Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,247 members, 7,780,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:33 PM

Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication (96968 Views)

Poll: Is pre-marital sex fornication?

Yes: 81% (353 votes)
No: 18% (82 votes)
This poll has ended

Mohammed's Perfect Advise: Pre-marital Sex And Pregnancy / 5 Ways Pre-marital Sex Will Destroy You / Is Fornication Really A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jan 16, 2007
@TVO1

Good job with that analysis and the same goes for solorex_1.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by trinigirl1(f): 6:23pm On Jan 16, 2007
Hi TV,

I appreciate your opinion on this, and let me just say that if you are a born again christian and this issue causes you to stumble in your faith, and you think you are sinning against God and yourself then by all means stay away from sex outside of marriage.

However, we all have the right to choose our convictions, and I still stand firmly by mine.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by trinigirl1(f): 6:40pm On Jan 16, 2007
I don't believe  it can truly be called a marriage in the eyes of God without the exchange of vows.  Even though sex may complete (consummate)  the marriage, it certainly does not mean because sex is involved the two parties are married.

Civil unions have been given credence because of it's popularity and has gained it's place in common law as a result.

But that's a whole other argument.  What is marriage? When does marriage begin?

Also, in being bold enough to define what an "acceptable" relationship might be outside of marriage, let me state categorically that nowhere did I condone lesbian or homosexual civil unions, since this sexual act falls under the definition of fornication.

In my explanation to TV I had scratched out "between two people" to "between a man and a woman".

No argument at all that homosexuality is fornication and an abomination in God's sight.

Here is a list of topics that we should perhaps start new threads for since questions regarding same keep coming up in this thread:-

1.  Can Homosexuals Be Married?
2.  Does Marriage Begin After The Wedding?
3.  The Source of Homosexuality: Spiritual, Societal or Physical, Can It Be "Cured"?
4.  How Do I Divorce In The Eyes of God, Not Just Legally In The Eyes Of Man.
5.  Is Civil Union Marriage?

Any takers?  I vote TV.  wink
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Eurphoria(f): 6:45pm On Jan 16, 2007
If Donzman is here professing to be a christain and a voice of authority on this matter then i am going to join the next satanist movement. What a hypocrite and self obssessed little being. He talks absoulte rubbish, never seen a more inconsistent being before.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by TV01(m): 6:54pm On Jan 16, 2007
Hi Euphoria,

You may be funny, pretty too, but the remark below does not suggest God-fearing shocked.
Repent or you're dumped angry!

Eurphoria (f)
London

Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication
« #275 on: Today at 01:42:38 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Watever when you two are done , please wipe the sheets thanks night love birds
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by TV01(m): 7:01pm On Jan 16, 2007
trini_girl:

1. Can Homosexuals Be Married?
2. Does Marriage Begin After The Wedding?
3. The Source of Homosexuality: Spiritual, Societal or Physical, Can It Be "Cured"?
4. How Do I Divorce In The Eyes of God, Not Just Legally In The Eyes Of Man.
5. Is Civil Union Marriage?

Any takers? I vote TV. wink

1. No
2. Marriage commences upon consumation => the physical fulfilment of the "one flesh" union
3. All, man is a fallen creature, spiritually & physically degenerate. Yes, holistic Xtian deliverance!
4. Kill him wink (and then repent, leaving you free to re-marry!)
5. No, it's civil union grin.

There, that was easy wasn't it. Why waste thread space?

Later peeps

God bless
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Eurphoria(f): 7:07pm On Jan 16, 2007
errm lol look there you pot are telling me kettle to repent? roflmao
Listen i dont carry myself around this place like a saint, like many do. So dont judge me by any fake standards. Either that or pray for a sense of humor. You were abusing and cussing trinin not long ago and tried to get me involved and i simple made light of things and expressed not to be involved, dont now turn around to lay bible to me, you no saint buddy kiss Apart form that we cool. Just dont be hypocritical to me, cos i will tell u plain and simple how i see it.
wat you got amnesia? pls no need to bring that joke up again thanks
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by trinigirl1(f): 7:17pm On Jan 16, 2007
TV01:

1. No
2. Marriage commences upon consumation => the physical fulfilment of the "one flesh" union
3. All, man is a fallen creature, spiritually & physically degenerate. Yes, holistic Christian deliverance!
4. Kill him wink (and then repent, leaving you free to re-marry!)
5. No, it's civil union grin.

