₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1,729,304 members, 3,314,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 January 2017 at 11:11 AM

Please Support An Aspiring Programmer. - Programming (1) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please Support An Aspiring Programmer. (1650 Views)

Hilarious Advice To Young Aspiring Tech Ceos From Older Tech Ceos / Please Help An Aspiring Programmer To Secure A Placement In An It Firm (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Support An Aspiring Programmer. by asalimpo(m): 5:39pm On Jan 04
you're a f**cking beggar. e remain to carry bowl dey beg for here.
Besides you have no sense. Anybody giving you that money will be throwing it away.
Any one who really wants to learn how to program will do so with the little he has?
They'll browse the net, use a desktop until they get a lappy (code still compiles on desktop)
and study using ebooks until they can buy real books (if ever). You just want money under the guise of learning programming, and that 10 weeks course crap you're talking about .. Good for those who have the money, but they're alternatives.
Go on youtube and check out how to learn to program, all you'll see there is going to be DIY.
If you dont have money for bootcamp, learn on your own!! Dammit!!
If you can't even learn on your forget it. Nobody will always teach you.
Hope this helps.
Return that N10k you stole thru begging. angry sad

1 Like

Re: Please Support An Aspiring Programmer. by Vanceastro: 5:52pm On Jan 04
asalimpo:
you're a f**cking beggar. e remain to carry bowl dey beg for here.
Besides you have no sense. Anybody giving you that money will be throwing it away.
Any one who really wants to learn how to program will do so with the little he has?
They'll browse the net, use a desktop until they get a lappy (code still compiles on desktop)
and study using ebooks until they can buy real books (if ever). You just want money under the guise of learning programming, and that 10 weeks course crap you're talking about .. Good for those who have the money, but they're alternatives.
Go on youtube and check out how to learn to program, all you'll see there is going to be DIY.
If you dont have money for bootcamp, learn on your own!! Dammit!!
If you can't even learn on your forget it. Nobody will always teach you.
Hope this helps.
Return that N10k you stole thru begging. angry sad
Thank you for the insults.
I neither own a computer nor a smartphone. I am using a nokia c3 phone so how do I read ebooks? Again thank you.
Re: Please Support An Aspiring Programmer. by asalimpo(m): 6:23pm On Jan 04
Your statement can't be verified. Many people come on nairaland to scam people. Exploiting and abusing human sympathy through sad tales. You could be one of those.
Anyway, if you're genuine, and keenly interested in programming, how come you've not been able to make any progress in that direction? You have a feature phone, but you could go to the cyber cafe and research programming? etc. You could be inching ur way into the field. You could have laised or sought mentorship from those who've been into it already, instead of just assuming, money is the issue.
Re: Please Support An Aspiring Programmer. by Vanceastro: 6:32pm On Jan 04
asalimpo:
Your statement can't be verified. Many people come on nairaland to scam people. Exploiting and abusing human sympathy through sad tales. You could be one of those.
Anyway, if you're genuine, and keenly interested in programming, how come you've not been able to make any progress in that direction? You have a feature phone, but you could go to the cyber cafe and research programming? etc. You could be inching ur way into the field. You could have laised or sought mentorship from those who've been into it already, instead of just assuming, money is the issue.
It is not just programming; we are also to undergo some engineering software training which I think can't be learnt alone. You would need the buy original software with keys which one can't afford alone. Some of this software run into hundreds of thousands, that's why we have to go through this group of tutors who have already bought the software.
Re: Please Support An Aspiring Programmer. by Vanceastro: 6:38pm On Jan 04
asalimpo:
Yes sir, you are right. My statement can't be verified. It is impossible for anyone to prove that I truly intend to learn programming or not. It is an emotional thing; a matter of conviction. The only way I can "prove" my case is by making my plea as convincing as possible.

