Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

5 Warning Tyre Signs You Should Not Ignore - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 5 Warning Tyre Signs You Should Not Ignore (17204 Views)

5 Warning Signs Of Low Coolant In Car / 5 Warning Signs That Reveal Your Car Battery Needs Replacement. / 5 Warning Lights You Should Never Ignore In Your Car! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Warning Tyre Signs You Should Not Ignore by AutoJoshNG: 9:37pm On Dec 30, 2016
How are you doing guys , hope you guys are being safe in this festive season?

The health of the tyres of a car is very important , if something goes wrong with the tyres,it might cause a major tragedy.

So what warning signs should you look out for to make sure you are safe and know when to change your tires ? .Some of them are quite popular , some aren’t .Lets find out .

1.Bulges
This is one you should NEVER ignore.It usually looks like a blister or “boil” on the tyre , this is a sure sign that you need to change your tires.

2.Tread Depth
The “lines” or “zig-zags”(the treads) on your tyres has to have enough depth to attain enough friction of the road ,especially for braking . The tread should never be less than 1/16th of an inch in depth,if it is or visibly very low ,you need to change your tires.

3.Cracks
Just like bulges don’t ignore cracks , no matter how small it is, change the tires as soon as possible.

4.Outer-edge Wear
Have you noticed the outer edges of your tires are too smooth , you need a change !!.The edges also has a roll to play in maintaining adequate amount of friction.

5.Wobbling
This can happen as a result of various defects , but your tyre is one of them .Do you often notice your car wobbling especially at low speeds ?, it might be your tyre .Get it checked and possibly replaced.

In Conclusion
Its always good to do regular check-ups on your tire to know when they need to be changed . I have seen people driving with very bald tires . Its not safe people .Stay safe !!!.

Enjoyed this ? , have a point or two to add ?.We would love to hear from you.

Don’t forget to share and comment , you could be saving a life .

Written by: Donald3d

https://autojosh.com/5-warning-tire-signs-not-ignore/

Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 5 Warning Tyre Signs You Should Not Ignore by RONAN(m): 9:38pm On Dec 30, 2016
Very informative.. This Josh and fp are like this

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Warning Tyre Signs You Should Not Ignore by wahles(m): 9:40pm On Dec 30, 2016
So dz z FP# undecided... really informative post op#
Re: 5 Warning Tyre Signs You Should Not Ignore by Nobody: 11:34pm On Dec 30, 2016
This is very good. Most people behind the steering wheel have no idea what happens outside the steering. Most people just get into their cars, & as long as the car starts, they're good to go.

Nice writeup, Josh. You're really doing a good job educating people here.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Warning Tyre Signs You Should Not Ignore by Nobody: 12:10am On Dec 31, 2016
Autojosh posting threads I can relate to.
I will buy 1 crate of CocaCola for Car-Talk peeps, learnt a lot here.

These days when I say something really new on car maintenance, my man gives me that who-taught-you-look, I am like "Nairaland" grin.
Who for teach me before?

Happy New Year in Advance all... kiss kiss

9 Likes

Re: 5 Warning Tyre Signs You Should Not Ignore by Donald3d(m): 1:25am On Dec 31, 2016
Awesomeness
Re: 5 Warning Tyre Signs You Should Not Ignore by Nobody: 6:50am On Dec 31, 2016
grin
Re: 5 Warning Tyre Signs You Should Not Ignore by kikies(m): 6:52am On Dec 31, 2016
MsDelilah:
This is very good. Most people behind the steering wheel, but they have no idea what happens outside the steering. Most people just get into their cars, & as long as the car starts, they're good to go.

Nice writeup, Josh. You're really doing a good job educating people here.

Esp.ladies na to just carry car n drive off,dem no dey check water sef

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Warning Tyre Signs You Should Not Ignore by Legacyltd: 6:55am On Dec 31, 2016
Re: 5 Warning Tyre Signs You Should Not Ignore by Nobody: 7:00am On Dec 31, 2016
Good Information OP

Re: 5 Warning Tyre Signs You Should Not Ignore by seanswitch(m): 7:04am On Dec 31, 2016
Nice on Mr Josh. Your threads are always on point. You and front page are like lipsrsealed
Re: 5 Warning Tyre Signs You Should Not Ignore by LordDecency(m): 7:14am On Dec 31, 2016
Never Go a Long Distance with a Flat Tyre...

When you see that Nairalander that has been turning your Pms down at the Beach Party... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 5 Warning Tyre Signs You Should Not Ignore by KayodeAjani: 7:16am On Dec 31, 2016
I bought new good Double king tyres hv been spending money on it everyday to infkate it again as it deflates itself everyday
Re: 5 Warning Tyre Signs You Should Not Ignore by AgamaHub: 7:20am On Dec 31, 2016
Nice
Re: 5 Warning Tyre Signs You Should Not Ignore by LordDecency(m): 7:24am On Dec 31, 2016
Oga Josh Well done....