There, that was easy wasn't it. Why waste thread space?

Later peeps

God bless

angry
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by trinigirl1(f): 7:21pm On Jan 16, 2007
Eurphoria:

Listen i don't carry myself around this place like a saint, like many do. So don't judge me by any fake standards. Either that or pray for a sense of humor. You were abusing and cussing trinin not long ago and tried to get me involved and i simple made light of things and expressed not to be involved, don't now turn around to lay bible to me, you no saint buddy kiss Apart form that we cool. Just don't be hypocritical to me, because i will tell u plain and simple how i see it.
what you got amnesia? please no need to bring that joke up again thanks

TV,

some new chick you got there buddy! mouth of fire worse than mine.  Good luck!

(you tell him euphoria girl!  grin)

**see what being sarcastic causes?**
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Eurphoria(f): 7:23pm On Jan 16, 2007
dont be addding wood to the fire you grin
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by TV01(m): 7:53pm On Jan 16, 2007
Eurphoria:

Listen i don't carry myself around this place like a saint, like many do. So don't judge me by any fake standards. Either that or pray for a sense of humor. You were abusing and cussing trinin not long ago and tried to get me involved and i simple made light of things and expressed not to be involved, don't now turn around to lay bible to me, you no saint buddy kiss Apart form that we cool. Just don't be hypocritical to me, because i will tell u plain and simple how i see it.
what you got amnesia? please no need to bring that joke up again thanks

Sister Euphoria, I do have a sense of humour. I just didn't find that remark funny. Neither am I foul mouthed, I don't re-call cussing or abusing trini_girl, just ribbing her grin. And I wasn't judging you, there is One who sits in that seat.

Apologies if you took it other than as it was meant. Please don't take offence.

God bless
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Eurphoria(f): 7:56pm On Jan 16, 2007
lmao its all good. I missed my way anyway. I didnt know i was in the HOLY SPRITUS SANTUS (religion board)zone of NL my apology wrong section lol

No offence meant , non taken bye grin
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by TV01(m): 7:56pm On Jan 16, 2007
trini_girl:

TV,

some new chick you got there buddy! mouth of fire worse than mine.  Good luck!

(you tell him euphoria girl!  grin)

**see what being sarcastic causes?**

You are both dumped forthwith  wink!

Later!

ps pray tell, what do lmao & roflmao mean?
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jan 16, 2007
Eurphoria:

If Donzman is here professing to be a christain and a voice of authority on this matter then i am going to join the next satanist movement. What a hypocrite and self obssessed little being. He talks absoulte rubbish, never seen a more inconsistent being before.

I'm not voice of authority, folks like TV01 know more than I do. I do have an opinion though which I'm ever willing to offer.

Eurphoria, do you have an opinion separate from what you think of Donzman?. . .If you do, kindly state it clearly! grin
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by trinigirl1(f): 12:01am On Jan 17, 2007

Amongst other things, people who take the stance that pre-marital sex is not immoral need to understand that in a very real spiritual sense, you cannot have pre-marital sex, as the very act signifies marriage and the ongoing consumation of that holy estate. It's why Paul said having sex with a harlot joins you with her".

TV01 (m)
London, UK

TV,

If the very act of sex signifies marriage as you expect me to believe, then if I am raped I am automatically married to the rapist. As I said before, sex may consummate a marriage after marriage vows, but it does not mean that sex before marriage is a sin.

