Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,236 members, 7,780,457 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:47 PM

Meet Lisa - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Meet Lisa (6525 Views)

Seven Weeks Old Lhasa For Sale At Affordable Prices. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Lisa by wolewolsz(m): 7:25pm On Dec 29, 2016
My new pup
Hello petlanders meet my new pup.
A pedigree female Boerboel from Kruger DDB Snowy & Giant of Africa Hades, she is microchipped too. She is named Lisa And she just clocked 3 months.
Hopefully will update the section as she grows older.

Habits
-she loves nipping
-barks at strangers and family at large
-pees a lot
-playful

Training
-sit,stand,up and down command
-play dead command(not perfected)
-potty training (getting there gradually)

Feeding
B.a.r.f diet for a couple of days(undesirable results){loads of watery poo}
-indomie + fish
-rice and chicken
-arion dry food

Treatment
-all 3 dhlpp shots
-dewormed
-multivitamin tabs and vit E

In as much as I would love to start taking her for walks, I was strongly advised to wait till the harmattan seasons are over and due to the "parvovirus" season. Hopefully will update the thread as time goes by.

Open to everyone's suggestion.

6 Likes

Re: Meet Lisa by wolewolsz(m): 7:27pm On Dec 29, 2016
More

Re: Meet Lisa by Nobody: 8:01pm On Dec 29, 2016
Such a cute and neat dog. But what's that rash thing on her right front leg.

5 Likes

Re: Meet Lisa by wolewolsz(m): 8:08pm On Dec 29, 2016
Thanks sir.
Its obviously from her favorite toy a tennis ball, got into water while playing catch. Cleaned up already
Re: Meet Lisa by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:24pm On Dec 29, 2016
op if my memory serves me well, the first picture tells me that you are about to wooze Lisa

7 Likes

Re: Meet Lisa by wolewolsz(m): 9:20pm On Dec 29, 2016
Lol No.
She nips my hands a lot. Always need to keep'em away.
Re: Meet Lisa by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 30, 2016
wolewolsz:
Lol No.
She nips my hands a lot. Always need to keep'em away.

She looks very healthy. Keep it up.
Re: Meet Lisa by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:58am On Dec 30, 2016
wolewolsz:
Lol No. She nips my hands a lot. Always need to keep'em away.
lol its okay. no probs. enjoy
Re: Meet Lisa by cybriz82(m): 10:03am On Dec 30, 2016
Funnicator:
Such a cute and neat dog. But what's that rash thing on her right front leg.

u mean the rash thing on ur phone screen?

1 Like

Re: Meet Lisa by theyongest: 1:51pm On Dec 30, 2016
wolewolsz:
My new pup
Hello petlanders meet my new pup.
A

In as much as I would love to start taking her for walks, I was strongly advised to wait till the harmattan seasons are over and due to the "parvovirus" season. Hopefully will update the thread as time goes by.

Open to everyone's suggestion.

Hmmm, first time I'm hearing this. Are dogs more prone to Parvo during harmattan or is the harmattan a bad season to walk dogs or is it a thing for BBs alone? I walk my dogs everyday, as long as I don't go to work... Should I be bothered?
Re: Meet Lisa by wolewolsz(m): 2:19pm On Dec 30, 2016
theyongest:

Hmmm, first time I'm hearing this. Are dogs more prone to Parvo during harmattan or is the harmattan a bad season to walk dogs or is it a thing for BBs alone? I walk my dogs everyday, as long as I don't go to work... Should I be bothered?

Well, I was strongly advised against it by certified vets, even going to certified breeders kernel at this time of yhe year, most breeders won't really welcome u much into their kennel. Experienced this twice this month
Re: Meet Lisa by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 30, 2016
Cute Dog .. but pls what do you mean by the "play dead command"
Re: Meet Lisa by theyongest: 3:59pm On Dec 30, 2016
wolewolsz:

Well, I was strongly advised against it by certified vets, even going to certified breeders kernel at this time of yhe year, most breeders won't really welcome u much into their kennel. Experienced this twice this month

Okay, I'll ask my vet tomorrow.
Re: Meet Lisa by wolewolsz(m): 5:30pm On Dec 30, 2016
Decypher:
Cute Dog .. but pls what do you mean by the "play dead command"

It's just a playful command where u dog pretends to be on his back and lies flat. Lemme show u

3 Likes

Re: Meet Lisa by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 30, 2016
wolewolsz:

It's just a playful command where u dog pretends to be on his back and lies flat. Lemme show u
cool .. I taught the dog will pretend to be dead. grin
Re: Meet Lisa by wolewolsz(m): 6:21pm On Dec 31, 2016
#latepost #yoga