You try pass...

Always spoiling market.... cheesy

Re: 5 Warning Tyre Signs You Should Not Ignore by Nobody: 7:50am On Dec 31, 2016
kikies:

Esp.ladies na to just carry car n drive off,dem no dey check water sef

Lol. Not all of us biko.

Every morning, I check the water level in the radiator, the transmission oil, engine oil, and power steering oil. Then I check my tyres before I move. My dad taught me all these from a very tender age.

His wife on the other hand ehn. After checking mine, I'd check hers. Her own is to drive. Even when the vehicle is faulty, she would call my dad (even if he's not in the country) to call the mechanic for her. cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: 5 Warning Tyre Signs You Should Not Ignore by postemail: 7:55am On Dec 31, 2016
Hi autojosh , where can one get replacement tyre pressure sensors for Mitsubishi Outlander ?
Re: 5 Warning Tyre Signs You Should Not Ignore by ceasare: 7:58am On Dec 31, 2016
MsDelilah:

Lol. Not all of us biko.

Every morning, I check the water level in the radiator, the transmission oil, engine oil, and power steering oil. Then I check my tyres before I move. My dad taught me all these from a very tender age.

H[b]is wife on the other hand ehn. After checking mine, I'd check hers. Her own is to drive. Even when the vehicle is faulty, she would call my dad (even if he's not in the country) to call the mechanic for her. cheesy cheesy
[/b]

That's women 4 u......
Re: 5 Warning Tyre Signs You Should Not Ignore by magicfingers009: 8:04am On Dec 31, 2016
Very informative.. Tyres should be thoroughly checked once every month. And replaced once there are expired so Road Safety no go use you chop this new year
Re: 5 Warning Tyre Signs You Should Not Ignore by myg9(m): 8:06am On Dec 31, 2016
Very good sensitization but remember that thousand of Nigerians who has cars cannot afford to buy a tokunbo Tyre now due to recession
Re: 5 Warning Tyre Signs You Should Not Ignore by emmayayodeji(m): 8:12am On Dec 31, 2016
tyres can be really annoying

within 2 days 3 of my tyre went down... 1 of it was really embarassing in the middle of the road angry angry
Re: 5 Warning Tyre Signs You Should Not Ignore by koolguy88(m): 8:45am On Dec 31, 2016
RONAN:
Very informative.. This Josh and fp are like this
this old man shaaaa a
Re: 5 Warning Tyre Signs You Should Not Ignore by professore(m): 8:58am On Dec 31, 2016
All nice.
Re: 5 Warning Tyre Signs You Should Not Ignore by inze(m): 9:16am On Dec 31, 2016
KayodeAjani:
I bought new good Double king tyres hv been spending money on it everyday to infkate it again as it deflates itself everyday

. . . might not be the tire, check valve and tire-contact-with-rim for leakage
Re: 5 Warning Tyre Signs You Should Not Ignore by willi926(m): 9:23am On Dec 31, 2016
Try to maintain a uniform tyre size. Eg 195/65 r15 on all four wheel not 195/60 r15 on 1 and 205/70 on another, thereby making the car looking confused

2 Likes

Re: 5 Warning Tyre Signs You Should Not Ignore by amdoyin82(m): 9:35am On Dec 31, 2016
Informative!
Re: 5 Warning Tyre Signs You Should Not Ignore by kikies(m): 11:19am On Dec 31, 2016
MsDelilah:

Lol. Not all of us biko.

His wife on the other hand ehn. After checking mine, I'd check hers. Her own is to drive. Even when the vehicle is faulty, she would call my dad (even if he's not in the country) to call the mechanic for her. cheesy cheesy

Na so,u just had to specify all d oils u check Abi,just to drive the msg home,u try sha

N with ur mum,I can relate..........my mum is also guilty of this
Re: 5 Warning Tyre Signs You Should Not Ignore by Emblj: 1:03pm On Dec 31, 2016
KayodeAjani:

Defiinitely there is a leakage somewhere:
1. Check the valves to confirm they are not bad . That coukd be responsible.
2. Confirm the tyres are not expired.
3. let ur vulcaniser confirm ur rims aee not wobbled. Bad rims could be responsible.
4. If d leakage cant be traced to any of these ,pls return d tyres to d seller for replacements.
Re: 5 Warning Tyre Signs You Should Not Ignore by ABCthings: 8:14pm On Jun 03, 2020
ABCthings:
[b][/b]

(1) (Reply)

Manual Transmission : Issues & Comments / WARNING!!!! 5 Common Symptoms Of A Bad Fuel Pump. (Photos) / Information On Volkswagen Bora

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.