I have been reading up some programming via html pages, but they are too few and not illustrative enough. Also cyber cafes are not cheap. I doubt i can learn much about NEBOSH, GAMBIT et al in 30 mins in a cafe which has none of the software. smiley
Re: Please Support An Aspiring Programmer. by Vanceastro: 5:50am On Jan 05
Cc lovinam
Re: Please Support An Aspiring Programmer. by Vanceastro: 7:27am On Jan 05
Vanceastro
Re: Please Support An Aspiring Programmer. by Vanceastro: 7:48am On Jan 05
Cc Seun, Dexmars, Lexusgs430, Onegai, Nysot, Fastestshipper, Fastshipping, 4evergod, Jarus, Xfire, Smileysmiles, vanceastro, etc
Re: Please Support An Aspiring Programmer. by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 9:00am On Jan 05
goodluck
Re: Please Support An Aspiring Programmer. by asalimpo(m): 5:52pm On Jan 05
ok. Hope you achieve your goal. If you want it that way, fine. But to learn programming on the cheap, they're cheaper alternatives, but it will require more motivation and discipline from you.
Not one to tell you what to do, but I looked up nebosh, it is a certifying body based in the u.k.
For software development, you dont need no expensive 100k+ software.
Maybe they're trying to teach coding and something else.
If it's software engineering, their trying to sell you, as a noob, it's too early for that.
You must first learn coding first.
If they can teach you and you can deliver in that 10 weeks period- great. You got value for your money.
Else, you got no real returns and just got conversant with some buzz words and stuff enough to continue
learning on your own. Some of these bootcamps are like that, they get u familiar but not so deep others
get you enough to production level, but you will still be a noob and need to work under a supervisor.
For now,it's hard to tell.
But, there's one rule, you can apply, if you dont have the money, chill, another opportunity will come by.
Goodluck though.
Re: Please Support An Aspiring Programmer. by Vanceastro: 6:34pm On Jan 05
asalimpo:
ok. Hope you achieve your goal. If you want it that way, fine. But to learn programming on the cheap, they're cheaper alternatives, but it will require more motivation and discipline from you.
Not one to tell you what to do, but I looked up nebosh, it is a certifying body based in the u.k.
For software development, you dont need no expensive 100k+ software.
Maybe they're trying to teach coding and something else.
If it's software engineering, their trying to sell you, as a noob, it's too early for that.
You must first learn coding first.
If they can teach you and you can deliver in that 10 weeks period- great. You got value for your money.
Else, you got no real returns and just got conversant with some buzz words and stuff enough to continue
learning on your own. Some of these bootcamps are like that, they get u familiar but not so deep others
get you enough to production level, but you will still be a noob and need to work under a supervisor.
For now,it's hard to tell.
But, there's one rule, you can apply, if you dont have the money, chill, another opportunity will come by.
Goodluck though.
Thank you for the heads up. Please what codes should I start with?
Re: Please Support An Aspiring Programmer. by Vanceastro: 6:35pm On Jan 05
ANTONINEUTRON:
goodluck
Thank you smiley
Re: Please Support An Aspiring Programmer. by asalimpo(m): 8:19pm On Jan 05
Vanceastro:

Thank you for the heads up. Please what codes should I start with?
if you mean programming language, I started with java but it would seem overwhelming for noobies.
You can start with python, a relatively simple easy to learn programming language.
Or if you can brave it start with java itself. Start with java 8,if you want. Why i recommend java is that,
or c#, it will discipline you to write well. And then jumping back to python will be easier.
- download java ebooks
- download java compiler
- get an editor and or ide
- get a computer,
- begin learning.

for python:
- download python
- download python ebooks
- get an editor
- get a computer
- start learning and doing

- also check out some youtube videos.

an alternative to java can be c#.

We're experiencing a functional trend now,
if you want to try functional programing,
you can lay hands on a functional language and go from there:
try clojure:
get the compiler
get books
get computer
go

or try, scala
or try haskell.

but to be on the safe side, you can first try the oop (i.e object oriented languages ) first: java, python, etc
before the functional ones.
The oop languages sell here. But in the future, some innovators may want people will functional skills.
Your biggest hurdle if you try this approach is getting a computer. Solve that problem, then we can see what to do about the next step.
There areas in this field: mobile programming, web designing, desktop programming.
I am assuming that you're interested in general programming (desktop programming),
or that you're testing the waters to know where to go next.
Web development will require another set of procedures. But for now, if u're confused , just follow the desktop programming route, as you become more conversant with the field, you'll know what to do next.
Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Please Support An Aspiring Programmer. by Vanceastro: 8:47pm On Jan 05
asalimpo:

if you mean programming language, I started with java but it would seem overwhelming for noobies.
You can start with python, a relatively simple easy to learn programming language.
Or if you can brave it start with java itself. Start with java 8,if you want. Why i recommend java is that,
or c#, it will discipline you to write well. And then jumping back to python will be easier.
- download java ebooks
- download java compiler
- get an editor and or ide
- get a computer,
- begin learning.

for python:
- download python
- download python ebooks
- get an editor
- get a computer
- start learning and doing

- also check out some youtube videos.

an alternative to java can be c#.

We're experiencing a functional trend now,
if you want to try functional programing,
you can lay hands on a functional language and go from there:
try clojure:
get the compiler
get books
get computer
go

or try, scala
or try haskell.

but to be on the safe side, you can first try the oop (i.e object oriented languages ) first: java, python, etc
before the functional ones.
The oop languages sell here. But in the future, some innovators may want people will functional skills.
Your biggest hurdle if you try this approach is getting a computer. Solve that problem, then we can see what to do about the next step.
There areas in this field: mobile programming, web designing, desktop programming.
I am assuming that you're interested in general programming (desktop programming),
or that you're testing the waters to know where to go next.
Web development will require another set of procedures. But for now, if u're confused , just follow the desktop programming route, as you become more conversant with the field, you'll know what to do next.
Cheers!
Thank you very much sir. May you remain blessed.
Re: Please Support An Aspiring Programmer. by Vanceastro: 12:06pm On Jan 06
Cc. Kondomatic, Mutuwa, King406, Kingrex1, Nurey
Re: Please Support An Aspiring Programmer. by Vanceastro: 12:43pm On Jan 06
Oga sir I hail o cc Readonee35L, Kunle75, Honmusa, Lagusta.
Re: Please Support An Aspiring Programmer. by Vanceastro: 3:41pm On Jan 06
@ Atlantian
Good evening sir. Plz your help is needed on this thread.
http://www.nairaland.com/3547914/please-support-aspiring-programmer
Re: Please Support An Aspiring Programmer. by Vanceastro: 10:19pm On Jan 06
@ nysot. Please ma your help is needed on this thread.
http://www.nairaland.com/3547914/please-support-aspiring-programmer
Re: Please Support An Aspiring Programmer. by Wacosoninterior: 8:31am On Jan 07
Bro I have been in your shoes before.

