Stats: 3,150,097 members, 7,807,284 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

Hell Exists Because God Loves You - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hell Exists Because God Loves You (17029 Views)

Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists / Kola Nut Prayer: Effective Ritual You Never Know That Exists / Atheists!!! God Loves You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Deicide: 6:43pm On Dec 31, 2016
Doctoralien God might exist he might not Exist but all we are saying is that All religious God are man made. the proof is that they have been so many God throughout History, even here in Nigeria we have Our own Gods and Creation myth. my question for you would be Why you choose to believe the one of Israel and not the one Of Nigeria? Well the Jews do really control the world

Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by DoctorAlien(m): 6:44pm On Dec 31, 2016
PastorAIO:

No, he probably isn't. But Humans sure are. And Humans wrote the bible.

They didn't really write on their own. They were inspired by the Spirit of GOD to pen down the Holy Scriptures.
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Deicide: 6:45pm On Dec 31, 2016
DoctorAlien:

They didn't really write on their own. They were inspired by the Spirit of GOD to pen down the Holy Scriptures.
OMG shocked
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by DoctorAlien(m): 6:50pm On Dec 31, 2016
Deicide:
God might exist he might not Exist but all we are saying is that All religious God are man made. the proof is that they have been so many God throughout History, even here in Nigeria we have Our own Gods and Creation myth. my question for you would be Why you choose to believe the one of Israel and not the one Of Nigeria?
In the multitude of fakes, there must be a real. You know that fakes exist only because they impersonate the authentic. If you claim there is no authentic one, then the others cease to be fake.

To your question: I have had a personal encounter with Christ, and the Bible is amazing in that all of its prophecies come to pass.

Well the Jews do really control the world

Nope. The papacy controls the whole world. You can research on that.
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Rilwayne001: 6:55pm On Dec 31, 2016
PastorAIO:

Son of God was a common enough term in Judaism that has been used for various characters. especially Kings.

Exodus 4:22 "Thus saith Jehovah, Israel is my son, even my firstborn

When Jesus admits to being the son of God how did the Jewish leaders interprete it? :

"Then they all said, "Are you then the Son of God?" And he said to them, 'You rightly say that I am.' And they said, 'What further testimony do we need? For we have heard it ourselves from his own mouth.' Then the whole multitude of them arose and led him to Pilate. And they began to accuse him, saying, 'We found this fellow perverting the nation, and forbidding to pay taxes to Caesar, saying that he himself is Christ, a King.' So Pilate asked him, saying, 'Are you the king of the Jews?' And he answered him and said, 'It is as you say.'" (Luke 22:70 -23:3)

Did the Sanhedrin say: This is blasphemy and religious perversion that Jesus called himself Son of God. ?

Or did they see it as a political problem instead: He is refusing to pay taxes and calling himself a King. ?

You see, in judaism, calling yourself the Son of God is a claim to be the Messiah which is a political position. The Kings are Messiahs from Saul down to the last one.

Not only God can forgive sins.

Forgive us our Sins as we forgive those that sin against us. Jesus fully expects that humans are capable of forgiving sins.

14For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, 15but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

The notion that only God can forgive sins was considered a fallacy that Jesus corrected when the leaders accused him of blasphemy. In that very Matt 9 passage that you are quoting Jesus later says:

6But so that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins...”

Note that he upholds the distinction between God and Man and asserts that the Son of Man too, as well as god, has the authority to forgive sins.

wink
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Deicide: 7:04pm On Dec 31, 2016
DoctorAlien:
In the multitude of fakes, there must be a real. You know that fakes exist only because they impersonate the authentic. If you claim there is no authentic one, then the others cease to be fake.
No one is talking about real or fake here and also this point you raised here is not only unique to you no person who believes in God thinks that their God is fake! They all proclaim to Worship the true God so I don't see why this point should convince anyone. in fact its called delusion...

