Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,618 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

Home Office ''discrection'' - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Home Office ''discrection'' (1726 Views)

Nigerians, Highest Number Of African Criminals In Britain - UK Home Office / U.k Border Agency Are To Worst Racist In The World(home Office / Nigerian Illegals Arrested At Home Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Home Office ''discrection'' by Imani(f): 3:52pm On Jan 11, 2007
Hi all,

This post is for those who know a thing or two about legal issues involving immigration in the UK.

The other route to get a permanent stay is to get a work permit and with the current work climate, especially with the expansion of the EU, is not the easiest of options.

Please i would appreciate useful comments and suggestions as i am thinking of seeking legal advice. I have no idea how much it costs and any relevent legal firms that anyone has used in the past would be useful.

Anxiously waiting your replies!!! wink Thanks.
Re: Home Office ''discrection'' by Akolawole(m): 8:25pm On Jan 11, 2007
Factors considered includes;

1)lenght of stay in the country

2) whether you have children born in UK

3) Education etc

I have also seen people cooking up stories like using Ife/Modakeke issue in those days.

Two questions for you:

1) When did you start your MSC?

2) Are you doing it in a UK University or colleges affliated to US University in England?
Re: Home Office ''discrection'' by Akolawole(m): 8:27pm On Jan 11, 2007
@Imani

Are you the one who used to comment on Sports in those days?
Re: Home Office ''discrection'' by Imani(f): 10:18pm On Jan 11, 2007
Akolawole:

@Imani

Are you the one who used to comment on Sports in those days?

@ Akolawole,

Yeah, it is me, same old imani!!! I still have the cds u sent me. I hid them from my boyfriend when last i saw him as i don't want any fight cheesy,  Also, i havent been regular on nairaland as i used to be because a lot has happpened to me, I graduated from my university in the summer cool, went to Lagos for a break after 6 long years in the UK angry, , started a Masters degree in Bath wink and went to Florida at xmas tongue,   What a wonderful world grin

From your explanations about those who qualify for 'Discretion', do i qualify and if i do what are my chances, thanks,

Do u still reside in Ibadan?, I was in the old city in the summer too, don't ask about my experience, i spent the whole night between the redeemed camp and the MFM camp on a particular day in august, coming from Ibadan, arguably one of the worst days of my life. angry
Re: Home Office ''discrection'' by Akolawole(m): 10:50pm On Jan 11, 2007
@Imani

Long time

I knew i have come across this name somewhere.

Why is your man angry about the DVD? Tell am to take time.

I reside everywhere including Seun's nairaland grin

Please take note of this:

1) If you start MSC in England ( NOT UK O) in September 2006, maybe its OK.
Where about is that village called Bath?

2) If i may ask, how old are you?

That discretion is a 50-50 situation jare.

I beg come back to Sport jare.
Re: Home Office ''discrection'' by Imani(f): 7:17pm On Jan 14, 2007
Thanks for the reply

(1) (Reply)

Dv-2011 Lottery Begins! / Warning To Vincent Otiri / Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.