Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

Why Do Nigerians Hike Prize Of Things During Festive Periods? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do Nigerians Hike Prize Of Things During Festive Periods? (531 Views)

What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? / What Do Nigerians In Malaysia Do For A Living? / Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerians Hike Prize Of Things During Festive Periods? by izombie(m): 6:25am On Dec 31, 2016
Yesterday i went to buy naija food where i usually buy our food in johannesburg but the prize don increase from 40 rand to 50. On the 24th i went to buy live chickens for xmas but the prize has increased from 100 rand to 120. But when you go to a south african owned business to buy anything you will realise that they have reduced their prize. South african businesses do all kinds of promotions during festive periods by giving discounts on variety of things but our own no be like that. We punish each other by hiking prizes. Why is it like that? I've been wondering. Why do we sell something that is 1000 naira 1500 naira because its xmas or easter or sallah?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hike Prize Of Things During Festive Periods? by Nobody: 7:02am On Dec 31, 2016
Cos they like to cheat and most of them if not all Nigerians are Dubious. Just a little opportunity, and yhu will see their true colours.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hike Prize Of Things During Festive Periods? by ikbnice(m): 7:09am On Dec 31, 2016
Nigerians always find ways to maximize profit without considering the buyers. We usually shout that government is making live uncomfortable for us but if we look at the ways we are making it uncomfortable for ourselves and fellow Nigerians, you will discover that we are problem to ourselves. The mentality has been part and parcel of business in Nigeria and I don't think it is going to stop too soon.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hike Prize Of Things During Festive Periods? by izombie(m): 9:01am On Dec 31, 2016
abuayman:
Cost the like to cheat and most of them if not all Nigerians are Dubious. Just a little opportunity, and yhu will see their true colours.
exactly. We are very dubious in nature. Its really annoying.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hike Prize Of Things During Festive Periods? by izombie(m): 9:03am On Dec 31, 2016
ikbnice:
Nigerians always find ways to maximize profit without considering the buyers. We usually shout that government is making live uncomfortable for us but if we look at the ways we are making it uncomfortable for ourselves and fellow Nigerians, you will discover that we are problem to ourselves. The mentality has been part and parcel of business in Nigeria and I don't think it is going to stop too soon.
our mentality is very bad. Until we fix that mentality our govt will never fix anything.

(1) (Reply)

Students In Near East University / Accident In Enugu By Peace Mass Transit As A Result Of Cows Crossing the road / Corpers Returning From CDS Narrowly Escape Death In Terrible Accident(pic+video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.