Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,893 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

Ooni Ogunwusi Described As Re-incarnate Of Oduduwa (photos) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Ogunwusi Described As Re-incarnate Of Oduduwa (photos) (25733 Views)

Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace / Ooni Ogunwusi And Silekunola Moronke Naomi's First Outing (Picture) / Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ooni Ogunwusi Described As Re-incarnate Of Oduduwa (photos) by AjayiWrites2: 10:59pm On Dec 30, 2016
The Alayemore of Ido-Osun, Oba Adedapo Aderemi, has described the Ooni of Ife, Ooni Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ojaja II, as the Oduduwa re-incarnated, praising him for celebrating Obalufon Ogbogbodirin the father of his own ancestor Obalufon Alayemore.

Oba Aderemi who is also the secretary of South-West council Obas said this during the unveiling ceremony of Obalufon Ogbogbodirin Statue and grand-finale celebration of Obalufon Festival, 2016, on Thursday at the Ile-Oodua palace in Ile-Ife.
He stated that Obalufon Ogbogbodirin as a hero gave birth to another hero Obalufon Alayemore who had founded several of today's Yoruba towns including Ido-Osun.

"Yes they are both heroes worthy of this celebration. My progenitor, Ooni Obalufon Alayemore succeeded his father Ooni Obalufon Ogbogbodirin, he founded my kingdom Ido-Osun having been driven out by Oranmiyan who had just returned from his sojourns where had earlier gone to establish many Kingdoms, he forcefully succeed him as Ooni. Apart from Ido-Osun, my father Alayemore also founded other towns like Ifon Osun, Ilara, Erin Efon-Alaaye and other towns in Ekiti before he came back here(Ile-Ife) to succeed Oranmiyan making him the only Ooni who was crowned twice". Oba Alayemore said.

He commended Ooni Ogunwusi for preaching peaceful co-existence among the Yoruba traditional rulers, acknowledging him to have visited Alafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi twice within a year of his reign not minding his status as the father of all Oduduwa children all over the world.

Oba Aderemi stated further that within a year, Ooni Ogunwusi has transformed Ile-Ife beyond any imagination, adding that the Ooni's giant strides in infrastructural development, agricultural revolution, cultural tourism, empowerment for the youths, aged and the widows among others are enough indications of Oduduwa reincarnation and will remain appreciated by the entire Yoruba race.

"This is unprecedented, Am not surprised that Ooni is reforming these dieties' statues because the previous Oonis from Oduduwa were also known for unprecedented giant strides, let me remind you all here that his great grandfather the Ojaja 1st was responsible for the first documentation of the history of kingship system in Yoruba around 1883.

"I must also commend the humility of his leadership. Despite the fact he is the spiritual leader of Yoruba race, he has been travelling to meet other Yoruba monarchs in their various palaces without claiming any supremacy" he ascertained.

The traditional ruler lauded Ooni Ogunwusi for his development and unity of Yorubaland and human race, to the extent of taking his peace and unity campaign to foreign countries such as UK, Ghana, Australia, USA, Germany, Canada and the Caribbeans for impactful partnership.

He assured that Ooni Ogunwusi is Oduduwa and has come to complete the unfinished work of his ancestors as current the father of all Yoruba traditional rulers maintaining that the new Ooni was selected by trinity so as to civilise his community and to bring into remembrance the past glory of Yoruba land.

According to him, no fewer than 401 dieties existed globally, but Ife took 201 in which Ooni is the only existing living diety among them all for which he deserves to be duly honoured and respected

Source:
http://www.ajayiwrites.com/2016/12/ooni-of-ife-described-as-re-incarnate.html

4 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Described As Re-incarnate Of Oduduwa (photos) by AjayiWrites2: 11:00pm On Dec 30, 2016

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Described As Re-incarnate Of Oduduwa (photos) by samincredible44(m): 11:10pm On Dec 30, 2016
who is now d reincarnate of sango and ogun

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Described As Re-incarnate Of Oduduwa (photos) by fhelihx(m): 11:19pm On Dec 30, 2016
Issokay..

*modified* For their mind undecided
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Described As Re-incarnate Of Oduduwa (photos) by oluwalfa: 11:25pm On Dec 30, 2016
primitiveness

6 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Described As Re-incarnate Of Oduduwa (photos) by veekid(m): 12:42pm On Dec 31, 2016

may yoh live long pass your ancestors

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Described As Re-incarnate Of Oduduwa (photos) by olaolulazio(m): 12:43pm On Dec 31, 2016
He even travel pass oduduwa....