To your question: I have had a personal encounter with Christ, and the Bible is amazing in that all of its prophecies come to pass.
WTF is this people have personal relationship with Muhammad,krishina,Jesus,buddah,lord vinshu you can go on YouTube and see testimonies and besides "Christ" is a title and not a name. There are so many Christ in the bible! And also in history...yet again I ask what makes ur own "personal relationship" unique?

Nope. The papacy controls the whole world. You can research on that.
I don't put to must time into conspiracy theories and that statement I made was just a joke grin

Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by DoctorAlien(m): 7:07pm On Dec 31, 2016
Deicide:

No one is talking about real or fake here and also this point you raised here is not only unique to you no person who believes in God thinks that their God is fake! They all proclaim to Worship the true God so I don't see why this point should convince anyone. in fact its called delusion...
I'm not forcing you to accept my Own as authentic. It's left for every human to diligently seek out the authentic.

WTF is this people have personal relationship with Muhammad,krishina,Jesus,buddah,lord vinshu you can go on YouTube and see testimonies and besides "Christ" is a title and not a name. There are so many Christ in the bible! And also in history...yet again I ask what makes ur own "personal relationship" unique?
Because I encountered the only true GOD.

I don't put to must time into conspiracy theories and that statement I made was just a joke grin

Well, I wasn't joking. The papacy controls this earth. It is a known fact.
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by dorox(m): 7:11pm On Dec 31, 2016
phililp:
dude. does this make sense?

It makes perfect sense to me.

Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Deicide: 7:20pm On Dec 31, 2016
DoctorAlien:
I'm not forcing you to accept my Own as authentic. It's left for every human to diligently seek out the authentic.
No I was just showing you that your believes are based on Emotions and not reality anyone can form anything and call it the "truth" why do you think a sane human would blow himself up in hope for 72virgins?

Because I encountered the only true GOD.
Still basing stuff on Emotions...Every religious person that believes in God also believes they have Encountered the one True GOD. but I still ask myself "how do people have personal relationships with God?" How can a being like a God be having a relationship with humans? To what gain doesn't that sounds "man-made" to you?....I was watching the Anime "Bleach" and Aizen said that "Just like A 4 dimensional being can't interact with a 3 dimentional being" execpt the 3d becomes 4d... Maybe in this context it means you have to be a God to interact with God..

Well, I wasn't joking. The papacy controls this earth. It is a known fact.
I don't even know papacy is cheesy

Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by DoctorAlien(m): 7:22pm On Dec 31, 2016
Deicide:

No I was just showing you that your believes are based on Emotions and not reality anyone can form anything and call it the "truth" why do you think a sane human would blow himself up in hope for 72virgins?

Still basing stuff on Emotions...Every religious person that believes in God also believes they have Encountered the one True GOD. but I still ask myself "how do people have personal relationships with God?" How can a being like a God be having a relationship with humans? To what gain doesn't that sounds "man-made" to you?....I was watching the Anime "Bleach" and Aizen said that "Just like A 4 dimensional being can't interact with a 3 dimentional being" execpt the 3d becomes 4d... Maybe in this context it means you have to be a God to interact with God..
You can continue in unbelief, okay?

I don't even know papacy is cheesy
Well...
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Deicide: 7:27pm On Dec 31, 2016
DoctorAlien:
You can continue in unbelief, okay?

Well...
Don't worry I'll research it I really think seun should add philosophy somewhere here on NL

Modified:
Oh Pope But if the office of the pope controls the world don't you think they control Christianity to giving the fact that they are the once to compile the NT? Most of Christian doctrine was base on them....infact all Christian denominations are Under them so if you think they are of the devil or whatever doesn't that make you an ignorant devil worshiper?
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by DoctorAlien(m): 7:33pm On Dec 31, 2016
Deicide:

Don't worry I'll research it I really think se.un should add philosophy somewhere here on NL

Well, yea. Philosophy is currently squatting in this section. It wouldn't be bad if it gets a section of its own.
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Deicide: 7:36pm On Dec 31, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Well, yea. Philosophy is currently squatting in this section. It wouldn't be bad if it gets a section of its own.
Yeah true Talk abi Mr. Seun how you see am?

Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by PastorAIO: 7:44pm On Dec 31, 2016
DoctorAlien:

I don't know what you're driving at but Matthew and Mark reported that Jesus stated unambiguously that He has power to forgive sin on earth, something only GOD can do.

Jesus never said only God can forgive sin. The Jewish Leaders said this.

Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by PastorAIO: 7:47pm On Dec 31, 2016
DoctorAlien:

I was inspired by the spirit of God to send a text this morning. That doesn't mean that you have to take my text as authoritative on everything you do in your life now.

Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by DoctorAlien(m): 7:57pm On Dec 31, 2016
PastorAIO:

I was inspired by the spirit of God to send a text this morning. That doesn't mean that you have to take my text as authoritative on everything you do in your life now.

The Holy Spirit inspired the accounts and admonitions in the Bible. As far as the Holy Spirit inspires it, you can be sure it ministers nothing but life. If it does not minister life, it is not of the Holy Spirit. If your text doesn't tally with the Holy Spirit-inspired Scripture, it cannot be that it was inspired by the Holy Spirit. It might have been inspired by a demon.

Precept must be upon precept, and line upon line.
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by DoctorAlien(m): 7:58pm On Dec 31, 2016
PastorAIO:

Jesus never said only God can forgive sin. The Jewish Leaders said this.

So did Jesus contradict what the Jewish Leaders said?

If I commit adultery, who will forgive me? If I use the name of the LORD in vain, who will forgive me?
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Deicide: 8:07pm On Dec 31, 2016
DoctorAlien:

The Holy Spirit inspired the accounts and admonitions in the Bible. As far as the Holy Spirit inspires it, you can be sure it ministers nothing but life. If it does not minister life, it is not of the Holy Spirit. If your text doesn't tally with the Holy Spirit-inspired Scripture, it cannot be that it was inspired by the Holy Spirit. It might have been inspired by a demon.

Precept must be upon precept, and line upon line.
Is this why there are more than 33thousand Denominations of Christianity with different doctrines? Just like "The Gods must be crazy" "The holy spirit to Must be Confused"...

Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by DoctorAlien(m): 8:14pm On Dec 31, 2016
Deicide:

Is this why there are more than 33thousand Denominations of Christianity with different doctrines? Just like "The Gods must be crazy" "The holy spirit to Must be Confused"...

Again, my formula applies here: out of the multitude of fakes, there must be a real.

GOD knows those who are His. Moreover, nobody's gonna make Heaven because he belongs to a particular denomination. The requirement to Heaven is obedience to GOD's Word(The Bible).

So, check what the Bible teaches, and then check all the denominations. The one that abides by and teaches only the Bible, is the true church.

Who didn't know that Satan would raise his own counterfeit churches with rebellious teachings? Even apostle Paul knew.
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Deicide: 8:16pm On Dec 31, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Again, my formula applies here: out of the multitude of fakes, there must be a real.

GOD knows those who are His. Moreover, nobody's gonna make Heaven because he belongs to a particular denomination. The requirement to Heaven is obedience to GOD's Word(The Bible).

So, check what the Bible teaches, and then check all the denominations. The one that abides by and teaches only the Bible, is the true church.

Who didn't know that Satan would raise his own counterfeit churches with rebellious teachings? Even apostle Paul knew.
There is no Church in the Wild..
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Nobody: 11:37pm On Dec 31, 2016
DoctorAlien:

I know what No True Scotsman fallacy is.

I was simply tryna point out the fact that most of what you hear these "ex-christians" put forth as what puts them off in Christianity are not even in Christianity in the first place.

Is eternal hell fire not in Christianity ?

Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Nobody: 11:45pm On Dec 31, 2016
skeendyke:
God is love and He is also terrible. His love for you does not cloud His sense of judgment.

