm On Jan 12, 2007
socially its no sin but lets face facts I dont know of any religion practiced in Africa tht does not frown against it. me, I am a christain and that one na d log wey dey my eye. But I know that I will overcome it sha. In d meantime I am smooching away grin grin grin
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by badgirls: 2:41pm On Jan 12, 2007
na wa o!!!!!!no wonder ur from trinidad and tobago!!!where there are no churches!!! grin, so wot ur indirectly sayin is keep sleepin wit ur boyfriend,as long as ur goin to marry him!wot if he dies?or he dumps u for someone else??well i guess u wud just find another "long term" relationship and pick up from where u left off, im not tryin to be hypocritcal here,cuz every1 sins NO DOUBT!but u just have to accept the fact that it is very very wrong, cuz in the bible it says sex btw two ppl that r not married is a big no-no, so it is a sin!!!just my opinion though,
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Gamine(f): 2:45pm On Jan 12, 2007
U dont kno that Sex is a Spiritual thing
For those that hav been involved in it, u r spiritually tied to all ur partners!
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by mihai(m): 3:33pm On Jan 12, 2007
hmm, is sex outside of marriage fornication? yeah, I'd say so. I'm not about to change my understanding of a concept because of the root meaning of a ***king word.

Please don't go about trying to define sex now! If you don't know what the hell it means, look in the dictionary. And if that doesn't suit you, then go ahead and do whatever the hell you want, when He comes again, I'd rather have been overly cautious than have been promiscuous.

And people, PLEASE, THERE IS A SPELL CHECK BUTTON RIGHT NEXT TO THE PREVIEW, JUST CLICK IT!!! NO HARD THINKING INVOLVED!!! It even works sometimes.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by goodguy(m): 3:48pm On Jan 12, 2007
dapper: mEHN!!!!i can see beein soo close to the united states has jazzed your brain!!!!im half nigerian,and i think there is really no point to your arguing!!!!!then again your proli not a christain!!because if u were i have to ask wot church u go to, because your preacher should be shot dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

trini_girl: I am reviewing the only sensible submission to this thread in opposition to my position regarding the Hebrew and Greek root meaning of the word fornication.

So are you now convinced that premarital sex = fornication?
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by trinigirl1(f): 4:24pm On Jan 12, 2007
goodguy:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

So are you now convinced that premarital sex = fornication?

No, I am not.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by goodguy(m): 4:32pm On Jan 12, 2007
May God help you! cheesy
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by taibabie(f): 4:37pm On Jan 12, 2007
We humans just like to select and adopt issues that are only based on our perception of things. Whether anybody likes to hear it or not, Premarital sex is a sin. However, fornication would include premarital sex as well as sexual thou ghts. But i wonder how possible it is not to think of sex(even though u haven't practised it) when even the pastors get tempted.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by mekoyo(m): 4:55pm On Jan 12, 2007
It is my belief that pre-marital sex is different from fornication.

i c. Now listen and open your eyes wide. Premarital sex is a sin. It is fornication. Paul said flee fornicatio, he had a reason for giving the corinthians that warning. But why do we like to turn things around when we indulge ourselves into such mess.

Hey tri fornication is a sin, a great sin before God. If you have a fiancee and you love each other dearly then get married and you will have all the time i the world to have sex and no one to tell you to stop. That is one of the reasons why God institutes marriage so that we can all have our own partner.

So girl Fornication is a sin. Stop it NOW!
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by peeceelove(m): 5:05pm On Jan 12, 2007
trini girl, i don't know your point, are you trying to justify your present relationship by saying that fornication is not a sin? In as much as you guys might be afraid to keep any pregnacy then i believe that your actions might lead to some thing that might bring unhappiness. so for that reson aviod it till when you are prepared.
please the Bible is clear on this topic, Paul said in 1 cor  that when dying with sexual passion get MARRIED. please try and read your Bible and understand it before throwing out a topic from the bible. please no offence
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by ehie007(m): 5:16pm On Jan 12, 2007
sex is good
its good exercise for the body.
pre marital sex is actually not good but it is necessary.
people have their own beliefs. some guys must test their to-be wife b4 they get married.Remember our God is a merciful God. we are humans we fall short of His glory and he gives us chance to repent.
all u people pretending to be holy i pity u guys. am sure all of u have regular sex. which means regular fornication.
out of every 10 marriages only one did not have sex the remaining 9 would have had sex. out of the nine 6 will be having regular sex the remaining 3 will be having sex once in a while.
.like i said in the first line sex is good for the body
cheers. cheesy
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:20pm On Jan 12, 2007
Is it really that hard for most of you people to make an arguement without prying about her "present relationship"?
Seriously?
If someone asks a question or make a topic of discussion it immediately means that they are "guilty" of what the topic is about or they are trying to hard behind it? Really?