2 Likes

Re: Meet Lisa by officialteemi(m): 6:45pm On Dec 31, 2016
ONE WORD..... MASSIVE

1 Like

Re: Meet Lisa by wolewolsz(m): 9:06pm On Dec 31, 2016
officialteemi:
ONE WORD..... MASSIVE

Thanks sir
Re: Meet Lisa by wolewolsz(m): 8:34pm On Jan 03, 2017
So today was one of those boring days my owner abandoned me and I was just left to wonder d house all by my self... did some good damage tho, surely to get my owners attention.
Damaged the extension plug and yes spoilt my favorite toy too... geuss he must be really mad at me lol.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Lisa by wolewolsz(m): 8:39pm On Jan 03, 2017
And guess who was unbothered? kiss

3 Likes

Re: Meet Lisa by wolewolsz(m): 2:25pm On Jan 09, 2017
After the days training

1 Like

Re: Meet Lisa by Ochiske(m): 8:59pm On Jan 19, 2017
Hello sir.
My male boerboel is 2months plus and I intend teaching him some commands. How did you begin yours and how did you go about it?
Re: Meet Lisa by wolewolsz(m): 12:10am On Jan 20, 2017
Ochiske:
Hello sir.
My male boerboel is 2months plus and I intend teaching him some commands. How did you begin yours and how did you go about it?

U will start with the basic commands bro.this are the sit, down, shake, stand, up and stay command.
You will lure him with food before giving him breakfast. There are videos on how to go about training this dogs. And your dog is in the perfect stage to start his training. Should you still have problems getting the videos online holla again.

1 Like

Re: Meet Lisa by wolewolsz(m): 8:03am On Feb 15, 2017
So noticed my dog had some allergic reactions, being really worried, took a trip to a home call vet doctor to check my dog out, and I was told it was a food allergy. She was given some injections and voila she is free from those reddish spots all over her skin. Can't be more happy.
Pic

A visit to the vet

2 Likes

Re: Meet Lisa by wolewolsz(m): 8:21am On Feb 15, 2017
One quick one m, Lisa can eat Agbalumo for Africa.
Another one is Oranges she doesn't play with Oranges
And the 3rd is she loves iced-water to a fault.

4 Likes

Re: Meet Lisa by Ochiske(m): 9:13am On Feb 15, 2017
wolewolsz:

U will start with the basic commands bro.this are the sit, down, shake, stand, up and stay command.
You will lure him with food before giving him breakfast. There are videos on how to go about training this dogs. And your dog is in the perfect stage to start his training. Should you still have problems getting the videos online holla again.

Baba, I'll need your help on those videos
Thanks
Re: Meet Lisa by MaziOmenuko: 3:58pm On Feb 15, 2017
I love that you are training your dog to be an inside dog. That is exactly what I intend to do when I get my own dog.
Re: Meet Lisa by Rapahel1116: 1:32pm On Feb 17, 2017
Pls how can u potty train ur dog.....and is command language necessary?

1 Like

Re: Meet Lisa by wolewolsz(m): 8:28am On Feb 18, 2017
Ochiske:

Baba, I'll need your help on those videos
Thanks

U can go on YouTube and type Zak George dogs training revolution. He has well detailed dog training methods and effective too

4 Likes

Re: Meet Lisa by wolewolsz(m): 8:34am On Feb 18, 2017
Rapahel1116:
Pls how can u potty train ur dog.....and is command language necessary?

Command language is very necessary for dogs for a start, it's like d basis For other trainable commands given to ur pup/dog.

Potty training takes persistence and a lot of energy, u can't achieve potty training in a week or 2.

Dogs signal when dey want to use the loo. The most significant way dey signify this is by sniffing the floor and roaming in a particular spot in a circular motion, should u notice this bout to happen, take them to ur designated area where and let them do it there. While having a poo, make an exciting word to the dog like "yes" "good girl" "good boy" give a treat too. The dog will always be looking forward to going to that particular spot after sometime to do it

5 Likes

Re: Meet Lisa by wolewolsz(m): 8:35am On Feb 18, 2017
MaziOmenuko:
I love that you are training your dog to be an inside dog. That is exactly what I intend to do when I get my own dog.

It's d best way to socialize and tame an "indoor lion"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Lisa by wolewolsz(m): 4:13pm On Mar 21, 2017
Lisa is growing absolutely well, food has been reduced to once a day... she clocks 6 months tomorrow.
And a quick one, she is aggressive for Africa. Trying all possible ways to socialize her we would soon start going on outdoor walks...

She weighs 30kg as at 17th-03-17

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dog Training And Socialization / Tibetan Mastiff Pup For Sale / I Found This Dog Outside My Compound And Took It In. What Dog Is This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.