But sorry to say Nairalanders are stubborn set of people to ask this favour from.

You would just frustrate yourself.

Well I thank God for my life now.

The solution I would give you is to remember your family.

Ask your brothers or sisters or any relatives.

M sure they are waiting for you to ask from them.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: Please Support An Aspiring Programmer. by Vanceastro: 9:20am On Jan 07
Wacosoninterior:
Bro I have been in your shoes before.

But sorry to say Nairalanders are stubborn set of people to ask this favour from.

You would just frustrate yourself.

Well I thank God for my life now.

The solution I would give you is to remember your family.

Ask your brothers or sisters or any relatives.

M sure they are waiting for you to ask from them.

Good luck
Thank you sir for the advice smiley. But I my relatives are all struggling. Everyone is minding their business.
Re: Please Support An Aspiring Programmer. by Wacosoninterior: 10:26am On Jan 07
Vanceastro:

Thank you sir for the advice smiley. But I my relatives are all struggling. Everyone is minding their business.

Ok here's my advice again:

Look for a job to do maybe work in a cafe or something.

Gather up ur salary while at the same time you have access to their computer and internet to learn.

Do self learning for a month and two.

If your salary adds up, you can get a system then

2 Likes

Re: Please Support An Aspiring Programmer. by Vanceastro: 11:10am On Jan 07
Wacosoninterior:

Ok here's my advice again:

Look for a job to do maybe work in a cafe or something.

Gather up ur salary while at the same time you have access to their computer and internet to learn.

Do self learning for a month and two.

If your salary adds up, you can get a system then
it is hard to get a job anywhere. Everywhere is filled up. I have been trying to get a job as a bricklayer sha but na connection. The problem is that the programme commences this month, so there is enough to savr for a laptop
Re: Please Support An Aspiring Programmer. by Vanceastro: 5:29pm On Jan 07
Cc. Chiebunigom
Re: Please Support An Aspiring Programmer. by imustsaymymindo: 6:29pm On Jan 07
Vanceastro:

register where? To a forum?

This is a compound if else statement and every compound if else statement should end with a final else but yours ends with an else if...

This is what I mean:
If condition
Do.....
Else if another condition
Do...
Else if another condition o
Do...
Else
Do.. the last thing it's meant to do.

Just found out I quote the wrong person.
Re: Please Support An Aspiring Programmer. by Vanceastro: 6:45pm On Jan 07
imustsaymymindo:

This is a compound if else statement and every compound if else statement should end with a final else but yours ends with an else if...

This is what I mean:
If condition
Do.....
Else if another condition
Do...
Else if another condition o
Do...
Else
Do.. the last thing it's meant to do.

Just found out I quote the wrong person.
I don fear o. This one una don turn my thread to help desk.
Re: Please Support An Aspiring Programmer. by Vanceastro: 11:20am On Jan 08
Re: Please Support An Aspiring Programmer. by Vanceastro: 5:45pm On Jan 08
Re: Please Support An Aspiring Programmer. by imustsaymymindo: 6:37am On Jan 09
Vanceastro:

it is hard to get a job anywhere. Everywhere is filled up. I have been trying to get a job as a bricklayer sha but na connection. The problem is that the programme commences this month, so there is enough to savr for a laptop

God would help you. Forget that programme for now and hustle first. When the tools and knowledge is gotten, then you can invest in other programmes. So, hustle more bro. It would be fine.
Re: Please Support An Aspiring Programmer. by Vanceastro: 7:22am On Jan 09
imustsaymymindo:

God would help you. Forget that programme for now and hustle first. When the tools and knowledge is gotten, then you can invest in other programmes. So, hustle more bro. It would be fine.
thank you very much sir

1 Like

Re: Please Support An Aspiring Programmer. by Vanceastro: 3:44pm On Jan 09
Re: Please Support An Aspiring Programmer. by Vanceastro: 3:46pm On Jan 09
Re: Please Support An Aspiring Programmer. by Vanceastro: 3:47pm On Jan 09

(0) (1) (2) (Reply)

Visual Basic Sample Program "Talking Menu" / Convert My Cms From Cfm To Php / Andela Will Empower Africa's Next Generation Of Great Technical Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2017 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.