as for that tart that said T&T doesnt have churches, despite all the churches in Nigeria, that hasnt stopped the people from being so malicious and envious towards the other now has it? Even in the churches you hear people screaming for others not to prosper, is that what you are proud of?
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Tonyblu(m): 5:56pm On Jan 12, 2007
@ All

Nna men! U people sef, una get plenty time for hand.

The babe say she way gbedu any how and whenever she like, make una allow her boh!

Them don give am relevant Bible passages, she no gree!

Na by force?

Abeg, make una allow her to continue her experimentations, jare.

I feel that she's kind of not happy that babes aint responding to yarns too, so babes make una express una view.

Bottomline:
We all know what's right or wrong!
Whether we've all had sex before marriage is not the issue; whether we have sex with who we are engaged to or not is not the issue.
We all have our individual beliefs. We all know our moral values.
If Trini_girl wants to continue having sex with every dude she's engaged to, Fine!
The Humanist dude also agreed with her (he even offered pot-smoke! cloud plenty! shocked)
Sex or love-making aint wrong, its a good way to express ourselves; but every good thing shld have it's limits.
Next thing, someone will ask if abortion from sex is wrong. If smoking is wrong. If drunkenness is wrong. If over-eating is wrong.

I strongly go with the bible passages! Gbam!!

Even if Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication, it is NOT proper.

Now, how will Trin_girl feel if she stumbles across 9-12yrs old kids expressing themselves sexually because they decide to get engaged!
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by bukhy(f): 6:11pm On Jan 12, 2007
agbere la gbere n je
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by bukhy(f): 6:15pm On Jan 12, 2007
agbere la gbere n je
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:19pm On Jan 12, 2007
and what is wrong with smoking? cheesy
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 12, 2007
by sage

@babyosisi

You cleverly dodged the point. I said i have followed your posts for a while so i know enough to say that you are in support females taking the lead in worship, something explicitly condemned in the bible. If you chose to ignore the bibles clear instructions, i am just wondering then why you would quote it so stunchly on another issue. I had always had it it mind to ask you, even though i don't post much on religion, just that these two topics came up simultenously.

I don't fault you or trini girl either. Each of us have what they believe in. But if you must take a stand then you must be consistent with it. If you always say the bible says this or that then you have to stick with it in all religious arguments.

Trini girl made a case, with support to prove it and people are jumping on her. Well assuming we go with human reasoning, Trini girl could make a case that she has to get to know her marriage partner if he satisfies what she wants in a mate. His behaviours, beliefs, attitudes etc. If she needs to know all this about him, then she also has a just reason to find out if he meets her needs sexually. What if after they don't click in a sexual way? Why would she get to know somebody as much as possible in all important areas but then not that important area?

Ok then your (babyosisi) reply would remain the same. That it might make sense to some people but that the bible says it is wrong. Ok good. So irrespective of all meaningful reasoning your basis would be that the bible says it is wrong and people should not try to twist the bible to allow room for anything else. Fine too.
But then comes the problem. The same bible crystally states that women taking the lead in the congregation is very wrong but unless you try to twist it and allow room for that then its clear you ignore the bible wilfully. The same thing you want to accuse trini girl of doing.
If consistency is lacking, then anybody can interprete passages of the bible to fit into what he or she thinks it should mean.

N/B  i think both trini girl and Babyosisi has similar views on Ordaining women, but while trini girl is more of an open minded person, which is ok, babyosisi cites the bible as her standard, which is also very good. But then double standards are not a very good thing when talking about religious texts. If you ignore what the bible says in one place, i don't think its a good thing to quote it to try and condemn how somebody else feels about some other issues.

Like i said before i don't fault trini girl or you 4 your beliefs Just that i had to point out that to you. My views have

On a funny note though, to the feminists out there

I heard some of you guys think God and the bible are sexist

1 was God sexist by choosing only men in the priestly line

2 men as Levites

3  men as instructors and Teachers in Isreal.