Further, am I in a committed consensual relationship with Christ? YES! It is voluntary, and I have drank of the first cup, the second will be after his coming when we shall be united again and he takes his church

(See the symbolism of the Jewish wedding)
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Tonyblu(m): 8:45am On Jan 17, 2007
trini_girl:

There is no evidence that pre-marital sex with one partner between a man and a woman, who are consenting adults, in a committed monogamous relationship, over an extended period of time, is fornication. It is not illicit, it is not illegal, it is not immoral. IT IS NOT FORNICATION and IT IS NOT A SIN

Trini. . .
It's not Immoral? (Hmmm, ?!)
It's not Illicit? (Hmmmm . . . .?!)
It's not Illegal? (Hmmm, mmhhh!)

BUT is it LEGAL. . .??!!

Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by 2princewil: 9:44am On Jan 17, 2007
Tonyblu,
I wonder what effect your rhetoric questions can make to this satanic view of trini girl or woman from an Island. You should rather take a position as a Nigerian. We are not bystanders, we do not sit on the fence we take position. This is no politics, but morality bordering on religion and God's laws.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Tonyblu(m): 10:40am On Jan 17, 2007
2princewil:

Tonyblu,
I wonder what effect your rhetoric questions can make to this satanic view of trini girl or woman from an Island. You should rather take a position as a Nigerian. We are not bystanders, we do not sit on the fence we take position. This is no politics, but morality bordering on religion and God's laws.

2Princewill,

My stand had always been that it ain't proper from any angle u look at it.
However you look at it, it remains WRONG!
Be it Morally, Legally or Otherwise.

I guess d lady's mind is made up.

The Polls and every post coming on this thread are enuff to convince anybody, there's no other way to justify it.

Being indulged in it, is no excuse to justify it.

Period.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Danoe(m): 12:59pm On Jan 17, 2007
Yes we need to flee fornication spiritually, and physically we need to abscorn from unsafe pre-marital sex to avoid contacting Viral disease he who have ears let him hear what the Medical sciences and the Pastors says about fornication.

But there is one very common thing now, that even the Pastors and the medical practitioners are not keeping to these rules.

What can we say about that? smiley
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by 2princewil: 1:31pm On Jan 17, 2007
Your answer to the subject is very correct. But your poser about pastors and medical doctors not conforming to what the preach should not baffle you. Jesus said that many are called but few are chosen. Talking about the Pharasees he said we should listen to them but not immitate their conduct. In Ezekiel's day the priest officiating in God's temple were practising disgusting things in the temple God's house, these priest were condenmed for such illicit behaviors. So likewise today we should not be overly concerned by the actions of the so-called 'men of God' a large number of them are in cults, committ immorality and murders and even steal, the desecrate God's word by their actions no doubt but God's word warned us about such ones because Jesus said by their fruit you shall recognize them.

So, pal, dont even think about them, salvation is a personal thing. Seek God. that is the admonition in the Bible.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by IboMan1(m): 4:43pm On Jan 17, 2007
Trini ,girlfriend , If aint urs it cant be urs
What if the partner decides to take 3yrs to say i do and at the end of the 3yrs says i dont.
Dah, on the grounds that you just weren't hitting the number tongue
Just kidding
Really best thing is just to chill
I know for many who have already tasted it , that aint possible
If you can believe me its the best way to stay sane , emotionally
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by IboMan1(m): 4:46pm On Jan 17, 2007
If the very act of sex signifies marriage as you expect me to believe, then if I am raped I am automatically married to the rapist. As I said before, sex may consummate a marriage after marriage vows, but it does not mean that sex before marriage is a sin.

Further, am I in a committed consensual relationship with Christ? YES! It is voluntary, and I have drank of the first cup, the second will be after his coming when we shall be united again and he takes his church

(See the symbolism of the Jewish wedding)

I know people who believe that once you have sex with someone you are not just sleeping with that person but everyone that person has ever slept with , check that
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by lafile(m): 4:56pm On Jan 17, 2007
@ Grouppoint
You said "I believe that if two people are living together and committed, then they are joined together. If they be Christians, then they should invite God into their union. That is marriage. You don’t need Parents or Court"
Really? Did you read the story in Gen 24? did you read verse 49?