Abi oduduwa self go US?

6 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Described As Re-incarnate Of Oduduwa (photos) by Horlawale1(m): 12:43pm On Dec 31, 2016
Royalty

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Described As Re-incarnate Of Oduduwa (photos) by olaolulazio(m): 12:44pm On Dec 31, 2016
veekid:

may yoh live long pass your ancestors
how old was Oduduwa before his death?

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Described As Re-incarnate Of Oduduwa (photos) by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 31, 2016
I just love this ooni. He's totally different from the accustomed royal fathers that has no real sketch on the world of today.
I believe he is going to be a great ruler.

Kabieesi ooo. Ki ade pe lori, ki bata pe lese. Ki irukere di okini.

Anyways...

Drabeey was Here

8 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Described As Re-incarnate Of Oduduwa (photos) by thesicilian: 12:44pm On Dec 31, 2016
ok
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Described As Re-incarnate Of Oduduwa (photos) by Datguy30(m): 12:46pm On Dec 31, 2016
and so?? who oduduwa epp

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Described As Re-incarnate Of Oduduwa (photos) by Lanre4uonly(m): 12:47pm On Dec 31, 2016
That's good.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Described As Re-incarnate Of Oduduwa (photos) by AlexCk: 12:47pm On Dec 31, 2016
Oh,
I guess that's cool

But the truth is.. .......*..@pix below *

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Described As Re-incarnate Of Oduduwa (photos) by Nobody: 12:47pm On Dec 31, 2016
Datguy30:
and so?? who oduduwa epp

You get sense so?

6 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Described As Re-incarnate Of Oduduwa (photos) by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 31, 2016
Na wa o
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Described As Re-incarnate Of Oduduwa (photos) by Praktikals(m): 12:48pm On Dec 31, 2016
I am a proud son of the source.

4 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Described As Re-incarnate Of Oduduwa (photos) by welzyj2(m): 12:48pm On Dec 31, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Described As Re-incarnate Of Oduduwa (photos) by Cubeet: 12:48pm On Dec 31, 2016
Afonjas sha.
He is the Reincarnate of Afonja

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Described As Re-incarnate Of Oduduwa (photos) by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 31, 2016
Cubeet:
Afonjas sha.
He is the Reincarnate of Afonja

Are u done?

Mtcheew

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Described As Re-incarnate Of Oduduwa (photos) by Praktikals(m): 12:54pm On Dec 31, 2016
Proud son of the source

4 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Described As Re-incarnate Of Oduduwa (photos) by akoredebadru(m): 12:56pm On Dec 31, 2016
Respect for my king

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Described As Re-incarnate Of Oduduwa (photos) by abumeinben(m): 12:57pm On Dec 31, 2016
grin

Shouuuu...

Nawao...

No disregard meant o. I never knew oduduwa loved flexing slot...Like travelling to UK and London grin, America and Yankee, with crown on the head and staff in the hand....

Na joke I dey o

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Described As Re-incarnate Of Oduduwa (photos) by YourNemesis: 12:58pm On Dec 31, 2016
Ile-Ife Odaye !

Ife, source of the world's creation.
Proud of our culture!

4 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Described As Re-incarnate Of Oduduwa (photos) by mccoy47(m): 12:59pm On Dec 31, 2016
Ok
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Described As Re-incarnate Of Oduduwa (photos) by coolestchris(m): 1:00pm On Dec 31, 2016
Yes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Described As Re-incarnate Of Oduduwa (photos) by Cubeet: 1:00pm On Dec 31, 2016
Drabeey:

Are u done?

Mtcheew
E pain am

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Described As Re-incarnate Of Oduduwa (photos) by Tjohnnay: 1:02pm On Dec 31, 2016
Afonjas dm thread undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Described As Re-incarnate Of Oduduwa (photos) by MrBONE2(m): 1:03pm On Dec 31, 2016
Proudly African. grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Olori Badirat Olaitan Adeyemi's Twins (Alaafin Of Oyo's Twins) / Igbo Masquerade Preaches The Gospel Of Jesus Christ On The Street (Photo, Video) / What's The Difference Between A Language And A Dialect????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.