And his loving judgement is to send you to an eternity torture ?
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by 4kings: 11:47pm On Dec 31, 2016
DoctorAlien:

So, going by this; those that preach and believe eating pork(& other unclean animals) is not a sin are in danger of eternal condemnation??
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by CHARLOE(m): 12:09am On Jan 01, 2017
plaetton:
God must be crazy.
Blasphemy! If not for his mercy, u wld have been consumed, like Ananias n saphira, like those 42 kids laffing @ d man of dog. Sorry, god, sorry, God! God loves u, ask him 4 4giveness now. Or else..... cool

Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by DoctorAlien(m): 1:29am On Jan 01, 2017
frosbel2:
Is eternal hell fire not in Christianity ?

Nope. It's not. No sinner will be alive forever, probably burning in one part of GOD's creation. Fire will simply destroy them, the fierceness of the punishment according to each person's deeds. Satan will receive it hottest.

The privilege of being alive forever is reserved only for righteous people.
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by DoctorAlien(m): 1:33am On Jan 01, 2017
4kings:
So, going by this; those that preach and believe eating pork(& other unclean animals) is not a sin are in danger of eternal condemnation??

GOD does not want us to eat those things, and if one continues to disobey GOD by eating them and convincing others to do so with him, even when he knows that GOD does not want him to do so, I'm afraid the person is gonna get what those who insist on disobeying GOD get.

Everyone is study diligently study the Scripture for a revelation of GOD's will.

Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by obinna58(m): 2:02am On Jan 01, 2017
HCpaul:

- God so loved the world
- God sacrificed his only and most loveth son (Ones only son will always be his most loveth son).
- God is indirectly mandating his love on humanity and that human being must believe in his dearest son or else, he will do and undo.

It still baffles me whenever I hear a Christian telling me that God wants to save me from perishing in eternal damnation.

My question was that 'perish from what??' please from what exactly?

Is it from the wrath of another Creator or the said God??

Then the Christian sister said 'the said God'.

I told her that she was not serious.

Why will a loving father go to the length of killing his dearest son just to rescue me from the wrath that he consistently replenished.

Saving me from eternal damnation..... The one that he created or the one someone else created?

My deduction is that it's either God does not know how to rescue or he is too supercilious to heed to advice and corrections, and of which i am still rendering to him.

His almightiness doesn't mean that he can't still make a mistake. He should instead heed to correction when he made one.

Hahaha

Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Ranchhoddas: 2:30am On Jan 01, 2017
You are certainly no JW. Adventist perhaps?
DoctorAlien:

Nope. It's not. No sinner will be alive forever, probably burning in one part of GOD's creation. Fire will simply destroy them, the fierceness of the punishment according to each person's deeds. Satan will receive it hottest.

Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by DoctorAlien(m): 2:37am On Jan 01, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
You are certainly no JW. Adventist perhaps?

Yeah.
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Nobody: 8:37am On Jan 01, 2017
DoctorAlien:

Sounds plausible but this is a very minority view in most of christendom.
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by DoctorAlien(m): 8:40am On Jan 01, 2017
frosbel2:

Sounds plausible but this is a very minority view in most of christendom.

The truth is hardly popular.
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by 4kings: 9:16am On Jan 01, 2017
DoctorAlien:

GOD does not want us to eat those things, and if one continues to disobey GOD by eating them and convincing others to do so with him, even when he knows that GOD does not want him to do so, I'm afraid the person is gonna get what those who insist on disobeying GOD get.

Everyone is study diligently study the Scripture for a revelation of GOD's will.
Your statement makes it look like the person knows for sure, but still disobeys.

I was talking about Christians understanding it differently, through the "leading of the Holy Spirit" .

This leading of the Spirit is really causing further schism in Christianity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Reasons Why We Go To Church. / Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern / How To Make The Most Benefit Of Your Bible Reading

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72