Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

Husband Or Househelp? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband Or Househelp? (7174 Views)

Should I Leave My Husband Or Not? / Who Comes First - Husband Or Child? / "My Husband Is Molesting Our 12-Year-Old Househelp" - Nigerian Woman (Screenshot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Husband Or Househelp? by callola: 8:41pm On Dec 30, 2016
crackhaus:

Clap for yourself. You just proved you lack proper training.

Instead of you to type something like "while I am at work", you are talking about fixing those damn fake hairs.
For who I wonder.
The same husband you left at home to do chores, no?
i have to look good for oga. Beside we share responsibilities and there is nothing wrong if he takes care of the home for a few hours

4 Likes

Re: Husband Or Househelp? by MrPresident1: 8:52pm On Dec 30, 2016
Men should stop looking to share household financial responsibilities with their wives, all the financial responsibility in the home is owned completely by the man, the woman may choose to drop something but she is under no obligation to do so.

Men, take care of your home like real men!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband Or Househelp? by SirVintageCock: 8:56pm On Dec 30, 2016
DarkRebel101:

The word “wimp” is too benign a description.

He's not only arrogant; his submissions reek of utter ignorance. More like one who is arrogant in his ignorance. A pompous Iscarus thinking Daedalus' aerial contrivance would survive the sun despite repeated warnings.

Well undecided I don't know what to write again. The cheesy first part was clear and succinctly put, so also the second, but then I got lost while cry reading the rest though I understand that you are still making awesome sense. What was that , Gaelic , Nordic or some mixture of both
Re: Husband Or Househelp? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 30, 2016
You say you went to touch base with your new neighbours, not on a weekend, but on the afternoon of a weekday—a time most people are usually at work.

This leads me to the conclusion that you're either:

I) an inveterate gossip, or

II) a jobless fellow.

You were also quick in passing judgement on two individuals living their lives as they deem fit—two individuals you only just met and are hardly acquainted with the workings of their relationship.

Would it also ring fair and reasonable should I call you a home-wrecker and a harlot for choosing to remain alone with a married man in his home, even after learning of his wife's absence. Some would argue you intended to seduce him.

Let's cudgel our brains here, people. No man would excuse himself from his workplace to go do laundry and wash the bathroom were it not completely necessary.

Nothing should be taken prima facie, and there's always a subtext in everything.

Perhaps they were to entertain guests in their home and decided the man should keep the home spic and span after realising the woman might not be able to fix her hair and make it home in time to dude things up.

Whichever it is, I believe to each his own, and people should learn to mind their business.

11 Likes

Re: Husband Or Househelp? by bukatyne(f): 9:05pm On Dec 30, 2016
MrPresident1:
Men should stop looking to share household financial responsibilities with their wives, all the financial responsibility in the home is owned completely by the man, the woman may choose to drop something but she is under no obligation to do so.

Men, take care of your home like real men!

Apart from money, what is the duty of a husband?

6 Likes

Re: Husband Or Househelp? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Dec 30, 2016
SirVintageCock:
Well undecided I don't know what to write again. The cheesy first part was clear and succinctly put, so also the second, but then I got lost while cry reading the rest though I understand that you are still making awesome sense. What was that , Gaelic , Nordic or some mixture of both

Forgive me. I tend to get carried away, infusing analogies hither and thither in my posts without pausing to think whether they might be too recondite. grin grin

Iscarus was the son of Daedalus. Daedalus built wings for him so he could escape from prison. Iscarus was warned not to fly too close to the sun, but Iscarus was arrogant and ignorant – like our little friend on this thread –, and defied his father's warning, thereby resulting to his death.

I was only likening our friend here to ignorant Iscarus. smiley
Re: Husband Or Househelp? by MrPresident1: 9:19pm On Dec 30, 2016
bukatyne:

Apart from money, what is the duty of a husband?