4 by declearing women unclean for a week because of mensuration

5 women not taking the lead in worship in the general assembly of ancient isreal

6 Jesus choosing only men as his apostles despite having women companions who were with him during his tribulations

7 The early apostles n congregations because only men handled the affairs

8 Paul and Timothy for there writings   

Sage dear,please leave me alone.
You cannot quote or analyse me on a topic that I've never commented on based on your general impression of me from other threads.
I have not made any comments on the female pastors thread and you cannot read my mind.
You cannot say exactly where I stand.
Biko save your comments until you hear from me and please do it on that thread.
Jisie ike my brother and happy new year. smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by chronicles(m): 6:31pm On Jan 12, 2007
Well my own opinion is, Its just the way you look at it. Fornication is having sex before marriage. Pre-marital sex is having sex with someone whom you are not married to. Whats the difference. Well lets not go back into his. The issue here is whats the truth. It does not matter if you have sex with person you about to get married to or not. Fornication is sex before marriage. Its does not matter with whom you are doing it with.

1 Like

Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Felo(m): 6:37pm On Jan 12, 2007
My dear Trin_Girl, Sorry that I just visted the site to see your topic, on fornication and pre-marital sex, but come to talk about it, if you feel that is the way you feel about it to satisfy your self as an individual so be it, cos everybody can just believe a doctrine that is baseless and weigh no sustance. The True remains that fornication or pre-marital sex is a sin as a Child of God because the standard of the Bible can't be broken by somebody, What has been written has been written (God's Standard) canot not be broken.

We are in a free world to believe anything that can't change the standard of God.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Tonyblu(m): 6:39pm On Jan 12, 2007
@ TOH

ThiefOfHearts:

and what is wrong with smoking? cheesy

Leave Smoking for a different healthcare thread.

Cheers.

kiss
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:43pm On Jan 12, 2007
I was obviously being sarcastic.

Like this thread needs anymore problems
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Disisme: 7:11pm On Jan 12, 2007
For heavens sakes, i don't know why we create good ways of potraying bad things! Has the world gone so corrupt? How on earth would someone say Fornication is different from pre - marital sex? Trin_Girl, i think if this was old testament times, you sure wont have had the guts to share ur 'Revelation'.
My point is, pre-marital sex is a sin, so is fornication. Nothing is worse or better than the other. Period!
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Liz(f): 7:38pm On Jan 12, 2007
Hi Trini,  I'm awaiting your comment on my reply to this topic.  Everyone else is free to comment

Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication
« #114 on: Today at 02:31:12 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Corinthians 6:18-20 & 1 Corinthians 7:1-2

"Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. What  know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's. Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman. Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband"

It is implied here that two people of the opposite sex should be joined in marriage to prevent fornication.  This  implies that  sexual intercouse before marriage is a sin. Therefore whether or not  fornication or premarital sex mean the same thing, the fact still remains that the bible preaches that man and woman should be married to avoid pre marital sex = sin.  Even if the bible did not call it "premarital sex" - it is implied.
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Thor(m): 8:13pm On Jan 12, 2007
I think Trini_Girl has made a very correct and valid point. I agree with her fully.

Religion should be kept out of the bedroom at all costs!
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by opeemi1(m): 8:21pm On Jan 12, 2007
@ trini_girl

I can't begin quoting you from the first post you made because everything I am posting is aimed to reply your posts. As a christian, I believe we know whats good and bad, and influences get to change our mind set about things.

@ Topic

Firstly, if you have a relationship with another person(maybe BF/GF), in a way both of you are committed to each other and thereby showing signs of being with the person forever in which the bond for the commitment is not there. That bond is marriage.

Secondly, If you have intentions(as babyosisi quoted earlier) of marriage, it is quite different from being married because anything thing could happen. Your partner might just be waiting for that act(sex), and at the end of the day dump you, making pre-marital sex synonymous to fornication.

Thirdly, I don't know what is on your mind or where you heard or studied that pre-marital sex is not a sin, but as a christian I will advice you to read and understand what the scripture is trying to pass accross because purely, pre-marital sex is a sin.

Lastly, I am not God to judge anybody by there actions, but as for does the other acts you posted above like masturbation, lust and the rest, they are as equal sin as pre-marital sex. There is no doubt that there won't be temptations but I believe its all about self control.

Sin is Sin, the is no great or small sin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply)

From TB Joshua's Church, Don't Be Deceived By Emmanuel TV Go And See, Its Fake! / This Is Apostle Suleman's Nude Photo - Stephanie Otobo Says / 21 Signs You Have Mammi Water {water Spirit}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.