I agree that  the consumation is when "2 flesh become 1" but i dont think that is the only thing required.

According to TV01

when does marriage start?Marriage commences upon consumation => the physical fulfilment of the "one flesh" union
when can i divorce? Kill him  (and then repent, leaving you free to re-marry!)
repent, leaving you free to re-marry!)

wow! when you meet a christian single who has had sex with his/her ex will you tell him/her that they cannot marry because they had already become one flesh with someone else?
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by osegwu(m): 7:35am On Jan 18, 2007
How can it be?

Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by creatorjc(m): 10:04am On Jan 18, 2007
PREMARITAL SEX IS FORNICATION.
fornication is simply 'sex outside the confines of marriage',forget whatever etymology you have!well,remember you are not the judge,God is and GOD'S CASE,NO APPEAL
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by kdships(m): 11:48am On Jan 18, 2007
@trini_girl, I believe you posted this because your conscience has been pricking you so bad that you desperately want the truth before you lead yourself to the pit.

Well, as you can see, you haven't gotten the truth yet because everyone here hasn't given you enough evidence to proof you wrong.

I want to suggest that you go see a respected pastor to give you a real low down on this issue. They know better OK. It's their job. So, take my advice and stop taking all these insults. Watch it! You might be heading to the pit. Unless of course if you don't mind.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by tpzmil(m): 1:38pm On Jan 18, 2007
See what too much education can do to an individual. Analysis paralysis.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by kdships(m): 1:45pm On Jan 18, 2007
Well said my guy, she's not so ignorant but yet very ignorant.lol, what a twist.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by TV01(m): 2:21pm On Jan 18, 2007
@All,

The bible says "restore such a one in love".

I'm sure Sister trini_girl appreciates the cut and thrust of debate, but regardless of our differences, can we desist from ad-hominem remarks. Judge the position all you will, but please lets refrain from summarily condemning anyone.

Stay out of His seat!

God bless
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by trinigirl1(f): 2:31pm On Jan 18, 2007
TV01:

@All,

The bible says "restore such a one in love".

I'm sure Sister trini_girl appreciates the cut and thrust of debate, but regardless of our differences, can we desist from ad-hominem remarks. Judge the position all you will, but please lets refrain from summarily condemning anyone.

Stay out of His seat!

God bless

Thanks TV.  I know you disagree with my position on this, but you have never disrespected me or cast aspersions on my personal life or behaviour.  That shows godly character.  wink

Blessings
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Lalas(m): 12:05am On Jan 19, 2007
Deeper and deeper u dwell in the mysteries of this world. What gives u satisfaction? happiness? peace of mind, soul and spirit?? is it making love with that one person u want to grow old with or is it preserving urself for that dream one?? which ever it is, it comes down to choice,
some things are clear out bad, others have mixed reactions,
having sex before marriage has its consequences, so does not having!!! where does that leave any of us? right back where we started, choice,
humans wrote the dictionary,
humans wrote the Bible,
Are u an alien, or a cow??
have u ever done something that is widely believed to be bad, but felt so good when u were through??
they say there's a thin line between love and sex,
The Bible tells us that God is love shocked
from both definitions of fornication and premarital sex, premarital sex is fornication, however, in line with trini, fornication has become branched into several parts, one of which is sex with a 'truly' loved one(not family), this leads us to the real question to be asked is sex with a 'truly' loved one clear out wrong

in answering, consider; is there really a 'truly' loved one??
considering societal factors, what if there is a break up?? the sex u had then becomes what

, Choice and Beliefs,
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Olufidu(m): 1:04am On Jan 19, 2007
Hitherto, no one has asked the question that would bring trini_girl out of her shell. So, my dear trini_girl, are you a Christian Surprised?!?!?!? shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (30) (Reply)

When Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Is Disturbing You For Sex / Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary / This Is Apostle Suleman's Nude Photo - Stephanie Otobo Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.