Spiritual leadership
Moral compass and guidance in the home
Physical and spiritual protection
Teaching of his household
Custodian of the household doctrine
Disciplinarian
Loverboy Mr Romantic to his wife
etc etc
Re: Husband Or Househelp? by SirVintageCock: 9:21pm On Dec 30, 2016
DarkRebel101:

Forgive me. I tend to get carried away, infusing analogies hither and thither in my posts without pausing to think whether they might be too recondite. grin grin

Iscarus was the son of Daedalus. Daedalus built wings for him so he could escape from prison. Iscarus was warned not to fly too close to the sun, but Iscarus was arrogant and ignorant – like our little friend on this thread –, and defied his father's warning, thereby resulting to his death.

I was only likening our friend here to ignorant Iscarus. smiley
Oh yeah.

What's with him and his constant complaints against women? With his nonstop whimpering, I'd wager maybe they broke his heart or jilted him at the altar, who knows.

You! History lecturer or s'thing.? Cool.

4 Likes

Re: Husband Or Househelp? by bukatyne(f): 9:21pm On Dec 30, 2016
MrPresident1:

Spiritual leadership
Moral compass and guidance in the home
Physical and spiritual protection
Teaching of his household
Custodian of the household doctrine
Disciplinarian
Loverboy Mr Romantic to his wife
etc etc

OK

What is the duty of a wife apart from chores?
Re: Husband Or Househelp? by MrPresident1: 9:22pm On Dec 30, 2016
bukatyne:

OK

What is the duty of a wife apart from chores?

Now you will have to answer that. I am waiting
Re: Husband Or Househelp? by bukatyne(f): 9:24pm On Dec 30, 2016
MrPresident1:

Now you will have to answer that. I am waiting

I Want Your Answer

What is the duty of a wife to you?
Re: Husband Or Househelp? by MrPresident1: 9:32pm On Dec 30, 2016
bukatyne:

I Want Your Answer

What is the duty of a wife to you?

She takes care of my home. Simple.

A good man realizes that there will be chore overlaps, he loves his wife, he knows what he passed through to gain her hand in marriage, he does not want her to get worn out too quickly, so in love he partakes of the household chores, not as his duty, but at his discretion.

It is called love.

4 Likes

Re: Husband Or Househelp? by bukatyne(f): 9:34pm On Dec 30, 2016
MrPresident1:

She takes care of my home. Simple.

A good man realizes that there will be chore overlaps, he loves his wife, he knows what he passed through to gain her hand in marriage, he does not want her to get worn out too quickly, so in love he partakes of the household chores, not as his duty, but at his discretion.

It is called love.

Interesting.

Goodluck.
Re: Husband Or Househelp? by MrPresident1: 9:37pm On Dec 30, 2016
bukatyne:

Interesting.

Goodluck.

Now tell me what you think are the duties of the man and the wife respectively...
Re: Husband Or Househelp? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Dec 30, 2016
SirVintageCock:
Oh yeah.
What's with him and his constant complaints against women? With his nonstop whimpering, I'd wager maybe they broke his heart or jilted him at the altar, who knows

cheesy

Perhaps it has to do with his upbringing - his mother and sisters might have been treated like skivvies, perhaps that's his own little way of feeling macho, perhaps he's trying to impress, not knowing it's a misguided bravado.

Who knows? And frankly, who cares?

You! History lecturer or s'thing.? Cool.

Even my 8 and 10 year old cousins know the story of Daedalus. shocked

Yeah, I study and know a lot of History.

3 Likes

Re: Husband Or Househelp? by mysticgal(f): 9:41pm On Dec 30, 2016
Acidosis:
If I have a brother or an uncle who undergoes the named treatments, I will personally find him a side chick, to cook for him, pamper him and treat him right.

Men call the shot where I come from. No room for perpetually lazy gossips and chewing-gum saloon girls.
Seriously, jeez ancientie sad

2 Likes

Re: Husband Or Househelp? by Acidosis(m): 9:44pm On Dec 30, 2016
mysticgal:
Seriously, jeez ancientie sad
What? smiley smiley
Re: Husband Or Househelp? by mysticgal(f): 9:50pm On Dec 30, 2016
Acidosis:

What? smiley smiley
Side chick support...... Jeez
Re: Husband Or Househelp? by bukatyne(f): 9:52pm On Dec 30, 2016
MrPresident1:

Now tell me what you think are the duties of the man and the wife respectively...

Whatever the couple need it to be.

I am all for individuals defining what they want/expect from their spouses.
Re: Husband Or Househelp? by MrPresident1: 9:57pm On Dec 30, 2016
bukatyne:

Whatever the couple need it to be.

I am all for individuals defining what they want/expect from their spouses.

There are contextual exigences that may determine overlaps in duties and responsibilities in a marriage, such as the health/aptitude/strength/weakness etc of either spouse, but nature has planned out the roles very wall for both parties.

The man rules the home.
The woman runs the home.

Most times, the one who runs the home owns the real power. Or what is the head without the neck?
Re: Husband Or Househelp? by bukatyne(f): 10:01pm On Dec 30, 2016
MrPresident1:

There are contextual exigences that may determine overlaps in duties and responsibilities in a marriage, such as the health/aptitude/strength/weakness etc of either spouse, but nature has planned out the roles very wall for both parties.

The man rules the home.
The woman runs the home.

Most times, the one who runs the home owns the real power. Or what is the head without the neck?

Like I said, whatever the couple need it to be.

That's why couples court na.
Re: Husband Or Househelp? by kaboninc(m): 10:01pm On Dec 30, 2016
Hmmmm.. .
Re: Husband Or Househelp? by Acidosis(m): 10:18pm On Dec 30, 2016
mysticgal:

Side chick support...... Jeez

Forget the frequent hypocrisy on Nairaland. Let's speak reality (I'm a realist).

How would you feel if in the course of your visit to your brother, you see him cutting vegetables and pounding yam on a daily basis, while the wife sits daily with telemundo?

Don't tell me you will smile and mind your business as perpetual hypocrites say ONLINE (to attract likes from like minds hopefully)?
Re: Husband Or Househelp? by bukatyne(f): 10:19pm On Dec 30, 2016
kaboninc:
Hmmmm.. .

Why hmmmmm......?
Re: Husband Or Househelp? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 30, 2016
Chaiomsy:
This topic is something I really want to talk about, because it is something I see every day, in public places, some homes I visited and so on. It is becoming a norm in today’s marriages where you see a man, a grown man, husband of the house, doing dishes in the kitchen, while the wife goes to make her hair or something!

We tend to like to copy everything the ‘white man’ does wrongly, because not everything that applies to them (over there) that applies here.

I have been to a neighbour’s house in the past (they just moved in), so I decided to say hello properly as a Nigerian, before they will say I didn’t welcome them well or don’t like their presence. so I rang the door bell, and the man, the husband of the house answered the door, he smiled and ushered me in.

I made myself comfortable in their sitting room, while he disappeared into one of the rooms, I sat there thinking he went to inform his wife of my presence, but he came back to the sitting room alone, obviously dressed more appropriate, as I met him in work clothes.
When I didn’t see his wife, who looked almost his age, I asked him; what of madam? he said she had gone to the salon to have her hair done.

I also asked after their 2 year old son, he said he was sleeping. I took a deep breath and smiled, he felt a bit uncomfortable with the look on his face. He offered me a drink which I declined because, as madam nor dey, I nor fit shout!

After a bit of conversation about work, Lagos traffic and all that, he excused himself and said he needed to get back to work, (he still had laundry to do and the bathroom to clean!), I almost froze with shock!

How can a woman leave all the house chores to her man to do? Is it normal for a good marriage? Was it an agreement? These were all the questions running through my mind as I called out to him that I was leaving because I had a meeting to attend.

Leaving your husband/man to do the house chores automatically makes you the boss, yes! and if there is anything that wrecks marriages, it is the woman playing the man while the man plays the woman.

You might think the man loves you so much to want to do all the dirty jobs, no, he is only trying so hard to please you because you are obviously calling the shots!

I know some women hate men who do house chores, I am one of them. A survey reveals that most men who do house chores are lazy men, they would rather do house chores than go out there and fend for their families! it is appalling, unacceptable.

I am not saying a woman should work her ass off because she is a wife, but it shouldn’t be a daily occurrence, something we watch in movies. For my neighbors, it was normal because, he goes as far as washing her underpants as well, yuck!

I don’t understand why some men enjoy being called the ‘nice’ guy? when at the end of the day they end up hurting themselves and the ones they’re trying to please.

know your place as a man, and know your place as a woman, it is a 2 way traffic thingy.

like I always say, I am not a relationship expert, but these are little things I see every day that makes me want to talk about them.

I have seen a husband, shopping in the open market while the wife sits in the car with the kids, not that she is pregnant or something. I don’t know their reason for that but I thought it was kind of weird.

At this point, I remember my maternal uncle, who wanted to play ‘oyinbo’ husband by going straight to the kitchen as soon as he jumps out of the car from work, lol

Then I always wondered if he would maintain it, but no, he didn’t because it wasn’t quite long before his friends started ‘yabbing’ him, he then stopped even his wife didn’t find it funny.

You confine your husband to the kitchen because he doesn’t complain, tomorrow he gets a babe who he goes to her house to 'chillax', and gets pampered and served and bleeped well! shame on you!

For more interesting topics read @ http://www.chichiuncensored.com

Na your type dey break home.

2 Likes

Re: Husband Or Househelp? by Ngokafor(f): 10:30pm On Dec 30, 2016
....Jobless op go look for something meaningful to do with your time and life instead of looking for whose marrige to wreck.

....senseless busybody.

2 Likes

Re: Husband Or Househelp? by kaboninc(m): 10:32pm On Dec 30, 2016
bukatyne:

Why hmmmmm......?

I better not say what I want to say oh

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Husband Or Househelp? by bukatyne(f): 10:34pm On Dec 30, 2016
kaboninc:

I better not say what I want to say oh

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Talk na
Re: Husband Or Househelp? by kaboninc(m): 10:36pm On Dec 30, 2016
bukatyne:

Talk na

E heavy to type on lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Husband Or Househelp? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Dec 30, 2016
Acidosis:

Forget the frequent hypocrisy on Nairaland. Let's speak reality (I'm a realist).

How would you feel if in the course of your visit to your brother, you see him cutting vegetables and pounding yam on a daily basis, while the wife sits daily with telemundo?

Don't tell me you will smile and mind your business as perpetual hypocrites say ONLINE (to attract likes from like minds hopefully)?
Depends. Mainly on their contributions to the household.

Fairest way in my opinion:

Chores should be split in correspondence with each person's work hours, so for example, if they work an equal amount of time household chores should be shared equally, but if for example the wife doesn't work it's only fair that she take up more responsibility for chores and vice versa. I mean, don't approach it like it's a tournament and for example intentionally not do something because it's 'his/her' turn today, there may and probably will be days you'll need to do more and help the other person out for whatever reason but that's just a general structure that will help.

1 Like

Re: Husband Or Househelp? by soonest(f): 10:44pm On Dec 30, 2016
I dislike people like this Op, shameless busybody. You visited their home not to welcome them but to be a monitoring spirit to feed your gossip thirsty mind.

4 Likes

Re: Husband Or Househelp? by bukatyne(f): 10:44pm On Dec 30, 2016
kaboninc:

E heavy to type on lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

You too like shakara

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Effect Of Single Parenting On A Child / Having Ur Husband Niece Stay With U, Wat Are The Challenges And Ways Out? / My Beautiful Baby Girl (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.